Vaping and dental care

TheWhisper

Not in my experience. The only concern would be keeping your gums from drying out due to cottonmouth, but that's a concern shared with combustion too.

I floss once a day and, usually, only brush my teeth once a day too (unless I eat something sugary or sticky). I also go in for regular dental checkups, and they say my teeth look good.

Keep in mind that one's dental hygiene, as with any body care routine, is specific to that person. YMMV.

Bad Ocelot

I wouldn't think it would stain like smoking, though I could be wrong. But vape devices & the water in water tools doesn't seem to get stained like with combustion. Obviously you get some oil condensation in certain spots, but that's a bit different.

Bad Ocelot,
Reactions: lookhigh

j-bug

It can lightly stain your teeth and my dentist, who has a lot of patients who use cannabis and is ok with it's use as he acknowledges the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, actually asked if I had started using cannabis since I last saw him as THC can and does subtly stain your teeth. He said brushing well in the areas it's passing over and exhaling through your nose are ways to minimize teeth staining from thc. He also recommended using edible forms of administration (as long as they aren't insanely sugary) when that is a viable option.

Vambo1980

I use Listerine mouth wash, the purple one that has alcohol in it. It's the only thing (minty) that cleans out your mouth of the resin.

I was under the impression that the antibacterial nature of the resin will help your mouth out generally. Although i still mouth wash before and after brushing before bed every night.

j-bug

Oh yeah the stain was only mentioned as a cosmetic concern not as a this is a problem that needs fixing/changing. Just that aesthetically it might be worth doing something differently. I like the mouthwash suggestion, makes sense.

j-bug,
Reactions: lookhigh

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
It only makes sense that over time yes even vapor can stain your teeth. It's not as potent a stain as coffee, tea, and smoking; but it leaves discolouring residue everything else it routinely passes over.

Top Bottom