• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaping made me stoner:)

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
Hello FC:)

I am still pretty new to vaping and weed in general. Before I found this forum, I rarely got high.

Late last year I decided to make the switch to vaping ejuice and it wasn't til the beginning of the year before I even knew it was possible to vape weed. Before that I rarely smoked it, unless there was a joint being passed around at a social gathering. I never liked combusting in a pipe, the smoke was often too harsh for me and the high I would get was rarely worth the cough storm and wheezing/asthma it would bring me. FUCK combustion indeed:D

Once I bought my first two vapes: the Boundless CF and the Yocan Magneto, I never looked back! Those days of me fumbling a Bic lighter, burning my fingers trying to bring the upside down flame to the bowl are long gone. The smoothness, the flavor, the quality of the high, its all so much better! The only downside is the shrinking of your bank acct that occurs when you discover a whole new world and industry of products to buy:ko:

Has anyone else here also start from a clean slate or is the transition from long time smoking true for most people?

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Simple10 Hi, I used to be a cannabis smoker. It's been 4 years since I transitioned to vaporizing. I kept seeing fuckcombustion everywhere I researched vaporizing. I wanted a healthier way to medicate. I had been a recreational weed smoker for 25+ years. With the help of folks on this site is how I stopped.

It's a cleaner high when you vaporize. I used to smoke joints and a small pipe. I used to use twice the cannabis or more. I have arthritis in my feet, low back, hands now my knees are giving me trouble. Cannabis is my medicine these days. I can no long use anti inflammatories because of the years of use.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Hello FC:)

I am still pretty new to vaping and weed in general. Before I found this forum, I rarely got high.

Late last year I decided to make the switch to vaping ejuice and it wasn't til the beginning of the year before I even knew it was possible to vape weed. Before that I rarely smoked it, unless there was a joint being passed around at a social gathering. I never liked combusting in a pipe, the smoke was often too harsh for me and the high I would get was rarely worth the cough storm and wheezing/asthma it would bring me. FUCK combustion indeed:D

Once I bought my first two vapes: the Boundless CF and the Yocan Magneto, I never looked back! Those days of me fumbling a Bic lighter, burning my fingers trying to bring the upside down flame to the bowl are long gone. The smoothness, the flavor, the quality of the high, its all so much better! The only downside is the shrinking of your bank acct that occurs when you discover a whole new world and industry of products to buy:ko:

Has anyone else here also start from a clean slate or is the transition from long time smoking true for most people?

anytime I've tried a vaporizer with a "smoke it only" person I say- this is what your herb tastes like as they take the first flavorful draw on the vape... after that they do not want to let go of it and give it back LOL!! anyway, it takes a special transition procedure to completely do the switch over to vaping but the flavors and effects make it worth it!

alixinchains

Same here. Never smoked anything in my life. Started vaping to get my wife to try it. Then I got cancer, read about how vaping cannabis could help pain, because the doctors were pumping me full of pills. Bought an LB and found better relief than anything. Almost 4 years cancer free, enjoying my dynavap M daily. Life is good over here where the grass is greener!

GetLeft

I can't deal with smoke period. And while I blamed the significant and sudden increase in the quality of the medicine that was circulating way back when for my having to step away from the game, it was most likely the smoking that did me in. Because once I got back into things many years later, just a couple of years ago, I knew smoking still wouldn't cut it for me. I went googling for vaporization info and lo and behold found this place. I started with an air, ponied up next with the nano, then jumped on board with the on-demand convection portables. Bingo. Vaping and its versatility hit the spot so magically that yes, vaping opened the door to me to use whenever I wanted. And I've found that to be quite often.

TastyClouds

Its funny because when I started using Cannabis in high school I would smoke it in the harshest ways, mostly blunts and cheap home made bongs every day. The smoke was smooth and flavorful to me back then, but that sounds so absurd to me now that I have been vaporizing for over 5 years now. I went with a Solo as my first vape after a friend let me have a sesh with his and I had about a month period where I would go back and forth between blunts and the Solo and eventually the Solo won out. I still will smoke socially but having graduated to a Mighty now, I've been spoiled rotten by potent, delicious and pure vapor and that is the new standard.

When I toke the occasional J with friends. I find myself forgetting all of the different ways smoke inconveniences me and makes my body feel like shit afterwards (shittier comedown, reeking like bud, nasty taste, etc...) but I have even noticed that many of friends are starting to prefer vaping over combusting even for a group sesh :D

C No Ego

Its funny because when I started using Cannabis in high school I would smoke it in the harshest ways, mostly blunts and cheap home made bongs every day. The smoke was smooth and flavorful to me back then, but that sounds so absurd to me now that I have been vaporizing for over 5 years now. I went with a Solo as my first vape after a friend let me have a sesh with his and I had about a month period where I would go back and forth between blunts and the Solo and eventually the Solo won out. I still will smoke socially but having graduated to a Mighty now, I've been spoiled rotten by potent, delicious and pure vapor and that is the new standard.

When I toke the occasional J with friends. I find myself forgetting all of the different ways smoke inconveniences me and makes my body feel like shit afterwards (shittier comedown, reeking like bud, nasty taste, etc...) but I have even noticed that many of friends are starting to prefer vaping over combusting even for a group sesh :D
smoking is just to heavy... vapor is lite and airy= fluffy clouds... smoke sticks to things to and make them wreak= stank ass clouds...

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I know, right? Every now and then I get the urge to burn a joint, just out of habit, but then I remember that I'd just end up sleepy and unbearably bogged down by that burnt flower body high (not to mention how I've got some real sensitive pipes).

C No Ego

I know, right? Every now and then I get the urge to burn a joint, just out of habit, but then I remember that I'd just end up sleepy and unbearably bogged down by that burnt flower body high (not to mention how I've got some real sensitive pipes).
it's that decrease in oxygen ( hold it in longer man!!) to the brain that the smokers relate to the effects... vaping seems to increase oxygen especially if the vaporist works with their breath to increase air flow.. hard to ghost a smokey,stanky hit but really easy to ghost a vapor hit maximizing oxygen :)

MegaMan2k

Hahah @mccringleberry title is ON POINT here ...

Vaping also triggered my inner stoner - been using cannabis for 10 years now, but Its Only like 8-10 months since i actually Got converted to vaping to The point where id never be able to combust again - even had The volcano just stranding for like over A year before i Got my mind determined to The Challenge ..
So it Was a hard change but def worth it since Im back to enjoying this fine herb - Point is vaping made me The perfect stoner (Not that Im just stoned 24/7 now, but vaping gives u That option to be Very stoned/High at times and completley Fresh sober when needed at least If u keep tolerance In check togethers with Only vapin)

Also worth to mention : i Was Mixing tobacco with The weed which i felt just made The whole thing so much damn worse.

Cant Thanks FC community enough for All The Nice threads with awsome info inside. Helped me out a whole bunch even tho ive just been lurking for The most part .

I can relate. I started with edibles after trying smoking and not liking it. After I got bored of edibles, I tried smoking again and kinda just tolerated it. One day my bro got a couple vapes from the local headshop, I tried them, and the rest is history. It makes my day. Nothing like coming home and vaping.

vapirtoo

Yes vaping has turned me into a ninja stoner almost 24/7.
Very little ambient residual smell and it makes social events much easier to deal with.
The high is much more enjoyable and stress free.

Last edited:

stressed

i've smoked thousands of joints and bong hits over the decades. i tried a few vaporizers but never got the hype over vaping. then i found a good vape, learned how to vape properly and i got the giggles. i haven't had the giggles since i was 16. getting them at 60 made me stop smoking weed all together.

Rebelistic

I'm not sure it's quite what the OP was asking but I'm similar to most of the recent reply's here. Used to smoke whatever weed was around, since switching to vaping I now have a collection of strains and feel more like a connoisseur.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Since starting to vape a little over a year ago, I've become a "vape snob", and can't stand the idea of combusting. I love being able to taste the different strains, and I'm amazed at how much difference there can be. Most of the folks I know that consume still combust, but hopefully this will change when they try vaping and discover a whole new world of taste.

stoneleopard

I had only smoked a handful of times when I started vaping. Then I got a bunch of nice pulls off a good sativa in a da buddha and the euphoria was like a golden ray of light from the sky.

I've never gotten quite that feeling again since, but that was the moment I knew I was consuming the flower properly.

stinkytofus

The only thing vaping cant beat combusting is the amount of vapor u get from combusting, milky

stinkytofus,

stoneleopard

keep at it...you will get that feeling again at some unknown moment in the future. It will happen again, and never forget, practice makes perfect.

:nod:

I really hope so but I wouldn't count on it being quite the same. You can never experience something for the first time again, which I think was part of it.

stoneleopard,

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
I really hope so but I wouldn't count on it being quite the same. You can never experience something for the first time again, which I think was part of it.
Ah yes, the first time! We should start a thread titled "The first time I..."

Little Bill,

esrever

Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth
After combusting for many years, vaping has increased my frequency of use due to:

1) no effect on lungs
2) no brain fog, fuzzies or spaciness the next day
3) how little herb is needed (a good buzz costs <50¢ and a few grams last forever)

Plus, there is more evidence almost daily that cannabis use is beneficial.

Ohmie

Govrnmnt fund adult circumcision & frenuloplasty!
I can't say that it made me a stoner. I came up in a strict household so I never turned down an offer from my pals and wound up smoking like a few times a day by placebo, but my health concious dad supported my switch to vaping and it's almost like that story of the dad who caught his son smoking cigs so he goes and gets him more cigarettes than he could carry. My vaporizer is my pal who always offers me weed and who would I be to turn down free stuff..a nobody. That's who!

Ohmie,
Reactions: vapirtoo
Top Bottom