Vaping vs. tincture/green dragon

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Lol, you're on a vaporizing forum my friend :cool:

Having said that, I've never tried a tincture like that. Someday.

aznfknpride,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Instinct said:
Responses from people who've done both only please
lol I've done both so hopefully I qualify ;) I prefer vaping. Ultimatly Green Dragon is kind of like eating. Tritation is important (dosage) and once you've taking it , it's strap in and enjoy the ride cause once you can't become unstoned. I'd rather vape and know where I am going and how long the ride is going to be. Most of the time with GD or eating for that matter I wake up the next day still feeling heavy/stoned, going to work looking like a zombie before I've had a coffee. And if you don't have a good tolerance you better hope you get the dosage right or you'll be flying into unknown territory good or bad lol.

Skunkypete,

Instinct

Skunkypete said:
Instinct said:
lol I've done both so hopefully I qualify ;) I prefer vaping. Ultimatly Green Dragon is kind of like eating. Tritation is important (dosage) and once you've taking it , it's strap in and enjoy the ride cause once you can't become unstoned. I'd rather vape and know where I am going and how long the ride is going to be. Most of the time with GD or eating for that matter I wake up the next day still feeling heavy/stoned, going to work looking like a zombie before I've had a coffee. And if you don't have a good tolerance you better hope you get the dosage right or you'll be flying into unknown territory good or bad lol.
lol yes you qualify, thanks for sharing. Have you seen Run From the Cure? If not there's the link, it's a documentary by a guy named Rick Simpson in Canada who discovered that taking hash oil (which he calls 'hemp oil') by swallowing it and taking it like a vitamin can cure cancer and most diseases if you take enough. He says that smoking and vaping don't do this even though they are beneficial but not to the extent of taking hash oil this way. So that got me wondering about digesting cannabis in general, if it works with hash oil why wouldn't this work with edibles? And then better yet would be tincture or green dragon, whatever it's called, because you don't have to consume fat with it unlike butter and cooking oil. I also was told on another cannabis forum that it only takes like 5-10 minutes to work unlike edibles. What some people do is they put it in a spray bottle or dropper and take only like a drop or a few sprays under their tongue.

Maybe this isn't the best place to discuss this since it is a vaporizer-centered forum but since it's called 'fuck combustion' I thought it might be worth asking.

Instinct,

digglover

Skunkypete said:
Instinct said:
I haven't tried Green Dragon. But your bit about "strapping in" reminds me of the most horrible drug experience I've ever had.

Yesterday before work (I sell hot dogs at home depot) I took 4 THC pills I made. I had taken the other 8 I made the week before and they didn't do anything so I figured fuck it. Anyway in 3 hours I had a very mild high and felt good. I ate some leftover steak for lunch and I began to trip kinda hard. It was easily the most intense body high I'd gotten. I was spinning and couldn't concentrate. My stromach felt like a rollercoaster. I was WASTED.

It was then that I realized my steak I had eaten was rotten. I puked up my guts into an orange home depot bucket. That sobered me up pretty quick. I cleaned up and for the rest of the day I was nodding in and out at work.

Holy Shit. That was a bad experience. Lesson learned.

digglover,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Instinct said:
I also was told on another cannabis forum that it only takes like 5-10 minutes to work unlike edibles. What some people do is they put it in a spray bottle or dropper and take only like a drop or a few sprays under their tongue.
IMO you do feel GD much faster then other edibles. Couple droppers in a glass of beer and you'll be feeling something pronto. Most of my info about GD and the recipe I use came from Master Wu on another forum. The thread is here . I do recommend reading the other post he made in the thread since he kind of amends a couple thing he says in the first post.

I've yet to try make it with AVB. I would imagine it would be a lot more couch locky if it's anything like AVB cannabutter.

Thanks for the link , looks interesting. I do believe part of the reason I manage to keep looking young is my herb consumption. How sad is it to think that something that has so much potential can be kept away from the people who need it so a few corporations can make more money from people's misery.

Skunkypete,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Skunkypete said:
[/quote=Instinct]I've yet to try make it with AVB. I would imagine it would be a lot more couch locky if it's anything like AVB cannabutter.
When I've got enough duff saved up, i have a plan to make a batch. The plan is to keep it in the alcohol for a whole month (in the dark) before draining the duff off. Then Im going to evaporate the alchol away over a few days. Maybe even heat it carefully to get it more into an oil.

As for the question, overall i prefer vaping to tincture.

I would still prefer to get a thick oil than a liquid. It can be smoked as well, when i'm in that kind of mood.

Happycamper,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Personally I don't prefer tincture (have yet too make any that I would consider strong enough, although they have been too strong for others)
I prefer too do a quick wash of my ABV then evaporate it into oil.
reason I prefer quick wash is that ISO and grain alcohol also will pull out the chlorophyll and other things other than the TCH the longer you leave it in... so a thirty second wash for somewhat clean.
a quick wash can give you nice oil.... if you leave it in for long periods of time your going too have alot of plant material in the mix too (its what turns the tincture green) besides THC... if your looking too make oil you can use... I would recommend a quick wash over soaking for long periods of time.
either that or use a solvent that only pulls out the THC such as Hexane or butane... (have used both, bit of a fire hazard, but less unwanted material in your mix)
ive gotten used too making oil, instead of using ABV in my cooking. I make oil in known amounts and add it too my cooking oils and butters, makes it alot esier on me.... id rather stockpile oil and add it too things than go though all the other steps of making butter or cooking oil. much easier too heat up a known amount of oil and add it too my recipes. Works for me.
that and I dont like tinctures because I dont like consuming alcohol (all the tinctures I have tried I have felt the alcohol used as a base, and I dont care for that feeling anymore)

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom