Vapman

usw

don't obsess with cleaning. :) the required level of maintenance is very low, some even never clean. in most cases o soft cloth is sufficient.

Don't worry I won't ;) it's just that I wanted to know whether white vinegar was a good candidate or not since its a bit on the acidic side (I do use it to clean my wooden floor without noticeable adverse effects though)...

axakal

i have to slightly disagree. while it's the best for carrying around in the egg/sputnik, other stems can have different benefits. i had an unvoluntarly t-break, because, in combination with a nasty cough, vaping irritated my throat and caused unpleasant coughing attacs. trying a longer stem definitely helped as it cooled the vapor. and should we talk esthetics, i like to pair the vapman with the various mflb stems. i just like the looks better. but this is strictly subjective, of course. :)

Water tools & long stems are fun, but the original mouthpiece, even POM, is most practically suited to Vapman.

Last edited:

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
I used to have literally hundreds of these taken from MRE's in Iraq. Long gone now..... Oh well

Also, the Vapman is the lowest maintenance vaporizer I own.

Seren

Away with the fairies
.... I wanted to know whether white vinegar was a good candidate or not since its a bit on the acidic side ...

Acetone is best for cleaning @usw - it's what René recommends.

You may wish to check out the maintenance section for more detailed instructions:

http://www.vapman.com/en/operating_instructions/

As others have said, the Vapman requires very little attention when it comes to cleaning. A quick wipe of the bowl after each load, and the occasional clean out the middle section and stems, is generally all that is required to keep the VM looking and tasting good.

:peace:

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I have been thinking of getting a wong for the vapman but wasn't sure how well it will be for water. I was curious on how others like the vapman paired with water?

Also any feed back on the long stems would help me on this decision..

Thanks guys
I'm Loving mine with a jhook and/or a smaller bubbler. So sexy...
zCp7ywA.jpg

tx5dPFW.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Really dig that second piece of wood you have it sitting on, I like the difference in tones and textures a lot.

Tonight, I got high. And bought a Vapman. Not something I need, but, it looks so slick and I'm a sucker for the wood. I also don't have any conduction vapes really, so I figured it would have it's rightful spot. Idk, I have a lot of fun actually using my vapes, so the fact that I have to finagle and work with it to find the sweet spot also appealed. Plus, it's very portable.

I very much regret not just getting a Lotus stem when I got my Lotus, as the WPA is not really portable at all, less I want to lug around breakable glass! On the upside, now I'm getting a Vapman too lol.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Really dig that second piece of wood you have it sitting on, I like the difference in tones and textures a lot.
Thanks, it's Praduak very rare species. It's quarter sawn so it has a ribboning effect every inch or so apart.

I very much regret not just getting a Lotus stem when I got my Lotus, as the WPA is not really portable at all, less I want to lug around breakable glass! On the upside, now I'm getting a Vapman too lol.
It sounds to me like you did your homework your definetly going to enjoy the Vapman, welcome to the Army!

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Ok, I got good news from René (The vapman):

First, the stations shipped today!

nwa8h0.jpg

Woohoo! He's been working non-stop to get these out on time.

Second -- 2 new egg cases are in production and will be available in 3 months: Black and Frosted Clear. We'll get pictures of them tomorrow.

The Stealth Black looks really cool and the clear is awesome as well. You can see the vapman inside the clear egg. Looks really interesting. Like those old clear Swatch watches -- do they still sell those?

Third, I now have the parts and tools to fix and replace air tube and crucibles. PM me if you need help with loose tubes or if you want to replace your crucible for some reason.

Check out the air tube. Notice the details on this tiny thing: see the steps/different widths in the tube... It even has varying inner diameter to make the flanging at the bowl connection possible. The holes in the bowl have a step in the inner diameter as well.

This stuff is very detailed. I'm very impressed.

Most people never get a chance to see these details...
10z8sx2.jpg

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Wohoo!

Regarding that, a sort of DIY fixing kit would be cool. Crucibles are coming lose left and right over here, and it seems we have found the first structural weakness of the Vapman. This is only an issue for those who are heavy hash users, so I'll say it again; If you use the Vapman with sticky non melt hash like the import stuff, don't overload, and when the screens eventually do get stuck use tweezers and pull them slowly and firmly straight upwards to ensure not putting to much pressure on the crucibles and the tubes.

My Vapman is really beat up now, but it still works as good as new. Which is amazing!

natural farmer

Wohoo!

Regarding that, a sort of DIY fixing kit would be cool. Crucibles are coming lose left and right over here, and it seems we have found the first structural weakness of the Vapman. This is only an issue for those who are heavy hash users, so I'll say it again; If you use the Vapman with sticky non melt hash like the import stuff, don't overload, and when the screens eventually do get stuck use tweezers and pull them slowly and firmly straight upwards to ensure not putting to much pressure on the crucibles and the tubes.

My Vapman is really beat up now, but it still works as good as new. Which is amazing!
I give a little tightening to the screws that hold the crucible on my basic vapman… Two times a week maybe… Very gently… And the spring thingies that lock the middle section in place also need a little bending every week or so. The middle section needs a cleaning every month maybe. That's all the maintenance the vapman needs so far for me. Very little… And I rarely use hash. :tup:

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Regarding that, a sort of DIY fixing kit would be cool.
To attach or fix a loose air tube, you need a special flanging tool that René made himself.

You hit the tool lightly with a small hammer and this makes the end flange out and grab onto the crucible.

It's a pretty delicate operation and the tubes are tiny. I tried to come up with a home-made way and gave up.

Someone smarter than me can try something else.

Last edited:

herbivore21

Wohoo!

Hey brother, I would recommend removing hashed up screens after you have heated the crucible and perhaps even inhaled to spread the heat around. This reheating should encourage the screens to just fall out :)

I have now received word that my vapman station is on the way! Very excited! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom