Vaping might have been the difference

TheGame

i've been 'combusting' materials for 15ish years until last february (when I got a PD + MFB). I'm a novice runner and I do 10K a road race (running) every 4th of July (Peachtree).

I haven't had the time to train as much as I did last year and I thought for sure I would not have bettered last years' time today. But I did, by a minute.

I'm no scientist, but I think this has something do with with vaping vs. smoking.

TheGame,

lwien

TheGame said:
i've been 'combusting' materials for 15ish years until last february (when I got a PD + MFB). I'm a novice runner and I do 10K a road race (running) every 4th of July (Peachtree).

I haven't had the time to train as much as I did last year and I thought for sure I would not have bettered last years' time today. But I did, by a minute.

I'm no scientist, but I think this has something do with with vaping vs. smoking.
Were the outside temps the same? Just 5 degrees can have a huge impact on your times.

lwien,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I have NO doubt my lung function has improved since I quit combusting. Congrats on beating your time!

Oh and thanks! My son recently told me about "the game" and now I see your username. I guess I lost lol :) Thanks!

Lo,

combusche

Lo: you may not have, since the game may refer to many things - it could refer the rapper The Game, it could refer to dating i.e "running game on her", etc. :)

combusche,

Pappy

shmaporist
I smoked reefer 45 years. A month after I began vaping my lung function improved vastly and feels better every day. And I'm old enough to be a beatnik! I think I was? :peace:

Pappy,

GanjaRunner

Pappy said:
I smoked reefer 45 years. A month after I began vaping my lung function improved vastly and feels better every day. And I'm old enough to be a beatnik! I think I was? :peace:
That's really great to hear, man! I haven't been smoking for quite as long as you, been blazin' for 33 years. Actually quit for nearly 10 as I got really into running hardcore. Even did a 100 mile trail run (only thing I'd do different next time is I'd bring my MFLB!) But got turned onto vaping and am happy that I can do both! Best of both worlds, baby.

But yeah, vaping is so much nicer on the lungs. Everything's a trade off and I'm not a competitive runner, just run for fun/fitness/awareness, but it still makes a big difference for sure.

BTW, since I've been smoking I've run a 50K trail run, a marathon and am about to run another 50K this weekend. Never felt better. Will have MFLB in tow for those "late in the race" moments :D :peace:

GanjaRunner,

max

Out to lunch
Lo said:
I have NO doubt my lung function has improved since I quit combusting.
Same here. Smoke was starting to become unacceptable to my lungs when I discovered vaporizing. I've been vaping for years now with no issues. :tup:

max,

vapirtoo

Vaping and doing anything athletic is way more satisfying than combusting.
My "wind" ,as the old runners would say , has improved since Ive been
vaping for the last 4 months. Less carbon monoxide load on the red blood
cells= better cardio. Plus the high makes long distance tolerable even
enjoyable. I'm an old sprinter :brow:

vapirtoo,
Top Bottom