Vaping after Gynecomastia (Chest) Surgery?

msk123

5 days ago I had gynecomastia surgery which is basically surgery on your chest to remove certain tissues. my instructions say to not smoke for up to 2 weeks afterwards, but would vaporizing be okay? The main issue is that smoke sometimes prevents stitches from healing properly but I suppose vapor goes around that problem? Anyone have experience with something similar?

msk123,

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
After having major surgery this past winter, I'd probably just find a way to eat it for another week or so.

I've seen too many complications after surgery and my fear of mrsa would have me doing anything possible to prevent infection.

msk123

After having major surgery this past winter, I'd probably just find a way to eat it for another week or so.

I've seen too many complications after surgery and my fear of mrsa would have me doing anything possible to prevent infection.
makes sense. they said theres a really low chance of infection but better safe than sorry right?

msk123,

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
makes sense. they said theres a really low chance of infection but better safe than sorry right?
Yes, I'd say that the chances are very very low that this could happen. But an infection that you and I might not even notice could be severe with a weakened system.

Thinking good thoughts for your brother.

ChippyMalone,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
First off, good luck and i wish you the best. Secondly, as CM stated it would be best to follow directions. However, if your wounds are external only, and if you are a vaporist only...... I personally don't smoke. Do you?

Jeppy,

msk123

First off, good luck and i wish you the best. Secondly, as CM stated it would be best to follow directions. However, if your wounds are external only, and if you are a vaporist only...... I personally don't smoke. Do you?
That was exactly my train of thought. I do not smoke. Plus I figured I could wear a hoodie for extra layering and blow my vapor out the window for safety. Either way, I'm going in for my checkup today so I'll ask the doc what he thinks.

Furry

My brother had gynecomastia Surgery 3 months back from a cosmetic surgery clinic in Toronto. He was told by the doctor that he should not drink alcohol or smoke at least two weeks post-surgery. Smoking affects healing by decreasing blood supply, and thus oxygen to the healing tissues. One cigarette will temporarily decrease the circulation to the surgical wound, but should not affect the final result. Just as important as not smoking after surgery is also not smoking at least 2 weeks before surgery. Good luck and be safe.

Furry,

VANVAS

I had gynecomastia 2 years ago and my dr. said the same, don't smoke !
But i don't know if you guys know this: marihuana can increase gynecomastia ! Google it!

VANVAS,
Top Bottom