• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaping and Weight Loss

splinter218

To deal with fibermyagia I started vaping a couple of months ago. During that time period my diet has remained the same as well as my exercise activity level. However no matter what I do I keep loosing weight(25 lbs now) My dr can't find anything wrong and I haven't told him about vaping but I can't think of anything else that could be causing it. Anyone else have this happened to them?

splinter218,

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
What about water intake? Has that increased due to the vaping? Not sure if the docs don't know.

I seriously doubt it has to do with the vaping, but I am no expert.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Cannabis definitely has an impact on your metabolism, it's something being studied a fair bit right now...

Also it takes energy to be high and affects your blood sugar levels, as well as the balance of all the minerals in our body...

People always wondered how the stoner eats crap all day an night, and is still thin. Now we are getting the studies to show how..

Just Google cannabis and metabolic rate, and many scholarly articles are available...

If you were at a steady weight with a set diet, and you changed nothing apart from consuming cannabis, I would say you would lose weight....

Don't know if this helps, I hope so...

Last edited:

bounce5

"The Vape Diet" : sounds like the scam diet book destined for the bargain bin that has yet to be released. Your post sounds like a testimonial for the vape diet.

bounce5

I wish! I want to stop loosing weight!

Highly doubt that vaping weed and weight loss is connected. If that was true others would be reporting the same results. People here vape like crazy....no other reports of weight loss ever. Let alone 25 pound weight loss.

bounce5,

splinter218

Highly doubt that vaping weed and weight loss is connected. If that was true others would be reporting the same results. People here vape like crazy....no other reports of weight loss ever. Let alone 25 pound weight loss.
Yeah. Not sure what else it could be. Nothing else has changed and dr has run blood work. Might stop for a while and see what happens. The reason I did come on here was to see if anyone has any insight because it is starting to worry me medically.

splinter218

splinter218,
Reactions: DDave

bounce5

Remember that marijuana has never killed anyone. And you can always just stop, not change other factors such as excercise and diet, and see if you gain back the weight of course. Maybe only a few people have their metabolism affected. Or maybe you have something the doctor didn't detect.

bounce5,

splinter218

Remember that marijuana has never killed anyone. And you can always just stop, not change other factors such as excercise and diet, and see if you gain back the weight of course. Maybe only a few people have their metabolism affected. Or maybe you have something the doctor didn't detect.
Yeah. I might and report back. Hopefully it isn't the latter.

splinter218,

malsanti

Dramatically under or overestimating the amount of food one consumes is pretty much the norm for every one, studies have proved. We simply cannot accurately estimate how much we eat.

malsanti,

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I was steadily losing weight when I made sure not to gorge when up (not too much at least :rofl:). On a break since I am likely to have a to test for a new job (interviewing heavily at the moment) and now I have to be VERY careful about how much I eat without the metabolism boost.

If your food intake is not increasing with cannabis, you most definitely should lose weight. Th

yogoshio,
Reactions: kellya86

Sublimator427

I've lost 40 pounds since I began consuming cannabis 2 years ago, no change in diet or exercise over that time. I'm actually on the lazier unhealthier side, not particularly active (long hours at a computer job) and eat a lot of heavy food. This is why I am confident cannabis and whatever chemical effect it has on the body is the driving force behind my weight loss, it's literally the only lifestyle change I've made in years and I'm not a model of healthy living otherwise. I was actually at my heaviest weight when I first started, 220 (I'm 5'8" so that was hefty). The pounds started coming off immediately, over the next two years without changing anything else but cannabis intake I basically just watched myself deflate down to a much better 180 and that's where I've been for a while. Feel a lot healthier and am much happier with my new body.

Sounds too good to be true but that's been my experience so far. Cannabis and vaping basically made me attractive again :lol:

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I can definitely "Weigh in" on this. I lost over 100 lbs. while making the transition to vaping and medicate daily right before I exercise. Hot Yoga and Hiking uphill are my thing. I was close to 300 lbs. before, 177lbs. right now ;)

It allowed me to not get out of breath as easily and I don't wheeze anymore hiking up that hill! I also feel like vaping gives me less of the couch lock "demotivating" feeling than smoking it did.
Just to clarify I do vape before EVERY WORKOUT. Mainly because I vape before everything though lol!
My switch to vaping didn't actually make me lose weight, but it allowed me to exercise more efficiently and allowed me to stay more motivated. Plus it's just 1 more step in the direction of a healthy lifestyle... Yes stoners can be healthy too lol!

This is my electronic scales weight tracking graph. CRAZY weight loss in 2014. I completely quit dieting in the beginning of 2015, kept up the exercise and I Just noticed I had crept up over my desired weight so I just did a 1 week super diet to drop back down below the 180 mark for our 7 day cruise next week!:rockon: Damn scale still says I'm barely fat (BMI) lol, yeah right. It should have seen me before!

59987CEF-3D2C-4749-B8B7-ED22DCA803FB_zpsuadcocxp.png

Last edited:

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
I can definitely "Weigh in" on this. I lost over 100 lbs. while making the transition to vaping and medicate daily right before I exercise. Hot Yoga and Hiking uphill are my thing. I was close to 300 lbs. before, 177lbs. right now ;)

Awesome! Great work!

Baron23

To deal with fibermyagia I started vaping a couple of months ago. During that time period my diet has remained the same as well as my exercise activity level. However no matter what I do I keep loosing weight(25 lbs now) My dr can't find anything wrong and I haven't told him about vaping but I can't think of anything else that could be causing it. Anyone else have this happened to them?
How fast did you loose this weight. Due respect to all of the above about metabolism, if yo uhave dropped 25 lbs with no other changes, then it it were me I would be beating on my Dr's door or find a new Dr. Dramatic and very quick weight loss is often a sign of deeper problems. I would look there before looking at vaping munchie inducing cannabis.

splinter218

How fast did you loose this weight. Due respect to all of the above about metabolism, if yo uhave dropped 25 lbs with no other changes, then it it were me I would be beating on my Dr's door or find a new Dr. Dramatic and very quick weight loss is often a sign of deeper problems. I would look there before looking at vaping munchie inducing cannabis.

Dr did blood work found nothing wrong. Might need to find another dr :(

splinter218,

juneshayek

I started vaping three months ago and I've lost 7 kg (15 lb) now. No change in diet or exercise. It must be the most dramatic change in weight I've ever had in my life.

25 lb sounds like a bit much for two months though. But I'd try out cutting down on the vaping before thinking about finding a new doctor. Maybe consider telling the doctor about the vaping?

juneshayek,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Whoopsies. I have gained 15kg the last 3 months through binge eating shit food, vaping too much & doing less exercise than ususal. I don't weigh myself often but I was 92kg when I quit my job & was 107kg last week :o.

Bumming around in t shirts & shorts I knew I had put on a few kegs but it was not until I went to put on a suit that it became apparent. Lets just say it was depressing going emergency suit shopping for a job interview. I feel much more comfortable being in the low 90's & aim to be back in the high 80's. Over the last decade I have been anywhere from 84-117kg & at 117kg I started to understand how hard life can be for morbidly obese people & made a big push to get my weight down to normal levels.

I feel good under 95kg & fat at 105kg but it was tough over 115kg. Just try chucking 10kg of oranges around your neck & see how bulky you get. I have removed 75% of the bad calories from my diet & made a few other changes including a minimum commitment of 30 minutes a day of exercise Thats a great achievement @mrbonsai420 & I don't buy BMI as it does not take into account your actual build.

max

Out to lunch
I don't buy BMI as it does not take into account your actual build.
True. The formula is much too simplistic. Guys who are 5' 9" or so, and 200+ lbs., and are NFL players, come out as obese, even though their actual body fat % is very low.

If vaping helps you lose weight, I think that's great, but there's no way it helps everybody, no matter what effects you're talking about.

Top Bottom