MinnBobber

Just ordered 1oz
Is that a lot?
Thanks for reply
Did you order a "fluffy hunk" of it or pic below?

il_570xN.217818828.jpg

I've used a "fluffy hunk" --it's puffy like cotton and you pull off what you need.
What did you order? The hemp fiber link that someone posted (above pic) looks
more like twine/woven consistency where it appears you'd have to "deconstruct" it
to use in vaping. It looks too thick/dense but maybe it would work????

little maggie

I ordered from the link
Please post after you've tried it. I've looked around the internet at degummed hemp and the sliver you ordered looks different from the other degummed hemp and appears to be threads that can be used for knitting. The problem with buying the fluffy kind that can be used as stuffing is that I've only seen it sold in huge quantities for about $30. It's not the cost that's the problem but the quantity.

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
Tried to order but no option for uk
I wasn't going to, will see what other is like
I just googled ungummed hemp sliver and found it sold elsewhere with a discription says it is untwisted fibres used for blending spinning etc so looks good

Last edited:
peterpiper,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Grim Chiclets

Being someone who rebuilds coils/wicks for a couple e-cig atomizers regularly; I find Japanese cotton to be my preferred with vaping- although I'd suppose hemp fiber would be perfect.

organic weed

Hello Folks
I've been through some pages of this thread but I couldn't really catch the essence of why using cotton in the mouth piece or air flow passage of vaporizers? Somebody says to avoid the larger resin bubbles (why should that be a problem?), but other that, what's for? I couldn't really get it...

organic weed,

AdmiralAlpacha

Hello Folks
I've been through some pages of this thread but I couldn't really catch the essence of why using cotton in the mouth piece or air flow passage of vaporizers? Somebody says to avoid the larger resin bubbles (why should that be a problem?), but other that, what's for? I couldn't really get it...

Seems to smooth out the hit for me considerably.

virtualpurple

Hello Folks

I like to use the degummed hemp fiber to collect the oils that would otherwise gunk up my glass adapters. When it looks sufficiently oily I load it into my Herbie or Ascent and vape off the oils.

I did make the mistake of putting it into a glass adapter with my EVO though. It restricted the airflow too much and caused me to combust. I had to toss the whip and soak my glass a good long while to clean that up.

MinnBobber

Hello Folks
I only can speak for my use of degummed hemp fiber.
When analyzing the reclaim in my bubbler or hydratube, I noticed it had tiny particles in it, it was not pure resin. Concluded that these tiny pieces of herbage would also be coming thru a mouthpiece or a whip into your mouth and possibly farther (throat/ lungs)??

With a hemp thin filter, the reclaim quantity is less (fiber catches some resin) and the reclaim quality is MUCH better. It is like a pure golden resin without all the tiny embedded "plant material".

The water piece also stays much cleaner in general. I'd say pieces go 5 X longer without needing a cleaning.
And nothing goes to waste as when the hemp filter gets too "dirty", vape it all up---put the hemp filter in the miniVAP or Herbie chamber at 445 F and get some freebies.

John Lewus

When analyzing the reclaim in my bubbler or hydratube, I noticed it had tiny particles in it, it was not pure resin. Concluded that these tiny pieces of herbage would also be coming thru a mouthpiece or a whip into your mouth and possibly farther (throat/ lungs)??

With a hemp thin filter, the reclaim quantity is less (fiber catches some resin) and the reclaim quality is MUCH better. It is like a pure golden resin without all the tiny embedded "plant material".

The water piece also stays much cleaner in general. I'd say pieces go 5 X longer without needing a cleaning.
And nothing goes to waste as when the hemp filter gets too "dirty", vape it all up---put the hemp filter in the miniVAP or Herbie chamber at 445 F and get some freebies.

Agree 100% I am looking for a better use of my hemp fiber reclaims. I was vaping them off but those first 2 or 3 hits, although strong, are very harsh and irritate my throat.

MinnBobber

Agree 100% I am looking for a better use of my hemp fiber reclaims. I was vaping them off but those first 2 or 3 hits, although strong, are very harsh and irritate my throat.
Yea, that hemp fiber reclaim flavor is nothing to write home about .
I always vape the reclaim thru water and flavor is "blah" but not horrible.

Next time I'm thinking of sending it thru two hydratubes with my @Ratchett "bong"adapter ;)
A second hydratube could mate with the adpater, instead of the pictured OGB glass mouthpiece.
It's worth an experiment.....

3D%203%20mp.jpg

organic weed

@MinnBobber and others great thanx.... In my Mighty I always use the screen. Would that be a similar protection?

I have been vaping thought Volcano also and I haven't noticed any particle... Would that be a concern also with Volcano?

What about using a very fine screen and put it in the way path as an additional filtration layer? Would that work as well as the cotton/hemp fiber?

organic weed,

Harmoniousliving

Yea, that hemp fiber reclaim flavor is nothing to write home about .
I always vape the reclaim thru water and flavor is "blah" but not horrible.

Next time I'm thinking of sending it thru two hydratubes with my @Ratchett "bong"adapter ;)
A second hydratube could mate with the adpater, instead of the pictured OGB glass mouthpiece.
It's worth an experiment.....

3D%203%20mp.jpg
That plug looks sweet !! I too enjoy stacking pieces and such. Do you have a link to that exact size?

John Lewus

@MinnBobber and others great thanx.... In my Mighty I always use the screen. Would that be a similar protection?

I have been vaping thought Volcano also and I haven't noticed any particle... Would that be a concern also with Volcano?

What about using a very fine screen and put it in the way path as an additional filtration layer? Would that work as well as the cotton/hemp fiber?

If you want to vape the reclaim the hemp/cotton filters are easier to work with as they are more malleable. The screens are ok and work somewhat.

MinnBobber

AJS

Calm Consistency
hey everyone, found this on an E-Cig store or something, wondering if anyone has any experience with this company
http://www.electroniccigarettelife.com.au/shop/hemp-fibre-degummed-natural
Also have organic Japanese cotton:
http://www.electroniccigarettelife.com.au/shop/kendo-vape-cotton

With the De-gummed hemp fibre, it says cleaning is highly recommended before use.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Definitely looking to purchase the hemp, as it's only $5 and I don't have to deal with bulk...but only if it's safe.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I never revape my hemp fiber. I just throw it out. It looks and feels "gross". Should i really give it a run in Herbalizer or Zion instead?

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: SteamfunQ

MinnBobber

I never revape my hemp fiber. I just throw it out. It looks and feels "gross". Should i really give it a run in Herbalizer or Zion instead?
The hemp fiber may look and feel gross but it is packed with goodies.
I vape it at 445 F in Herbie, thru a water piece with more water than my usual low amount. It has a blah taste, not bad, but certainly not great like a flower.

If I grew my own/had a big stash, I might pass on it but it provides a session so I hate to let it go to waste.
I'd suggest trying it and then decide if it's worth it to you.

John Lewus

The hemp fiber may look and feel gross but it is packed with goodies.
I vape it at 445 F in Herbie, thru a water piece with more water than my usual low amount. It has a blah taste, not bad, but certainly not great like a flower.

If I grew my own/had a big stash, I might pass on it but it provides a session so I hate to let it go to waste.
I'd suggest trying it and then decide if it's worth it to you.

The biggest hits I can get out of my Herbalizer are with dirty hemp fibers. The oil buildup is so evenly distributed that it just kicks butt! I have been put to the floor before.

The taste is meh but passable. It is kind of like a spent oil hit that lost the terpenes. Sometimes I throw a bit of propolis (dried bee hive) to flavor it up and provide some antibacterial vaping to my lungs.

hey everyone, found this on an E-Cig store or something, wondering if anyone has any experience with this company
http://www.electroniccigarettelife.com.au/shop/hemp-fibre-degummed-natural
Also have organic Japanese cotton:
http://www.electroniccigarettelife.com.au/shop/kendo-vape-cotton

With the De-gummed hemp fibre, it says cleaning is highly recommended before use.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Definitely looking to purchase the hemp, as it's only $5 and I don't have to deal with bulk...but only if it's safe.

I am a bit concerned about this statement. I bought a huge amount of degummed hemp fiber but never clean it. I wonder how "safe" it is. What exactly do they mean by cleaning? Run it under water? Wash in washing machine?

MinnBobber

I am a bit concerned about this statement. I bought a huge amount of degummed hemp fiber but never clean it. I wonder how "safe" it is. What exactly do they mean by cleaning? Run it under water? Wash in washing machine?
I thought it weird too that they said hemp fiber should be cleaned first. What was the intended purpose of that hemp fiber, something in an e-cig piece?
Have never seen that before. I thought hemp fiber was cleaned in the degumming process???

Top Bottom