• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Vapir Rise Vaporizer

Ronp

Does anyone know the ID (inside diameter) OD (outside diameter) of the silicone tubing the Rise takes. I think $10 for 40" may be a bit excessive. If anyone knows a reputable seller, of the tubing, on Amazon or Ebay please pass it on.

Thanks

Ronp,

Earthtuner

Silicone isn't as cheap as plastic tubing.1/4 inch id and 1/3 inch od would be a good match.I ordered a spare balloon and they sent me a 40 inch tubing instead.That is the way I save money from "Toronto Vaperizers."If I was looking for Silicone tubing I would check a medical supply place.

Earthtuner,

OrionNebula

I'm new to vaping. I ordered a used Vapir Rise from Ebay. I just got it and tried vaping 1st lavender, 2nd chamomile, and 3rd pipe tobacco, at the temperatures provided by the guide. I inhaled and did notice some flavor and a bit of effect. But I see absolutely no visible vapor. None at all. What's going on?
Also, though the heater works, the air coming out of the tube is cold. Is this normal too?

OrionNebula,

ginolicious

The air that comes out should not be fully hot.

Sometimes you do not see visible vapor. It's not a huge issue. You are still getting something. Try inhaling a lot slower. I do not have experience using those herbs. I use marijuana at the temperature of 170C and 180c and see visible vapor.

ginolicious,

draakjeszijnlief

Although i vape a lot of other stuff than cannabis i also have never tried lavender, chamomile or pipe tobacco. I do know that some herbs give more visible smoke than others. It might also help to put more herb in the chamber (but don't put more than 3/4 in it or you'll probably choke) Visible vapor is not necessary to get the effects. But i do know that i also prefer at least some visible vapor to be there.
This is why i mix different herbs that can go well on the same temperature, i fill the bowl more and i turn the fan on 1 or 2. Maybe you can mix it with Damiana or Hop. They both give me more visible vapor at 184 celcius. You might be able to find more info here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-ethnobotanical-thread.148/ Goodluck!

draakjeszijnlief,

draakjeszijnlief

I cant seem to unscrew the plunger anymore. I wanted to soak the screen that lays on top of the herbs. But i cant unscrew it, its just stuck! Could i drop the whole plunger in ISO? Or should i really buy a whole new plunger?

draakjeszijnlief,

ginolicious

Drop it in iso for a few minutes or run it in the rise with an empty chamber then try. It's probably stuck from cooled reclaim.

Do exactly that.

Side note, anyone know where I can order a new HEPA filter? Mine is about a year old. Well 10 months to be more precise. I live in Canada. Looking for free shipping. Bought from Toronto Vaporizer. Dislike that company so much would like an alternative to order a filter with free shipping. Anyone have insight for Canada free shipping on a filter?

ginolicious,

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
Do exactly that.

Side note, anyone know where I can order a new HEPA filter? Mine is about a year old. Well 10 months to be more precise. I live in Canada. Looking for free shipping. Bought from Toronto Vaporizer. Dislike that company so much would like an alternative to order a filter with free shipping. Anyone have insight for Canada free shipping on a filter?
I would say just try the Vapir website.

Crussell27,

Earthtuner

It is just a scrap of Hepa filter paper stuck in a little hole in the bottom.Buy a Hepa furnace filter from Home depot and cut out a little piece.Six dollars will get you ten lifetimes worth.If you want to be cheap cut out some coffee filters, or any furnace filter, and it will do a decent job as well.It is very simple technology.

ginolicious

It is just a scrap of Hepa filter paper stuck in a little hole in the bottom.Buy a Hepa furnace filter from Home depot and cut out a little piece.Six dollars will get you ten lifetimes worth.If you want to be cheap cut out some coffee filters, or any furnace filter, and it will do a decent job as well.It is very simple technology.

Interesting theory on this. Has anyone tried this?

ginolicious,
Reactions: leafhead

Ronp

Sounds logical. Make sure it's the same thickness as the original. I think (not much)...They may sell them in different thicknesses (I can't think of the right word...I know it's not width. I can't figure out the word for "thickness."
Anyone buy new tubing: Where, size, how much? Please. I don't want to buy 20' of tubing, that's the wrong size that I over pay for.

Ronp,
Reactions: leafhead

ginolicious

Going back to using a furnace filter I don't think that is going to work.

The Ruffles or ridges in the furnace filter are a lot bigger and more spread out than that of the filter for the rise.

Also to cut a piece to fit that seems rather difficult. No?

ginolicious,

Earthtuner

I have a Hepa filter[commercial ionizer] that is over 25 years old and still functions.Vacuum it and then blow it out, and we can save the 3.99 for a new one.
I just took it out of mine and, indeed, it is just a scrap of a larger furnace Hepa filter.Use the old filter as a template.

Earthtuner,

leafhead

I'm new to vaping. I ordered a used Vapir Rise from Ebay. I just got it and tried vaping 1st lavender, 2nd chamomile, and 3rd pipe tobacco, at the temperatures provided by the guide. I inhaled and did notice some flavor and a bit of effect. But I see absolutely no visible vapor. None at all. What's going on?
Also, though the heater works, the air coming out of the tube is cold. Is this normal too?
Yes. The air coming out when running at 390° will be around 100° F. What temperature are you using? We use 390° (198° C) for cannabis. We run the fan at 3 to start and finish filling bag at 4 or 5. More flavor at lower speeds. Hope this helps.

leafhead

I do not use liquid pads. I cannot comment on that.

Did you rinse your tubing before using? I boil my tube on the stove top with salt and baking soda.

This sent in the weed chamber not sure what you are referring to. I would need to see a pic.

Balloons are epic. They will keep for roughly 10-20 minutes and not go stale lol.
I keep bags overnight and it still packs a punch.

OrionNebula

Yes. The air coming out when running at 390° will be around 100° F. What temperature are you using? We use 390° (198° C) for cannabis. We run the fan at 3 to start and finish filling bag at 4 or 5. More flavor at lower speeds. Hope this helps.

I was completely new to vaporizers, so I didn't know what I was doing. After a few weeks of use I can say that the vapir gives out pretty good vapor. Just had to set the right temperature. I bought a used Volcano, which I'm using more now, as the balloon method with it is more efficient and tastes better. However, the chamber in the vapir is bigger, so you can pack more material. And sometimes I feel like using the whip. For traveling I will take the vapir with me. The volcano is too big.

OrionNebula,

Earthtuner

I usually take some 8 to 10 hits off the single Wip, and then finish with inflating a bag.I run fan at 2 for the bag, increasing to 4 or 5 if there is good amount of vapor coming out.Lower quality weed doesn't produce much vapor with this machine.It's probably the same with any vaporizer though.

draakjeszijnlief

I usually take some 8 to 10 hits off the single Wip, and then finish with inflating a bag.I run fan at 2 for the bag, increasing to 4 or 5 if there is good amount of vapor coming out.Lower quality weed doesn't produce much vapor with this machine.It's probably the same with any vaporizer though.

I am so going to try this! Brilliant idea :) Thnx for sharing!

draakjeszijnlief,

George1151

My unit came with a warning label added by the seller (shop) saying that the units tend to run hot and the recommended temp of dried herb is 180C (355 F). I have tried various settings and 180C works great.

I turn off the fan completely while the unit heats up and then put the fan on close to the max setting when I hook up the bag. I always have a 2nd bag with whip attached ready to connect when the first bag is full. When I disconnect I turn off the fan completely then turn it back up when connected. Less than half a bowl sometimes a quarter bowl, is good for 3 bags at least. They progressively get weaker but the first 2 are plenty dense.

I never use the whip straight off the unit, just bags.

I find the system and temp/speed settings work great.

ginolicious

I pack the smallest bowls and vape at 180C. I maybe get 8-10 draws off the whip. Which is fine. Cause I'll sit lost in my mind for an hour before packing another one. After a year I can say I have mastered my technique. Not that much of one is required. Just that I'm dialed in for why works for me.

ginolicious,

George1151

I pack the smallest bowls and vape at 180C. I maybe get 8-10 draws off the whip. Which is fine. Cause I'll sit lost in my mind for an hour before packing another one. After a year I can say I have mastered my technique. Not that much of one is required. Just that I'm dialed in for why works for me.

George1151,
Top Bottom