Vaping Nettles for Hayfever Relief

Barefoot

Totally agree with thee Vaporonly - the advantage with Nettles for me to try was that it contains naturally occurring Antihistamines - so should take care of the allergy ;)

Well my Hayfever season is almost over - yesterday was my first 'Nettle' free day since June :D

I can report a vast decrease in symptoms - a good management system in Vaping Nettles - cheap enough using Nettle tea bags - using fresh dried Nettles (picked in the Spring and away from Pollution) basically free (if thee already have the Vapouriser).

No Bronchitis - something i always would get taking prescribed Antihistamines.

All in all - Vaping Nettles worked for me and my Hayfever - not sure what specifically i'm allergic too but hope that this thread has helped others too - and raised the awareness with the Herbalist community too!:tup:

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
i have had the sneezing fits the last couple mornings, you know where you get a tickle in nose then a rapid fire of sneezes...i'm not sure that is hayfever or what but my nettles tincture works fantastic for making the irritation and resulting sneezes go away! pretty darn fast too, much faster then an anti-his pill would work.

thank you for this thread. we are using it differently but the tincture seems to work as well just letting people know!

vaporonly,
Reactions: Barefoot

tiukauleh

guys, have anyone tried whether the nettle works without vaporizing ie if you just rub/crush the nettles in your hand and then inhale it?

tiukauleh,
Reactions: Seren

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
guys, have anyone tried whether the nettle works without vaporizing ie if you just rub/crush the nettles in your hand and then inhale it?

i haven't tried but i'm not sure that would be an effective way to release the essential oils in the plant....it's an interesting thought, i'll try the next time i get sneezes instead of the tincture i made (which works really well)

vaporonly,

jimfish4130

I decided to type hayfever into the FC search bar rather than searching google, now I'm back in my room hanging up a few nettles after giving them a good rinse.

I suffer big time from hayfever so I'm hoping this year I'll be able to leave the house and still be able to see and breath properly

jimfish4130,
Reactions: h3rbalist

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I buy Stinging Nettle Extract in capsules from Ethical Nutrients (in California), it's part of my
ammo against allergies... along with Quercitin, regular rinsing with saline spray and if necessary, break out the NetiPot.

looney2nz,
Reactions: h3rbalist

Barefoot

As it's that Hayfever time again - i thought i'd update the thread
Almost 3 years later - and the nettle vape is still working fine (me Ma lives in rural Ireland and so picking the Nettles there are near as damn it organic (rubber gloves recommended) 9 early spring (now is OK though) and hanging them to dry can keep me going (for free) for the whole summer.
This time of year, i found that vaping a bowl in the morning - then after lunch, after dinner and before bed - was enough to keep all but the odd snuffle at bay.
Height of the season - vapng as and when required again worked effectively - for me.
Minimised symptomes at worsed - and zero Bronchitis.
Hope this helps
Currently living and teaching English in China though - and don't get any symptoms of hayfever here at all - but if i head home in July - the Vape and Nettles has worked :love:

Barefoot,
Top Bottom