Vaping experience

MyrtleDaTurtle

My first vaporizer ever came in over the weekend. I received the myrtlezap which looks great.
I picked up some ok bud and began to vap.
People on here said they get high off of .025 but it took me at least three stems to feel anything and i dint really feel that high.
Am i doing something wrong?
Because if it continues like this i might not be vaping much longer

MyrtleDaTurtle,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
MyrtleDaTurtle said:
My first vaporizer ever came in over the weekend. I received the myrtlezap which looks great.
People on here said they get high off of .025 but it took me at least three stems to feel anything and i dint really feel that high.

you said it yourself, its just okay bud. good bud in a vaporizer = good results. crap weed is still crap no matter how you ingest it.

two stems seem to be the staple for most people on here.

your tolerance may also be playing a part in it as well.

also a vapor high is much cleaner then smoking. you may think youre not all that high but it may be due to you being to used to smoking and its effects.

gettin lifted,

Nycdeisel

Youll need at least a couple of stems to feel it thoroughly, you should get 3-4 hits per stem load.

You cant get high off of .025 of a gram of herb, I dont know where you are getting this(besides from gettin lifted^^)

I vape at least one to two stems of high quality stuff and I feel nice for a while.

Try 3 stems of your "ok" bud :)

Nycdeisel,

lwien

Nycdeisel said:
Youll need at least a couple of stems to feel it thoroughly, you should get 3-4 hits per stem load.

You cant get high off of .025 of a gram of herb, I dont know where you are getting this(besides from gettin lifted^^)

Ummm.........I as well as others here get plenty high off of one stem of .025gr. Also, there are those of us that get 5 good hits from one stem. 5 hits of top grade bud gets me TOTALLY buzzed..........so much so, that most of the times, I can't finish a stem and 3 hits does me fine for about 2 hours.

There are those here who share the same experience as I. There are also those that don't. But a blanket statement that "You cant get high off of .025 of a gram of herb..." just isn't true.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

Well then, I stand corrected :cool:

Thanks for shedding some light on the subject, Lwien. However, from what I gathered form your post, its more likely that is possible with top grade herb, along with other factors.

Nycdeisel,

Nosferatu

Make sure you hold each hit in for at least 10 seconds. Also it took me two weeks to get used to the vapor high, especially with a lower temp vape like the Myrtlezap. Smokers think the vaping high is missing something but once your body loses its craving for the unnecessary and bad chemicals that burn off at a higher temp, you will start to appreciatwe the feeling much more. Just give it time, remember a vape sesh simply takes longer than smoking.

Nosferatu,

steiner666

Serial vapist
i can be stoned for about an hour off 1 stem of high quality herb. medium-low quality herb gives me less hits from 1 stem and the high is of course less and doesnt last long. I;ve got 3 diff types of herb atm, and 1 of it vapes sooo well in my log that it makes me love it more than using any other vape i've tried. the other 2 types are just commercial schwag and i hate trying to get a buzz off it in my wdz. The dirty stuff can give me an OK buzz in the HA but i have to load about 10x as much if not more and vape at 375F.

In short, dont give up on vaporization just because of experience with one type of weed. Try finding the best shit you can, even if it costs an arm and a leg, and the MZ will do wonders for you and will make it last a long time to make up for the $.

steiner666,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
lwien said:
Nycdeisel said:

Ummm.........I as well as others here get plenty high off of one stem of .025gr. Also, there are those of us that get 5 good hits from one stem. 5 hits of top grade bud gets me TOTALLY buzzed..........so much so, that most of the times, I can't finish a stem and 3 hits does me fine for about 2 hours.

There are those here who share the same experience as I. There are also those that don't. But a blanket statement that "You cant get high off of .025 of a gram of herb..." just isn't true.

I have seen the bud your smoking, lwein...and chances are that what the OP has isn't close to what you or I or other medicals get so it probably isn't a fair comparison. I wouldn't be surprised if the OP NEEDED 3 stems to get where you can get in just 1.

finchrock24,

MyrtleDaTurtle

finchrock24 said:
lwien said:
Nycdeisel said:

I have seen the bud your smoking, lwein...and chances are that what the OP has isn't close to what you or I or other medicals get so it probably isn't a fair comparison. I wouldn't be surprised if the OP NEEDED 3 stems to get where you can get in just 1.
I live in ny so yeah no medical but my dealer has very high quality weed. It just so happens that when i get my vape he is dry so im left to buy some unsatisfying outdoor from another dealer. All of your comments are very helpful and i will give vaporizing another shot. I hope to pick up some within the next couple days so i can experience the full potential of vaping

MyrtleDaTurtle,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
If you are used to smoking bongs or other 'big rip' devices, a whip vape will probably satisfy you better. I have an Extreme Q and it can really pump out the vapor clouds when you want it to. It takes a little bit more herb though.

finchrock24,

lwien

finchrock24 said:

Agreed, and it's the reason that I implied that my experience may not be the same as others, but others have had the same experience as I, so when someone says that it can't be done, I just gotta step up and say, yeah, it can be done. :2c:

I guess when someone says that they have really good bud, it's all relative to what they are comparing it to but I agree that with vapes, ESPECIALLY with log type vapes that have VERY small bowls and operate at a fixed temp, high grade bud is almost a necessity. I'd be kinda pissed if I had to go thru 3 stems to get a buzz. If the only thing available to me was lower quality bud, I would put my PD in storage in favor of a good whip based vape.

lwien,

luchiano

MyrtleDaTurtle said:

I think before you even blame the bud you should ask yourself if you did everything right?.

Did you grind the herb real good to a fine consistency but not powder or if you did, did you cover the top layer touching the screen with herb that has been grinded to a rough consistency before putting in the powdered herb to prevent the screen from clogging?.

Did you inhale nice and slow and then when finished inhaling from the stem took in a big rush of air that filled the lungs, held for a few seconds then exhaled through the nose?.

These tips should get you nice because if you can get high off of smoking the herb the same herb will definitely get you high because you aren't burning up any chemicals it's just that it may take longer depending on temperature.

Try using your vape again and seeing if you do everything I described if it still not working maybe you have a defect and talk to the manufacturer.

luchiano,

lwien

luchiano said:
....... if it still not working maybe you have a defect and talk to the manufacturer.

Not much to these kinds of vapes, luchiano. If he can see daylight thru the stem and if the vape turns on, and if his ABV is a golden to dark brown, he's good to go. Like most any vape, other than bag vapes, there is a learning curve, as you said.

lwien,

OldGuy

Myrtle, your material also should be quite dry for best results. Otherwise, water will be one of the first major compounds to be boiled away before the desirable components will be effectively vaporized. I believe this is especially important in using a log vape, where you're drawing a fairly small volume of heated air through the sample to vaporize its volatile components. Following the suggestions of others, I finely grind my material using a small two-piece Space Case grinder, and then let it air dry for a day or so. You can speed up the drying process by placing the ground material in a warm (not hot) place such as on top of your television, amplifier, refrigerator, etc. for a few hours. If you have a decent scale, you can easily determine the moisture loss after drying; I was surprised (pissed) how much I had been paying for water.

By all means, don't give up on vaping so quickly. You'll find this forum has quite a few folks who combusted for 30, 40+ years, but now are dedicated vaporists.

OldGuy,
Top Bottom