• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaping with H2O

Status
Not open for further replies.

keifrichards

Shh! I'm Taping Here
Hey not looking to spark any arguments. I am an engineer and am just trying to work out in my head the effects on particulate saturation of vapor when passed through lower temperature solutions...

Its obvious that certain chemical crystals vaporize at specific elevated temperature... Given

It is also given that when said crystals lower in temperature, they fall out of a gaseous state and re crystallize as resin particulates. We all have to clean a whip right?

So:
1) Has anybody done a study on the the net loss of the chemical compounds in vapor due to passing the vapor through a cooler liquid ex bubbler or water pipe? Objectively I have to think that there is some to a noticeable loss of compound due to the quick cooling.. Do you find this to be true?

2) Do any of you reclaim the lost compound from the water through bubble bags or the like over time?

I was talking to a local shop owner who has 15 vapes, and about $100k worth of glass personally.

His opinion was that the only way to vape, based on the above thought process, was dry. He is a huge advocate of steam rolling Vape for the huge cloud. He is a big glass nut.. go figure, but is was his opinion that the loss effect was significant from experience.

I know there are many water vape converts out there. I have been a dry guy but based on so much of the talk on the forums and the what looks like well deserved hype of the Cloud Vape.. I have been toying with trying wet, but the engineer in me needs more info..

Again this thread is just to spark a conversation on peoples experiences and to see if others have answered similar questions for themselves in an effort for me to get some clarity. No right or wrongs implied..

Thanks for any input...

Keif:peace:

keifrichards,

An Ita

Just dope
I haven't done any scientifical tests unfortunately, but I quite enjoy pulling vapor through warm water.
That shit rocks.

An Ita,

Cleanfiend

My thoughts, totally subjective:

While I believe that that I notice a slight loss in potency when running my vapor through a water-pipe, the phenomenon may very well be a product of my expectations.

however, using a water-pipe allows me to take in a considerably larger volume of vapor in one breath, and this variable needs to be considered when weighing in on overall efficacy.

I use my single chamber Toro with my PD and SSV 90% of the time. As always, it comes down to users preference.

Cleanfiend,

keifrichards

Shh! I'm Taping Here
Thanks for the response... I gues I just have to try it out

Any more :2c: ?

would love to here from SM or others deep in the Wet vape world... thanks

:-)

Keif

keifrichards,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ive never noticed any difference to be honest, i like water because it allows for longer inhales like cleanfeind said. i think getting more thc into the bloodstream and across the blood brain barrier all at one definately changes the experience as well as being able to hold said vapor in longer because my lung arent being irritated by thr dry air

Acolyte of Zinglon,

caseball2051

i like using it with my waterpipe because I like using my waterpipe.

there are some members that swear by using hot water in their waterpipes. I personally have not tried that yet but plan to soon.

caseball2051,

keifrichards

Shh! I'm Taping Here
lwien said:

Thanks for the links interesting stuff. I guess its a try and see for yourself thing.

I agree with the efficiencies of the smaller bowl you talk about that is why I am not a party bowl guy. Have them for the party reason but only that. the PD bowl size looks like a personal fav..

To your why less dark brown issue with water I have an idea there..
when you hit with a complete vapor lock, like a whip or the glass sans water, you get a full vacuum pull off the herbs fast consistent air travel. When you hit hard it gets hotter with more air flow... With water in the glass you see the vape come out in bubbles.

1) This should cause a flutter effect to the air being drawn,
2) The force of your pull at your mouth is reduced by the distance and the drag of the water, Thermo dynamics, effectively giving less drag over the herbs as well. so combined seeing less colored ABV stands to reason... If you back a bat and hit it hard it ends up in your mouth. the same one hit through a bong goes slow and steady..

my :2c:

Again great threads :-)

Keif

keifrichards,

caseball2051

actually kief, I think its the opposite. The slower the draw the hotter the temperature, the faster the cooler the temperature.

I think thats where the discrepancy of AVB comes in. With waterpipe it seems that the draw may be faster than using a normal stem, creating a lighter AVB. The direct draw stem method most likely has a slower draw and that higher temp produces the darker AVB.

Clever name, by the way. I like it!

caseball2051,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
it's kinda interesting, especially if someone did a real study. My subjective experience is that it doesn't make enough difference to notice, And I wonder how much different diffusers would matter too?

I remember someone saying they drink their vapor water after every bowl. I have considered saving it, but not sure I'm willing to go that far.

The water makes it more enjoyable, in my mind. So I basically always use it.

rabblerouser,

keifrichards

Shh! I'm Taping Here
caseball2051 said:
actually kief, I think its the opposite. The slower the draw the hotter the temperature, the faster the cooler the temperature.

I think thats where the discrepancy of AVB comes in. With waterpipe it seems that the draw may be faster than using a normal stem, creating a lighter AVB. The direct draw stem method most likely has a slower draw and that higher temp produces the darker AVB.

Clever name, by the way. I like it!

Slap my ass and call me sally ;-)

I was saying that because the more air flow over flame the hotter the flame but the isn't flame..

I'll think some more on it... but I would bet it has to do with the consistency and force (power) of the air flow. Maybe it is faster do to the reduction of tube size from mouth to tube to stem and a thermodynamic increase of force due to pressure. You might be taking in less air as you draw but you are adding forces which when funneled down will create more speed at the bowl end. There is an increase of force at the business end for sure.. It s like the old Electrolux sales guys trick when he picks up a bowling ball with the hose.. not that means it picks up dirt any better LOL..

When you take your garden hose and open full force and the hose just blurbs out water with no force but if you put your thumb over the hose end it sprays faster but less.. so conversely when you draw through the smaller end while using a bigger or more forceful opening you will draw faster through the smaller end...

And you thought I couldn't convince myself I'm right ROFL :-) Just give me enough rope ;-)

Interesting problem. Going to call a thermodynamics Engg friend and see what he thinks

keifrichards,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom