1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vapin stems??

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by Bankrupt-Music, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Bankrupt-Music

Bankrupt-Music Amnesia

A friend asked if this was effective and I had no clue. Can you get a buzz Vaping good stem?
  2. Fully Melted

Fully Melted It's OK to enjoy your medicine.

I usually eat the burger but throw out the wrapper.
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  3. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Stems do contain actives, but you'd have to vape a heck of a lot to get medicated from them.
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  4. Puffers

Puffers Well-Known Member

They are mostly CBD like cannabinoids in the stems, they can have medicinal uses but not so much psychoactive more ABV like. I grind mine and throw em into a jar of iso dedicated for the duty. This makes a great topical for muscle pain. Some people crockpot the stems in oil with long extraction times for edibles. Very CBD rich :tup:
  5. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

I collect the 'fine' stems from within the bud and put them aside to run a concentrate down the road.

Sorry, I've been blessed in my use and never had to attempt vaping them. I'm more into the bud's 'flavorful' aspect of vaping as its a pleasurable ritual experience for me.

I imagine that if desperate times call for desperate measures are in play.... then by all means, because the choice is obvious.
  6. audiodelic

audiodelic Holy Herb ... Boom Shiva !

Be well aware that when you vape stem's it tastes like crap and you end p coughing a lot too
  7. Ratm22

Ratm22 Professional Vaporist

What kind of stems are you vaping? Rotted tree limbs? Maybe too high of temp? Coughing more?

My vaped stems always taste awesome. Better than any brick herb. Chewing them is delicious as well. Or you could cook with them. The possibilities are endless.
    Tweek likes this.
  8. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

I'm a big fan on chewing on 'em, too. :tup:

:peace:
    Tweek likes this.
  9. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Nice I thought I was the only one.
  10. audiodelic

audiodelic Holy Herb ... Boom Shiva !

Vaping excessive stems in my In bud with the halater has made me cough hard at 5 on the dial.
  11. AGBeer

AGBeer Lost in Thought

Vaping stems obviously wouldnt have *as* much effect as tasty bud, but it will work...

I have seen people make icewater hash with their stems successfully, or even more popular (as stated in here) is the ISO soak for either topical application or evap to a gummy resin/hash.

I have done both of the afore mentioned and they both work, although I prefer to use my stemwash as the topical muscle rub.
    Ratm22, Tweek and Puffers like this.
  12. VaporEyes

VaporEyes Vaporization Aficionado Accessory Maker

Since I've been unable to get any herb as of late(hate having to deal with dealers and the black market:disgust:) I vaped some of my stems. Was it my best session? No, but they did get me to a pleasant state(definitely more CBD than THC). I used my LSV and WPA and turned it slightly higher than I usually do(~"1"). Not a lot of visible vapor but we all know you don't have to see it to know it's working. So, yes, you can vape stems and it will work but unless you're desperate you won't need to do this.
    smokum and FrogBoy138 like this.
  13. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

When I get a huge stem, I cut it almost into powder and vape it. Not taty, but gives one good cloud - for free.
  14. FrogBoy138

FrogBoy138 Well-Known Member

It's better then smoking them but I can't get a good hit at all. I'm going to start saving them to add to QWISO run or even ISO bong reclaim ghetto hash. YUMMY
    smokum likes this.
  15. Karuna

Karuna Member

Great ideas for the use of stems! Since I begun vaping I usually cut them up and mix them with the rest of the bud. The taste is not harsh at all. Very smooth. I like the cooking idea very much. I'm gonna try it.
  16. AdmiralAlpacha

AdmiralAlpacha Well-Known Member

I will grind up the small ones with my herb, if there is any larger ones I either toss them or occasionally chew on them while I prepare my vape.
  17. Belgianvapor

Belgianvapor Well-Known Member

I had alot of "left over" klippings, stems, tiny tiny buds etc wich I sorted a bit and then ground up and put it in a box to vape.
    It's not the best taste you can have compared to only bud and I don't like the taste in the INH or PAX but to be honest, in the puffit it tastes great (and I don't have the rubber taste in the puffit) it gives me the same buzz only it feels like it doesn't last as long.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors