Vapman

Mr Mellish

Even for free? And if nobody ever finds out?

Never smelt one personally, nor wanted to, but who am I to be judgmental?

OF

Not for free.
Not in a box.
Not with a fox.
Not in a house.
Not with a mouse...

You get the idea.

But, like you, I respect the rights of others (who are so inclined) to take a big ol' whiff of @NorVape's digel. Assuming that @NorVape is also game, of course.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Did I mention I love this thread?

I'm in a hotelroom now. Forgot my hydratube, so I'm hitting rosin hash dry. Actually, it's the first time I've hit the Vaoman dry in months! I've forgotten how nice it is. Still prefer water in the long run, but how can the vapor be so smooth, with such a short airpath to cool it down? Fantastic!

gkaraman

What do you think is the ideal water tool for vapman ?

Is it makes a different effect the use of bubblers,bongs,water pipes or just better for throat?

Because I don't know much about them please explain what extra parts do we need for each tool. (14mm adapter or etc)

I think I had red @Ed's TnT planning to release some adapters,tools and a long stem. Where can i find them ?

Cheers !!

Last edited:

Mr Mellish

I have to watch how this plays out in this thread. Having never used a water tool, I'm even more ignorant than usual. Having said that, of all my current devices, the VM (to me) is the LEAST likely device to require water augmentation. What is it that I'm missing?

gkaraman

With flowers ok it is rare to irritate your throat.
But with hash (I use some kind of morrocen kief) it is very hot sometimes for the throat and makes me cough if i want to inhale all the vapor, especially the middle and last hits.

herbivore21

I have to watch how this plays out in this thread. Having never used a water tool, I'm even more ignorant than usual. Having said that, of all my current devices, the VM (to me) is the LEAST likely device to require water augmentation. What is it that I'm missing?
Vapor is super dry; this and your airways/mouth/throat do not agree with one another!

There is a constant trade off with vaping between short airpaths (with minimal surface area upon which actives can recondense as it passes through, but the resultant vapor is definitely hotter, drier and harsher - the vapman for example has one of the shortest vapor paths I know of!) and long airpaths (more surface area, more condensation of actives, less harsh) and water paths (much less dryness/harshness of vapor, much smoother and allows for much bigger hits, however obviously will facilitate more condensation still than a long vapor path).

I find that for super clean concentrates (I don't really have much time for flowers these days lol), a water pipe with a short vapor path is best for the balancing act between smoothness of hits and minimizing condensation of actives before they get into your airways.

However, for flowers/less clean concentrates/hashes, there is a lot more in terms of particulates in the aerosol you are inhaling. This necessarily changes the game and necessitates bigger pieces with more diffusion. I still find my Luke Wilson 15 arm tree ideal for large hits off bud and non-full melt hashes.

Obviously, this is much more generally applicable and not purely limited to the vapman, but I hope this helps to outline the basics of considerations in choosing your airpath/water path. :)

Nice scuff (kief) @natural farmer the vapegg makes a great mini sifter, fill the top put in put in a ball bearing and screen between, into the freezer for two hrs then shake :cool:

"Don't eat the box to taste the pizza"
C07FOSV.jpg

Bro, that is some great DIY tech and great to see you embracing the concentrate philosophy of less filler, more killer!

Out of interest, what kind of screen do you use for this? Is the resultant sift melty at all?

Last edited:

Nugg

So after reading @vapman's post we still don't have a clear answer.... Maybe we call it a 'crucibowl'? Lol

I like a medium size water tool with out much diffusion for my vapman. Something like the D-022. I typically find the D-020 too small for any of my vapes. It doesn't give enough room to build up a dense vapor but I do like big hits. If you just want to water condition the vapor and aren't worried about building up a big hit it would be perfect.

vapman

Manufacturer
Sorry for coming back to the previous topic, I just remembered that there are general terms which go with any kind of vaporizer, regardless the shape and form. They are:herb chamber, heat chamber or heating chamber. Is that correct?

@vapmanjoe I can tell you soon when we have more stations, got to do some inquiries before.

vapman

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....
No bad choice :disgust:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HeroinWorld-en.svg
Hi all herbivore tis a silk bag I had, fine weave the melt depends how much you shake,freeze,ball bearing or not I'd say bout 66% suits me
3iluXkD.jpg

@bounce5 and natural farmer that's a light bulb I sanded the ends of off :( It works like big bongs use to but no water, fill - pause view - inhale :uhh:
For similar reasons stated above by herbivore it's a fantastic draw,however I've also just spent a week on a standard Pom mp and think it hits hardest as said above no/little condensation strait to the point .

Wevapeople

OF

Sorry for coming back to the previous topic, I just remembered that there are general terms which go with any kind of vaporizer, regardless the shape and form. They are:herb chamber, heat chamber or heating chamber. Is that correct?

I'm not so sure I agree with that. For sure concentrate rigs don't fit that model (vape pens, nails, and so on). Some makers use different terms like crucible in HA, trenches in MFLB, stems in any number of vapes and so on? While you could call some of that 'herb chamber' the maker doesn't define it as such.

Put the other way, I don't think I've ever heard anything but "stems" in Solo/Air and "trenches" with MFLB to describe the function.......not that you can't be the first......

"Bowl" seems fairly universal, even if the term was stolen from tobacco pipes, at least guys understand the general concept across vape product lines?

OF

OF

@OF I was thinking of you thinking of a battery for your station ?
I've never had an electric vape or Ecig but do you think any of the sudo vape pens With coils/elements could be modified to contact the vm "bowl"

Fun idea, but you need a LOT more power for the VS. Like ten times. So I think the most you could hope for is 'warming it up a bit' with such modest heat.

OTOH, 50 Watts is within soldering iron range so home made versions of the VS are possible I think.

I'm thinking a 12 Volt Li-ion pack would need to supply 4 Amps for the heating cycle. About what Cera uses getting 15 or so watts from a single 18650. The voltage is an issue, the HS is not going to like the voltage dropping so we'll need an 'up converter' to boost and regulate the voltage or some similar scheme. Fortunately, this is the sort of thing commonly done for laptops. I tried making one from a laptop 'car charger' I have from another project. While it gives a very solid 19.9 Volts and is rated at 60 Watts the start up surge of the HS is high enough to trip the protection in the supply, shutting it down for several seconds only to fail in the next attempt.

However, I've ordered what I think is a cheaper and 'less picky' alternative (rated over 100 Watts) which I suspect will solve this. Fun project. Time will tell.

OF

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....
Fun idea, but you need a LOT more power for the VS. Like ten times. So I think the most you could hope for is 'warming it up a bit' with such modest heat.

OTOH, 50 Watts is within soldering iron range so home made versions of the VS are possible I think.

I'm thinking a 12 Volt Li-ion pack would need to supply 4 Amps for the heating cycle. About what Cera uses getting 15 or so watts from a single 18650. The voltage is an issue, the HS is not going to like the voltage dropping so we'll need an 'up converter' to boost and regulate the voltage or some similar scheme. Fortunately, this is the sort of thing commonly done for laptops. I tried making one from a laptop 'car charger' I have from another project. While it gives a very solid 19.9 Volts and is rated at 60 Watts the start up surge of the HS is high enough to trip the protection in the supply, shutting it down for several seconds only to fail in the next attempt.

However, I've ordered what I think is a cheaper and 'less picky' alternative (rated over 100 Watts) which I suspect will solve this. Fun project. Time will tell.

OF
So your onto it already sweet, I don't really get the volts ñ watts to heat equations but thanks and good luck .
Perhaps instead of a can a walking cane full off battery's with the egg on top :hmm:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@gkaraman good morning, I have made a longer draw stem and that can be found at my shopping cart, sorry am on my cell, can't really post a link, you can go to my site and then go to cart, I am redesigning the middle section and also reworking a wong attachment soon. Hang in there with me and thanks for your interest in my work!

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I use water because I usually vape Morrocan hash or rosin, and they both require a lot more heat than herb.

Also, the dryness of vapor is the only thing really bothering me about vaping.

But the Vapman is one of the smoothest dryvapes I've tried. Only the FireFly is smoother.

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....
Please excuse my previous wiki link,
I was only intending to share the picture,
In reference to the 'golden triangle' in relation to the bowl
Buddhism and the stupa shape !
I in no way shape or form advocate heroin or any other drug .
Thanks for de comprehending that .:luv:

friedrich

Little-Known Member
There is a constant trade off with vaping between short airpaths (with minimal surface area upon which actives can recondense as it passes through, but the resultant vapor is definitely hotter, drier and harsher - the vapman for example has one of the shortest vapor paths I know of!) and long airpaths (more surface area, more condensation of actives, less harsh) and water paths (much less dryness/harshness of vapor, much smoother and allows for much bigger hits, however obviously will facilitate more condensation still than a long vapor path).

Yet vapman is much easier on my throat than (for example) a nano stem! Is it due to materials, or the diameter of the airpath, or what?

Hitting the nano (and PD) dry gave me a sore throat more than once (sometimes pretty bad, lasting for several days), so I got a bong for it; and although I have had good results using vapman with water a few times, I just see no need... but then, I have only bud.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
@friedrich I believe the Vapman is so smooth on the throat due to the design of the middle section where it mixes fresh air with the vapor above the herb chamber.

I agree. Try it yourself, temporarily tape the holes shut. I think many (perhaps most?) try blocking them, almost all of us come to understand the holes are not there by accident.......

OF
Oh yeah.... :doh: forgot about those holes. And I just used the thing.

That makes me want to try a log stem of a similar design... but since getting the station, I have used only vapman, at home and abroad!

Maybe this question will be more difficult: what makes vapman so strangely satisfying??

Reading another thread about vapor clouds, this "sip on log stems all day long" remark resonated:
As somebody that's currently in the camp of those that prefer "lung-busters of super thick vapor", I can certainly appreciate this thread. Placebo maybe but I doubt it, it's all that works for me. I can sip on log stems all day long and not get the level of effects I get from just a couple sublimator or infinity hits.
but I don't think it's about thick clouds, because I can get those easily with the nano and still find myself loading bowl after bowl... whereas with vapman, I'm often good for quite a while after just one. :hmm:

bounce5

No bad choice :disgust:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HeroinWorld-en.svg
Hi all herbivore tis a silk bag I had, fine weave the melt depends how much you shake,freeze,ball bearing or not I'd say bout 66% suits me
3iluXkD.jpg

@bounce5 and natural farmer that's a light bulb I sanded the ends of off :( It works like big bongs use to but no water, fill - pause view - inhale :uhh:
For similar reasons stated above by herbivore it's a fantastic draw,however I've also just spent a week on a standard Pom mp and think it hits hardest as said above no/little condensation strait to the point .

Wevapeople
@simpleasthcis Interesting, I may try to make one...I didn't know you could sand a lightbulb like that. Is that a cork on the top part? Did you use silicone to create a seal at the bottom? Thanks again for sharing pics of your creative stem mods with us!

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@friedrich I love the effects of the Vapman and it is amazingly satisfying but in all honesty for me my UDs with the nylon stem and ss bowl gets me to the same place with the same amount of bud.

Using the glass or silicone UD stems that hold more bud don't seem to have the same 'Lift' as the nylon/ss bowl or the Vapman in the long run for some reason.

OF

Maybe this question will be more difficult: what makes vapman so strangely satisfying??

but I don't think it's about thick clouds, because I can get those easily with the nano and still find myself loading bowl after bowl... whereas with vapman, I'm often good for quite a while after just one. :hmm:

Good question.

From a MMJ standpoint it's the THC (and other fractions) level in the blood that seem to matter, how they got there isn't important. I therefore conclude the effect is at least partially (IMO mostly) psychological, perhaps hold over from blazing?

For me, I think, it has to do with being involved in the process. Loading 'gets me in the mood', I'm intimately involved with the lighter and timing/control (waving fire in front of me seems to also capture my attention.....) and of course the hit. Each hit is a bit different, subject to the natural consumption (first being lighter/more tasty and so on) and the exact heating for the next cycle. The nature of the vapor therefore changes (or can under my control) which is not always possible. This too adds to the man/machine bonding. You change gears and modify the throttle rather than letting cruse control take over?

This also lets me control which fractions I'm getting. I can 'milk' them all out, or pull the ABV early.

And of course it's just a nifty design with faultless execution. A neat thing to just look at.......and that doesn't adversely effect the enjoyment, at least for me.

I've a feeling I'm not alone in a lot of that. Consider how many of us own more than one?

OF

friedrich

Little-Known Member
I therefore conclude the effect is at least partially (IMO mostly) psychological, perhaps hold over from blazing?

For me, I think, it has to do with being involved in the process. Loading 'gets me in the mood', I'm intimately involved with the lighter and timing/control (waving fire in front of me seems to also capture my attention.....) and of course the hit. Each hit is a bit different, subject to the natural consumption (first being lighter/more tasty and so on) and the exact heating for the next cycle. The nature of the vapor therefore changes (or can under my control) which is not always possible. This too adds to the man/machine bonding. You change gears and modify the throttle rather than letting cruse control take over?

This also lets me control which fractions I'm getting. I can 'milk' them all out, or pull the ABV early.

And of course it's just a nifty design with faultless execution. A neat thing to just look at.......and that doesn't adversely effect the enjoyment, at least for me.

I've a feeling I'm not alone in a lot of that. Consider how many of us own more than one?

I was never all that into smoking, but otherwise I agree with all of this; it certainly could be psychological.

However...
From a MMJ standpoint it's the THC (and other fractions) level in the blood that seem to matter, how they got there isn't important.

This brings me back to the "crucible" debate... I wanted to dispute your claim that no chemical reactions are taking place: we know decarboxylation occurs in there. Could the delay between heating and drawing allow for a more complete decarb? Or perhaps there are other reactions we have yet to discover!

OF

This brings me back to the "crucible" debate... I wanted to dispute your claim that no chemical reactions are taking place: we know decarboxylation occurs in there. Could the delay between heating and drawing allow for a more complete decarb? Or perhaps there are other reactions we have yet to discover!

I guess I don't really consider that a reaction, although technically it is. IMO it's simply a minor shift from one fraction to another and is pretty constant no matter which vape you're using. Or for that matter in eatables as well?

Nothing at all like the major reactions going on in typical crucibles. We don't put weed in to convert as you would there, but evaporate parts off. In that way vapes are more like stills, really. More at home in an oil refinery or Scotch maker than a steel mill or smelter.

Good point.

OF

Top Bottom