1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vaping for Asthma?!

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by benjawi4, Jan 19, 2014.

1. benjawi4

benjawi4 New Member

I have really benefitted from the newly legalized medicine here in Colorado. Smoking the past few months, after work and on the weekends, has really helped with both my clinically diagnosed depression and anxiety. Only problem is that my asthma/weak lungs are getting the better of me. I need to switch from traditional smoking to vaping, but want to make sure I am getting the best possible device for someone with asthma.

Thanks!
  2. ohdono

ohdono high more than not

can't imagine what its like in colorado right now, people must be breathing thc by now 8) are you looking for a home vape setup or something portable? digging through either port/home vape section of the forum gets you a list of the many popular ones out there with pages of friendly helpful users of each device and useful post. if you can narrow down exactly what youre looking for, im sure someone here will post atleast a few options that fit your needs.
  3. Snappo

Snappo Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!" Accessory Maker

While vaping isn't good for asthma, it is certainly the better, less irritating, choice.
  4. Enchantre

Enchantre A short, pithy statement

Actually, that would depend on what and how you are vaping. There are medicinal herbs that are specific for asthma that work well for vaping. Even MJ, when vaped, isn't irritating to asthma (well, okay, to at least some forms of asthma).
    Could easily trigger some clearing of mucus. Be prepared for that.
    VaporsVaporizer and Snappo like this.
  5. Snappo

Snappo Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!" Accessory Maker

Born with and suffer from asthma & bronchitis all my life. Combusted herb, smoked cigs & cigars, and vaped. Now I only vape. I can go for weeks without inhaling anything but air. During this time my lungs/bronchials get rested from irritation and i wake up in the morning with far less wheezing. When I resume the vape, it's not too bad, but still my lungs flare up a bit and I wheeze a bit in the mornings and at times during the day. My lungs (bronchials) are sensitive, and tighten up over the slightest impetus (cold weather, sneezing, coughing, dust, vaping, etc.). However, I will say that I do feel some relaxing lung relief for a short time right after I vape herb as a result of the anti-inflammatory effects of THC. But eventually return to the more tense state of lung and bronchial condition.
    VaporsVaporizer and Enchantre like this.
  6. Enchantre

Enchantre A short, pithy statement

... and I feel that my asthma has calmed down considerably since I started vaping, and mucus-clearing is much easier/less often. :)

I've also increased lung capacity, probably by trying for monster clouds ;)
  7. Puffers

Puffers Well-Known Member

8. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

Asthma/bronchitis sufferer here.... Vaping irritates me less than smoking (obviously), but still causes a cough and chest itchies unless I pull the vapor thru a 'slightly warmed' water apparatus.

I still end up with getting loosened up stuff with a good solid cough/hack, but at least I'm not multi hacking trying to clear my lungs out anymore.

I have to accept this trade-off for my many other ailments from both physical injuries and a brain injury that I find great relief from using cannabis as opposed to those gawd forsaken pharmaceuticals I USED to have 'pushed' upon me. My change-over has left me much more happy in what life has dealt me.
    VaporsVaporizer, Enchantre and Snappo like this.
  9. Jappie

Jappie Member

Since I was diagnosed with asthma I also cut out smoking and went to vaporizing only. I find it quite comfortable to vape, but I have to make sure the smoke does not get too hot. Using the Plenty, I am usually fine, with the MFLB I have to be a bit more careful. It does help to lead the clouds of smoke through a water device though with the MFLB, makes it a lot smoother. For me it seems to be the heat of the smoke that can irritate my lungs.
    Vapor X and Snappo like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors