Vapman

UnshavenFish

Just going off what @MeesterWood said about combustion, do many of you think it's rather easy to combust?

I can go at it pretty hard with the torch from time to time, especially when I'm trying to kill a bowl in a few hits to save time, but have yet to combust.

I'm not saying that MeesterWood is wrong, I just want to get others opinions on the topic.

Challenge accepted :science: :lol:

Been a bit quiet here so thought I would do a little experiment after your post, I have never combusted in my Vapman (until now) even when used by a handful of friends (all clumsy trademen) while working on a house, nothing but vapour.

So I thought I would check to see what it takes (I think I have come close in the past but not quite) I will start by saying my Vapman lighter has a flame length of 12mm from the outer edge of the lighter to the tip of the inner (bright) blue flame (so 17mm from nozzle)

I started with 8 second torches, first hit nice, another 8 sec torch, still good, one more 8 sec torch and start of combustion, when opened I could see the whole load didn't combust just a few little bits but could taste it straight away.

So basically don't do this :disgust:

Now my normal technique is this:

Same torch size as above, heat for 10 seconds take two draws, heat for 5 secs two more draws, then carry on with 5 sec torches followed by two draws till done, this way I have never combusted and get good results each time, I also cover two of the middle section holes and cover and uncover the third while I draw.

So while combustion is possible, it's all down to flame size and heat up times, once you find your personal sweet spot you should be fine.

I think everyone will have a slightly different technique and if no combustion happens it's a good one, best thing to do is follow the official Vapman instructions first then make changes depending on what your looking to get from it.

http://vapman.com/en/operating_instructions

stroonz

Abiding Dude
At the points where the air nozzles meet the bottom of the bowl are what appears to be some type of black o-ring. Is that what they are? On my Vapman, they have started to warp out and become flat, and also have lifted away from contact with the bowl. Maybe this is a consequence of inaccuracy in application of the torch. I'm assuming this is to be expected and therefore nothing to worry about. If that is so, then why are they part of the construction?

6ibqhbj.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

herbivore21

At the points where the air nozzles meet the bottom of the bowl are what appears to be some type of black o-ring. Is that what they are? On my Vapman, they have started to warp out and become flat, and also have lifted away from its contact with the bowl. Maybe this is from not being accurate with applying the torch. I'm assuming this is to be expected and therefore nothing to worry about. If that is so, then why are they part of the construction?

6ibqhbj.jpg
[/IMG]
I have noticed black rings as you describe, but these are clearly resin stains around where the inlet tube meets the bottom of the crucible. They melt off with heat I find. It appears that the inlet tubes go straight through a hole in the crucible, with no o-ring. I can't imagine an o-ring that could handle that kind of heat so this is for the best.

Have you ever cleaned the inlet tubes before? They can get pretty gunked up, especially with resinous bud or concentrates.

herbivore21

I haven't cleaned 'em. But I did buy my first Vapman only a few months ago. Are people cleaning the inlets? Seems like an impossible job.
Use a steel guitar string, anything from the classic crowd-pleasing g-string all the way to a high e string will work nicely inside the inlet tubes :D

I only use heat to clean the bottom of the crucible though, including around the inlets. Don't scrape at this much/at all if possible! I've had my vapman less time than you and it definitely gets resin build up around here regularly (but I use concentrates so more gunk lol).

dadafg

Happiness comes from compassion
So yeah, my Vapman lighter stopped working after 6 months of constant use, the ignition spark fails to ignite, so the only way for me to vaporize is to use a big lighter to light the Vapman lighter. Still this is the best performing jet lighter i've ever had.

OF

So yeah, my Vapman lighter stopped working after 6 months of constant use, the ignition spark fails to ignite, so the only way for me to vaporize is to use a big lighter to light the Vapman lighter.

You might try carefully cleaning around the nozzle area. Soot tends to build up there and weakens the spark. A bit of cotton on the end of a toothpick, like a tiny Q-tip, dipped in ISO usually works or me.

You might also consider lighting a small candle for ignition, it reduces the number of things you need to handle to match the number of hands you have for the task.......

OF

OF

Does anyone know when stations will be available again?

No word yet, and IMO not for a while. As I understand the broken one just got back to the shop. Then the failure mode has to be determined to a specific point (no easy task sometimes). Then a solution needs to be designed, built and tested (again not at all easy, remember this design passed a lot of testing......). Then that new design probably needs to be incorporated in upgraded hardware (assuming it's not a programing problem) which then must be manufactured, inspected and tested before new units can be built.

It can, in fact, take even longer to fix such issues than it took to make the product in the first place. I wouldn't hold my breath. We want this right, and I think that's exactly what we'll get.......when it's time.

Waiting sucketh don't it?

@OF tried wiping the nozzle, now it works more than half of the time! thanks a lot, i'll probably still get a second one, just to be sure...

You've welcome, glad it got you going again. Now, for the really spooky part. Since the ceramic is porous it's very hard to get completely clean (too bad you can't pull it out and 'flame' it clean, that works great with carbon). Likewise ISO doesn't really dissolve carbon.

So we have to scrub what we can get. Next step is equally careful use of fine steel wool instead of cotton. I use 'extra fine' (0000), but '3 ought' will also work. Just a bit on the toothpick, again with some ISO can often save the day. Be extra careful not to leave an odd strand of the steel wire behind, that'll goof the spark up big time.

Also be careful not to move the electrode (of course), but if you do you can usually push it back.

A guy should have a backup torch I think, I recommend a couple of these. Very cheap and effective:
http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.VX2pccnSO9I

Regards,

OF

HD Springer

I'm sure I'll combust again but I'm gonna try and change my technique.
Although I did try my reclaim and damn. DAMN. This little vape is a GIANT killer. Wow. The vapman has a great flavor.
I have a brand new style vape on order and it has to be great to out seat this beaut.

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Hello cf'ers! :D
Vapman owner for a month now, yesterday we had a small vapman meeting with a friend, and soon another one will join us!
NgtMMc8.jpg

uypX4R3.jpg

This little thing is truly awesome!
Vape on! :rockon::rockon:
Hey Niap,

You didn't show the tattoed side of that two-toned in the middle.

You're not ahsamed of your tattoos are you? hahaha just kidding. ;):lol:

Petro

About a month into Vapman ownership now and getting a good handle on it :). I have an Underdog and I originally bought the Vapman to use while it warmed up but I find myself reaching for the Vapman even when the UD is ready to go.

UD is still phenomenal (and highly recommended) but the Vapman is just really fun to use.

See combusting mentioned a bit here but it's really no big deal. I've combusted a handful of times when I was pushing the temp limits but I find it's better to be aggressive with the torch anyway when you're learning. Combusted this morning when my torch wouldn't extinguish :shrug:.

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Haha, thanks for sharing your "dirty laundry" with us!

Maybe you can post an "after" pic when you're done erasing it?

I really like that background mosaic too. Is that a table?

O.k, so I've been been rather more busy than usual just lately what with one thing and another - hence my vape cleaning ritual has taken a bit of a back seat . . .

However I finally got around to giving the little man just a tiny bit of well deserved TLC today.

It was only a quick job and it's by no means perfect, but I think the results are clear . . .

Before:

And after:

There you are Vapman! :tup:

Now time for some clean & tasty reward worthy rips :D

May all your bowls be shiny and full!

PeaceNLove
:peace:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@VegNVape - what did you use to clean it? And good job! It was looking pretty dark in the centre
Thanks Killick. Yeah it was in a pretty poor state.

It was good ol' Magic Eraser that did all the hard graft. I then followed it with an ISO wipe to remove any residue and then finally a quick blast with the torch just to be sure, to be sure :D

There are still a few very minor blemishes but overall he's looking pretty dapper now, so I'm more than happy :)

Plus, when you're all nice and clean it's so much more fun getting deep down 'n' dirrrty :ko:

:peace:

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
def wana pick one of these up, especially the laser engraved ones 0_0 i love my lotus vape, but the top cap kinda just cracked two times across the top causing a leak :(

is the vapman worth throwing on a water piece? or is it just easier to use by mouth?

TNT_error

I would say both ways are equal since dry hits from the vapman are really smooth. There is a tiny bit more convenience using a WT since it makes it a 1 handed operation, and It makes aiming the torch easier for those who have trouble with that aspect.

You can't go wrong either way imo. Join the VM crew man!

Last edited:
Top Bottom