vaping gives me phlegm?

theamigo

hey guys, for the past like 2 weeks i've been waking up with a bit of a dry throat and morning phlegm (dark green and a bit of yellow). i fear vaping was the cause of it so i stopped 3 days ago but i still get the phlegm. i do not smoke cigarettes and do not feel sick at all. do you think vaping is the reason for my phlegm? could it just be my lungs clearing out the tar? do you think its safe to start vaping again?

theamigo,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
If you have recently made the switch from smoking to vaping this is quite normal. Vaping acts as an expectorant and clears the phlegm off of you chest. I personally found that it stopped after about a month of vaping with no smoking at all. So, imo you can keep vaping. However, if after a few weeks more your symptoms persist it might be worth visiting a GP.

J.R.R.Tokin',

stickstones

Vapor concierge
what he said...also, you will always have some plegm if you vape, it just ends up being less and not so nasty...kind of a normal yellow. When I went on a short tolerance break I noticed a lot less coughing for a few days.

stickstones,

caseball2051

seems like its normal based on the responses given. I never personally noticed any phlegm evenw hen i used to smoke daily.

I have had postnasal drip forever though. So its just normal for me.

If you feel normal otherwise id assume its cool to continue. I think i read that green phlegm could be a sign of illness though. If you have other symptoms id look into those too.

caseball2051,
Reactions: BluBerry

stroh

errl enthusiast
marijuana is an expectorant, so coughing up phlegm is completely normal. in fact, this is beneficial, as it is your lungs way of clearing any foreign objects from it.

stroh,

SD_haze

coughing up clear/very light yellow phlegm is definitely normal BUT dark yellow/green phlegm is often the sign of a respiratory infection of some kind.

So if it persists or comes back might be worth looking into :2c:

Vapor is still an irritant to the lungs so if you have a pre-existing problem, regular vapor inhalation can prevent it from healing or aggravate it.
Not as badly as smoke of course.

SD_haze,

turk

turk
...I had this experience during my 1st 2 weeks of vaping....then it abated..

turk,

theamigo

actually i've been vaping for about a year. i know that weed is an expectorant but i feel that there might actually be something wrong. im going to the doctor tomorrow to see if everything is okay. dont feel like risking my health. i was sick a month ago and i guess i never gave my body enough time to completely heal from it. ive prolonged the trip to the doctors for too long

ive been trying to figure out what i have. seems like i have post nasal drip

theamigo,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
dark green and a bit of yello ?
Well thats your nose if you ask me :) ! There is one very simple homeopathic solution for your problem.. + something that will help you fight nasal infections on a regular basis..
It SALT :brow: .. 2-3 % water solution of some good salt.. Himalayah salt is the best i've found sofar.. What i do is that i put a spoon in jar 0.5 l with warm water.. and stir till fully dissolved.
Flush your nose and gargle your throat few times daily . I drop some using a straw (dipped in the jar and tapped on the other end to hold the liquid, then release to drop in nose) ..
If your issues is/includes the lungs then you need just some salt inhalation.. I personally have a himalaya salt inhaler but it can be done with any stove and cooking vessel or sea salt inhaler. This is just great for former smokers and asthmatics .
36917.jpg

Note that if you are flushing your nose.. There might be some old blood and other old colorful stuff to be cleaned out with the secretion.. It is normal ,don't worry :) That is just something that has been there for years ,it is not a new bleed caused by salt or smth. Old Blood stuff cleans up in 2-3 days . Also if you have done/do a fair amount of snorting.. whatever there will be more old blood.. I had a friend that wrecked his nose for 6 years.. and i introduced him to the flush..
Man... he was claiming that he was getting high when flushing his nose.. He said :That this is a an awesome way to get "in the game".. when you out of .. :puke: .. LOL

Abysmal Vapor,

djonkoman

that flushing your nose with saltwater is something my mom also always did and sometimes to me too when having a cold, she adviced me to never do it for too long tough, a few days max. or you'll do damage(I don't remember how many days exactly she said, I think 3-4 days or so)
you can also use it for your ears, I think she does it because she is prone to ear infections

I don't think it's classified as homeopathic tough, I could be wrong but as far as I know homeopathy is all about diluting it extremely(so much that eventually there will be maybe one molecule of the active ingredient in a whole bottle), and that homeopathy is more on the spiritual side
while this salttrick actually derives it's working from the active ingredient(salt)
I don't know much about homeopathy tough, because I don't believe in it myself

djonkoman,

theamigo

I went to the doctors today. I have post nasal drip and an enlarged thyroid. I'm going to get an ultra sound for the thyroid sometime this week. Do you think it'd be safe to vape?

theamigo,
Top Bottom