• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaping intimacy and body high question

Diddy

I hope this is allowed and not wanting to cause any issues . I'm new to vaping n had just picked up a Vapexhale evo with honeycomb hydratube .. was going grab a herbie ...but didn't ...although was tempted to get both ... I figure if I'm going to do this I might as well get a desk top of better quality .. and go for a convection ...my question is I used herb with intimacy just saying it gets me in the mood more and make well certain things more intense .. enough said ... I also love hybrids head and body highs .. at night I really enjoy the couch ones ... I really enjoy I guess some would say the foggy head body type .. anyways I'm hearing that vaping is like more of a up type high like clear headed or something ? I'm just concern I have this 400 vape kit coming that might end up not being something I'm used to and afraid I won't enjoy what I enjoy about herb right now except for the breathing issue ...

KC2K

I don't have the cape you have, instead I use a Mighty and a VapCap Ti Woody S. Yes things can be a little difference but it should not effect the 'mood' and you should be able to get the high's your craving. From my own experience you need to get the right vape for you, for example, the Mighty is exceptionally smooth, very little air resistance and can creep up on you. The VapCap on the other hand is much more like a doob or perhaps a pipe. Its a noticeably harder and more immediate hit and coming from a doob smoking background, much closer to what I'm used to.

As has been said, there can be an adjustment phase. Don't give up after a couple of days because in the end it will truly be worth it!

Enjoy!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
It's different, yet familiar. Some find the way a vapor high makes them feel is not as good in some way as a smoking high. But I think most of those people tried a weak ass vaporizer, not a bitchin' beast that will knock you on your ass.

As long as you can make it work, the Evo will hit you hard enough that you will like it if you like getting high.

I suggest you wait to buy a second vaporizer until you use this one a while. You'll have a better understanding of what you are looking for. For instance, you might get tired of waiting for it to warm up when you wish to use it. You might want a smaller bowl size. Maybe even portability. Maybe you want a ritual that more closely mimicks smoking. Who knows. But you will know.

Don't fret too much. The Evo is bad to the Bone Thugs and Harmony

Last edited:

NoRefunds

Cash Only
I hope this is allowed and not wanting to cause any issues . I'm new to vaping n had just picked up a Vapexhale evo with honeycomb hydratube .. was going grab a herbie ...but didn't ...although was tempted to get both ... I figure if I'm going to do this I might as well get a desk top of better quality .. and go for a convection ...my question is I used herb with intimacy just saying it gets me in the mood more and make well certain things more intense .. enough said ... I also love hybrids head and body highs .. at night I really enjoy the couch ones ... I really enjoy I guess some would say the foggy head body type .. anyways I'm hearing that vaping is like more of a up type high like clear headed or something ? I'm just concern I have this 400 vape kit coming that might end up not being something I'm used to and afraid I won't enjoy what I enjoy about herb right now except for the breathing issue ...

I'm in the same boat as I enjoy the body high more for relaxation after work. All I can say is there is a small learning curve to reach efficiency and your goals.

Best part of vaping besides the saving from using less herb is when you're ready for that good fuzzy body buzz you can make edibles from your AVB.

Don't expect instant gratification until you've warmed up to the technique and I'm sure you will enjoy your transition.

Also like to add even though I enjoy a good body buzz I love vaping low temps in the morning on my days off, it's a wake and bake minus the groggy couch lock so you can actually focus and get things done.

Tldt; vaping is the scenic route, combustion is driving off the cliff. And vaping won't mess with the intimacy side it might just increase it, the increased blood flow is there along with euphoria of a head high, minus the couch lock will help things out.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

Of course the strain and quality of your material will have the most significant effect. That said, the vape - and your technique - can make a real positive difference in the experience too.

I've used the EVO and its predecessor the Cloud, both since beta. The EVO is a top-of-the-line vape, but give yourself a little time to learn the temp setting(s) you will enjoy best with your material and to dial in your own vaping technique. Don't be hesitant to experiment, or to ask questions on the EVO thread.

I understand very well your intensity reference. That's not uncommon, btw. My wife of 30 years and I particularly enjoy the flowers we have, with the EVO. The EVO definitely enhanced our experience compared to my previous vapes not to speak of combustion.

It's true that you may at first feel a little difference if you are new to vaping and have been using the flame until now. The process of combustion creates by-products like benzenes, which when added to the smoke seems to alter the experience for some users. This is why some smokers don't like to vape. Just keep in mind that that's about not combusting, it's not like the vape is leaving you short.

In short, vaping with a quality device like the EVO will give you a pure experience with your material. IME the EVO brings out the best in my flowers, and I use less to get a better effect. With those strains that facilitate feelings of intimacy, the net result is all the more satisfying. Enjoy.

Diddy

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts/ comments. I greatly appreciate ... any suggestion on the best way to start out ... temp ? In the beginning .. I realize everyone probly different....curious if it a creeper when vaping ...? I would think it would not feel as quick maybe ? If so how long to wait ? And less is more right with herb ? So I'll want to take it easy ? Loose grind right ? Any good grinders recommend ... not really hip on ideal of alluminum grinder ... what's the safest grinder that's good and what type grind for the evo ?

Diddy,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
You know what? I suggest you go medium high? If your vape goes in stages, not quite the highest...Do it through water, which of course you got the evo so you will be doing this I hope. Load up a bowl, rip it like you would smoke a bong. Turn it off. Go do what you love to do when you are feeling peachy.

The reason I suggest this is because you will test the upper limits of the vape, allowing you to really get ripped, but also to get to know this machine that's going to help take you to the moon. In your mind. So anyway, then you can decide one of two things. Do you want to go higher? Or do you wanna slow your roll a little. Go take it for a high speed test run.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I really enjoy I guess some would say the foggy head body type .. anyways I'm hearing that vaping is like more of a up type high like clear headed or something

I also enjoy a strong body high from time to time and I find that a couple of big medium-hi temp hits (I mainly use butane vapes so I have no idea about the exact temperature) through water with a high THC strain is my favorite way to achieve it.

The Beagle,
Reactions: Diddy

JCat

Accessory Maker
I think with the EVO you will be ok ... for someone used to combustion (pipes or bongs?), the EVO is an excellent choice is it will give you that large hit that you likely require to get what you want out of it.

JCat,

oldiebutgoodie

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts/ comments. I greatly appreciate ... any suggestion on the best way to start out ... temp ? In the beginning .. I realize everyone probly different....curious if it a creeper when vaping ...? I would think it would not feel as quick maybe ? If so how long to wait ? And less is more right with herb ? So I'll want to take it easy ? Loose grind right ? Any good grinders recommend ... not really hip on ideal of alluminum grinder ... what's the safest grinder that's good and what type grind for the evo ?

A long-standing suggestion on FC with the EVO (and the Cloud before it) has been to read through the forum thread. All your questions and a lot more are covered, actually probably in the first quarter or so of the thread. That's less than 200 pages; not a short read, most work through it like 20 pages at a time. There is also a very short instruction/support page on the VXL site. If you ask your questions on the EVO thread, which is fine too, you'll probably get some good responses but again some will refer you to earlier in the thread - those actively participating now tend to be newer EVO owners who sort of roll into and out of posting there in waves (every time I return there are mostly new names). The posts earliest in the thread were largely by veteran vaporists who were Cloud users previously and/or the very first EVO users. That said . . .

Re grinders, probably the 2 favorites of EVO owners are Space Case or Santa Cruz. I like the former for a mid sized grinder, the latter for a small grinder. The SC produces a fine grind while the SC shreds; both results in a lightweight load which moves around nicely inside the ELB's (aka "easy load bowl") turbulence for uniform vaping. These are not like the cheap aluminum jobs, they are finely machined pieces.

Combing from combustion, you'll probably want to start at about 2-3pm on the EVO dial, with about a 1/3-1/2 size load. When you turn the unit on, have the dial at 3-5pm, then when it goes green, dial back to your desired vape setting (that will ready the EVO more quickly). Make sure you load the ELB lightly, definitely no tamping down; most folks use a small spoon or just scoop material with the ELB and then gently tap the bottom a few times on a hard surface which will settle the material a bit and then you can see how much you've loaded. Your material should be properly dried. Every unit's temp setting is slightly different; 3pm is IIRC about 400F. I think that 12-2pm is the range most folks use. If you're using decent material, a lower temp will give you the flavonoids and terpenoids that are lost when using a flame, especially since the EVO's heat system reaches boiling point at a lower relative temperature.

Treat your first hit as a primer to heat up the unit and material; the second and third hits tend to be the largest. A long steady even pull from the diaphragm works best with the EVO's heating system. The effect of the hit is slightly less immediate than with the flame, in large part because as I mentioned above, you aren't ingesting by-products. But you can also hit the EVO very hard if that's your preference - the heater has no problem keeping up with you - but I suggest experimenting to find what you can do with it as opposed to trying to precisely replicate what your experience has been with combustion.

I'll leave it there. Give a look at the EVO thread.

Enjoy.

:myday::science:

EDIT: I see you're already on the EVO thread. That's great!

C No Ego

the great thing about vaporizing you can play with the vapor in your mouth and use breathing techniques to maximize potency of effects and body bio-absorption rates of the cannabis active constituents... smoking you generally want to get it out ASAP lol...
here is a tip to re breathe vapor- just an example... breathe in a deep hit on the vape and then more air after that... hold the vapor in a few seconds and then start to exhale (vapeexhale pun).... when you start to visibly see vapor re-breathe back in and repeat a few times with one hit! ... this introduces new oxygen into that same vapor for better over all absorption rates... be careful with it at first... you might want to do breathing exercises for a few days just to help lung capacity absorb oxygen better.
For myself coming over from combustion I used a non heat adjustable vape ( Iolite) that only reached 375 degrees.it worked great but was not satisfying enough... I now use a water bubbler and heat range starting at 365 up to 440 degrees...
basically if there is anyway for you to sit there in complete fascination with all the new flavors from the vape you are doing it right... that is the extreme difference and pleasure you get from vaping compared to smoking... just make sure to figure out how to get a low heat hit at the beginning of the session that just turns your mouth into a symphony of flavor.
foregoing flavor you will likely benefit most by taking the biggest rip you can at the highest heat setting....

with most vapes you want as much surface area exposed of your material as possible.. air flows over the herb and pulls out the goodies... imagine a big clump that hot air hits... air will not flow into the center unless the outer edges give way or dries enough... I've seen mention that most vapes need a medium to fine grind but others just put the whole bud in there?

C No Ego,

Diddy

I really appreciate all you guys taking the time to respond to my questions ... thanks for all the suggestions I appreciate your help ... I will look into the other threads and dig a little further to find some of the answers to my questions in older threads to .... thanks everyone for your comments and your help I do greatly appreciate it though ...being a newbie n all I just want to make sure that I get the best possible experience and not prejudge it based on ignorance and use of devices ... just trying to learn as much as I can before I actually do my first hit

Diddy,
Reactions: C No Ego

oldiebutgoodie

... just trying to learn as much as I can before I actually do my first hit

Absolutely. But just one last thought fwiw . . . vaping, not to speak of vaping with the EVO in particular, is opening up a different experience for you. While it's great to get a head start with advance learning and prep, it's also important to be patient because there is no way you can get to where you will ultimately go in a short straight line. Enjoy the process of discovery and experimentation, because you're gonna have to do that anyway. ;)

:myday::2c:

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom