Vaping and Sweating??

mnd99

Hi there,

I don't have much knowledge about vaporizing and any science behind it. I wanted to detail some of the experiences I had with some vaporizers and I was hoping that somebody knowledgeable here could tell me what is going on and why it is happening the way it does?

I have three vaporizers right now - FlashVape, HerbalAire, Cloud+, Gn0me slider ( broke )

I noticed that ever since I got the Cloud+ - for the same strains - I SWEAT a lot. I mean I don't sweat when I use HerbalAire or Flashvape. I was only able to use the Gn0me once before it lept through my hands magically to the other side of the room and broke....blah...

back to Cloud+ = Why am I sweating so much? even after just 3 hits right now, I feel like I'm showering with sweat...I naturally sweat a lot more too....but this is a new experience. Is this something do with Cloud itself? I remember watching Sublimator videos, this was before I got the Cloud+ and in one of the videos Enrico says - "lots of sweats and lots of fun"...I didn't understand why he said sweats back then...and I just read some sublimator users reporting sweating...So is there something about the extraction capabilites of devices like Cloud+ and Sublimator that makes you sweat!!!!!!!?? or is it more like Cloud+ and Sub heating up the room itself and make you sweat??? The high is very different too...When I got HerbalAire after Flashvape - I thought it HA had the best "high" - with a good water tool - It was so internal - I hope I'm explaining things right - and when I got Cloud+ - I wouldn't say it was the best high - It was just different but best in that 'different' category - internal and external too - lot of sweating too.....writing after medicating is funny....hope this thread makes sense in a few hours :D

mnd99

Some people experience a flushing of the face and or sweating after a big hit. Bring a towel. :D

Why though? Is it because we are holding our breath throuhout this big hit and this makes your face sweat? or big dry vapor heating up things? Towel is a good idea! thanks! :D

luchiano

The thicker the cloud, the more of an adrenaline rush you are likely to get. Our lungs are meant to inhale thin, lite in weight, air consistently so when this changes the body things something is wrong, and goes into fight-or -flight mode(sympathetic nervous system) to help deliver more oxygen to the body, and get you out of harms way. A thicker cloud will mean it's heavier also, so this is a way the body sees something is wrong. Along with the respiratory system drying out from a lot of dry air.

Also, the substances being extracted are going in so fast so that may play a part also, if you have some strong stuff because now you body has to quickly process all of this stuff. If you are low in energy to allow your body to do this, you will just pass out.

EDIT:You can get the powerlung to strengthen your respiratory system, so this won't happen as much. By using resistance training with the powerlung, you increase your ability to hold heavy air which will be a thick cloud when you vape.
http://www.powerlung.com/

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
images14_zpsd55b08cf.jpg

If your vaping at 40+ use powder!

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Some people sweat on edibles, not too common but more common, it seems, in young people and people with acne or who break out easily. I know a guy who can't use edibles because he sweats so much and his forehead breaks out in zits like the Hawaiian Islands.

I sweat when I eat pot, or smoke hash oil sometimes, a little. I think it is a side effect of THC/CBD and may also depend on your body chemistry/metabolism of the moment (like everything). But I also get night sweats occasionally, for whatever reason I don't know.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Well at that age L you might as well roll the boys in bread crumbs. As Lewis Black said "when a man makes it big he should have a full-time personal ball washer"

Hey Olympus - welcome to FC. I love the avatar, you have a similar problem to me - neither one of us has a fucking nose! :lmao:

Fingerreading_zpsd0cba5c3.jpg

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Good to meet you too, mvapes. Actually, my avatar does have a nose, a tiny one. I'll give you the nose if you give me the finger. Heyhey. Gotta love finger puppets, and the whole meat puppet family.

Big Louis Black fan as well. I'd put him up there with Pryor, Bruce, Carlin and Kinison.

luchiano

Some people sweat on edibles, not too common but more common, it seems, in young people and people with acne or who break out easily. I know a guy who can't use edibles because he sweats so much and his forehead breaks out in zits like the Hawaiian Islands.

I sweat when I eat pot, or smoke hash oil sometimes, a little. I think it is a side effect of THC/CBD and may also depend on your body chemistry/metabolism of the moment (like everything). But I also get night sweats occasionally, for whatever reason I don't know.

It has something do with their ability to digest sugars/carbohydrates, along with how potent the edible is. When you eat an edible that is potent, yet you don't have a good amount of carbohydrates in your body when you take the edible, your body goes into sympathetic activation to find a way to deal with all those actives in the edible. It will send a lot of those actives to your adipose tissue, along with some of the sugars if you ingest a lot of simple sugars with the edible, this is probably why your friend breaks out a lot. I take it your friend isn't very active physically meaning some type of physical work like a manual labor job or weight training. Resistance training strengthens your ability to clean your blood of sugars/fats much better then aerobics. Aerobics help your body process the nutrients better then resistance training though. They both work together.

You will get sweaty because your body is working harder then usual to process something that is in your body in a high amount then it usually is or it is able to process.

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Amazing info, luchiano, mainly because it sounds like science and sounds like you know what the hell you are talking about. Actually the guy in question is a bud tender I know that I just happened to have this conversation with. Don't know him too well, seems he could be just a tad on the heavy side, body weight wise.

If I had to guess, I would say my night sweats are due to too much nicotine in my system. Am cutting down now, new to vaping, got some eGo-C batteries and clearomizers and standard-nic juice, no more analog cigs for me, so I'll see if my occasional night sweats go away. I am not overweight, don't "work out" too vigorously but can easily walk six miles or so per session and try to do at least half that every day.

Now I'm sweating just writing this! I got some Strawberry OG, gonna try some of that to calm the fuck down!

Oh Jesus I just saw something so terribly, terribly WRONG...

(Sorry for posting twice in a row there, moderators. That picture just scared and confused the hell outta me.)

Zookeeper

When I had a bigger vape, i always got sweaty off the first big hit. and my nose would start to run. didnt complain because it always stopped after the first round, and my sinuses were clear,assumed my pores were too,lol. After the effects set in, i sweat way less than normally. when im sober my forehead sweats like crazy. not so much when vaped out. my buddy sweats so bad from edibles that he wont eat them. which seems crazy to me cuz edibles make me run super cool... Everybodys different, i cant imagine it being bad for you, it gotta be too much surprise thc absorbtion at once.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
It's dabbing concentrates that puts me into a major sweat and headspin...... not complaining though lol ;)

darkrom

Great Scott!
Large clouds = larger "rush". I used to be a massive cloud chaser, now I like the smaller in volume but still thick clouds. I do not enjoy the "rushing" sensation anymore.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
First time I even think about vaporizng and sweating...

m0sh,

JoeKickass

Yeah I have actually the opposite reaction! If I come inside from working outside in the sun and I'm really hot and sweaty, and take a few hits all of a sudden it's like I don't feel sweaty/dirty anymore lol. But it does make the shower afterwards slightly more challenging (I have to focus to keep from spacing out about something :lol:)

JoeKickass,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom