1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaping through wood?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by little maggie, Nov 9, 2017.

1. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

I mainly use wood vapes and/or wood stems. I've read in a couple of places comments on people not wanting to have wood in the vapor path. Is there a health reason for that or is it because of taste?

almost there and Squiby like this.
  2. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

It is a mindset carried over from smoking...

At our temps, there is no health risks. When I combusted, I hated using wood for the burnt flavor, now that I vape wood is my favorite.

almost there, Squiby and muunch like this.
  3. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

the good thing about trees/wood is that 99% of the absorbed toxins during lifetime are stored in the tree bark, core wood is really clean

4. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

For using my Haze V3 @Ed's TnT wooden WPA is all that I use with it now... it adds a bit of natural wood flavor but seems to condition the vapor and feels good on the lips when using the vape without the bubbler.. I clean the tube out every now and then to get the oils out...

Ed's TnT and Squiby like this.
  5. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

I use some wood stems and accessories, but usually prefer glass/metal because they're easier to clean.

howie105, Chicken #420 and Squiby like this.
  6. Chicken #420

Chicken #420 I and I be irie, vaping with U and U in Zion mon!

The faint background "woody" flavor is why I prefer my Spalted Maple Sticky Brick Jr. over every other portable vaping solution I've ever tried. It has kind of a light "bamboo-like" flavor... really pleasant and complementary to the herb! :)

C No Ego, duff, Squiby and 1 other person like this.
  7. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

There are some woods like cedar wood which have a lot of resin ,which can be irritating for oné's respiratory system especially if he/she is allergic. http://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/wood-allergies-and-toxicity/ <=========== Here is a big list of those woods with harm potential.
    --------------------------------------
    here is a short table . I assume those with only letter D ,are good to go.
    [​IMG]

----------------
    https://www.deckwise.com/wood-allergies-and-toxicity.html just google wood toxicity .

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Xelatsok, Jill NYC, sativasam and 3 others like this.
  8. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

That list is very helpful in choosing wood. I think I have some walnut or zebrawood. My favorite is cocobolo which looks it has minimal problems.

Squiby and Abysmal Vapor like this.
  9. chris 71

chris 71 Well-Known Member

i carve a lot of wood and looked into the wood toxicity stuff a long time ago . the links Abysmal Vapor posted are some of the stuff i read in the past .

although i guess some people could be severely allergic to certain types of wood and wouldn't want to be putting a particular type that there allergic to in there mouths . for the most part its the dust that you have to watch out for , like say sanding furniture or in wood working or carving.

i just got a walnut dynastash box . walnut is known to be toxic . it is one of my favorite types of wood to carve . but its the dust that i would be careful with not really the finished product .

i have see some dynstash boxes made out of wenge which is a beautiful type of wood i have carved it too

in Africa were wenge comes from , the natives there use the bark to mash up and make a type of poison they use to catch fish . they mash it up and put it into the water and the fish are stunned and they gather them up for food . but this is the bark from what i remember reading .

there is some debate out there about spalted wood , because its a fungus that causes the wood to spalt and you might not want to be breathing in the dust from that .

if i was really worried i would maybe in the case of the stash box , weather walnut or wenge or whatever . because generally pretty much all of the exotic hardwood are considered toxic to some degree . i might use a little plastic bag when using the storage part of the stash box . other then that just blow hard through any new stems or whatever before you use them . just to make sure any dust is out . but i dont think in our case there is much to worry about unless your sanding the wood in that case were a dust mask .

Jill NYC, Squiby and snackmaster like this.
  10. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

I have actually some Jamaican dogwood tincture which is a very strong sedative and pain killer ,it is also known as dream fish ,because they use it to catch fish :)).

11. Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT Woodsman Manufacturer

Good evening, a lot of the database is for wood workers. The things to worry about are when sawing, boring, turning and sanding. For the most part.

Squiby, little maggie and Jill NYC like this.
  12. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

U only live so long, anything can kill u, enjoy it while u can lol

Chicken #420 likes this.
  13. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

I personally dislike the taste.

14. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

I've inhaled enough wood to sink a Big boat and to feed a Lot of hungry termites LOL... vinegar is still used in woods too for building purposes I can smell it when you cut it sometimes... scared to know all the industrial by products soaked into the woods I've cut over the years... Penta treated has caused the worst effects on people I've noticed.. myself included

Squiby and Ed's TnT like this.
  15. Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT Woodsman Manufacturer

IKR, remember the old man on grumpier old men, smoked ate bacon and that was still kicking I know it’s a movie but hey you can get cancer from just living and breathing air. I ain’t sweating it I do what I can when I am turning to prevent the most of it, I don’t get it all. You can’t kill bad grass and I sure as hell ain’t going to quit doing what I love!

C No Ego, howie105 and Squiby like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors