Vaping through water: Legionella

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
This place is so civil and respectful I sometimes I forget I'm on the Internet :)
:rockon:Always comfortable giving my 2 cents worth here. Internet? Back in my day, we had to use dial-up on a modem to some hobbyists' home computer to have this type of conversation.:myday:
Glad to see civil conversation making a come back! Maybe it will become 'infectious' and spread elsewhere. :zombie:

Not that knowledgeable about Legionella. But I do own a Katadyn Vario Water Filter. I did a lot of research before buying this and only use chemicals to kill anything as a last resort. This info might be helpful to those who are too remote to have a more sophisticated/elaborate system to filter their water. More new tech is emerging for making water more potable to more remote regions. So that might be another avenue for everybody's research on the subject. :science:

With portable water filters, things like screen size/microns determine what organisms are able to pass through the filter. Mine has a carbon filter added to remove things like traces of gasoline for example. Best water I've had is from a natural spring in the Catskills Mt's. It is crisp, like biting into an apple. :drool: A local person even questioned me for filtering my water, while other thirsty fatigued hikers drank almost directly from the spring. He mention that the cysts that lived in the spring water were weak enough and would disappear from my system eventually.
"Why, I've been drinking from this spring for years." He also mentioned that it all drained into the Hudson river for even more reassurance. The Hudson river flows to NYC's water supply, which surprisingly has some of the best tap water in the country. I still used my filter for my own piece of mind. ;)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Legionella is Legonaire's Disease and it can be really serious and stems from bacteria in the water. That bacteria can come from a person's faucet even. It's can be in your hot tub water or in air conditioners. Basically everything with water involved should be kept clean. It can be in your hot water tank too.:o

I think of all my friends from way back (my early 20s) using dirty bong water, I don't remember anyone getting really sick. I had a friend with Mono, but that's not the same thing - the kissing disease - I would tease her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom