Vaping to fall back asleep

randybishop

I too have a sleep problem, for some reason I start obsessing about stupid stuff when I try to go to sleep. A couple of vape hits are great to calm my mind and get into sleep mode. :)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I often have trouble sleeping, which is a big problem since a lack of sleep can really throw my health issues out of whack. I find that if I load up my volcano with duff and vape it on high, it knocks me right out. Tastes horrible and you will need to water filter, but it's like a hit to the head with the sleep hammer.

I do almost the same. Pretty much always follow this practice.

During the daytime, vape with EQ at 175C.... If Solo, on L2. Then stash the partially expended product. Repeat as needed.

By night time, I have built up enough supply for my before bed run. Solely using the EQ, from temp anywhere from 200C to 230C, I revape the partially expended product from the daytime sessions. This hits me like a hammer and sleep follows very quickly.

Maintenance: should I awaken during the evening, Solo by the side of the bed, cranked to L7 and a few draws and it's back to dreamland.

I love adjustable temp vapes!!!! :rockon:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I do almost the same. Pretty much always follow this practice.

During the daytime, vape with EQ at 175C.... If Solo, on L2. Then stash the partially expended product. Repeat as needed.

By night time, I have built up enough supply for my before bed run. Solely using the EQ, from temp anywhere from 200C to 230C, I revape the partially expended product from the daytime sessions. This hits me like a hammer and sleep follows very quickly.

Maintenance: should I awaken during the evening, Solo by the side of the bed, cranked to L7 and a few draws and it's back to dreamland.

I love adjustable temp vapes!!!! :rockon:
Sleep?
I have very bad insomnia!
AMBIEN C made me sleep walk.
I have lime stone floors and they hurt when you fall on them.

GDP (Grand Daddy Purple) I love.
I have morning NAUSEA as well.
Lately I wake & vake to INDICAS and it works wells.
The INDICA I have taste amazing however if I have more than a stem I get headaches. (sucks because I like the flavor and effect apart from the negatives)
I'm open to what works for you and I will try it!

The all time best strain during the day is GSC.
I'm getting this next time and in fact I will grow it!

ataxian,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Sleep?
I have very bad insomnia!
AMBIEN C made me sleep walk.
I have lime stone floors and they hurt when you fall on them.

I have morning NAUSEA as well.
Lately I wake & vake to INDICAS and it works wells.
The INDICA I have taste amazing however if I have more than a stem I get headaches. (sucks because I like the flavor and effect apart from the negatives)
I'm open to what works for you and I will try it!

I have bad insomnia as well! Lunesta and I did all sorts of stuff that I had no recollection of....

What you say about Indicas is what happens to me if I try to high-temp vape fresh herbs to get to sleep. Not with all of them, and unfortunately most of my meds are not lab tested, so trying to figure out if this is strain dependent, or more the quantity of THC in a particular strain (not CBD, since this doesn't happen ever no matter how much partially processed herb I vape to get to sleep. The more that's vaped, the closer to out cold I become, but never a headache) .

Good Luck ataxian! :tup:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have bad insomnia as well! Lunesta and I did all sorts of stuff that I had no recollection of....

What you say about Indicas is what happens to me if I try to high-temp vape fresh herbs to get to sleep. Not with all of them, and unfortunately most of my meds are not lab tested, so trying to figure out if this is strain dependent, or more the quantity of THC in a particular strain (not CBD, since this doesn't happen ever no matter how much partially processed herb I vape to get to sleep. The more that's vaped, the closer to out cold I become, but never a headache) .

Good Luck ataxian! :tup:
GDP doesn't give me a headache!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Lunesta gave me a metallic taste in my mouth. Ambien put me down like a sick cow but apparently I would get up in the middle and eat full on meals.

Part of my evening arrangement of goodies includes 200 milligrams of Trazadone.

Wow! Just read this! Fricking INSANE I tell ya!

========================
Take trazodone exactly as prescribed by your local wino. Follow all erections on your prescription label. Your shaman priest may occasionally alter your dose (or your perception of reality), or slip you a Mickey, to make sure you get the best results. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller rooms or for schlonger than recummended.

Take the extendo-releaso (Oleptro-o) tableto on an empty stomacho at el bedtime, unless your nurse tells you otherwise.

Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Stuff it in your belly button whole. Then, using your hands, make a mouth shape out of your belly button and move hands in a chewing motion to better absorb the pill.

It may take up to 2 milenium before your bowl shots improve. Keep using the stairmaster as directed and tell your tax consultant if your moustache does not improve.

Do not stop using trazodone ever, as the guy who invented it is still paying off the patent and R&D costs. Ask your caterer how to safely prepare "trazodone under glass".

Store at room temperature away from belly button moisture, arm pit heat, and reflected off a large hillbilly's butt light.
========================

Now, on a serious note..... Wait.... :bang: I got nuthin! :ko:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Yeah, GDP makes me go nighty night pretty quickly, too.
MCQfrUB.gif

:peace:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I love GDP and as such I can honestly say thats a damn lie!
I'm getting some GPD next week.

I was having a weird one with these 2 strains: JC OG (INDICA) / CACTUS COOLER (HYBRID) Both tastes like Oranges and Pineapple. One puts me to sleep while the other gives me energy! Today I mixed them & I love it!
7VUGD7k.jpg

California Saturday Afternoon!

Caligula

Maximus
Nice! Im vaping on some GSC right now as per your earlier recommendation! I must say its producing massive cloud from my Solo at heat level 3! Ill try to nab a quick video.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nice! Im vaping on some GSC right now as per your earlier recommendation! I must say its producing massive cloud from my Solo at heat level 3! Ill try to nab a quick video.
Thank you for the reminder!
I'm completely out of GSC's.

Ok 1/2 Oscar of each!

GDP/GSC = OSCAR

PAPAYA is good too!
http://www.weedpad.com/marijuana/strain-reviews/indica-dominant/papaya-marijuana-strain-review.php
My friend, then GDP will be in my next replenishment!

Would be awesome as a standby for when I'm unable to prepare 1/2 process herbs during the daytime, but still needed a good product to sleep by!

Thank you for the advice! :clap:
Theorectically this hybrid (DUTCH TREAT crossed with JACK HERER.
This better work!
A few more weeks!
GDP in the meantime.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Blackberry Kush and Earth OG are two of my go-to strains for sleep. Pre98 Bubba Kush is pretty good too!
The BRICK & MORTAR Dispensary that is near me has EARTH OG.
I will get some tomorrow or Monday. Thank you for the recommendation!

The JC OG taste amazing however for me it's not a sleep strain!

goatgobaahh

Hate that feeling when you live in non legal state and you get a oz of "mystery herbs" that turns out to be some serious sativa

Now I can never sleep yay!! Honestly until I got another strain I was considering stopping vaping it was so bad.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hate that feeling when you live in non legal state and you get a oz of some serious sativa

Now I can never sleep yay!! Honestly until I got another strain I was considering stopping vaping it was so bad.

I get strains I hate all the time and I live in a semi legal state.
I would get OZS then 1/2's now 1/4's.
Grow your own that you like!
GDP, DUTCH TREAT, GIRL SCOUT COOKIES, YODA I love.

When I try other stuff I suffer.

WHITE WIDOW I had a OZ once that was good until I vaped the last nugget.

CACTUS COOLER (HYBRID) was my favorite until the last time I got it I was paranoid! So I grow my own to control the out come.

This YODA I have is really nice however I only have about 4 grams left. It's a pure indica so night time only for this one.

GSC (GIRL SCOUT COOKIES) is my favorite day time strain.

Sativa are freaking me out!
Loved them when I was young.
Indica has to be in the cross these days.

Go for HYBRIDS!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hate that feeling when you live in non legal state and you get a oz of "mystery herbs" that turns out to be some serious sativa

It really is kind of a bummer that, for us in non-mj friendly environs, it is rare when there is any choice of strains. You (I) get what is available and pay what it costs. And for fear of running out larger quantities are usually bought which lead to tolerance issues. Sadly I won't be moving to CO until I am ready to retire, which doesn't look like anytime soon...
So, guys, appreciate the element of choice that you enjoy.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It really is kind of a bummer that, for us in non-mj friendly environs, it is rare when there is any choice of strains. You (I) get what is available and pay what it costs. And for fear of running out larger quantities are usually bought which lead to tolerance issues. Sadly I won't be moving to CO until I am ready to retire, which doesn't look like anytime soon...
So, guys, appreciate the element of choice that you enjoy.
Can you grow in a closet?
Hydroponic?

ataxian,
Reactions: grokit

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have considered it, but I don't really have a closet big enough that I can do without. Nor do I have the time to learn how to do it right. If it were legal to do here and it didn't have to be hidden it might be more possible, but that would understandably minimize the need. Yada yada yada... :(

If the feds would just take MJ off schedule 1, states would have a lot more room to experiment and legalization would spread more quickly, but they are cowards. Hopefully CO and WA should teach them a lesson. I hope they learn it quickly.

cybrguy,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have considered it, but I don't really have a closet big enough that I can do without. Nor do I have the time to learn how to do it right. If it were legal to do here and it didn't have to be hidden it might be more possible, but that would understandably minimize the need. Yada yada yada... :(

If the feds would just take MJ off schedule 1, states would have a lot more room to experiment and legalization would spread more quickly, but they are cowards. Hopefully CO and WA should teach them a lesson. I hope they learn it quickly.
I started with a small cabinet 36" x 9" x 18" with CFL lights.

My flower box turned into a 9 foot high 3' foot x 2 foot wide with a 600watt HID, A/C, Exhaust Fan, Plus ventilation.

You thought vaporizers were addicting!

It's true so much to learn!

ataxian,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom