Discontinued Vapir Rise Vaporizer

ginolicious

Well I'm kind of upset right now. It's not a big deal but really?

I've owned my device since April 2015. It gets daily use. But not that heavy. 2 grams last 2 weeks for me. Sometimes even 3.

I noticed in the weed chamber that the bottom piece is separate. It's not one full piece. It's like a screen at the bottom. My bottom pieces has off the sides of the weed chamber. It's now two pieces. So I guess I have to buy a second basket as the bottom and sides are now two pieces. Wouldn't call it a basket.

ginolicious,

Ronp

Call Vapir. When I called them for a mouth piece leaking vapor, they sent me a new one (no questions asked). I didn't even have to send them the old one for inspection. Vapir has been real good to me.

Silicon Advisor

Kamikaze in a Hopeless World
Well I'm kind of upset right now. It's not a big deal but really?

I've owned my device since April 2015. It gets daily use. But not that heavy. 2 grams last 2 weeks for me. Sometimes even 3.

I noticed in the weed chamber that the bottom piece is separate. It's not one full piece. It's like a screen at the bottom. My bottom pieces has off the sides of the weed chamber. It's now two pieces. So I guess I have to buy a second basket as the bottom and sides are now two pieces. Wouldn't call it a basket.

I noticed this as well when inspecting my chamber.

I would like to know what is holding the screen on to the cup. It doesn't look welded on. Glue? I would hope not.

Is anyone aware of the existence of a superior 3rd party/aftermarket chamber? I found nothing in a google search.

Anyways...I think I will order another one or two right now in order to deal with the eventuality of a cylinder and screen separation.

Silicon Advisor,

ginolicious

I noticed this as well when inspecting my chamber.

I would like to know what is holding the screen on to the cup. It doesn't look welded on. Glue? I would hope not.

Is anyone aware of the existence of a superior 3rd party/aftermarket chamber? I found nothing in a google search.

Anyways...I think I will order another one or two right now in order to deal with the eventuality of a cylinder and screen separation.

You need to get the first generation chamber. One online store sells it. Popular in this board. I forget now. But the old chambers screen screws on to the bottom of the cylinder.

ginolicious

I have a back up plunger too. I lost the screw piece for the top one day in my sink and had to order a whole new plunger lol. Now I have two lol. But one screw.

Superdavesr

Ok, new Vapir Rise 2.0 owner here, haven't even tried it yet, just got it in. I was wondering about the plunger, I read a few people having some small issues with it, and noticed, that if I put a pen spring on it, it holds it down nicely, but not so much, that it still lifts properly. Has anyone tried something like this? Can you think of a good reason not to try it?

Superdavesr,

ginolicious

Ok, new Vapir Rise 2.0 owner here, haven't even tried it yet, just got it in. I was wondering about the plunger, I read a few people having some small issues with it, and noticed, that if I put a pen spring on it, it holds it down nicely, but not so much, that it still lifts properly. Has anyone tried something like this? Can you think of a good reason not to try it?

I've never heard of that.

I have never had any issues with the stock set up.

ginolicious,

Superdavesr

I read that some people were complaining of it lifting when they drew. Based on what I read, and what it's for, I was expecting to see a spring in there. So I pulled apart a spring, just to see if it was a good size, and it was a perfect size. I just tried the vape, and boy does it ever produce a lot of vape, way more than my Ascent, I was expecting more, but this was amazing. The spring did good, would not know if it helped, but it works as it should.

Superdavesr,

Silicon Advisor

Kamikaze in a Hopeless World
Superdave, your spring idea sounds great, my only concern would be knowing what the spring is made of. I would be afraid that it might off-gas fumes while in use. And seeing as that spring is in the vapor path, I would be hesitant.

Silicon Advisor,

ginolicious

I read that some people were complaining of it lifting when they drew. Based on what I read, and what it's for, I was expecting to see a spring in there. So I pulled apart a spring, just to see if it was a good size, and it was a perfect size. I just tried the vape, and boy does it ever produce a lot of vape, way more than my Ascent, I was expecting more, but this was amazing. The spring did good, would not know if it helped, but it works as it should.

What you are using it for makes sense. I have never had the plunger lift on me. I think maybe once it happened. But even that I can't say for certain.

ginolicious,

Superdavesr

Man does this machine rock! I can't believe how much thick vapour I get, even at low temperatures. I use my Davinci Ascentat 190 C, but with the Vapir I have it set to 170 C, and the vapour is really thick and tasty. Part of my thought with the spring on the plunger, is from the Ascent, as people talked about needed to put something in the chamber, to keep the material at the bottom of the chamber, so it heats better. With my spring attached, it keeps the stuff nicely lightly packed on the bottom of the bowl, so I am guessing it is vaping at a better rate. But then again, I haven't tried it yet without the spring, so I can compare. Next trip will be without a spring, and once I'm back, I'll comment if I noticed any difference.

Superdavesr,

ginolicious

I vape my stuff at 190C. If I'm chilling though and want a true sipping session I'll go from 170 to 190c. Just slowing turning it up 10 degrees each time through the session.

ginolicious,

AspenPeeks

Vape Like a Goddess™
Call Vapir. When I called them for a mouth piece leaking vapor, they sent me a new one (no questions asked). I didn't even have to send them the old one for inspection. Vapir has been real good to me.

New VapirRise 2.0 here as well (purchased as a backup since my Herbalizer is going in for warranty repair again).. noticed some vapor escaping from the VapirRise 2.0 single user adapter... called customer service and they said they would ship out a o-ring and a new single user adapter. Received this morning, I don't see the difference of the single user adapter vs the included one. No o-ring was included.. I'm going to call them again.. I think the o-ring would solve the vapor leaking.

You need to get the first generation chamber. One online store sells it. Popular in this board. I forget now. But the old chambers screen screws on to the bottom of the cylinder.

thanks for the tip

Does the original 1.0 VapirRise Herb Chamber worth with the included VapirRise2.0 Adapter/Plunger?

Last edited:
AspenPeeks,

ginolicious

The plunger on the 2.0 is great. I wouldn't have it any other way. Not to sure what you are referring to.

Also, I only see vapor escape when I use the fan for a bag. When I use the single whip no vapor escapes for me.

ginolicious,

draakjeszijnlief

Hi, this seems to be the only table top vaporizer i can find that can also vape liquids. But i never smoke with friends (loner much lol) and i also dont like to use the balloons. So i feel that for me personally this vaporizer might just have to many functions i wont use. Does anyone know an other tabletop vaporizer that can vape both herbs and liquids? (the Plenty unfortunately isn't working for me, since i want to use a very low temperature for resins (frankincense and myrrh)) I would really like some options.

draakjeszijnlief,

ginolicious

Hi, this seems to be the only table top vaporizer i can find that can also vape liquids. But i never smoke with friends (loner much lol) and i also dont like to use the balloons. So i feel that for me personally this vaporizer might just have to many functions i wont use. Does anyone know an other tabletop vaporizer that can vape both herbs and liquids? (the Plenty unfortunately isn't working for me, since i want to use a very low temperature for resins (frankincense and myrrh)) I would really like some options.

This is a great vaporizer. I rarely use the bag. You have it if you need it. Don't matter if you use it. This vape is easy to clean. It works well and is efficient. Looks nice. No learning curve. Well worth the money and reasonably priced. It will do everything you want it to. Vape kief, dry herb, liquid or wax. It comes with two chambers. One for dry herb that has a screen type thing. Also has another chamber without a mesh for liquid, kief, wax. Also works well with home made hash.

draakjeszijnlief

I have seen that the herb chamber is very very large (for my standards at least haha) i smoke about 0.1-0.2 grams a night depending on my mood. I am afraid that i will waste a lot. Is it well use-able with not that much herb in it? Thank you so much Ginolicious for the information you gave me already! Its not an easy decision on what to spend your money on tbh.. So i am glad this forum is here!

draakjeszijnlief,

ginolicious

I have seen that the herb chamber is very very large (for my standards at least haha) i smoke about 0.1-0.2 grams a night depending on my mood. I am afraid that i will waste a lot. Is it well use-able with not that much herb in it? Thank you so much Ginolicious for the information you gave me already! Its not an easy decision on what to spend your money on tbh.. So i am glad this forum is here!

Yes the chamber is huge. Do you need to fill it no.

I have a picture somewhere here of my chamber and how much herb I put in it. I now put more than I did when I bought in may cause my tolerance went up. I also vape with my wife and well she likes to get some good hits as well lol.

Link to photo: not posting for some reason.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/GinoLicious/Mobile Uploads/image_1.jpg

draakjeszijnlief

Thank you! I cant see the picture either, but its okay. Could you attach it to a bong / water pipe some how? I cant seem to find information about this, so i guess not. (its an option for me, not a necessity)

draakjeszijnlief,
Top Bottom