Vaping after major jaw surgery - story + tl;dr, with theory + question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGstacks

I read so many warnings and told myself I wasn't going to do it. They were like.. "nooo the suction." or maybe "the hot vapors will cause the blah blah.." and whatever. I never read anywhere that the actual marijuana vapour itself would cause any harm. So then fuck it.

My surgery was intense. They sawed off my top jaw, moved it forward, broke and rearranged my lower jaw, pulled out my wisdom teeth and screwed a chunk of bone to my chin. They gave me T3's for this.

Well fuck you T3's; keep me up all night and remove my ability to shit? Again, fuck you.

So my jaw isn't wired shut or anything. I do know about the dry socket warnings but that's from smoke + suction, which I planned on eliminating. Then there was the concern about the hot vapour, well ... I dunno don't make it so hot right?

So I couldn't take it. I didn't sleep for 6 days straight, I felt like I was living in some sort of delusional alternate reality that I just merely existed in. I needed to sleep. So last night, I thought about it and ultimately - fuck it.

I spent probably 2 hours searching for all the components of my vape, found them, kept telling myself throughout the hunt that not being able to find my vape wasn't a sign to not smoke. I had to pirate my gf's laptop power cord to complete the package (which led to a NETFLIX CAN FUCKING WAIT argument). I set up and then lowered my temp by 42 degrees F. (I don't know why I had it set to fucking farenheit, I might as well have been setting it in kelvins) it rested at 350. I hooked up my bag, set the fan to 3 and waited. This is the part that was well thought out....:

I took the bag and put it between my legs and just kind of basked in the goodness of the vapour. I kind of squeezed the vape bag like a bagpipe and then pushed my face around in it like Enrique Iglesias in front of a fan or a summer breeze. Ultimately the only damage this caused was excessive laughter (which you can imagine was uncomfortable), followed by a realization that I was fucking rocked socksless. Double ultimately - mission accomplished.

tl;dr: Anyway, long story short - I vaped last night 6 days post-op and slept for the first time in 6 days. If I encounter any complications because of this I will post it in this thread and then just consider myself a martyr for marijuana science.

Theory

If the body requires rest to recover, you can't sleep when you're in pain and the pain meds they prescribe you keep you awake all night - you need something else.

If edibles are too difficult to dose, plus you are eating only blended shit - you would have to put butter in your smoothie which is fucking disgusting....

If you can't get everclear in your country (unconfirmed but I highly doubt the LCBO would be stocking any everclear) not to mention it's probably got the gluten and I'm celiac.

If you are smart you should be able to vape without suffering.

Question!

What does vapourized marijuana consist of? Is there anything harmful about the actual vapour itself as long as any combustion is avoided.

Thanks for reading.

Rover

The Rasta Jew
I underwent similar surgery last summer. Be EXTREMELY careful. Dry socket you can get just from drinking with a straw, as my sister found out. You could probably make ABV brownies and blend those into a milkshake. That's what I did. Be careful eating apples even months after. I currently have a semi-broken jaw because of an apple I ate a 2 weeks ago. As for what's in MJ, you will be fine so long as you don't forget that you can't move your face normally. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.
Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom