Vapman

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
@VapourHaze The paper inserts are not in the pipe line but I was thinking about this before.
Middle section with male adapter for water tools is somthing I could make anytime.

@Andreaerdna The middle section made of glass gets extremly hot. Glass is a bad conducter but still a much better one than wood. Glass would be ideal for cleaning but is a no go for this purpous.

vapman

I think you should make a small batch up im sure they'd be popular. Test the water as they say :)

herbivore21

I'm with you on this one @herbivore21, what about disposable paper inserts, made of that heat proof paper used for cooking and baking? I think stainless steel would conduct the heat along the air path making the vapor warmer than it is on wood or paper.

vapman:)
Stainless could indeed conduct heat along the airpath, but this would likely make for more clouds by providing a heated downstem effect (a la sublimator) - for direct draw use, I could definitely imagine that SS would add heat to the POM mouthpiece which might be problematic - given that POM has a melting point of 175c and I am vaping hash at temps well beyond that! Still, a stainless or ti or ceramic piece with no mouthpiece, that is tapered to 14.4mm (with some wood or something around the outside of the tip to keep heat off the glass!) for connection to glass would be incredible!

I only really use my vapman through water anyway (super high-end hash needs way too much heat and creates way too much vapor to be vaporized direct through such a short airpath lol) :D

Parchment inserts like you say could work well for this purpose though, it would need to fold out over the bottom of the middle piece underneath the middle piece screen (that has two small screws in it) so that all of the wood is covered from all possible vapor/oil residue but that could work quite well, so long as it can stand the heat from my bubble hash vaping (which is heat that would possibly combust flowers in the same crucible I'd roughly guess somewhere in the 200-220c mark - from memory I think this is the upper heat limit of the best quality parchment papers).

@Enchantre it isn't a matter of effecting the taste of my flowers (I don't ever vape flowers in the vapman, they go in the mighty for maximum consistent clouds and taste - vapman really shines for hash for my purposes because it is so easy to clean for such a melty medicine, the middle piece absorbing resin really is the only thing stopping it from being the absolute perfect hash vape ;) ).

My issue with the middle piece is that it very quickly gets so gunked up with the errl of whatever hash I have used that when I get a new strain, all I can taste is the last one I had. Since I am a medical user who takes great pride in making very clean extracts for my meds, I like to keep everything as hygienically clean as possible to savor the fruits of my labor.

The vapman is also useful (while I wait for my SiC dish for the dnail) for tasting my new solvent based meds to ensure that full purge is complete but not overdone, but only if it doesn't taste like hashes or shatters I've hit in the past lol

It sounds like @vapman is open to developing a solution for hash users though, which I look forward to! :D

I understand that the vapman was made for flowers originally so we really can't expect these considerations to have been prominent when Rene first designed it. This is more a suggestion for how we can move the vapman forward and make it even more widely useful and loved than it is already! :D

EDIT: Just saw vapman say they are not necessarily in the pipeline yet. We'll have to see what happens! I also am with Vapman here though in saying that glass is really not what we need here lol, I honestly think in the event that parchment is still not heat resistant enough for hash vaping that SS or ti inner path with wood around the outside would be the best way to do a middle piece that connects direct to glass but keeps clean.

Last edited:

herbivore21

I personally don't mind the collection of natural oils dripping back down into my herb :D.
I get where you're coming from bro if you don't mind losing the taste of your buds a bit to old oil build-up, but I do not want to spoil the taste of my top notch concentrates with the taste of old decarbed concentrates trapped in part of the vape ;)

It is a terrible shame not to experience the beautiful taste of these concentrates!

Mr Mellish

I get where you're coming from bro if you don't mind losing the taste of your buds a bit to old oil build-up, but I do not want to spoil the taste of my top notch concentrates with the taste of old decarbed concentrates trapped in part of the vape ;)

It is a terrible shame not to experience the beautiful taste of these concentrates!

This is too funny. I'm coming from an environment where procurement has been very difficult (it took me several years to resolve "standard" supply.). Hell, getting decent concentrates is still a HUGE struggle. I was using an MFLB and reprocessing ABV as long as I possibly could. I was draining that shit for every molecule I could scrape out. Not a problem now but I totally empathize with those who have supply issues that force serious conservation. If this is your situation, the Vapman is your friend. The Vapman is your best friend! But here's the difference. With the MFLB, you can continue to reprocess. With the Vapman, you can use a small amount and suck the living shit out of it! Chime in, fellow VapManiacs, if I'm off base!

jfrsn

I will agree somewhat, but the vapman to me is truly a portable machine. I used it on a roadtrip recently and not only was it conservative it was a flavour maker. I took my fine concentrates and fine herbs :p

I take pride in the quality of both winterized bho and some primo Canadian kush, my initial plan was to use my jerry rigged screens to take the dabs but that didn't work and I haven't received the original screens yet. Anways I rolled a ball of BHO and Bud together and man ... It lasted the entire 8 hour road trip that one bowl. I don't use the vapman at home enough, generally I prefer the good old rig.

vapman

Manufacturer
I doubt that the development of the original vapman did cost 100.000 usd... Did it?

@Nilsson Yes it did! Looking at the final product doesn`t reveal the costs of the development at first sight but don`t forget that each component, except the two pins on the middle section, is custom made!
I did not put $100,000 in cash on the table, but at least $50,000 for all sorts of toolings, special equipments and jigs, the rest I paid in form of my own input and labour. Life in Switzerland is not cheap and I worked many many hours on this project. $100,000 is not even enough if I would pay myself a decent salary! The tools for the egg shaped container cost alone $16,000 without counting my work for the design, technical drawings and organizing the job. Four different typ of screws are used on vapman, all custom made! Then we have the ss springs, ss filter, air tubes, mouthpiece, aluminum clamps, mica heat shields, filling aid, gold coated copper bowl, two different wood parts with distinguished shapes and 21 holes and cones in all sorts of positions and sizes. All these components have to be designed, developed and manufactured before vapman was born, (to be wild). Vapman is truly the result of an uncompromised search for an efficient, small and portable vaporizer!:)

Thank you all, I am proud to have you among my clients!:nod:

vapman

Petro

Vapman is truly the result of an uncompromised search for an efficient, small and portable vaporizer!:)

Even though at first it appears to be a simple device there is obviously a lot of thought and careful design behind every aspect of the Vapman, which is why it just works so perfectly. No bells and whistles just a very well designed product. Perfect synergy of form and function IMO.

I took the Vapman on a little getaway I had last week, was going to take my Underdog but was glad I didn't in the end. Had a lot of quality time with the Vapman and we are now closer than ever :luv:.

Quick pic I took of the Vapman when we stopped for lunch in a rainforest walk (camera was set to low res accidentally :doh:):

TgrqZkM.jpg

jfrsn

Then we have the ss springs, ss filter, air tubes, mouthpiece, aluminum clamps, mica heat shields, filling aid, gold coated copper bowl, two different wood parts with distinguished shapes and 21 holes and cones in all sorts of positions and sizes. All these components have to be designed, developed and manufactured before vapman was born, (to be wild). Vapman is truly the result of an uncompromised search for an efficient, small and portable vaporizer!:)

vapman

You my friend, are a true artist :).

MeesterWood

My first vapman developed a crack within a week. The replacement for that vapman has now developed two cracks, after about a month. Please forgive me for taking the picture with a potato.

tozmtop.jpg

I could not have treated this replacement body piece any more delicately. What could be going on?

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
@VapourHaze The paper inserts are not in the pipe line but I was thinking about this before.
Middle section with male adapter for water tools is somthing I could make anytime.

@Andreaerdna The middle section made of glass gets extremly hot. Glass is a bad conducter but still a much better one than wood. Glass would be ideal for cleaning but is a no go for this purpous.

vapman

I agree, For sure it will be very hot after use, dangerously hot..

On the other hand, if used hooked to a j-hook for example (I'm using like that 90% lately) you will not need to touch the middle part, you can open to throw away ABV and to reload handling only the j-hook and the bowl part.

Or a j-hook avec an end capable to connect to vapman bowl!

I will would love it!

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
My first vapman developed a crack within a week. The replacement for that vapman has now developed two cracks, after about a month. Please forgive me for taking the picture with a potato.

tozmtop.jpg

I could not have treated this replacement body piece any more delicately. What could be going on?

The cracks, as I explained before on this forum, occur because of the tension building up from the great heat, where the wood on the inside shrinks more than on the outside, leading to cracks. Why some vapman crack why some don`t is simply because wood is always unique, even pieces of the same tree are all different. So far I have never seen a vapman fall apart because of the cracks, it seems that when the tension once is released, it stays stable. Therefore I can state that these sort of cracks don`t affect the function nor the lifespan. Of course we replace any unit where the cracks would threaten to make vapman fall apart but this never happened so far. The cracks are not your fault, it can happen to anyone.:)

I agree, For sure it will be very hot after use, dangerously hot..

On the other hand, if used hooked to a j-hook for example (I'm using like that 90% lately) you will not need to touch the middle part, you can open to throw away ABV and to reload handling only the j-hook and the bowl part.

Or a j-hook avec an end capable to connect to vapman bowl!

I will would love it!

Yes, you are right, in this case glass could be used for the middle section. The other question would be, how difficult and expensive would it be to make middle sections of glass? I guess it could be quite costly and not too many people would probably buy one of these, therefore it is economically not reasonable for us to make such middle sections, I think.

The thing with the disposable paper inserts is something I might follow one day but I have no clue what it means to make them. I don`t even have an idea how I would start and who could help me with this. Paper is a world on its own and I never had any projects with custom made paper stuff. A while back, I bought some of this heat prove paper put I realised quickly that it has to be manufactured in one piece somehow and that is a greater task to fulfill. One day I might come across some people or a factory dealing with such things, that would be the moment I would hook in.:nod:

@Petro I really like your photo, the colored rays of light make it look enchanting and fairytale!:tup:

vapman:)

OF

Yes, you are right, in this case glass could be used for the middle section. The other question would be, how difficult and expensive would it be to make middle sections of glass?

The thing with the disposable paper inserts is something I might follow one day but I have no clue what it means to make them. I don`t even have an idea how I would start and who could help me with this.

I agree, a glass center section would be difficult and expensive to make most likely. Thermal issues make the steel pins and threaded holes serious problems, we don't want cracks forming or things falling off.

However, how about a glass liner? A short piece of the right size tube could be slipped into the existing bore in the wood? It could be easy to remove for cleaning/recovery. A simple bore size piston could push most of the condensate out......

The paper idea I also like. From my limited experience with paper, I think "Parchment paper" (sometimes called 'baker's paper') is the call. It's an offshoot of fish paper as I understand it, where the raw cellulose is treated with Sulfuric Acid to weaken the bonds so new bonds can be formed when the pulp is compressed. You end up with a durable sheet, strongly resembling the parchment (thin animal skin) traditionally used for documents and drum heads. It's tough and can stand up to hot oven temperatures. I'm thinking a strip that was rolled into a tube say two layers thick and pushed down the MP hole against the SS screen? Notches in the bottom edge would allow the vapor that came through the sides of the screen to 'make it to the MP'.

Fun ideas,

OF

Macc_z

@OF The cheap DX torch you recommend just burned all the hairs off my hand haha!

But no seriously I just got this thing a few months ago and its been working great but today it did something off... I refilled it after just using it and it lit for a few seconds, turned it off, and saw the flame but a weird sound, like a click. It refused to light so I turned the + dial a tad. After a few clicks, all I saw was a hand of fire. Panicked and threw it. I'm guessing I shouldn't use this torch anymore. Has this ever happened to you? or am I safe :\

Macc_z

Maybe but its gone now :D I'd rather keep my hand.

Sounds like you had gas leak on your hand/the lighter that ignited when you clicked the lighter on?

Probably I think it sprayed on my hand or got on the bottle... or it sprayed too much butane when I clicked it and somehow ignited my hand I don't know. I'll be more attentive next time.

OF

Probably I think it sprayed on my hand or got on the bottle... or it sprayed too much butane when I clicked it and somehow ignited my hand I don't know. I'll be more attentive next time.

Most likely. For sure some extra gas got loose somehow. Butane vapors are nasty for hanging around where you don't expect them.......which is why the BHO guys seem to blow themselves up/burn the joint down as often as they do.

Treating fire with due respect is probably the second thing our ancestors learned after climbing down from the trees.

Glad you survived as well as you did. Bet we don't fool you that way again....... That's the kind of experience that can get a guy back in the habit of going to church, after a change of underwear of course.

OF

Top Bottom