farscaper

91 iso has been my solvent of choice as of late. Aside my new solo my vapor worries have been nil. But I still think the hemp is a better choice... Suggestions on where u all found urs.. Provided you liked that brand of fiber

farscaper,

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
This has been an interesting and enlightening thread.
Thanx to all those who've contributed.

I decided to pick up some degummed hemp fibre for a couple of uses:
1) Vapor filter/reclaim catch. With my DBV I am probably going to put some in the end of the wand just before the tubing. When I get a Cloud EVO I will probably put it in the cloudbuddy.
2) Gonna try some as the bottom layer in my carbon filter. Just as an added layer of filtration, in addition to the carbon, for when I feel the need to engage in that disgusting habit of combustion :p
I see McFinn's sells organic cotton for this purpose so the hemp fibers should work equally well.

Should be interesting stuff to play with.

If anyone in Australia is having trouble sourcing I ordered mine here:
http://www.ecofilling.com/#/shop/4574909586/Hemp-Fibre-Fill/5231780
$35au delivered for 500g.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Long-term cotton :)

3t2lUn0.jpg

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I had gotten a gram of rubbed hash, so was trying to find the best way to use it, and tried using the organic cotton for a pad, and pressing a seriously thin disc of hash to just fit in my ENano straight tube.

That did not work well. I played with how much cotton, and ended up with a very small amount, but still had a lot of draw resistance.

Maybe hash would work better in little pieces on it? Anyone have alternate suggestions?

Enchantre,

John Lewus

Has anyone considered using a carbon filter instead of hemp? I have been looking at this http://www.ioffer.com/i/18mm-glass-carbon-filter-made-in-oregon-usa-23-206876818 and was wondering if you could reclaim from carbon and if that would help? I was never a combuster so I have done little to no research on this if this is a bad idea or not.

I am thinking to contact this Oregon Mike to have him make me the same thing as above but inverted so that the pinch is on the female side so when I suck into my hydratube it pulls the hemp up to the pinch to hold in place.

I could either get one with carbon already or get one made the way I think works best for hemp fiber. Thoughts?

John Lewus,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I have recently been placing a small amount of concentrate (wax, hash, or oil) in a shot glass and then dissolving it with a tiny bit of grain alcohol (everclear) until it is broken up and in solution. I then take a bit of hemp fiber sized for my intended roasting chamber, work it into a ball and drop it into the solution. The hemp fiber will soak up the solution uniformly and the fiber will be evenly coated when the alcohol evaporates. I hang the hemp ball to dry on the end of a bamboo skewer resting on the rim of a cup. The hemp ball is easy to handle when dry and roasts very well.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
That sounds like an excellent idea, Alan. :tup:

Going to give that a try or some variation of it in the near future.:)

Shrike,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Has anyone considered using a carbon filter instead of hemp? I have been looking at this http://www.ioffer.com/i/18mm-glass-carbon-filter-made-in-oregon-usa-23-206876818 and was wondering if you could reclaim from carbon and if that would help? I was never a combuster so I have done little to no research on this if this is a bad idea or not.

I am thinking to contact this Oregon Mike to have him make me the same thing as above but inverted so that the pinch is on the female side so when I suck into my hydratube it pulls the hemp up to the pinch to hold in place.

I could either get one with carbon already or get one made the way I think works best for hemp fiber. Thoughts?

am I having deja vu or have we talked about this one already? was it here or in the sublimator thread?

John Lewus

I thought I had asked something similar too. I searched my posts and it was on the previous page of this thread. Oooops :) The comment was that reclaiming off of the charcoal would be bad.

I am going to get this anyway and get one of each configuration. Oregon Mike contacted me back and he can make one with the glass pinches at the female joint and another at the male joint. That way I can go either way with a hydratube or another glass piece inverted.

I get annoyed having to remove the hemp filter from the Hydratube and keeping it from getting sucked up. The metal screen became more of a pain in the butt to deal with when cleaning than it was worth. Also, having the hemp fiber right at the hydratube intake was causing it to get hot and start smoking just from that. It made my hits harsher. Using a glass piece like this will let the hemp fiber be a bit further from the hot air coming out of the cloud.

John Lewus

This muthafucka's high!

Ha I wish. I am working from home now and completely sober when I wrote this. I think I actually function better high. Normally my brain is racing from though to thought to thought so fast that I often start tasks, get half way through, and then start another task. Sometimes I end up with 20 web pages half read or 20 emails half written. When I vape I get calm and can sit and focus on one thing at a time and just crank through items.

John Lewus

I got my new glass adapters today. I got one with the glass pinches at the female end and one at the male. I tried the carbon and that was a HUGE mistake. I did not put anything over the top and a bunch of little carbon bits got sucked up into my Hydratube and I have yet been able to shake it or wash it out :( I might have to do some kind of long thin easily bendable metal piece to get it. :\ I also coughed like a MoFo through the carbon. I don't know if it was worse than usually but I did not like it.

I used the other adapter inverted for the hemp to stick to the top and that worked great! This is much better than having it in the Hydratube because it wants to get sucked up in there and it is too close to the heat source so it gets warm and smells up my herb. Here are some pics. Enjoy.

c2MGaKH.jpg

J2Qz0XV.jpg

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I would think that, like carbon water filters, it would need some form of rinsing first to remove all the dust?

Alan, your idea is brilliant. Also, everyone else. I got a bit of wrong info SOMEWHERE (who knows where), and you all make perfect sense! I'll change my game plan immediately. :)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@John Lewus

that is going to work wonderfully for you. that is about the placement for me with the dry tube and I love vaping that filter!

now if you vape it sooner than the goopy one (that was you, yes?), let me know what you think!

farscaper

Try using water presdure to flush the carbon out. Strat with a sprayer from a kitchen sink or shower... If that doesnt dislodge it maybe a garden hose? However you do it I think flow speed is really the key. Faster the better... Flush that shit!
I got my new glass adapters today. I got one with the glass pinches at the female end and one at the male. I tried the carbon and that was a HUGE mistake. I did not put anything over the top and a bunch of little carbon bits got sucked up into my Hydratube and I have yet been able to shake it or wash it out :( I might have to do some kind of long thin easily bendable metal piece to get it. :\ I also coughed like a MoFo through the carbon. I don't know if it was worse than usually but I did not like it.

I used the other adapter inverted for the hemp to stick to the top and that worked great! This is much better than having it in the Hydratube because it wants to get sucked up in there and it is too close to the heat source so it gets warm and smells up my herb. Here are some pics. Enjoy.

c2MGaKH.jpg

J2Qz0XV.jpg

farscaper,

John Lewus

@John Lewus

that is going to work wonderfully for you. that is about the placement for me with the dry tube and I love vaping that filter!

now if you vape it sooner than the goopy one (that was you, yes?), let me know what you think!

You are right about that! These were the smoothest hits yet and I hardly coughed which is huge for me. Having the hemp a bit further from the clouds male joint has made a big difference. Instead of hot vapor hitting the filter it is only warm and I think that helps the filter capture a bit more of the harshness. The other benefit is that it is separate from the hydratube so I can clean them separately and don't have to keep pulling the hemp filter out of the hydratube which in itself was a bit messy. I am one happy camper.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Okay... I did the dissolve in everclear thing, soaked it up with a small wad of organic cotton ball, stuck on a sharp pokey thing until dry (actually, did it last night, left it until tonight), and then put it in my GonG.

That works. Yup. Thanks!!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Alright kids, time for the dreaded progress report!

Switched cottons because I could see the cannabinoid oil beads through the downstem bubble :D I was thinking... If I get enough of these, maybe I could make a super tincture? Should be as easy as soaking in alcohol and drinking...

XoHeCcu.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Alright kids, time for the dreaded progress report!

Switched cottons because I could see the cannabinoid oil beads through the downstem bubble :D I was thinking... If I get enough of these, maybe I could make a super tincture? Should be as easy as soaking in alcohol and drinking...

guinness-brilliant.jpeg

Top Bottom