Vaping and pets

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I tried to research the effect of cannabis on pets and just wanted to double check what I found.

Vapor doesn't harm/affect them as long as it isn't really concentrated. So just don't hotbox them and don't blow in their faces and it should be ok.

Smoking is similar to vapor in how it affects them, but smoke period is super hurtful for pets and can lead to all sorts of harmful and terminal shit.

Eating it absolutely affects them.

When it does affect them it's a really negative experience and they can get disoriented/vertigo, agitated, throw up, etc. Them stumbling around isn't feel good high behavior, it's super sick feeling like shit behavior.

I apologize if posting a thread that's already been done or if this is in the wrong forum, I tried to search for a similar thread and didn't find one.

StormyPinkness,

killick

But I like it!
My 70 lb doodle was walking like a drunken sailor after 3 oatmeal cookies the cat shoved on the floor. Even sitting down he'd just slowly tip over to the left until he was *almost* over, but not quite. Anyways he slept it off and was happy and hungry the next day.

My only edible accident. We don't have kids, but we do have an AHole cat who likes throwing things around. Oh, wait, the cat did eat a weenie brownie I left on the kitchen table. Nothing left but a bit of dust, and you'd never know cat was any different whatsoever... Ahole... but a fun one :)

killick,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've had parakeets over the years and they LOVE pot seeds. Anyone remember seeds in the bag? I had a parakeet who had the run of the house and whenever I would light up (back when I com-busted) he would land on my shoulder and wait. If I didn't have any seeds to offer he would climb onto my eye glasses and would lower himself, upside down, in front of my lips when I exhaled. Didn't seem to affect him physically but every now and then, toward the end, he'd do this loud squawk/chirp thing that I interpreted as 'Dude, this shit is duh bomb!' I guessed it was a happy squawk because it was the same sound he made when he was happy and excited.

I never exhaled smoke at my dogs because their snouts are way to sensitive and my cats could care less.

little maggie

Wouldn't the specific strain you are using make a difference? High CBD and low THC should be fine for a dog. My girl has been on cannabis pills for dogs without a problem.
Blowing vapor at her face would not be ok but being close without being directly in the vapor seems like it would be ok.

killick

But I like it!
@psychonaut Thanks for the tip! I've just started experimenting with VG. I tend to keep it in the fridge, but every now and then I put a few drops in a tablespoon, with a drop of flavor, and make my own shots for the vape. I usually make enough for 3 or 4 stems, so have been leaving it on the counter for awhile. I'll be a bit more careful in future.

His_Highness

Wouldn't the specific strain you are using make a difference? High CBD and low THC should be fine for a dog. My girl has been on cannabis pills for dogs without a problem.
Blowing vapor at her face would not be ok but being close without being directly in the vapor seems like it would be ok.

Hmmmmmm...my experience is based on my combustion days and now I'm wondering if vapor would be as painful as smoke to a dog's sensitive snout. I googled it and got nothing other than ingestion episodes that mostly point to MJ ingestion at the right dosages being a good way to deal with a dog's chronic (no pun intended) pain.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Any links or sources for the information?
Sorry, I searched for all that on my home computer (never work) but I went home to try to find the main resource I used and completely can't find it. I want to say vaporpedia used to have a page on it or something, I remember it being wiki looking. I'm going to look again tonight. I also got distracted by the mystery science theater 3000 reunion show last night.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Sorry, I searched for all that on my home computer (never work) but I went home to try to find the main resource I used and completely can't find it. I want to say vaporpedia used to have a page on it or something, I remember it being wiki looking. I'm going to look again tonight. I also got distracted by the mystery science theater 3000 reunion show last night.

Nice! I was at the MST3K reunion yesterday too! I have been to all the live Riff Trax events.

Krazy

One time whilst helping a friend prepare brownies they were a bit less careful than I would have been and let the dog out while brownies were cooling on top of a car in the winter. The very unagile canine discovered her inner agility dog and you can guess the rest.

Took the dog to the vet because they were dark chocolate brownies and cocoa is poised to dogs. The vet tried to tell my friend that the marijuana often kills pets and that the sevear distress was caused not by the chocolate but by the devils weed!

I researched this pretty well back in the day. You can find veterinary reports and even refer madness type studies claiming "marijuana poising" killing dogs. In all cases it is either actually cocoa poisoning or a combination of vomiting from what they ate combined with asphyxiating because of being uber fucked up. A 20lbs dog eating 2lbs of canna butter is like me eating over 20lbs of butter.

As far as blowing smoke or vape at a pet of kid? People like that are ammunition for the refer madness crowd.

Krazy,

His_Highness

As far as blowing smoke or vape at a pet of kid? People like that are ammunition for the refer madness crowd.

If you want to see that ammunition loaded and discharged.....blow a vape cloud in the direction of just about any child, with that child's parents around, while they are aware of what's in that cloud. Even an experienced vapist would probably go off. I know I would.

His_Highness,
Reactions: vapirtoo
Top Bottom