Vaping ABV?

Archaicrevival

Okay so I took about 2 ounces of ABV and put it in the freezer for 30mins sifted it through a 4 stage grinder. I got a very soft light brown result. I'm vaporizing it on the 3rd setting of the haze dual v3 in the cans.

Am I wasting my time? I'm not sure I want to eat it I never had any much with 11 oh thc. I wonder if there are cannabinoid left, I like to be as efficient as possible.

Here is a before and after vaping

G8vqVdr.jpg

ronads

If you have 2 OZ, cook some with it, make QWISO, play about with it and see what works. Experiment! I wouldn't use it all in one go. You might be surprised as to what results. It does look pretty dark but you do have a high quantity. I use my abv on a 1 - 2 g basis, and using small amounts lets me to test out different uses of it

Archaicrevival

If you have 2 OZ, cook some with it, make QWISO, play about with it and see what works. Experiment! I wouldn't use it all in one go. You might be surprised as to what results. It does look pretty dark but you do have a high quantity. I use my abv on a 1 - 2 g basis, and using small amounts lets me to test out different uses of it

I don't like 11-oh-thc it's not the same as thc, that's why I don't eat cannabis.

hinglemccringleberry

There could be some noids left if it was never run over 400F and you still got a cloud on your final draw.
I save AVB that was never run on high. Otherwise, it gets tossed.
I'll blend my AVB with fresh herb every now and then, anywhere from 50:50 to 70:30 fresh herb:ABV just to make my herb last alittle bit longer when I'm getting low.

Last edited:

machine.screw

Also depends on how efficient your vape device is. Elbow packing in my eq with the original cyclone bowl is not to efficient as indicated by the light brown appearance. IMO,The lighter your abv the better.

vapirtoo

I agree that the lighter ABV is better.
That really coffee ground dark ABV is spent and should be tossed. IMHO
When I separate the dark pellets from the light pellets , I feel like the bouncer at the old cotton club in Harlem. Only light skinned women could be dancers.

Archaicrevival

Nope, no bubbler I made a gravity Bong though, but it doesn't make sense to go past 380, thc starts to boil as low as 315.
Sweet Jesus (pardon my French), crank that V3 beotch up to heat #4 :) If you want more goodies extracted, give it max heat.
Do you have a glass bubbler to help with the higher heat??

Archaicrevival

I'm a little baffled by your question. Have you not tried it? If so, did it get you high. There is empirical evidence and then there is just a bunch of us yapping away on a BBS. LOL

If you get high (in a reasonably efficient manner), then its worth it....no?
Well it depends I'm not sure the quality is the best as far as byproducts:cannabinoid ratio after a certain point. Also as I have asthma and take a medication to further lower inflammation in theory thc & cbd should be beneficial, my interest is in obtaining cannabinoids and as little as possible of anything else. I'm just not sure those high temps aren't also releasing things like benzene.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If I have some light ABV I will mix that in with a little of the fresh ground bud on occasion. Or if I take out some really dark ABV left in my stem but at the bottom will be a lighter color I will mix that in with some fresh.

Most of the time I save my ABV for edibles. Nothing goes to waist. A lot of good ideas here on FC. You can save the lighter ABV (indica) to vaporize at night at a high heat to help get you to sleep.

uhranium

ABV needs a lot of heat up time, but still can give you an effect, even thought it is very much on the sleepy side. Getting all cannabinoids out of the weed (that's the moment when you toss that stuff) takes so fin long, that I only would recommend it, if you got a lot of time and am completely out of fresh weed.

For example it could take me two sessions on the solo to finish up a full stem. But it isn't 100% finished then. If you come back at a later time and run a 3rd session at level 7 you will still feel effects, but only if you are pretty sober beforehand.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Worth it? Depends.

I think part of the trick is how quickly does your ABV gets cooled down after you pull it. If it left to slowly cools down, then there is less to factor in. Extreme dark is O.K. for me, but carbon black and scorching seems to take away. I toss that outright. :2c: And I recently read an article about burnt toast and potatoes. :uhh:

I can get away with revaping with my EVO and the ELBs because the basket doesn't get hot so much as say a conduction vape. Love them ELBs for revaping.:love:They make it worth it.
Sometime I have a rotation going with the ELBs. I also stir and breakup the contents inside the ELB often as opposed to dumping and reworking it. Had more mess and fuss and experimenter with the ole' EQ and other vapes.

But when it gets too powdery, it can make a mess of things under any circumstance, IT is however the perfect consistency for 30 seconds of shaking in jar of ISO. :D

Also if breaking it down further in some manner to be revaped is worthwhile. :hmm: If it is nearer to black than brown, then decide QWISO or food, unless you are desperate. :sherlock:

Another factor, will it dirty my vape? Will I get anything worthwhile from the mass I saved after the surface has been sufficiently vaped?

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I don't bother to revape abv, unless i am out somewhere and run out of fresh.

Rather, i just save it until i have a couple of medicine containers worth and then grind it as fine as possible and put it in alcohol to make a tincture.

Leave it a week or two. Strain out the solid material and toss it. Drink about 5 ml of the resulting liquid, usually in another drink. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Relatively simple. Not too much work. Big payoff. Thanks FC...

Before I came across this tip, i did hate tossing abv as i knew there were still goodies there unless it was almost completely black. Like i said (wrote). Thanks FC.

ginolicious

If you decide to do a qwiso make sure you have about 1-3 ounces of ABV. You do not want a very thin film. The thicker film the better when you purge.

ginolicious

It will taste like smoking resin from a bong or pipe. Not that gross and gets you high. It's a good back up. Persoanlly I'm vaping mine cause I'm almost out of bud. I usually make my batch once every 2 months of so. Puts shit to good use.

ginolicious,
Reactions: kellya86

StormG94

Forever a student
I love re-vaping. I feel like I get so much more out of my herb. There's no way I can provide exact temps, but I'll usually vape my herb at around 12 on the EVO, 4 on the Solo, and a few mid-temp Vapcap sessions. Then, when it comes time to re-vape, I'll crank the EVO up to 3. Usually it takes twice as much herb to achieve roughly the same effect as fresh, but its not too much of a hassle.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
It will taste like smoking resin from a bong or pipe. Not that gross and gets you high. It's a good back up. Persoanlly I'm vaping mine cause I'm almost out of bud. I usually make my batch once every 2 months of so. Puts shit to good use.

I wouldn't vape it, can't stand the taste.....
But a spoon full down the hatch will glue you to the couch for the forseeable future....
I mix it with honey so it doesn't taste as bad....

C No Ego

a nut butter smoothie hides the abv flavor and has plenty of fats to absorb the thc/cbd into as well. just grind fine the abv and add it into the smoothie and blend... use lecithin to add lipid fats in there and any type of oils you are comfortable using like olive, coconut etc... and raw honey or chocolate.. Enjoy!

Top Bottom