Vaping everything possible out of your bud - using only a log vape?

steiner666

Serial vapist
Ok so I know a lot of ppl who use log vapes either revape their ABV in a variable-temp vape or make edibles out of it, or maybe make qwiso and smoke it. In my case, I normally vaped all my fresh green in my WDZ and then, after compiling a dozen or so stems worth, i would revape it in the HA. This would give me ~3 nice bags, but the high from them is more of a cloudy effect that is really only good for putting myself to sleep, and the taste isnt that great revaping at max temp on HA.

So I decided to try making qwiso with my last batch of ABV. I only had 2-3 grams worth of it, so i wasnt sure how much i was going to get out of it. Then i remembered that i had 1 WDZ stem with a fairly clogged screen, a HA straw with some golden drops built up in it, and an old LB stem from a year ago in the closet i kept forgetting to clean lol. So here's what I did:

I put ABV in a cup and then filled cup with 91% iso until it was just above ABV line. I stirred it around for a couple minutes and then used a tea diffuser to strain the abv out while pouring alcohol into a tall shot glass (double shot i think). I then put my stem and straws in, and the alcohol covered them about half way. So i let them sit for about and hour and then flipped them to let the other half soak for an hour. After I took them out, i poured a small amount of kief into the shotglass and let it sit for a few minutes. Then i poured the shotglass into a glass pie pan and did the trick with putting it over top of a pot of water and boiling it on the stove. This evaped the alcohol in <10 mins, leaving me with a nice amount of golden goo along the bottom of the pan. The kief and other small particulates in teh alcohol helped me know when the pan was level (because they would stop floating around), to avoid having it dry onto the edges/sides of the pan which are a lot harder to scrape. (It also seemed to help give the oils something other than the pan to stick to, as scraping the goo up was a lot easier than usual)

I then scraped the pan up with a blade (didnt have a razor blade so i used one from a boxknife thing), scraped the goo off the edge of the blade with the tip of my DBV/SSV pick, and then scraped the goo off on the inside of a 1/2 filled stem that had already been vaped as much as possible. It was just a tiny booger of goo, but i got around 20 hits out of it, with very pleasant effects. (note: i got WAY more than just the one little booger or goo, I just scraped it up a little as a time as i used it, rather than trying to store it briefly in a different container and losing goo in the process)

So i've started putting a tiny bit of this goo on the tip of every fresh stem now, and the stems last over 3x as long and give a much stronger effect that is more comparable to the effect from smoking or vaping fresh green all the way to dark brown in a variable temp vape. The goo has a very mild taste that is a lot more enjoyable than the ABV revaping ever was.

So anyway it seems like if you extract the high temp boilers left over in your log vape's abv, you can vape the resulting goo in the same log at the same temp and get those compounds that were left behind the first time. I didnt think this would be the case, but it definitely appears to be. So this is how i plan on doing things from now on, making qwiso with the ABV and then soaking my stems and such in the alcohol before evaping it. So i can avoid the harshness of higher temp re-vaping, the bother of cooking, or having to smoke the qwiso since it seems to vape pretty completely.

steiner666,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Good call on this :)

My next adventure is to make some capsules with a QWISO run. I read about it on another site and it sounds pretty promising (although they used BHO). :brow: Ill report back when I do this and let yall know the results.

AGBeer,

steiner666

Serial vapist
AGBeer said:
Good call on this :)

My next adventure is to make some capsules with a QWISO run. I read about it on another site and it sounds pretty promising (although they used BHO). :brow: Ill report back when I do this and let yall know the results.

cool. even tho i'm very content with my current way of doing things, i'd like to have a good way of making something like capsules for stealthy, quick use at concerts and such.

steiner666,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
did your lb stem become cloudy and brittle after soaking it in iso?

pinoy,

steiner666

Serial vapist
pinoy said:
did your lb stem become cloudy and brittle after soaking it in iso?

It got a little cloudy looking i guess, havent really looked at it much. I never use stems anymore, havent since the first month or so of owning a LB a year ago, which is when this stem got caked lol.

steiner666,

SmokingElectricity

i do this with little pieces of pressed kief and even wand hash in my MZ, but if i'm gonna vape qwiso, i'll do it in the DBV. just find i can get alot more out of it at the higher temps. only with water filtration.

SmokingElectricity,

Nycdeisel

I do(or did) something similar about a month or two ago. All I did was make qwiso hash with a whole 4oz mason jar packed with AVB, but when I make qwiso, I dont let it soak in the alcohol for more then around 30 seconds, I also did two washes, but put them to dry in the same dish. I got quite a bit of usable hash, and I just fill a PD stem about 3/4 full, put crumbled/broken up qwiso on top, and put a bit more herb on top to keep it from getting messy. the stems last FOREVER!

Nycdeisel,

steiner666

Serial vapist
SmokingElectricity said:
i do this with little pieces of pressed kief and even wand hash in my MZ, but if i'm gonna vape qwiso, i'll do it in the DBV. just find i can get alot more out of it at the higher temps. only with water filtration.

Yeah if i still had my SSV or DBV i would prefer to use them for any sort of hash/goo, but i dont. so i was trying to get the most with just my wdz.

Nycdeisel said:
I do(or did) something similar about a month or two ago. All I did was make qwiso hash with a whole 4oz mason jar packed with AVB, but when I make qwiso, I dont let it soak in the alcohol for more then around 30 seconds, I also did two washes, but put them to dry in the same dish. I got quite a bit of usable hash, and I just fill a PD stem about 3/4 full, put crumbled/broken up qwiso on top, and put a bit more herb on top to keep it from getting messy. the stems last FOREVER!

Why do ppl say only to soak for <1min or so little time? Wouldnt soaking for longer have the same effect as doing a second rinse? When do you do the second one? immediately after or do you wait until it dries or something? Just wanting to know the advantages of doing things that way instead.

And does yours come out looking like honey on the pan and then black sticky goo when you scrape it up?

steiner666,

Nycdeisel

Because the longer it soaks, the more cloraphyll and other crap that you dont want gets absorbed.
Mine was very dark, yes, since I used pretty thoroughly vaporized herb to make it.

You will really be surprised by how much more you get from just doing a second wash.
Nope, I did it right after the first, not even a minute after, and got a whole lot from that second wash. Plus with a second wash, you use more alcohol, so you end up with more anyway.

part of mine is more solid type of hash, and some of it looks like slick, black, gooey oil, which I wouldnt put into any vape, since its so difficult to handle by itself. I use the more solid stuff in my vape.

hope that answers your questions! :)

oh, and I would recommended putting the second wash in a separate dish, thats probably what I should of done, and is probably why it came out with two different textures.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom