Vapman

OF

Lol, I ordered 2 of these, and they both came in broken, not able to fill with gas. Just my luck I guess.

Doubtful. My guess is the wrong size spout on your gas. Those sorts of valves leak sometimes, but I've never seen one that wouldn't let gas in once opened. I'd mess with the nozzles on the can before dumping them. Look for the ones that will open the valve without the can being on them. Anything is possible, but twice in a row?

Good luck.

OF

OF,

Maczilla

One of them had a big crack, the problem is they dont case these things, put them in some envelope. The valves didnt open. Bargain made in china product and uncased, bad combo. I got a vapman lighter, and havent looked back. Sometimes spending a few more bucks is worth it.

Maczilla,
Reactions: OF

Seren

Away with the fairies
Well, friday night i got to use the Vapman, and my first reaction was "Wow, the flavor is amazing!" and just handling and using the device is pretty cool. A piece of art and engineering.

I couldn't agree more, I recently bought a Vapman Pure and I absolutely love it! I was also surprised by how great the herb tasted in this tiny vape. I get roughly the same flavour as my Solo, but with a hint of woodiness :)

The size of the pan is very, very tiny: this is great if you are vaporizing on the go by yourself ..... the amazing efficiency it delivers.

It is incredibly efficient, it really helps the herb go a long way.

.... the egg-shaped cover feels very cheap, specially because of the resulting contrast of plastic protecting mica, gold, steel and wood. It's a psychological thing, but kinda turned me off.

Now here's where I disagree with you - I personally love the egg casing too! What better way to cocoon my precious Vapman and keep him out of harms way!? ;) I really don't find that it feels cheap to the touch at all, quite the opposite in fact, as far as plastic goes anyhow - but of course that's just my take on it. I also love that you can buy different colour eggs and other accessories - I have both the box wood and ebony mouthpieces, both of which compliment the whole look of the vaporiser wonderfully and enhance the flavour too.

Bottom line: The strong dependency on Jet Lighters, the diminute size of the pan, the fact that it is not designed for sharing with friends and the bulkyness of the package in your pocket made me decide to return it. I'm now considering getting a MFLB with the power adapter...

Oh, that's such a shame, but each to their own as they say. After all, we all have different requirements from our vaporizers and one size most definitely does not fit all. In terms of jet lighter v the small rechargeable batteries used in vapes such as MFLB's, I'd personally prefer a lighter any day - but that's because I camp a lot and can ensure I always have access to a can of gas and spare lighter if needed. The same can't be said for an electric hook-up, as I often wild camp. I also like that you can get through many bowls with a full jet lighter, so no need for regular battery changes, or to take lots of batteries to see me through a weekend away. Because of my requirements, Vapman is perfect for my trips and as an alternative vape at hope. :2c: :) :peace:

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Now here's where I disagree with you - I personally love the egg casing too! What better way to cocoon my precious Vapman and keep him out of harms way!? ;) I really don't find that it feels cheap to the touch at all, quite the opposite in fact, as far as plastic goes anyhow - but of course that's just my take on it. I also love that you can buy different colour eggs and other accessories - I have both the box wood and ebony mouthpieces, both of which compliment the whole look of the vaporiser wonderfully and enhance the flavour too.
Every time I hold the egg, I have the same thought: "Damn, this must've cost a fortune to have this high-quality plastic custom molded just for the vapman". I find the quality of the egg to be exceptional in fact. I love the way it snaps together perfectly with all the vertical lines matched up.... It trips me out tbh.:uhh:

:peace:

Tweek

Every time I hold the egg, I have the same thought: "Damn, this must've cost a fortune to have this high-quality plastic custom molded just for the vapman". I find the quality of the egg to be exceptional in fact. I love the way it snaps together perfectly with all the vertical lines matched up.... It trips me out tbh.:uhh:

Do you sometimes find yourself just sitting there...caressing the egg?

OF

I too find the precision of the egg, complete with the dimple to store the loading ring, to be 'really Swiss like' and fit the rest of Vapman to the proverbial T.

All in all a fun little rascal. Recommended to those who like to play with gear.....and get loaded and trip on stuff....

OF

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
Hey FC folks, one question: I found the MFLB frustrating and it took far to much time to get sufficiently elevated, am I going to experience something similar with the Vapman?
Should I just get a sublimator ufo kit instead? :drool:

Oscar_Milde,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey FC folks, one question: I found the MFLB frustrating and it took far to much time to get sufficiently elevated, am I going to experience something similar with the Vapman?
Should I just get a sublimator ufo kit instead? :drool:
That's like asking if you should get a new skateboard or a bulldozer.

To answer your first question, yes. If the LB and Vapman are best used when you're not in a terrible hurry. There are, however many vaporizers that fall between the LB and Sublimator vis á vis hit density (like virtually ALL of them). You might want to find something in between before getting "the big boy".

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
Well, for me that is what the choice boils down to, well aware that there are many other portables that exist in the middle ground between the two I listed, but have narrowed it down. I want to use this as an indoor portable generally, but also would like to be able to use it without electricity outdoors when needs be, will always be used with water.

I am undeniably a cloud chaser, and found the MFLB frustrating and have since given it away. If the Vapman falls into a similar category, I'll give it a miss. I prefer the bulldozer approach in general I suppose.

The Sublimator UFO kit is only just over a hundred dollars more, and from the videos I've seen free of the negatives I am trying to avoid. I'm tending towards that unless someone has had exceptionally good results mating Vapman with their bong..

Oscar_Milde,
Reactions: Seren

Seren

Away with the fairies
I found the MFLB frustrating and it took far to much time to get sufficiently elevated, am I going to experience something similar with the Vapman?.......
I'm tending towards that (Sublimator) unless someone has had exceptionally good results mating Vapman with their bong..

I haven't tried mating my Vapman with a bong, so I can't offer any insight there I'm afraid.

Back in this thread somewhere an FC member mentioned that the Vapman is a particularly good vape for keeping you on the level, given its small bowl size - and I couldn't agree more. One load of the Vapman doesn't give me quite the same hit as one load of my Solo - but then again, the Solo takes a lot more herb to fill. I can get just as baked with the Vapman, but it generally takes a couple of fills to get me there. So, what I tend to do is have one load on the Solo, then use the Vapman for any further hits - this method is extremely efficient with my herb. Despite being small, the Vapman does produce clouds - but the vapour is not as dense as that from a more heavy hitting plug-in vaporizer.

All-in-all I love my Vapman - it's a beautifully handcrafted piece of kit - which is worth every penny in my book. Hope you find what you're looking for soon! :) :peace:

Last edited:

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
Thanks Seren,
I think that decides me, the whole requiring multiple small hits is pretty much what put me off my LB.
Basically confirmed what I was concerned about, I don't want it to seem like a poor alternative to my plug in options. From the videos I've seen on youtube, it seems as if the UFO will stand up to most...

Oscar_Milde,

Seren

Away with the fairies
@Oscar_Milde - Really pleased to hear that you feel you can now make an informed choice. As we all know there is no overall "best" vaporizer, choice is highly dependant on personal needs and preferences. If you want a well-made portable vaporizer that is likely to last you a long time, has a clean air path, is efficient and looks really neat - then the Vapman ticks all of these boxes. If however you're looking for a vaporizer with a large bowl, that produces huge highly dense clouds then yes, IMO you probably are best off looking elsewhere. Happy Vaping!

:) :peace:

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
Yeah, definitely boils down to individual needs. I want the best of both worlds in this case I think.:clap:

Oscar_Milde,

vapatizon

I want to use this as an indoor portable generally, but also would like to be able to use it without electricity outdoors when needs be, will always be used with water.

I am undeniably a cloud chaser, and found the MFLB frustrating and have since given it away. If the Vapman falls into a similar category, I'll give it a miss. I prefer the bulldozer approach in general I suppose.

The Lotus is like a Vapman with a faster heating cycle, and it produces clouds for sure.

vapatizon,

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
Lotus looks interesting, am back to square one with my decision now though lol.

I realised that as summer has started here, I need a portable vap that doesn't require electricity asap as I spend quite a lot of time outdoors.

The UFO kit I had originally settled on has 2 major downfalls, the first is that my local vape supplier doesn't stock it, so shipping will take a week or two, as will sitting in customs and import depts of our particularly relaxed government. The second is something I stumbled across whilst forum-crawling, it seems that the ufo requires prolonged heating to deliver a decent hit, one user even said it was better suited to a bed of coals than torch lighter..

I think I'm going to pick up a Vapman in the next week, local supplier is getting LSV's in so will make a combo purchase. If I can get it to produce decent clouds through water, I'll post a video here ;)

Oscar_Milde,

Lak666

A vapman will give you clouds if you learn how to play with the little air intake holes in the mouthpiece. It can even get you coughing real bad. It's one of the coolest things about these little vapes: they have a personality, you have to get to know them.

OF

It looks very sketchy, and more of a pain then anything, id try the mflb

Looks often are not a good guide. Many of us have actually used it and think it's a good product that delivers.

MFLB, while also a fine vape,

is electric, therefore not appropriate per the OP's requirements. Against those stated requirements I think the various VG models merit consideration.

I realised that as summer has started here, I need a portable vap that doesn't require electricity asap as I spend quite a lot of time outdoors.

OF

OF,

Seren

Away with the fairies
.. am back to square one with my decision now though lol..... I think I'm going to pick up a Vapman in the next week, local supplier is getting LSV's in so will make a combo purchase. If I can get it to produce decent clouds through water, I'll post a video here ;)

lol.... you've come full circle!? :D .... I really don't think you'll be disappointed, it's a great little vaporizer. A vid would be awesome :)

Seren,

Lak666

Well, guess who kept the vapman after all? Verdampftnochmal has a very strong policy about hygiene and used vaporizers and they will not take mine back, which I completely understand, respect and support: I don't know what I was thinking about when considered returning it, but I now have a vapman mica and couldn't be happier about it (:

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
So I bought one, really understand where the Swiss watch comparisons were coming from, craftsmanship on this one is excellent!
Doesn't produce thick clouds when used with a bong, as far as I can tell, but very tasty and effective. Load sizes are tiny, but I can get through them a lot quicker than I could get through a trench in my MFLB, making it less frustrating to try and bake myself.:clap:
All in all a great portable, despite my initial misgivings:tup:

Seren

Away with the fairies
...... craftsmanship on this one is excellent!
Doesn't produce thick clouds when used with a bong, as far as I can tell, but very tasty and effective. Load sizes are tiny, but ..... All in all a great portable, despite my initial misgivings:tup:

Completely agree - beautifully made, super efficient, great flavour, does what it should! I love my Vapman - glad you're enjoying yours too. :tup: :) :peace:

Seren,

DamVapes

My first post on here! Had to join when seeing the Vapman. I recently tried one after a friend was really raving about it. I was very skeptical at first because of trying lighter vapes before and being really unimpressed.

The Vapman is a very well made portable little vaporizer. Having to use the lighter means that it will not replace my Pax, however it is my first choice for camping/festivals when electrickerty is a major issue.

One thing i have noticed about the motion of repeatedly using a lighter on this thing is that it devolops a habit which is good for stopping smokers! My friend immediately stopped smoking after i introduced him to this, so it has high regards in my book.

I use the lighter on the Vapman when its not in my mouth, heat it for a few seconds then inhale, i prefer it this way.

I'm not a big fan of the tiny bowl and using a filling ring each time, as it needs filling often.

Overall i think its really well made and designed, works a dream and is definitely very efficient! I would mark it 7/10, the let down is you can't get away with keep lighting a turbo lighter in the cinema & it needs refilling often.

OF

My first post on here!

Overall i think its really well made and designed, works a dream and is definitely very efficient! I would mark it 7/10, the let down is you can't get away with keep lighting a turbo lighter in the cinema & it needs refilling often.

First off, great first post, welcome to the fun!

I agree, Vapman is a fun and effective little vape in it's element. Being covert using it in a dark, crowded room, is not it's element I think?

Probably not a good 'only vape' for most, but IMO well worth considering.

Thanks for the thoughts, I'm looking forward to more contributions from you. Lots of other neat vapes out there you know......

OF

OF,

Seren

Away with the fairies
.......it is my first choice for camping/festivals when electrickerty is a major issue......... i have noticed about the motion of repeatedly using a lighter on this thing is that it devolops a habit which is good for stopping smokers!

Requiring a vaporizer that was suited to both festivals & wild camping partially guided my choice in buying a Vapman too - it's just perfect in those environments. I also wanted a clean air pathway.

:nod: I agree, the ritual of using a lighter and perfecting your technique could for many be a good substitute for a smoking habit. It's definitely more involved than battery/mains powered vapes that's for sure.

I'd love to see the vapman mated with a bong - does anyone have any vids?

:leaf: :buzz:

Seren,
Top Bottom