Vapman

vapman

Manufacturer
Ah exciting.. does that mean my classic ebony is nearly ready @vapman ? (You emailed me a couple of weeks ago... email addres ends with 83) Cant wait to have a matching pair :)

Yes, I am in the process of making a limited series of classic ebonies and yew vapman right now, they should be ready in about two weeks time.:)

I know but I just keep going over if I did something wrong but not sure what I could have even done to get it that hot ya know?

Again, it is definitely not your fault, the station has to be foolproof and there is nothing you could have done wrong.:nod:

@vapman Those look awesome!!!!

Im thinking about getting a second vapman after the holidays and those are perfect for me :)

Simple, but perfect

@dadafg Thank you and happy holidays!:)

@terarc I don`t know magic eraser and if it is possible to remove a baked on layer with this product.
I find that scraping off the black layer with a small knife works quite well for me, just be gentle and use little force in order not to hurt the gold coating and the connection of the three tubes. In case you would hurt the gold coating, don`t worry, it is all aesthetic and has no influence on function, lifespan and safety. To prevent a black layer building up, the bowl has to be wiped out and cleaned regularly after almost each use. It is understood that we don`t replace any vapman being damaged from carelessly and incautious scraping off the black layer with a small knife, this is why we don`t recommend this officially in the manual. I know that this forum is also official but to me there is a difference between a forum with members interested in a particular vaporizer and the general public just buying a vaporizer.:)

Hi @vapman - here I am also scratching my head trying to figure out what might've gone wrong with the stations ...could it possibly have something to do with a slight difference in our electrical outlet outputs here in the USA and elsewhere, whereas when they return back home to you they work perfectly again? Thanks!!! You are AMAZING!!!

The electricity network should have no influence on the station, the adapter which goes with the station works for all voltages between 100-240 volts. Thank you for your sympathy, it is much appreciated!:)

To all the vapman friends living in the northern hemisphere, I wish you all a nice summer and to the ones in the southern hemisphere, a good winter! To the ones living in the tropics I wish you an other good (vapman) season.;)

vapman

OF

Well,

Slow Draw let go of the bow string and arrow (as opposed to pulling the trigger)

Got a vapman coming.

@OF keep the lines clear, it will be here fast, its coming from PIU.

Cool. About time, don'cha think? How you fixed for fire? An appropriate torch is a big plus.

My advice is to right now order a couple of these:
http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.VZtCV8nSO9I

Best lighter I've found for VM (although it only shades the official VM one by a bit) and at under $3 shipped you'll be hard pressed to beat the price. Given the low cost I've been feeding the several I have spread around the cheapest fuel I can find. I've yet to wear one out or break it (although I'm trying.....), but am wearing the paint on the one I use most.....

OF

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Cool. About time, don'cha think? How you fixed for fire? An appropriate torch is a big plus.

My advice is to right now order a couple of these:
http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.VZtCV8nSO9I

Best lighter I've found for VM (although it only shades the official VM one by a bit) and at under $3 shipped you'll be hard pressed to beat the price. Given the low cost I've been feeding the several I have spread around the cheapest fuel I can find. I've yet to wear one out or break it (although I'm trying.....), but am wearing the paint on the one I use most.....

OF
It certainly seems that for most, those 'Power' jet lighters are good value overall, but it does appear that I have been rather unlucky with them.

I think that it was around Christmas that I bought 3 of these very same lighters from a seller on ebay - direct from china - and I currently only have one left that works, and even the piezo click on that one has started to become inconsistent and it sometimes fails to click altogether.

The clicking action also failed on the previous one & the one before that suddenly wouldn't stop expelling gas, resulting in having to manually snuff out the flame & then leave the lighter outside until it finished emptying itself. I then tried to refill it but gas just came straight out of the nozel.

I currently have 6 more on their way on a slow, slow boat so hopefully I'll have better luck this time.

However, I still think that the Vapman lighter is the best tool for the job & to me it definitely feels quality in the hand compared to the 'Power' lighters.

Plus my Vapman lighter is still going strong :)

Welcome aboard @Slow Draw McGraw!

Fun times ahoy! :clap:

Enjoy the journey.
Maaaaan, I'm almost jealous!

:peace:

OF

I think that it was around Christmas that I bought 3 of these very same lighters from a seller on ebay - direct from china - and I currently only have one left that works, and even the piezo click on that one has started to become inconsistent and it sometimes fails to click altogether.

I currently have 6 more on their way on a slow, slow boat so hopefully I'll have better luck this time.

However, I still think that the Vapman lighter is the best tool for the job & to me it definitely feels quality in the hand compared to the 'Power' lighters.

That's unfortunate indeed. I have to wonder if it's a seller issue? My 'main' on is four years old, and has seen a LOT of service. On average many times a day? Strange as it sounds to Western ears, perhaps they are copies (of an already cheap lighter....) or perhaps 'gray market' (unauthorized production or substandard being sold anyway?). I suggest DX. I have only bought from one other vendor (which I'm using now), they seem identical but I'm not ready to recommend them yet as they have no real history or advantage I can see.

Hopefully it won't repeat (same seller?). You evidently thought enough of them to buy more..... For the record my only 'problem' with the VM promoted one is 'ergonomics'. That is I find the cheap ones are easier (more natural) for me to use. The 'point better'.

Better luck with the next try.

OF

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
That's unfortunate indeed. I have to wonder if it's a seller issue? My 'main' on is four years old, and has seen a LOT of service. On average many times a day? Strange as it sounds to Western ears, perhaps they are copies (of an already cheap lighter....) or perhaps 'gray market' (unauthorized production or substandard being sold anyway?). I suggest DX. I have only bought from one other vendor (which I'm using now), they seem identical but I'm not ready to recommend them yet as they have no real history or advantage I can see.

Hopefully it won't repeat (same seller?). You evidently thought enough of them to buy more..... For the record my only 'problem' with the VM promoted one is 'ergonomics'. That is I find the cheap ones are easier (more natural) for me to use. The 'point better'.

OF

Thanks @OF, and yeah it did cross my mind that they could be non genuine - however unlikely it may seem.

But I've used a different seller this time (as far as I can tell), and my main reason for ordering more is cost, closely followed by the fact that they seem to be about the only suitable mini torch available at this price point which can provide power for all of my 'tane vapes.

If these ones go poop I'll give a final try with DX as you have suggested.

I would really like to find the Rolls Royce of torch lighters if they exist, so my search continues . . .

I'll tell y'all what though, I have absolutely been loving hitting my Vapman through a J-hook (with 18mm to 14mm GonG reducer) for quite some time now & I really do feel that I should share such a wonderful experience with you lovely peoples!

At home this has become my main method of interacting with the little Man, for in my opinion, Vapman does not require water & I always rather feel like I'm losing something in the experience (maybe some magic) when there is an expanse of water between us.

But not so with the J-hook! It is so much fun watching vapor just pour out of the Vapman & into the glass! I really get to see what my breath is doing which I have found helps me to gain further control and subsequently obtain the most effective hits.

Torching the Vapman in the J-hook is also a pleasure & I actually find it easier than holding the Vapman alone as you can just hold the neck of the J-hook like a handle.

And of course there's nothing like kicking back with a lazy style pipe hanging out of your mouth wot wot!

The Vapman & a J-hook are the perfect accompaniment for some quiet contemplation and a good old chin stroke (beard optional) :cool:

Sending peace, love, hope & happiness to all

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Thanks @OF, and yeah it did cross my mind that they could be non genuine - however unlikely it may seem.

But I've used a different seller this time (as far as I can tell), and my main reason for ordering more is cost, closely followed by the fact that they seem to be about the only suitable mini torch available at this price point which can provide power for all of my 'tane vapes.

I would really like to find the Rolls Royce of torch lighters if they exist, so my search continues . . .

I'll tell y'all what though, I have absolutely been loving hitting my Vapman through a J-hook (with 18mm to 14mm GonG reducer) for quite some time now & I really do feel that I should share such a wonderful experience with you lovely peoples!

At home this has become my main method of interacting with the little Man, for in my opinion, Vapman does not require water & I always rather feel like I'm losing something in the experience (maybe some magic) when there is an expanse of water between us.

But not so with the J-hook! It is so much fun watching vapor just pour out of the Vapman & into the glass! I really get to see what my breath is doing which I have found helps me to gain further control and subsequently obtain the most effective hits.

Torching the Vapman in the J-hook is also a pleasure & I actually find it easier than holding the Vapman alone as you can just hold the neck of the J-hook like a handle.

And of course there's nothing like kicking back with a lazy style pipe hanging out of your mouth wot wot!

The Vapman & a J-hook are the perfect accompaniment for some quiet contemplation and a good old chin stroke (beard optional) :cool:

Nice .. loving the j hook .. i may have to get one... i unbelievably have never bothered to run my vm through water. I have a really nice mobius matrix ion and i never feel the need to go through it. I know some people here love to use water but i prefer the simplicity of the vm pure. However i could be swayed by the j hook :)

With regards to the holy grail of lighters .. i dont think it exists. Earlier in this thread @vapman himself said hed tried numerous lighters including very expensive ones. Essentially they all rely on the same piezo sparking mechanism and thats basically the same on a 2 dollar one or 2 hundred dollar one.

I have the same lighters @OF linked (from ebay instead) and they are great. My vapman lighter died within 3 months or so (luck of the draw) and these cheapies are holding up just great.. your not gonna find much better, regardless of price.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I don't know about 'holy grail' but I have an Eagle Jet torch that I will not be replacing anytime soon.
(as recommended by an FC member, I wish I could remember who so I could thank them.)

It's very robust and you can adjust the flame size with the side lever whist using the thing.

Works great for all my butane vapes'

$_35.JPG

I do like the vapman torch

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...

OF
OF, It's interesting what you say about ergononomics. I find the vapman lighter much nicer-feeling in my hand, both ergonomically and quality-wise.

The cheapo ones have an almost 45 degree angle of atack while the vapman has an angle points higher/wider so it gives me a better angle to hit the tip of the crucible.

I had bought three of those lighters at first. Gave away one, and two broke after a while. This was about 3 months in.

I bought a vapman lighter (about 2 years ago?), and I'm STILL using that same lighter. It's the same one I use to char all the vapman as well, so it has see an excesive amount of action.

The vapman lighter was much better even than a $30 lighter I bought at the local head shop - at Twice the price of the vapman lighter.

I think the cheapo lighters are good enough if you buy enough of them to throw away as they fail, but the vapman lighter is much better quality with much better feel (for me), and I never worry about it at all.

In my humble opinion, the cheapo lighters offer a very cheap alternative for those who don't have the extra $15 to cover the lighter, but I believe that everyone that has finally tried the vapman lighter has said that they really like it, and they are a perfect match for the vapman, bioth in quality and ergonomics.

I'm just stating the obvious here, by just comparing quality vs price. But liike I've said before, the vapman lighter was even better for me than the expensive "quality" lighter I tried before it.

I didn't want to post this before because it may come off as "conflict of interest" but I give you my word that I'm simply stating what has been my experience with different lighters.

Peace :peace:

Mr Mellish

OF, It's interesting what you say about ergononomics. I find the vapman lighter much nicer-feeling in my hand, both ergonomically and quality-wise.

The cheapo ones have an almost 45 degree angle of atack while the vapman has an angle points higher/wider so it gives me a better angle to hit the tip of the crucible.

I had bought three of those lighters at first. Gave away one, and two broke after a while. This was about 3 months in.

I bought a vapman lighter (about 2 years ago?), and I'm STILL using that same lighter. It's the same one I use to char all the vapman as well, so it has see an excesive amount of action.

The vapman lighter was much better even than a $30 lighter I bought at the local head shop - at Twice the price of the vapman lighter.

I think the cheapo lighters are good enough if you buy enough of them to throw away as they fail, but the vapman lighter is much better quality with much better feel (for me), and I never worry about it at all.

In my humble opinion, the cheapo lighters offer a very cheap alternative for those who don't have the extra $15 to cover the lighter, but I believe that everyone that has finally tried the vapman lighter has said that they really like it, and they are a perfect match for the vapman, bioth in quality and ergonomics.

I'm just stating the obvious here, by just comparing quality vs price. But liike I've said before, the vapman lighter was even better for me than the expensive "quality" lighter I tried before it.

I didn't want to post this before because it may come off as "conflict of interest" but I give you my word that I'm simply stating what has been my experience with different lighters.

Peace :peace:

I can't say I've had a great deal of experience with lighters. My first VM was purchased through one of the bigger online shops and the lighter that came with it was crap. I tried several expensive torches that were also junk. When the time is right, I'll be buying another VM lighter.

OF

Thanks. Is subjective for sure, but I find the different angle more to my liking. I think it matches very well the angle of the Lugar pistol (considered by many to be the best ever 'instinctively'). The flame points very much like my index finger would. I think that's what makes good ergonomics (fit to the human), not being comfortable to hold, but natural to use.

I also think the angle of the igniter/valve is better. With the cheap one you press into your middle finger, you can press down without 'spoiling your aim'. The VM unit, OTOH, forces you to push straight down into your fist trying to move the lighter with it.

In the end it's a personal choice, but for less than three bucks each I think not trying it is a 'missed bet'? Throw/give it away if you don't like it. Otherwise continue to save using cheap gas.......

I can't say I've had a great deal of experience with lighters. My first VM was purchased through one of the bigger online shops and the lighter that came with it was crap. I tried several expensive torches that were also junk. When the time is right, I'll be buying another VM lighter.

Have you tried the cheap one? This might be 'the right time' to take a 3 dollar chance (whatever that is in pounds these days......).

As ever, your call, of course.

OF

VapourHaze

About £1.80! ^^^

So i can confirm that scratching the crucible clean with a knife works just fine. My bowl was completely black from use... took an old pairing knife to it. Just be gentle and take your time. Its come out with a nice patina .. in keeping with its scorched and used appearance.

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....

That's a wicked way way to become a basket case .
Seeing is believing
Visible vapour hits harder :ko:

VapourHaze

Since cleaning my bowl i swear im getting a difference in performance? Not necessarily better either? Tbf i have changed the flame size recently and it always takes a few bowls to re calibrate to new flame length.

Part of the joy of the vapman ... sometimes you get a couple of bowls dont quite go how you expect (but the effects are always great) Then sometimes you get that mega bowl ... for me thats a couple of quick terp hits than cache in one mega puff! Ah the joys of the vapman!

My only beef with the little guy is my £250 mighty sits in the drawer pretty much all the time. I must remember to get her out more often! 1st world problems!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
So guys? Apart from @VapourHaze and me, anyone else who mainly uses a vapman as a daily driver or even has only the vapman in the arsenal (like me for the moment…)?
Good question dude. I'm sure there are many around here and far beyond who show the Vapman and perhaps only the V'man love on a daily basis. And in times of drought he's always there to help conserve your stash or he can very well be used as a grounding tool to help to break the cycle of constantly pouring spoonful after spoonful into your Sublimator. . . ahem :brow:

But yes, I have definitely been driving the Vapman on a daily basis for quite some time now . . . and he's been the main, main man of late . . . but amoung others of course.

Variety is, as they say, the spice of life is it not?

However, contrary to my previous statement and due to recent exciting developments, over the past few days only one vape has been getting my undivided attention, and I'm afraid to say that it isn't the little Man. Sorry.

But I'm good, just as long as I know he's there, tucked up all safe & sound in his little protective egg :D

He is the egg man.
I am the walrus?

Peace y'all

Mr Mellish

So guys? Apart from @VapourHaze and me, anyone else who mainly uses a vapman as a daily driver or even has only the vapman in the arsenal (like me for the moment…)? :freak: :brow: :p

I rotate between a Crafty and Vapman. Depends on the stealth requirements of the moment. Vapman is faster but the sound and smell of the torch can be an issue for me. On the whole, Vapman probably gets a bit more use. If I'm looking at multiple loads, it's Vapman all the way.

HD Springer

The Vapman is a very powerful vaporizer. However as strong as it is it's as equally fragile. IMO. I absolutely love a hit off the vapman. I just need a portable vaporizer that can handle a small amount of wear and tear. I don't think the vapman shines in this aspect. If I get another (which I might) it will be an at home cherished piece. Not a DD.

Philreal187

The vapman probably gets the most play time among all my vapes at the moment. I think its a perfect vape for a solo session whether at home or out and about. Its quick heat up, quality vapor and fun to use.

Heres a few pics of my vapman in Vermont with my girlfriend on our vacation last week. We used it on hikes thru the mountains.

Mr Mellish

The Vapman is a very powerful vaporizer. However as strong as it is it's as equally fragile. IMO. I absolutely love a hit off the vapman. I just need a portable vaporizer that can handle a small amount of wear and tear. I don't think the vapman shines in this aspect. If I get another (which I might) it will be an at home cherished piece. Not a DD.

Interesting. I've never thought of the Vapman as particularly fragile. I'm sure @vapman would be horrified at the way I treat his creation but she just keeps delivering.

Top Bottom