Vapman or Hammer

Looper

Hey Guys. I'm looking to get a butane-powered vaporizer for backup. I would like to get some input on both of them. Specifically, I was wondering how the vapor quality is and how much butane both vaporizers use. Thanks!

Looper,
Reactions: Seren

Radio

stay true to yourselves
With these; the burane flame is.essentially just heating a glass/ceramic bowl right? That would make a great backup. Wouldnt a sweet puff or something do a similar job?

Radio,
This is just me, but I always felt I could taste or smell some butane everytime I used the Hammer, even when using a retained heat method. Even besides that point, I much preferred the Vapman, and if the price is still under $80 for an unfinished model then I think it's much better value for money. The Vapman is made largely by hand in Switzerland as you can see in its impressive construction video, while the Hammer is made in a Taiwanese factory.

The only things I didn't like about Vapman are the smallish bowl size and the three air holes that exist only to dilute vapor and ease learning curve for newbies. It's a very good design and well worth your money.

Seren

Away with the fairies
I haven't tried the Hammer for comparison - but I absolutely love my Vapman - so much so I'm planning on buying another pure/basic model in Walnut. There's certainly no butane taste - the vapour quality is great - very tasty! I was initially very surprised by how little butane I use with it - even though my Vapman gets used near enough every day. Butane usage is of course correlated with frequency of use - but per load it's minimal.

Unlike @charliedontsurf I'm actually a fan of the small bowl size - it's surprising how a big a hit you can get off so little herb! It's super efficient & vapes evenly. But, I totally agree with him when it comes to appreciating the quality of build and craftsmanship that's gone into it's creation - it's superb!

Come on - join the Vapman club - you won't regret it. It fits easily in your pocket and IMO is more stealthy than the Hammer.

:2c: :peace:

(Edit - spelling!)

Last edited:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I really can appreciate the craftsmanship of the Vapman, especially in person.. Very impressive.. I love the way the stem and bowl click together so precisely.. Really interesting design, and even smaller than I expected.. Stu lent me his a little while back.. IIRC I think he even got it from you CDS? It's a trip see the way they made it and put it together.. I was impressed w/ the hits I got from that little thing too, they were pretty smooth.. I have never used the Hammer before, but it seems pretty capable.. Have you also considered the Lotus? That thing's pretty sweet..

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I just finished my PM to OP actually, i wasn't aware it would be a backup.

Vapman.

Small bowl is true, but i can do a lot more with that small bowl then I thought! You can really get a lottttt out of so little. Just the feel of it in your hand screams quality.

ETA @Seren knows what's up

Looper

Thanks for all your input. I am now possibly considering the firewood vaporizer in the mix? Any input on that? Also can the vapman combust or no? Not liking the hammer anymore.

Looper,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I haven't combusted but I've pushed it!

No experience with the firewood, but I want to try it!

Why no hammer? Out ofcuriosity.

KidFated.,

Seren

Away with the fairies
I've never experienced combustion with the Vapman. Two friends of mine who have used it came pretty close - both fired the bowl for waaaaay to long - but neither actually combusted - the herbs just got very dark. The beauty of the Vapman is it's good to go wherever you are - provided you have a lighter, you have blast off!

Seren,

Looper

Last question. Can the vapman do concentrates with cotton or a layer or weed? Thanks.

Looper,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I wouldn't rely on the firewood as a backup, but I wouldn't choose a Vapman over a VaporGenie as a backup, but I've had inconsistencies with torch lighters. Butane I guess doesn't bother me as its a flavor that nostalgic for me from the first time I vape with the VG so when I use the Genie its Butane flavor doesn't seem to be acknowledged unless it's more butane than flame I'm inhaling.

Hammer can have butane flavor but it is possible to isolate it though I don't feel a need to unless dealing with a method that would make the butane more apparent.

Vapman uses the least amount of Butane but for my Hammer I only need to buy butane every three months which isn't very bad to me. I also feel the Hammer delivers better quality vapor with its ability to do convection and conduction. I believe VaporSeller sells Hammers for 82.99.

The firewood is good if you want electric and not butane but it's my lengthiest charging portable and I can get a different taste when the coil is glowing red when I hit. Also isn't the cleanest flavor for having glass parts in the air path. I find the Hammer is far more pure for taste.

Vapman is still a great decision I wouldn't buy one now as my Hammer can replicate its style of vaping and the torch is always hidden. But the Vapman makes a better backup since you can use other lighters and its more durable. Though I'd prefer a Bronze VaporGenie.

Last edited:

Looper

I wouldn't rely on the firewood as a backup, but I wouldn't choose a Vapman over a VaporGenie as a backup, but I've had inconsistencies with torch lighters. Butane I guess doesn't bother me as its a flavor that nostalgic for me from the first time I vape with the VG so when I use the Genie its Butane flavor doesn't seem to be acknowledged unless it's more butane than flame I'm inhaling.

Hammer can have butane flavor but it is possible to isolate it though I don't feel a need to unless dealing with a method that would make the butane more apparent.

Vapman uses the least amount of Butane but for my Hammer I only need to buy butane every three months which isn't very bad to me. I also feel the Hammer delivers better quality vapor with its ability to do convection and conduction. I believe VaporSeller sells Hammers for 82.99.

The firewood is good if you want electric and not butane but it's my lengthiest charging portable and I can get a different taste when the coil is glowing red when I hit. Also isn't the cleanest flavor for having glass parts in the air path. I find the Hammer is far more pure for taste.

Vapman is still a great decision I wouldn't buy one now as my Hammer can replicate its style of vaping and the torch is always hidden. But the Vapman makes a better backup since you can use other lighters and its more durable. Though I'd prefer a Bronze VaporGenie.

Thank you for the thorough response. The reason I prefer the vapman is its form factor compare to the hammer. I dont like the glass piece sticking out of the hammer vs the all in one piece of the vapman. I might now consider the Hammer in the mix due to it being convection and not having to use a torch lighter.

Also why do you prefer the Bronze Vaporgenie? If I were to get pipe style vaporizer, I would get the Lotus. I can only assume you prefer the vaporgenie since you don't seem to taste the butane all that much when you used one.

Looper,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
VG has more butane taste than lotus. Lotus and vapman have zero butane taste and hammer itself is a torch..

KidFated.,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Butane taste isn't an issue for me, the only vaporizer I have that butane really bothers me is the Lithe.

I like that I can use a soft flame lighter and not just a torch. I have a variety of VaporGenies, the coil, a black, a walnut handcarved, the Bronze, and I have an adapter for connecting to a water pipe. I would buy a lotus if my Genie collection wasn't so thick or if I didn't have a hammer, or if I severely tasted butane so much I would want butane out of the air path. But I don't see the point of having so many similar vapes. Most of mine barely get used because the hammer can vape like the others.

The Hammers torch could become an inconvenience but it's been working well for me, but as a backup it would be horrible if it had a small problem when you need it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom