Discontinued Vapir NO2

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@DogDad when waking up I read your post above and pulled out my NO2. I don't use it every day but really I could.

The main advantage I see in most newer portables is the size and to be honest if I'm using it around the house and yard tiny isn't always better. As for flavor I in no way find the NO2 bad, actually toward the end of the bowl its much more neutral then most I've used.

Using it plugged in it serves me even better. I would use it more if it did reach 415f or so for extreme pain. Most of the time 400f is fine. I vape at 369 to relieve nausea and stimulate appetite at 400 for pain. Thank God I still get a buzz no matter what temp. The NO2 is A fine vapor delivery tool, wish it got a little more love around here.
I would recommend it for anyone who is in my situation and doesn't need to carry it around in jeans pockets.

*****************************************:peace:****************************************

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I agree with you very heavily, Rude Boy (May I call you Roody?).
Right down to the 369 for Nausea (I go 380 for moderate discomfort, in combo with other forms of plant- like topical/edible tincture combos)
I am glad you use your NO2 thusly!
I also agree 100% that tiny is not always better.
re: Jeans pocket...
I like baggy pants, in fact have recently switched to suspenders
(hint- This helps me with Nausea also... no more belt!)
Here's me slipping the NO2 in my pocket... It is even easier now that I am a suspender guy!

pocket.jpg

"Is that an NO2 in your pocket?... or are you just glad to see me~"

Due to the loose pant habit, an NO2 in pocket is
not uncommon around here!

gunsling.gif

Smile when you say that, Podner..
I have a loaded NO2 in my pocket, and I ain't afeared to use it!

Ansel

When I re-entered the world of Vaping, I did so with a GREAT deal of thought and much research.
My introductory Vape into the "Vaporiverse" was the NO2.
It is indeed a good one, and I still use it often.

sorry to sidetrack and i'm sure it's been written somewhere but why did you quit vaping?

Ansel,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Vitolo

Vaporist
Life got wild in the 70's.. I travelled.. Far.... and wide.
I stayed in hotels, and was on planes often.........
as this exotic lifestyle and pace slowed down, I kept on smoking, as it had become the norm for me.
In 2010 with word that Arizona was to be on the ballot for legalization of Medical Marijuana for Patients, I decided to stop combusting.... there was no reason not to...
...I never travel.. heck.. I hardly walk out of my house!

DogDad

I've been reading here everyday for weeks now. I don't know everything but I know more than most of the LHS guys.

Flexibility is what intrigues me about vaping and the No2 has a lot of flexibility. A swiss army knife of vapes IMO.

I don't need another vape, I just want one to test the effects of higher temps and recycle no2 AVB. I could use the No2 everyday like I do right now and be better than fine. (NOVN) No Other Vape Needed.

Why the NO2 doesn't get more Love? I guess the first version didn't make a good impression and the internet never forgets. That, and it has no sex appeal compared to others and a lot of competition at the same price point.

Fact is though, it kicks my ass to the point I want no more bud for a while. ( like right about... now)

I'm glad I have mine ( took it to the beach this morning) but I am adding an extreme Q for even more flexibility. I think today.

One of the first tests of the EQ will be using No2 AVB that was vaped at 400. I want to try and pull bags at 428* and 460* just using NO2 AVB, to see what I can collect. As good as the No2 is, I suspect it still leaves medicine behind.

IMO, one of the best things Vapir could do is make a desktop dock w/charger for the NO3 that it could sit in and charge. This would eliminate that stiff ass cord and funky angle attachment which makes charging and using it more cumbersome than it needs to be.

There still isn't a lot to bitch about, so I won't.

Vitolo

Vaporist
If you read back way to the start....
The NO2 got a bashing from a few people that were more vocal than the average person.
one did not follow instructions... about washing tube first. His vapor smelled of plastic.. and he whined relentlessly (until he got new tube)
another.. did not pay attention to what we had to say about NOT buying this particular vape from any UNAUTHORIZED dealer... he got a knock off.. was not under warranty... and he NEVER forgot, and in his vigor to be vocal... never forgave.
Finally there was a few followers that never owned an NO2.. but took every turn to re-tell the tale of "the friend whose unit smelled bad"
In the History of Vapir, there was ONE shipment of units that went out with no silica gel dessicant packets in the box. This made the one shipment have a more prevalent "new vape smell". It was reported, and fixed by the company CEO.
Love the NO2!

gladnosmoke

It has been a while since I have posted so here we go. I got myself a new Vapir No2. since the first day I got it the unit would work well but not give me the fresh herb oil I was looking for. I do not like any smoke and that is why I bought this unit. i only paid $89.00 for mine. We overtime it seemed to get more and more harsh. The temp would go up and down. I thought it was something that I was doing wrong. We all of a sudden after a year and a half of usage the battery died and my power adapter started to act funny. Well i took the battery out because the battery meeter indicator was not there anymore. Now I am using just the power supply and the difference is amazing. The taste is fresh not smokey tasting at all. So what I have learned is to buy two batteries and only charge them with a wall power supply connected directly to the battery, You have to take the battery out to do this. I use either the wall charger with no battery in the unit or use the charged battery only. I never charge the battery in the unit. I hope this is useful. Peace.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@gladnosmoke I've been using the NO2 for a year or so and what I do is charge the battery in the unit then when I use it plugged in I flip the battery over so it is only using power from the plug and not over charging/using the battery while in use.

Still if it was my only vaporizer I would pick up an extra battery and external charger.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Vitolo

DogDad

My NO2 won't power on. Won't run off AC, nothing happens with or without the battery and won't charge.

DogDad,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I notice my Vapor No. 2 when I use it with only the battery it gets hotter than when I use it plugged in using the same temp. I don't know if its only my unit.

My No.2 has been a very dependable unit, but does not extract the goodies from my herb like the Pinnacle Pro or the Solo.

It's a good back up vape for when the power goes out. I have 3 batteries.

When I know the weather will be bad, I make sure that the batteries are charged up.

I have dropped it on the hard floor a couple of times. It only suffered a small crack
on the battery cover on the bottom of the unit.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@DogDad If you get no power at all when plugged in, no display, lights or heat. It could be the power supply.
Have you tried using it with the 12V car jack ?

DogDad

I don't have the DC charger. When I traveled with it I use the PS and an inverter.

I guess I'll have to find a charger and see if that works but it's dead as a door nail.

DogDad,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Sorry to hear that. I know you can check the power supply with a volt meter to see if its working. beyond that I'm no help.

RUDE BOY,

CarolKing

DogDad: Do you have a head shop in your area that sells the Vapir No. 2? If you do maybe they can hook you up to their equipment to see if its the battery or the charger or the unit itself.

You may feel uncomfortable walking into a head shop. I do go but sometimes I feel that way myself.

Good luck with that.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

CarolKing

The reason the Vapir No. 2 was my first vape, I saw Vitolo online demonstrating the unit. You are a good salesperson Sir. That was a year ago.

The No. 2 is a sturdy unit and dependable. I like that it has replaceable batteries. It is a bit top heavy, if there was a little more weight on the bottom that would help. Without the battery the unit is very light.

Now I own 6 vaporizers.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Our NO2 went dead, also. However, I chalked that one up to the person we'd sold it to... our son. His relationship with electronics (even very simple ones) is troubled, to say the least.

Hubby has torn it apart in an attempt to repair. It's pretty simple inside. I don't have all the details, as he is the electronic wizard, but he's still working on it.

fauno15

So my NO2 hasn't been charging properly and I assumed since I had been having problems with the battery not charging when it was out of juice(fixed by taking it out and putting it back in again), I bought a new battery. Well it showed up yesterday and my NO2 is still not charging. So I'm hoping it's the charger and not the body that's broken. I'm going to see if there's a store in town that can sell me a new charger, but if not I kind of want to avoid buying one online. Is it possible to find a generic charger at some place like Radioshack that I could use? I guess I would look for one that's 12 or 13 volts, but I don't know what else to look for.

fauno15,
Top Bottom