Vaping Causing Anxiety? Smoking Providing Relief

darkrom

Great Scott!
Ok so I've been vaping only (no combustion) for a few years. Recently I've determined that it may be making my anxiety (that I vape to relieve) worse :(. I smoked 2x yesterday and both times I felt much more calm and relaxed than my normal anxious baseline, where as vaping has been making it worse I believe lately.

Things worth noting:

I took a 2.5-3 day tolerance break before I smoked (the longest I've taken and I'm usually a multiple time daily user)

I sent my log vape in to get upgraded and had been using only the MFLB during the week or so that I decided vaping was making the anxiety worse. I simply can't be sure if vaping out of the log vape makes anxiety worse until I get it back to test again. I'm hoping the MFLB is the culprit and not vaping in general for me specifically.

The only thing I can think of is that the MFLB isn't hot enough and that I'm getting lower temp THC without the needed higher temp CBDS that I would certainly get through combustion. I'm actually very hesitant to even try the MFLB again since I get so anxious I feel physically very ill when I have a panic attack. I know I can try to vape hotter with the MFLB, but I only have one stem and it is very very short so vaping hot with this thing irritates the hell out of me.

Is there anyone else here with anxiety as a huge factor in their life? I'd find it hard to believe that combustion doesn't help quite a bit, but I really would rather vape if I could get the same anti-anxiety effects. Anyone got both a MFLB and anxiety? Anyone have a similar story? I am debating getting a different portable (but which one would be best is still left to be determined) or at very least a long glass stem for MFLB. I don't think it is a good idea to invest in yet another vape if I am not sure if it is temp related or vaping in general. When I get my underdog back I can use that at like 13v to ensure a higher temp (though its hotter than the MFLB even at 12V I'd assume) and see how I feel. This just really sucks because I would definitely rather vaporize than smoke any day, but if vaping is causing anxiety and smoking is relieving it then I really don't have a choice for now.

FC please help me figure this out. It is critical for me.

darkrom,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Low dose of mj relieves stress.. High doses cause anxiety
By smoking you are getting less high..
Anyway it could be cannabionoid spectrum related?
Do you smoke balanced strains ?
High THC sativa strains are very psychadelic and are likely to cause anxiety IMO.
Good way for me to get calm is to add or vape alone BHO ABV . Ussually i adding a drop on top of herb and vape it in the underdog :). That gives a nice calming warm buzz. Another way is edibles/tinctures :). I am stocked on 1L very concentrated green dragon, i also have some abv grape seed oil extract .
I've heard guys eating their abv from the day before few hours prior to vaping. So the cannabinoids can kick.
Have heard of cortisol ?It dissolves chemicals that build stress.. Raised body toxicity can result in diminished cortisol production.
Also note that you've decreased you daily drug intake... You may be starving for a piece fog-pie...
MJ drawback may result in headache,anxiety,bad mood..
Forgot to add that Aromatherapy helps anxiety conditions a lot , also herbs like damiana,camomile
,eucaliptus,mint,valeriana root,catnip,lotus .....
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkrom i see you are looking into a higher temp vaporization device ..so you can get more stoned vaping at higher temp. You are in the right direction with the supreme.. The Lighter based vapes are champions in getting you stoned + for concentrates.
Vapo-bowl is the cheapest solution, it definetly delivers a punch. Vapocane offer glass on glass with glass airpath.
I will get in the next few days the gnome vaporizer pack too .. The classic is perfect for on the go . Vapman and Lotus for sure have their charms too . :) And why not an omicron vape or a dome/skillet, concentrates can make you really CALM,,, :cool:

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Abysmal buddy thanks for posting!

I can not do edibles. The bad experience caused by a severe hash overdose (STUPID!!!!) and a promise to my girlfriend rule those out. Honestly the experience was so uncomfortable that the mental connection between edibles and anxiety is not something I even want to deal with lol.

I don't think it was the smoking being less high or anything because of the fact that after a 2 - 3 day tolerance break I should have been higher than ever if I normally vape several times a day.

As for the strains, I'm in a horrible non-medical state, so I really haven't got a clue about the strain. That is very unfortunate and I'm sure a big part of the problem, but nothing I can change at all :(

"Anyway it could be cannabionoid spectrum related?" ... well this is what I'm thinking. Maybe since I mailed my Underdog out I've been getting low temp hits with the MFLB or something and that would cause anxiety in my understanding. Once I get my dog back I'll start with a 13v session to see how that feels.

Aromatherapy has always seemed like mumbo jumbo to me, but it certainly can't hurt! I am not one to rule out anything without giving it a shot. Do you use the UD for aromatherapy? If I were to do this I'd need one that smells pleasant without being overpowering. I live with my family and they may object to the smells of some stronger ones. I've always liked vanilla scent and I read it is supposed to be soothing. What do you use with mild but relaxing aromatherapy with the underdog? That little cup that comes with it looks like it will actually work, unlike the aromatherapy BS that they include with other vapes.

I will look into corisol since I have never even heard of it. Thanks for taking the time to offer so much info. Anxiety is a bitch, but I have been getting to the point where I'll essentially panic myself into feeling physical illnesses and nausea. Smoking relieved these. If I was having real acid reflux or throat burning/tightness the smoke should only irritate it. The fact that it helped GREATLY makes me think that my anxiety has simply gotten worse and I need some hotter CBDS here.

darkrom,

Abysmal Vapor

First of all the new core you are getting extracts the herb very well . I got the first of the revised cores in my custom vape from the first UD contest. I also own a MW, it is a very heavy hitter capable of vaporizing 0.5 in one or two hits if you pull hard.. It does not combusts even on highest temp and leaves the herb very dark.. When i put 0.5g of my UD abv into the mw bowl.. It gives only one miserable non-worthing bad tasting puff :)..
I think also the new twigs are going to be even hotter Dave shared that he combusted cuz the herb was too close too the screen.. Also the new HI from the toasty top's creator , it is running so hot that it can accutally combust too.. I think bio got one of the and he also had combustion issues , check HI thread :).
Aromatherapy is no mumbo jumbo dude,. MDMA is made of saffras oil , Elemicin in elemi is as good as Mescaline :)..
Chamomile oil is not psychadelic but is essential to the metabolism of many essential oils also cinnamon too .Not to speak of the wormwood oil that is ingridient of the absinth :).
Those effects come only if you ingest high enough doses ofc not by vaporiing off aroma lamp :).
Orange oil ,Lemongrass oil,Blue Lotus oil,Clary sage oil,Nutmeg oil (Mystica fragrans) . If you like roses may try rose oil it is very traditional around here, one of the few things we export to the world :).
There are also anti-axiety teas like Roibos ,Honey bush Chamonile ,... etc. They are rich in micro elements that help cortisol stimulation.
Smell level can be controlled , I like just light fragrance and i use only a little.. I also got pricey medicinal grade oils that i ingest orally for recreational purposes , so i don't waste a lot vaporizing :). I put a single drop in half full aroma cup with water.

Forgot to add.. ever wondered why there are all those vegans hooked to drinking liters of vegetable juices ?
Well most vegetables contain essential oils .. On 500 salad you get 20-30 ml essential oils.
You can get high with parsley and dill juice . You need just 400 ml of 50/50% and you will be tripping on mysticin and dillapeole :).. If you add some cinnamon oil and chamomile you can boost further the effect and get some nice visiuals :D.

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Concentrates are not much of an option for me. Again non-medical state lol. I just get the plant. I would make my own, but I don't know that I want to go that route for now. I feel it will only increase my tolerance worse. I'd like to stick to just herb to simplify troubleshooting of my anxiety. Once that is all settled I could venture into the realm of concentrates again.

I'm really liking the looks of the supreme v2 because I could see the exact temp for portable vaping. With the underdog I have the variable power supply and the aqua vape, so that would allow me to vape at home HOT without irritating myself.

For the go the supreme will definitely allow me to focus on temp control. Honestly I don't mind spending the extra money to get rid of this anxiety. Temperature control is something important, along with a safe vaporizer. I'm really more or less sold on the supreme assuming I determine I can vaporize without anxiety at all.

I've got a VG Coil, but I am apparently INCREDIBLY sensitive to butane. After a few days of using it correctly I was getting sores on my inner mouth that went away after use. I definitely was using it correctly and the ABV was not scorched or anything. I have nothing but respect for vapor genie and know many who love it personally, but I am highly sensitive to it.

Assuming that I did get the supreme, its max temp is 330 degrees. How is say 300 degrees on the scale of things? I really never dealt with temps too often to figure it out. I want to try to find the optimal temp for anxiety reduction, but I am curious where other vapes temps are at.

I have this horrible fear in the back of my head that I'll need to combust to get the relief I need, which I seriously hope is not the case. Can't wait for my underdog so I can 13v that thing and hopefully be relieved.

darkrom,

SD_haze

Vapor tends to have a higher THC : other cannabinoid ratio compared to smoking.
THC is an atypical psychedelic drug and is where weed anxiety comes from.

I would say any variable temp vaporizer can get hot enough to deliver a less-thc heavy ratio, but unlikely as much as smoke.

SD_haze,

darkrom

Great Scott!
SD_haze said:
Vapor tends to have a higher THC : other cannabinoid ratio compared to smoking.
THC is an atypical psychedelic drug and is where weed anxiety comes from.

I would say any variable temp vaporizer can get hot enough to deliver a less-thc heavy ratio, but unlikely as much as smoke.

How do you feel about the supreme for my needs with a portable? I understand the drawbacks of the torch and all, but do you think 330 degrees is enough to get those CBDS out there?

darkrom,

jackmormon

darkrom,

Have you checked out the Lotus? I have over a dozen vapes and this is the one I go to for high CBD vaping and especially for use with solid concentrates. I think they are having a special right now. It is much more portable than a Supreme because it uses a small torch and heats up and cools down within seconds. (You can vape and then immediately put it in your pocket.....Try that with a Supreme and you will end up with burnt flesh!)

jackmormon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think the SV goes higher than 330 - 330 might just be the recommended max (but my old one ---- after 400 the display that is)

I was almost at combustion level then. (This was a V1 BTW)

AGBeer,

SD_haze

AGBeer said:
I think the SV goes higher than 330 - 330 might just be the recommended max (but my old one ---- after 400 the display that is)

I was almost at combustion level then. (This was a V1 BTW)

325 on the supreme is right before you start getting any benzene (usually as hot as most people would want vapor)
330+ isn't recommended for regular use for the longevity of the unit

~350 is an interesting smoke/vapor hybrid thats a real lung buster but ultra-thick clouds. Great for sleepytime or anxiety i'm sure.

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Darkrom, I would obtain a high CBD strain and try it out. CBD actually down regulates the THC "high" especially the anxiety. Vaping at higher temps will give you some of the desired effects you may feel are missing when you are not smoking. Also, after T-break you definitely will feel more effects when you get medicated again.

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Anti-emetic

Cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Anti-psychotic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

Cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anti-inflammatory, Antibiotic, Anti-fungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Anti-emetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

?-myrcene
Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic. Anti-inflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

?-caryophyllene
Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anti-inflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

?-pinene
Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor?-terpineol
Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

borneol
Boiling point: 210*C / 410 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, ?-3-carene 0.004% 168 Antiinflammatory

?-3-carene
Boiling point: 168*C / 334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anti-inflammatory

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

?-sitosterol
Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-?-reductase, inhibitor

t-dub

t-dub,

SD_haze

The only problem with the boiling points, is the digital readout on a vaporizer almost never correlates to the temperature the particles are actually heated to.

Its almost always just a reference point.

The very #1 way is like t-dub said, special CBD strains. High levels of CBD really does modify the high quite a bit.
Most indicas really dont have *that* much more CBD compared to sativa. Still much smaller % compared to THC.

Its really only in these special strains that have been thoroughly bred for it, usually labtested for confirmation.
Can definitely be tough to find but I see more and more of it every day in california, so it is becoming more popular for sure.

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
SD is correct. CBD was virtually bred out of MJ since the focus has been on THC for so long. CBD is the new frontier:

http://cbdcrew.org/

http://www.projectcbd.com/

I have a strain with some CBN, you can feel the fuzzy spot in the middle of your forehead after you medicate, If I vape some Blue Dream (high CBD), I can FEEL that fuzzy spot just get wiped away. It disappears and does not come back. CBD is real. Next I want to look into CBC but the vape temp is pretty high.

t-dub

Edit: As far as temps go, thats why I just crank up my HA and vape at max temp all the time.

t-dub,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I wish I had some way to get specific strains, but this is a non-medical state. I get whatever strain I can unfortunately. Higher temps may be my only way to get that CBD feel.

darkrom,

Nycdeisel

Not if there isnt much CBD in that strain! smoking it would only add the high from the combustion by products.

Anxiety is a huge part of my life, herb can help me quite a bit, depending on what om vaping through what. I use my rockzap for most of my needs, and it does a fine job! even better if its an indica dominant strain.

Edibles can REALLY help to relax, exactly what one needs when they have severe anxiety. I know you said you had a bad experience, but that was just a mistake, as you can tell it can be very powerful, but you can also make it so you will get a very light dose that will only give you some nice body buzzing :buzz:

I have at times felt like vaping was making it worse, but its because sometimes you really need something thats more targetted for relieving whatever it may be, like an edible, or more indica strain, or a hotter vaporizer(if that really is the problem).

I agree the MFLB will not satisfy some as an all day, every day unit. So i say stay put until you get your log vape back and then see if you still feel the same way! its the only way to find out really.

I hope you get a chance to chillax, darkrom!

Nycdeisel,

treecityrnd

darkrom said:
I wish I had some way to get specific strains, but this is a non-medical state. I get whatever strain I can unfortunately. Higher temps may be my only way to get that CBD feel.
Sorry about the non-med. Have you ever had the chance to visit a dispensary or large grow? That's what changed it all for me. I only get high CBD ratio meds. Even a 90% sativa like Super Silver Haze has a super high CBD ratio that can put me to sleep and relax my anxiety (I was on heavy benzos for a decade or more mine is so bad). I wanna say the local ratio Silver Haze CBD ratio is over 2% but don't quote me.
But like tdub and nyc said, an indica will usually do you right. Although the Trainwreck I had 2 weeks ago (90% indica) had me vacuuming the house like a Jamaican Haze heart-racing crack sativa buzz. So I definitely understand when you say some times MMJ can cause anxiety. Been there.

What amazes me is the massive range of subjective effects across different strains (i.e., different cannabinoid ratios, really). It's what makes MMJ the future of the pharmaceutical industry IMO. Don't want it to get into big businesses hands, but the potential of all the various cannabinoids as a way to specifically target so many disorders is far to tempting...along with the money. I think jealousy is one of the major reasons for the recent "federal crack down" in the US. Follow the money...

treecityrnd,

Abysmal Vapor

+1 to sativa for hich cbd sativas/hybrids.. Amnesia haze harvested late (15-16 weeks flowering) is the best shit i ever tried.. This just puts a smile on your face and makes you feel warm and safe like you are in your mothers belly..

Abysmal Vapor,

treecityrnd

Abysmal Vapor said:
+1 to sativa for hich cbd sativas/hybrids.. Amnesia haze harvested late (15-16 weeks flowering) is the best shit i ever tried.. This just puts a smile on your face and makes you feel warm and safe like you are in your mothers belly..
Perfectly stated Abysmal. High CBD sativas are a full-spectrum med. Head happy + body relaxed = heaven...or womb, whatever your pleasure ;)

treecityrnd,

darkrom

Great Scott!
You guys in medical states make me so jealous. Funny its decriminalized here for recreation, but the medicinal value is ignored.

This gross smoking time has been MUCH better than it was when I was using just the MFLB, but I can't wait for my underdog to come back so I can try some hotter vaping because smoking is nothing I want to do long term. I stink, my car stinks, I feel heavy and gross.

Underdog save me!

darkrom,

Abysmal Vapor

darkrom said:
Had a pretty strong heart rate after using MFLB last night :/
I've had racy heart from using mflb, but i think it was cause due to my zealous attemps to get satisfying fat cloud and hold it forever. Breathing like that and then not breathing may cause racy heart on it own..:)
Another thing that cames to mind.. u sure u aint allergic to your mflb ? :) I used to eat a lot of stuff when i hit my mflb.. goo,particles,ashes,dust.. that made my mouth suffer in various ways.. I am sure there are a lot of alergenes (irritatives) in my mflb.. Maybe it is cause i used it mainly on the go.. (uni,trips,driving) not the most hygien places on the earth i'd say :). So the inability to clean it proper makes the magic flight a pandora's box to people with supressed immune systhems or allergic to that kind of stuff .

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Hmmm no supressed immune system, not allergic to anything I know of. Its just walnut and I keep it in a case so besides vape buildup I'd say its pretty clean. I haven't noticed EATING anything through the stem ever :uhoh: I'm pretty sure I'd vomit haha.

I'm kind of trying to just vape sparingly with it and VERY dark only at this point. My underdog should ship back to me soon. Dave (the owner of Underdog) says it hits even harder :o So I'll be sure to test on that.

If I do enjoy the underdog effects again I'll probably pick up the gn0me like you. Those look REALLY cool for portables, but I'm trying not to get ahead of myself haha.

darkrom,

peterchen

I know that problem. I cant say that the mflb or rather its temperature makes the differences compared to other vapes. For me it's just that it's easy to underestimate how little is needed compared to smoking. sometimes even one mflb hit is enough.

I'd just go slow and take 5 min breaks between hits to prevent vaping too much. Also it helps to have a beer just before vaping; kinda calms me down.

good luck

peterchen,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
What is the CBD sativa dominant strain with the highest numbers? The only thing I've seen around here is Harlequin. Also What is a good "higher" temp to vape at to get the best effect? :)

Jeppy,

Nosferatu

Ya man I just got a 14.9 percent CBD, 1.4 percent THC strain and there is literally no high really but you get complete anxiety reduction and that warm well being feeling you always get from smoking. I was going through exactly the same thing as you recently and just slowed down my use and looked at all the factors. Here is what I suggest. Vaping hotter than you think. Try to get the point where its right before any more heat would give you a big black spot. Flavor isn't alway as good like this but once you get it doen you will never char it and feel like you are getting everything, not to mention milking the bong. Also vape Indicas if you dont and try to find a high CBD strain!

ALSO to everyone who is a victim of this anxiety and nervousness issue. Its most likely the way you eat. I dont mean to offend anyone and I'm just saying in general in America, people don't understand how humans are suppose to eat anymore. Lean meat, natural fat, fruit, and vegetables. And as much of it as you feel you need. Your meal should be 50% protein(every single time you eat in the day, unless its a natural fruit or snack) and 50% carbohydrates. This varies with metabolic type and person, but its your start. Look up some articles on this and you can get an explanation of what causes what symptoms, its very interesting. You can cover that shaky nervous anxious pit in your stomach with bud, or finnaly get to the root of the problem. People should never feel that way, its a product of this dirty toxic society we live in, so let food be thy medicine. This is coming from someone who was so shy and nervous throughout highschool, I couldn't talk to anyone and had a completely distorted sense of reality and my ego. Now I couldn't imagine a situation in the world that could get me nervous or how I used to be ever again and I'm being honest. I think one reason weed helps with anxiety is because it gets people eating more for one and may make you more aware of how what you put in your body affects your consciousness.

Nosferatu,
Top Bottom