Vaping FRESH cannabis?

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I don't know how you are avoiding that awful chlorophyll taste. I've tried just picked, and wouldn't do it again. You are welcome to keep this delicacy. I'm sticking to cured. The first of this year's crop finally hit three weeks cured, and the chlorophyll taste is gone. I'm glad someone enjoys fresh picked, and I'm fine with it not being me.

That's exactly what I wanted to post. That chlorophyll tastes like shit and gives me massive headaches. And yes, I even had that with buds that were already way past maturity. Not my cup of tea for sure.

Skunkport

If you're getting a chlorophyll taste that's confusing.

Most of the plant cells should hopefully be intact and untouched by vaping, just the trichome's contents vaporized by the heating right? We're NOT grinding the bud for this as it's fresh and wet, whole pieces of nugs or popcorn nugs.

I could tell smoking it, it tastes good vaping it though. Maybe it's temperature, I only went to 240c on my eq using the standard bowl packed full of fresh trim buds, no idea what the actual temperature of the weed was.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
My experience is indeed based on ground (or scissor-cut) fresh bud. Maybe I try it with a whole nug again, but probably not... :brow:
If you try it, let us know...I tried a few nugs using my DDave 14mm shorty mod and wand. Don't know that I'd try it again. Actually, I have two plants in the yard that grew buds after it was harvested. I'm not seriously going to ask you to take one for the team, so I will try it once more if we get to maturity. I'm going to leave the buds as long as I can out of curiosity, but it will be before first frost. I've gotten tomatoes as late as December, so it could be a month. @Dynavaper , I will let you know. I've tried with these same plants in midSeptember, so I have no reason to think it won't go the same, but I can't very well ask someone to do what I wouldn't. I have no reason to think trichomes are the only part of a water filled plant to vaporize, especially as I could taste different elements. If it had worked for me, I would have intentionally left plants up, and Vaped fresh from all of those throughout the drying of the rest if the crop. As it is, there were just the rebloomers and Wedding Cake and Tutankhamom until last week, and just the rebloomers now. Interesting part was I dreaded the initial fresh sample during the harvest. Now I find some prefer it. Don't think I'm going to mind having an unsophisticated palate as much as the flavor of chlorophyll, but this is a year for experimenting . Maybe if I wash it first. No, I did wash the Cake and Tut. The only other thing to try is vary the vape.

miklskon

Just putting one foot in front of the other.
I don't think I've ever heard of this, although I know people make wax and dry ice hash with fresh buds.

Had anybody had the chance to try vaping this way? Since we are not combusting, some of the curing processes for creating smooth smokeable might not be completely necessary for our needs.

Anyway, it's 4/20 and I was able to get my hands on a little fresh bud that had been harvested earlier this morning.

E-Nano turned up to 11, and just vaping off the exterior trichomes, leaving AVB that looks much like dried/cured cannabis.

I can say that it definitely does work, and works quite well to produce a complex effect that is a little different than anything I've experienced.

Perhaps this is a way to boost terpenes by not letting them evaporate away over the several weeks it takes to cure.

I'm definitely a special kind of high right now, and I like it. I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep a little freshly frozen bud around here.
I'm kind'ah new to this forum, and i only drop by every once in ah proverbial Blue Moon, but I've appreciated these posts!

I'm ah home-grower, and rarely, if ever, consume anything i haven't nurtured and produced myself. So this issue of vaping fresh herb is of great interest to me.

My experiences pretty much mirror everyone else's observations and conclusions. However, I've tried to not vape immediately fresh-cut herbs.

Rather, i prefer to harvest ah few leaves or buds, roll them in thick rolling papers, and at least let them slowly dry and cure for at least a few days, so as to minimize the chlorophyll elements.

But I concur that since we are no longer inflaming our herbs, we shouldn't have to wait as long fir drying and curing as we did before discovering the many benefits of vaping.

Still, vaping too early brings on it's own set of considerations, and since this is a relatively new endeavor for many of us, these many and varied considerations and elements have yet to be fully explored and confirmed.

So I've been taking a "middle-of-the-road" approach, allowing a little time for drying and curing, if you will, but definitely not waiting for two or three weeks.

I'm thinking two or three days in a dry, dark, well circulated environment should be sufficient for initial preparation, and then giving your carefully manicured herbs ah try with your favorite vape.

I'm definitely open to any and all feedback related to this, or any other herb-related topic.

Top Bottom