Vaping and deep breathing

stressed

i'd did a tiny bit of yoga back in the day. I wasn't getting the head high i wanted, so i decided to just stand there and do some deep, slow breathing. in through the nose, out through the mouth.

i did it maybe 8 times with my eyes closed and all of a sudden i was noticeably higher than i was a minute before. i've done it a few more times and i like the effect.

i do some deep breathing just before i sleep and now ima do it when i vape too.

i understand about deep breathing exercises and getting "high" but this nicely added to my high and i think it's worth a try when you are bored.

do you do something like this sometimes? i'm going to experiment with it.
like a scientist! :)

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
i'd did a tiny bit of yoga back in the day. I wasn't getting the head high i wanted, so i decided to just stand there and do some deep, slow breathing. in through the nose, out through the mouth.

i did it maybe 8 times with my eyes closed and all of a sudden i was noticeably higher than i was a minute before. i've done it a few more times and i like the effect.

i do some deep breathing just before i sleep and now ima do it when i vape too.

i understand about deep breathing exercises and getting "high" but this nicely added to my high and i think it's worth a try when you are bored.

do you do something like this sometimes? i'm going to experiment with it.
like a scientist! :)
@stressed as long as you do this for science, then yes, I do approve. :clap:

biohacker

Absolutely 100% agree that the deep breathing makes a big difference....perhaps extra o2?

Check out Wim Hof Method if you really wanna trip balls! This dude beat depression after his wife jumped out of a window due to schizo, raised his own family and set 20 guiness book of world records as well as having university textbooks rewritten, as he's proved that we can have full control of the autonomic nervous system and immune system.

Breathe Motherfuckers! :peace:

biohacker

It's life changing IMO. I've been doing cold thermogenesis for a while now and it's incredible...I do the alternating hot and cold and then finish with cold. Check out Dr Jack Kruse as well if you're interested...he's a neurosurgeon who got bored with dentistry lol Smartest biohacker and doctor i've ever come across. Not so much from a breathing point of view, but cold thermo, diet, energy, light, magnetism....cool stuff indeed.

jay87

I do tend to copy deep breathing yoga techniques when I'm taking draws off of certain vaporizers (Looking at you FF2) ;)

For me I just think it gives the same relaxing benefits as normal deep breathing exercises, with a little bit of fun vapor thrown into the mix :clap:

stressed

+1

@lwien 's technique may be usefull :nod:
i do that too when i'm not too high to remember. when we were low on weed back in high school, we'd do different breathing things to stretch the high as much as we could.

i'm enjoying this deep breathing thing. the only problem is remembering to do it when i get nicely high. i need to make a sign. :)

since i started vaping, my lungs are much clearer allowing me to take some really deep breaths without a problem.

i love my herbalizer.

hinglemccringleberry

Check out Wim Hof Method if you really wanna trip balls! This dude beat depression after his wife jumped out of a window due to schizo, raised his own family and set 20 guiness book of world records as well as having university textbooks rewritten, as he's proved that we can have full control of the autonomic nervous system and immune system.

Dude - thank you for this. I had never heard of Wim Hof, but ironically I've gotten into cold showers and ice baths for about a year now because of the benefits to the body that it gives, and I had a feeling that it was toughening me up. And that the deep breathing induced by it was part of the magic.
I listened to the Joe Rogan podcast he was on and love his meditative approach to healing whatever's wrong with the body while simultaneously immersing the body in the cold. The meditative aspect of what he does is very much aligned with eastern/Hindu/Buddhist practices of meditation and it's really cool to see some scientific validation of what he's doing.

Last edited:

biohacker

So happy to hear! Wim Hof is a mentor and incredible inspiration. I've been leaning on his techniques to help get me through my cannabis break. It's amazing what a cold shower can do for low mood! But the hyper-oxygenation is something on another level, similar to getting high IMO! Just don't pass out! lol

Amazing how long you are able to hold your breathe after doing the technique eh? I do the breathe hold while doing pushups.

Breathing is life! Sunshine, water, grounding, clean diet, respecting the sacred herb..... ahhhh the simple things....it's all so clear now!

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
i do that too when i'm not too high to remember. when we were low on weed back in high school, we'd do different breathing things to stretch the high as much as we could.

i'm enjoying this deep breathing thing. the only problem is remembering to do it when i get nicely high. i need to make a sign. :)

since i started vaping, my lungs are much clearer allowing me to take some really deep breaths without a problem.

i love my herbalizer.

@stressed it is bugging me but I think your signature is from a Sting song?

EverythingsHazy

Disclaimer: I'm not sure about the safety of any of this, so do the research and check with your dr before trying any of these techniques.

I practice the 4-7-8 breathing technique, and it gives a mild, yet very noticeable, Cannabis-like relaxing buzz. It's supoosed to help with anxiety and also going to sleep.

If you do it while vaporizing, it definitely seems to enhance the strength of the buzz, even if just temporarily.

I would advise against doing it while operating a motor vehicle, or doing anything else that would be unsafe when lightheaded. It's more powerful than you'd expect from simple breathing.

I wasn't sure if the 4:15 ratio of inhaling to holding/exhaling was dropping blood oxygen levels, causing the lightheaded buzz and relaxation (which I'd think would be unsafe), so I just tested my blood oxygen % with a portable finger meter from CVS, and it was at 99-100% during the 4 full breath cycles (4-7-8 done 4x consecutively).

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: biohacker

stressed

Disclaimer: I'm not sure about the safety of any of this, so do the research and check with your dr before trying any of these techniques.

I practice the 4-7-8 breathing technique, and it gives a mild, yet very noticeable, Cannabis-like relaxing buzz. It's supoosed to help with anxiety and also going to sleep.

If you do it while vaporizing, it definitely seems to enhance the strength of the buzz, even if just temporarily.

I would advise against doing it while operating a motor vehicle, or doing anything else that would be unsafe when lightheaded. It's more powerful than you'd expect from simple breathing.

I wasn't sure if the 4:15 ratio of inhaling to holding/exhaling was dropping blood oxygen levels, causing the lightheaded buzz and relaxation (which I'd think would be unsafe), so I just tested my blood oxygen % with a portable finger meter from CVS, and it was at 99-100% during the 4 full breath cycles (4-7-8 done 4x consecutively).
i love Dr weil. i did this technique before and then forgot about it. time to try again. :)

Top Bottom