Discontinued Vapir NO2

DogDad

Thanks Vitolo

On a side note: I have the flu and been feeling like ass for days and not vaping. I was coughing my head off this morning and finally thought to look up cannabis, and coughing. I read that vaping can help, so I loaded her up and have been pretty much cough free for the last few hours. Thanks NO2!

grendizer

Hey! I'me very happy with no2. I was a bit worried after reading some reviews here but works very well.

I wanted to ask if anyone has tried to put the top part in vodka or something stronger to make tincture from the oil. I was planning on keeping the alcohol and put the plastic in for 2-3 minutes every time it needs cleaning. I guess I can get something really strong from 3-4 weeks of cleaning with 4 loads a day. I wanted to try sublingual use.

Thanks in advance.

grendizer,
Reactions: cenzo6969

Vitolo

Vaporist
I clean my NO2 parts with 91% Iso.
This of course is unsafe for consumption internally, but Everclear works.
Be sure it is not the newer 75% Everclear some states sell.. 95% pure Everclear is what you need.
There is still a "catch" here...
Everclear tinctures will burn if used sublingually.
If the everclear is removed (evaporated out) the remaining substance would be too thick to drip or dissolve under tongue.
Sublingual use is often limited to glycerin tinctures, and the golden oil renderings gotten from washes with green weed.
Do not be discouraged though...
You can still easily ingest the residues.
Drink it as is with some alcohol still left in it, or wipe the gathered and evaporated oils on
a small piece of tissue paper and swallow it.

grendizer

I found good info about tiincture here from solidly guy. https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71872
Thanks, Vitolo. It's not easy to buy alcohol over 40%(80 proof I think) here in spain. Not easy to buy iso neither. And I'm worried about iso toxicity.
Being vapor oil I thought it wil be ok with vodka. Not the best ingredient but enough to catch the sticvky oil from the no2. Ill keep trying though as the alternative is cleaning with rubbing alcohol and throw away alcohol and oil.

grendizer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Rubbing alcohol can be evaporated 100% and then material vaporized once again.
Vodka will work wonderfully!
¡Viva España!
"♪♬ Franco se va paseo....♭♫"

grendizer

There are things added to rubbing alcohol so people won't drink it. I'm not sure if those evaporate too.

grendizer,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Here in Florida drugstores they sell "Isopropyl alcohol" and then they also sell "rubbing Alcohol" which is ISO with added color, fragrance and lanolin.

Just a heads up, because I've had someone pick me up "rubbing" alcohol once instead of "isopropyl".
Used it once to clean a stem, now it'll never be used for that again as it left a bad taste and residue behind even after a long hot water rinse.

RUDE BOY,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Among rubbing alcohol there is 1Isopropyl and 2Ethyl.
Both can be called rubbing alcohol whether pure or diluted.
Both can also have additives and colors.
Ethyl Rubbing Alcohol always leaves bitter bad essence even after evaporation, and can leave a bitter residue when gone.
This is because there is always an additive to prevent consumption, since ethyl is derived from grain, and can intoxicate.
Ethyl Alcohol is made from grain
Isopropyl is made from propane.
Isopropyl has no additives at all most of the time, since it can not be consumed.

Everclear is grain alcohol sold with intention of consumption, and it cleans NO2 resins well also as does your vodka.

Bluepants

Has anyone tried using the no2 with regular round screens? I ask because those are like 100 for 5 bucks and can be picked up from a smoke shop while the no2 screens are like $13 for 20.

Bluepants,
Reactions: CarolKing

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can get larger screens then you need and just cut them to fit the size you want. Much cheaper that way buying in bulk. You can cut the screens with a pair of sharp scissors.

CarolKing,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have tried all other screen options for the NO2.
While home made cut screens did work, the NO2 screens are a much finer screen, and reduces any particles. They are softer and easy to work with too.

It is safe enough to use any screen that fits for the top, but would only use the finest screen.. top hat shaped (No2 stock) for the oven bottom.

JimmyCricket

Hey, So i just got my Vapir NO2 today and was wondering how long I should charge it before my first use?I read eight hours in the manual but on the unit the battery indicator already shows four bars? I really do not want to ruin my battery by overcharging. So is 6-8 hours right or should i just let it charge to four bars? Help would be much appreciated!

JimmyCricket,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The 8 hours for the first charge is right it conditions the battery somehow chemically in-order to truly receive the deepest fullest charge in the future as well allowing the battery to last through many more charges.

I don't understand the science so can't explain it, but seems to be true from my own experience of rushing things with other rechargeable vapes that recommended the same and now wishing i didn't.

One cool thing about the NO2 is that if you really can't wait to use it the first time is that you can remove the battery and do a session plugged in, then replace the battery and continue the charge. Enjoy !

:peace:

RUDE BOY,

JimmyCricket

Alright thanks man! Another question, I know the NO2 has an automatic shut off feature after 20 minutes. Will that effect charging? For example do I need to hit one of the buttons every 20 minutes to keep it charging?

JimmyCricket,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
No, the 20 min shutoff timer only turns off the heater while doing a session not the unit, you have to turn off the little mains power switch on the side of the unit to interrupt the charging process or to truly turn off the unit.

RUDE BOY,

grendizer

Going back to the alcohol question theres usually "cloruro de benzoalconio", benzalkonium chloride, added to rubbing alcohol here. However I've been able to buy 96% etil with no additives so no problem anymore. Except for my wallet. Same taxes than liquor for this alcohol so it's expensive.
Now I'm excited about my vape getting dirty.

The wash you mentioned before that works sublingual like glycerin tincture ,do you mean with alcohol?
Im going to try with the alcohol but Ill keep in mind the glycerin thing. I can always evaporate the alcohol and work from there with glycerin.

Thanks a lot Vitolo.

grendizer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
just... no alcohol under the tongue for sublingual use.. (it stings!)

Last edited:
Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
20icq69.jpg

EverythingsHazy

Yes round screens work fine. I like to lay one flat on top of the oven instead of in the mouthpiece.
Seems to help lessen the amount of resistance on the draw. Might want to poke your finger down in the middle of the screen tho to hold the herb cloer to the middle/bottom of the bowl when it is being drawn on instead of at the very top getting stuck between the brass chamber and the casing.

Top Bottom