• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaping in movie theaters

Justpassedu

ive seen vapors in theaters before and my immediate thought about it is always that it looks very

to me. irregardless what is loaded it just feels out of place to do that indoors with a bunch of strangers sitting nearby.
I agree , it is selfish but than again i/m a rebel, i need my meds and usually do this before the movie starts when no one is around , plus i am using a liquid pen with almost 0 smell and the actual vapor is mostly dissipated before i exhale and it would not even get in anyone's way or have a effect on them. So if no one sees and it cannot effect them in any way than no harm done. I am also not walking to see finding Dory 2 where there would be children around , i'd never do something like that , usually these are R rated flicks.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'm taking my S3 to see the new BladeRunner movie later on :smug: Back row fosho :tup:

:peace:

I saw the new BladeRunner in 3D last weekend. That movie is almost 3 hours long! I liked it but wouldn't see it again. I wish I had waited till it was released to DVD. It reminded me of 2001 Space Odyssey combined with A.I.

My daughter thought it sucked and many more agree with her than with me. Me and the professional movie critics seemed to be the ones who liked it.

It is definitely a movie you want to see when you're really, really, really buzzed. I vaped up big time before going in. As much as I dislike the idea of vaping in a movie theater this is one movie where you could almost make a case since it's long and seems to be a perfect movie to see buzzed.

It was opening weekend and there was a total of 4 people watching it and my daughter and I brought the count to 6. Initially I thought the turnout was so low because of the additional cost to see the 3D version. After the movie was over I was leaning toward maybe the turnout was because it was too long and too slow moving.

C No Ego

As @His_Highness has alluded... Vaping in movie theaters could make for some of the Best Reviews! Come to read about vaping in movies get a movie review :tup:

Edit- the munchies counter sales would skyrocket!!! Can I get the Biggest ( you name it) Please LOL

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I saw the new BladeRunner in 3D last weekend. That movie is almost 3 hours long! I liked it but wouldn't see it again. I wish I had waited till it was released to DVD. It reminded me of 2001 Space Odyssey combined with A.I.

My daughter thought it sucked and many more agree with her than with me. Me and the professional movie critics seemed to be the ones who liked it.

It is definitely a movie you want to see when you're really, really, really buzzed. I vaped up big time before going in. As much as I dislike the idea of vaping in a movie theater this is one movie where you could almost make a case since it's long and seems to be a perfect movie to see buzzed.

It was opening weekend and there was a total of 4 people watching it and my daughter and I brought the count to 6. Initially I thought the turnout was so low because of the additional cost to see the 3D version. After the movie was over I was leaning toward maybe the turnout was because it was too long and too slow moving.
Kind of a bummer to hear so many people were disappointed so far.. The Blade Runner commercial said it was really good, I figured they gotta be telling the truth :D
I'm going into it wanting to like it so I'm betting that will help a fair amount.. I was planning to wait too, but I'm just sitting around getting baked out of my gourd today, so it seemed like a good move.. now I might just get a burrito instead :tup:

I forgot to mention it, but I was planning on ghosting all my S3 rips... no harm, no foul :tup:
;)

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
For all the people who think it is rude to vape around others, I say only of you subject them to the vapors. Do lower temp, smaller pulls, hold it in extra long, and there's no visible vapor and no noticable smell. That's not rude, it's considerate

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: Squiby

hoptimum

Kind of a bummer to hear so many people were disappointed so far.. The Blade Runner commercial said it was really good, I figured they gotta be telling the truth :D
I'm going into it wanting to like it so I'm betting that will help a fair amount.. I was planning to wait too, but I'm just sitting around getting baked out of my gourd today, so it seemed like a good move.. now I might just get a burrito instead :tup:

I forgot to mention it, but I was planning on ghosting all my S3 rips... no harm, no foul :tup:
;)

Don't expect an action packed blockbuster. It's more cerebral than that. If you like really provocative sci-fi that posits questions about the functions and consequences of dreams and memory and what it means to be human and imbue our creations with human-like traits, then you might like it.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Don't expect an action packed blockbuster. It's more cerebral than that. If you like really provocative sci-fi that posits questions about the functions and consequences of dreams and memory and what it means to be human and imbue our creations with human-like traits, then you might like it.
Sounds a lot like the first one then (to be expected) :tup: I'm betting I'll like it.. I love movies/shows about that type of thing.. I loved the original Blade Runner, and Total Recall, and WestWorld, and even the Resident Evil movies had that type of thing going for it.. Rick and Morty likes to dabble w/ it too.

His_Highness

I mentioned in a prior post that vaping in a movie theater seemed selfish to me ... but not everyone who would vape in a theater IS SELFISH.

I was recently in a situation where a bunch of us were visiting with friends who just had a baby. Everyone there gets high. Except for the baby ;). One of the visitors broke out a vape pen and was getting ready to use it while sitting right next to the baby who was being fed by another visitor. A bunch of us expressed some level of surprise/concern and asked the person with the vape pen to take it outside. The person with the vape pen said in an apologetic way "It's only pot and I wasn't going to blow it toward the baby. Sorry...I'll take it outside." The person with the vape wasn't being selfish in my opinion. They just didn't realize that vaping around a baby would be frowned upon. It might be the same for some who would vape in a theater....if your view is that vaping in a theater, in close proximity to other patrons is harmless and therefore isn't infringing on their right not to be around vapor, then it's not so much selfish as it is clueless IMO. If you know there are some movie goers who would take offense but you do it anyway....that sounds like a selfish act. :2c:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I've taken hits in theaters, but I go to matinees, and sometimes I'm the only one in the theater. Seldom is it crowded. I see your point, however. I wonder how long vapor takes to dissipate?

His_Highness

@macbill - I see your point as well. I guess it really comes down to being aware and sensitive to those around you.

His_Highness,
Reactions: Derrrpp

hinglemccringleberry

I have jury duty next week. Anyone know the best tips for vaping in the court room during the trial? I'm going to bring my Vapvap and use a quad flame torch to minimize the time spent heating it. Was also thinking of bringing my Volcano with an extension cord and setting it up on the floor next to me and bending down really quick for discrete hits off the bag.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I have jury duty next week. Anyone know the best tips for vaping in the court room during the trial? I'm going to bring my Vapvap and use a quad flame torch to minimize the time spent heating it. Was also thinking of bringing my Volcano with an extension cord and setting it up on the floor next to me and bending down really quick for discrete hits off the bag.

I just came in this thread to make a joke about taking my NewVape Flowerpot into the cinema, but now I cant stop laughing at the comment above :D

I cant top that :)

little maggie

That explains it. I loved the original blade runner but could have skipped this one. I tend to like movie adaptations of Dick books. Not this one. I was wondering what Phillip Dick would think of tins one. Now I know what makes it a movie worth seeing. But why are people vaping in movie theaters? That's what edibles are for.

VapurrDo

id say vape a lot before hand, to the point you are almost too stoned to buy tickets or popcorn its funny as hell and by the end you are almost still high, or buy tickets first and vape outside before the movie...

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I blame it on the ease oil pens & concentrate pens. It's their fault. I don't take huge, lung-hacking hits. It is still considered very bad form to break out in a coughing fit during a coloratura's aria in the opera for example, and I don't exhale willy nilly nor all-at-once. No one yet has said, "What's that smell?": I do try to be considerate. Never in a crowded theater. I need my space.

zor

I wouldn't vape in a movie theater. Just feels like it would be somewhat selfish to subject those around me to it.

Hear hear. I'd rather have an edible an hour before hand, seeing Tron Legacy with friends after we gulped down my extra strength firecrackers was extremely awesome, while we were in line I burped a weedy burp and a teenage kid nearby got excited and scanned around exclaiming "it smells like weeeeed!"....I felt embarrassed but would feel far worse if people smelled that during the movie.

Sadly, my farts have a will of their own.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
@His_Highness @hoptimum

I went to see Blade Runner 2049 earlier this week :tup: I really liked it... and I was totally joking about taking the S3 to the movies (in case it wasn't obvious :lol:) but in this case I probably could have pulled it off! :spliff: there was only 6 people in the whole theater! I'm surprised there wasn't a little more excitement about this new one..

I really like how it was done and where they took it.. It really added depth to and fleshed out the first one.. I really like how they didn't rely on the Deckard character to drive the whole movie, it was more about putting the pieces together of what's happened since they've been on the run, at the same time giving a clearer and deeper picture of what happened in the first one.. I definitely want to watch again, once it's for sale..

voyciz

I don't understand the need for smoke buddies and the like. Dark movie theatres? No problem. Hell, I vape at Lakers games in plain sight and no one bothers me.

howie105

I wouldn't vape in a movie theater. Just feels like it would be somewhat selfish to subject those around me to it.

For those who would vape in a theater I suggest sitting in the last row. Unless your in the last row a vapor trail will probably be highly illuminated by the blackness and light from the projector/projected movie.

...and you would know this how?:)

Top Bottom