• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Vapir NO2

Simon S

Im getting familiar with my NO2 V2, and I really like this vaporizer! The big design is very practical, and results in great taste and cooldown of the vapor. It definitely heats up pretty fast and I like the simple and practical functionality, its perfect for a quick hit if your in a hurry or just chilling in the couch, the device is very easy and comfortable to use.
The only thing that bothers me a little bit is the maximum temp of 204°C (400°F). I think thats a little low maximum temp, it would maybe be nice to use a little higher temp for those fast few hits not using much herb, if in a hurry or something. I get the fool-proof design though, and it vapes very nice between 190°C(174°F)-200°C(392°F) (I prefer the taste around 195°C with the herbs I have right now, and figure I prefer the temps a little higher than the average preference), so its no big deal, but options is always nice. Anyway is it definitely a very nice vaporizer for beginners and in general!

Last edited:

DogDad

I've been away from the world of vapes for a while. I still use the No2, all day at home and out and about.

I don't use my EQ anymore because I find it doesn't turn the herb as brown as the No2 without much higher temps making me think the EQ is not nearly as efficient as the No2.

Has anyone left the No2 for another vape and if so, which one?

DogDad,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

BeEazy

I left the No2 for the arizer solo for a number of reason.

To make a long sorry short I accidently plugged my laptop charger into my No2 and had to send it in for repair. The No2 that I sent in airflow was restricted a little and I love that about it. The one they sent back was a newer version and there was little to none airflow restriction and vapour production wasn't as thick as the pervious model.

The battery life wasn't that great, and it used up a decent amount of herb to get medicated. The solo takes less than .10 and with 1 stem I'm happy medicated.

BeEazy,

DogDad

My problem is I have two vapes and they work just fine. I can't justify the cost for a third unless it was a significant improvement.

Sounds to me like the solo is still the next best thing to the No2, and a better choice today over the No2 version 2.

I've dropped my NO2 several times and cracked the case in 3 areas. It's taped up everywhere but still heating up and doing it's thing. I've replaced the battery once. We've got some history.

Simon S

I don't use my EQ anymore because I find it doesn't turn the herb as brown as the No2 without much higher temps making me think the EQ is not nearly as efficient as the No2.

I also have both the NO2 and the EQ. I believe the reason the EQ shows higher temps, is because the heating elements and heat sensor is placed a bit below the champer itself. So the temp shown on the display is much higher than the actual temp of the champer and the herbs, and even higher when packing the elbow.
Using my NO2, I prefer the temp setting around 195°C (depending on the herb), but using the EQ I prefer the temp setting as high as 210-215°C (410°F - 420°F) when packing the elbow. I believe those two temp settings are about the same actual temp of the herbs. Also with the EQ, its nice to let the glass warm up for about 10 minutes before adding the herbs and start vaping.
Arizer explained all this in detail in a public email [vaporpedia link removed due to malware].
So, in my opinion the functionality of the EQ is definitely more efficient than the NO2, the temp shown on the display is just very inaccurate and rather confusing at first. But I also saw some temp testing youtube videos, suggesting that its actually the case with most vaporizers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon S,

DogDad

Thank you for that information. I've tried a few different things with the EQ but never been able to blow big clouds. Not that I do on the NO2 but I haven't figured out how to get the most out of the EQ.

I liked the idea of bags but it doesn't seem very efficient the way I have tried it and I find it hard to get good clouds. I do the elbow pack.

I'll review those links and pick up some tips, thanks.

DogDad,

poonman

My problem is I have two vapes and they work just fine. I can't justify the cost for a third unless it was a significant improvement.

Sounds to me like the solo is still the next best thing to the No2, and a better choice today over the No2 version 2.

I've dropped my NO2 several times and cracked the case in 3 areas. It's taped up everywhere but still heating up and doing it's thing. I've replaced the battery once. We've got some history.

pti
Go to the EQ thread ,
@DDave posted a fantastic DIY mod that solves that problem .
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-235#post-436972

I went from mflb to NO2 to Solo and ... still shopping .

poonman,
Reactions: DDave

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
No2 is an ok portable. Arizer Air is 100% better imo. In fact, I gave my No2 away as there is no comparison. EQ, been gone for at least 2 years.

Jeppy,

DogDad

Thanks guys. I have the DDave shorter bowl. It works much better for sure. I also bought the SSV glass attachment mentioned in that thread but i finally broke it.

I hadn't seen the arizer air before today. Thanks for posting.

DogDad,

DogDad

I'm bak.

I spent a few days trying to like the EQ and came back to the No2 for my all day vape. The Eq will likely go back in the closet again for a while.

For a one or two person vape, the NO2 is much more efficient. The EQ takes 2x times more herb to load the elbow pack and I don't get twice as medicated.

The Eq requires more heat to produce vapor from the same bud and doesn't cook the AVB as dark or as even as the NO2.

A clean NO2, kicks my ass with ease, where a clean EQ takes more effort to get there.

Ronp

I run my NO2 plugged in with the battery charged and upside down in the base. If I leave the house, I flip the battery; use it portable. For the price, the NO2 is a great unit: I can simply throw it in a bag, I can use it in the car with a charger, I can run it at 345F and not use the mouth piece, I can put a second screen at the top of the bowl fill it with herb and conserve, but still get a few thick hits. The unit is so versatile and durable. The NO2 can take a beating. The solo imo hits better: More vapor, more efficient (less product, better results) better taste. But you can't simply throw a solo (with it's glass mouth pieces) in a bag, you can't remove the battery; therefore, the battery is always trickle charging when plugged in. If you can cover and protect your glass stems while hiking, skiing, climbing etc., get a solo, but if your lazy, like me, and simply want one unit for less then $100 on sale, get an NO2. A quick aside, I bought a Ed's mouth piece for my solo, and it always over heated my solo. I also have a Divinci original that's great also, but the NO2 puts out smoother vapors. Also note the shape of the NO2 head, it fits in all the water tools I have used. If you want visable vapor: Run the NO2 at 400F through water. Plus, Vapir has a trade in program. if my NO2 breaks out of warranty they replace it with another for 50% off the original price.

Ronp,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Hot Dog Day 187

I went from the NO2 to the solo long ago. i guess i would have got a solo when i got my no2 at first but the no2 was available so much cheaper.

mine was an ebay discount unit and has been running 24/7 since sometime 2011.

i still believe the NO2 was the perfect car unit... really wonderful for that purpose.

i left the NO2 for the solo eventually because i went crazy with the taste of the metal bowl. i still love the solo because of its all glass air pathway.

NO2 let you take harder pulls with less resistance in the way and that was easier.

guys how can you use the NO2 easily with a 14mm piece? my NO2 has been with one of my friends since I got my solo and he has been using it heavily 24/7 for the last few years. its still got the original tube and mouthpiece, both of which are extremely dirty by now! i think its still got the same screen too... my reason for bumping this ancient thread is i want to help him be able to use the NO2 with a water piece.

Hot Dog Day 187,

Ronp

The head, on the NO2, is tappered so it can fit into different water tools. I bought a $15 acrylic water pipe, and it as if the two (NO2 and acrylic water pipe) were made for each other. You can also turn the head around so you can read the face as you hit the water tool.

budballer

Hey I had a quick question for the long time NO2 owners. Let me preface this by saying I am not here to cause trouble, I am here to learn. I am about to buy a Vapir vaporizer but first wanted to know if anyone here has found oxidation or tarnishing on the brass bowl in the NO2? With a fresh cleaning does the brass appear to be free from tarnish? Still shiny just like on day one? I've had people tell me that the bowl will oxidize and eventually create toxic fumes. I'm very skeptical, but for the sake of my own sanity I had to check in on the actual users experiences?

Thank you in advance!!

budballer,

Ronp

Vapir says let the bowl heat up to temperature before you put in your herbs. I assume that it's like a frying pan, if you put food into a cold pan then heat it, the food will stick to it, and you have to scrape it off. If you heat the pan first and then put in your food the pan's easy to clean. I put the herbs in first then heat it; because of this, my bowl gets crud on it; I clean it off with a cotton swab and denatured alcohol, and when I get the bowl clean it still leaves a bit of discoloration on the bowl. Honestly, I have never analyzed the stain and can only tell you my experience. No smells or fumes. Any plastic smell goes away as you clean and use it.

One very important piece of advice, buy a NO2 from an authorized dealer, because if you don't and it malfunctions your SOL. If you buy from an unauthorized dealer, Vapir may not honor THEIR warranty on THEIR product. Vapor Nation has one for under $100 with a percentage off, and they’re authorized by Vapir. Check them out in supporting retailer section.

Vitolo

Vaporist
if anyone here has found oxidation or tarnishing on the brass bowl in the NO2? With a fresh cleaning does the brass appear to be free from tarnish? Still shiny just like on day one?
My NO2 brass kept it's shine free of tarnish for 3 years of daily use.
An interesting tid-bit I stumbled upon while digging around on the web.
It seems that Vapir holds the Patent to Convection Vaporization
Check it out!

Last edited:

DopeFight

I was wondering was it possible to still find any of the N02 V1s? I know they got the V2 now but I thought you may be able to pick up a V1 for a really good deal.

DopeFight,

Ronp

I have a No2 v1, and it does not work on battery power. I contacted Vapir, and they said they wont take it for a trade in because it wasn't broken it just needs a new battery. The cost of the battery is about $40. I can buy a new battery, or I can save the money for a different vaporizer. Without a single thought, I will save my money and buy a Solo or Ascent.

Ronp,

TeretruBR

Hello friends FK, I'm new here in the forum and I have a No2 v1, and it does not work as it burned some SMD components on the board, and there are some days I'm looking for a picture of the PCB some Vapir No2 V1, even found some images in the forum, but none that has found sufficient quality to identify the component values. Follow the link to an image with the components that I need http://tinypic.com/r/9ptnbl/9. If someone has the goodness to send a photo of good quality this board or send the values of R24, R27, and Q2 SMD components. I will be very happy if someone can collaborate, I need these informations to repair my No2.

TeretruBR,

Ronp

Tere- I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a NO2 v1 that burns herbs. I could recycle it to Vapir and get a new unit at a discount (I assume $75) from the manufacturer. ...OR... I can buy a new Solo for $150, and not have to mail a used unit to Vapir (which is kinda sketchie).

Ronp,

TeretruBR

Ronp-I bought a new unit of Vapir NO2 V1 to attempt a repair on the unit that is burned. I can provide the SMD codes of board components. I will try to take good pictures provide here at FK. Tell what your components are burned.

TeretruBR,

Ronp

Thanks for the info. I know nothing about electronics. My decision is: Less expensive NO2 v2 or Solo. They both have their positives and negatives. The NO2 doesn't seem to live much past its 1 year warranty, while my old solo, in need of new battery, is limping well past its warranty.
I do wish I knew how to fix my NO2.

Ronp,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You can buy a new battery for either.
My NO2 lasted 5 years (with original battery, prior to the police taking it from our home during the raid.
My friends NO2 lasted 2 years, then he bought a new battery and it is alive to this day.
I have replaced my Solo Battery after 3 years use, and it worked like new.
Either battery can be purchased with an FC discount PuffitUp.
@PuffItUp Randy carries both.
You can get the NO2 battery also directly from Vapir.

Last edited:

Ronp

I'm a bit hesitant to buy a battery, because my NO2 is burning herbs when it's plugged in.

Ronp,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I'm a bit hesitant to buy a battery, because my NO2 is burning herbs when it's plugged in.

That doesn't sound right at all since the no2 should never get hotter than 400F, I can't burn herbs in mine for trying.

RUDE BOY,
Top Bottom