Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
EonBlue said:
Couple pics and quick impressions...this thing is a beast, took a little bit to get it dialed in but once I did I couldnt quit hitting it. The Vertigo tube is beefy its feels really solid and hits fantastic.

The taste I get with that little bubble mouth piece is awesome :brow:

still getting acquainted....:peace:

http://i.imgur.com/XqpXL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UhNzU.jpg

THAT HT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL :). Did any "hydrastand" come with it? Because I feel that that tube would be awkward to have standing up without fear of breaking. Hopefully VXC included something.

Elluzion,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
EonBlue said:
Couple pics and quick impressions...

Just wanted to comment on your photos, really nice! Simple, great lighting and a warmth overall that makes the Cloud and the glass even more appealing!

VapeArts,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
EonBlue said:
vape4life said:
Eon: what do you mean by dialed it in? Did u not like the noon position on the dial?

What's that glass piece in your pic? Like a hydratube without the hydra? Lol

The noon position is perfect, I think I might have been running my other vapes a little too hot :)

just getting used to it.

The glass mouth piece is from a bubbler, its much better than a whip.

the beauty of this vape, is you don't need to pump the temp to get thick vapor. :)
low temp vapor, is no longer wispy. I settled in at 11:15 to 11:30 myself.

IAmKrazy2,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Ok I got some questions for those who got the cloud.

First off, were you able to vape with the cloud while laying on your bad? just like I do with a whip...this must be the only "bad" thing I can say about this vape since vaping in my bad with my GF is pure sublime...

2nd question, how is the social reaction? do people like it, does it do the job when there's few people around?

m0sh,

hereatlast

Good to see some more units out there.

If I didn't mention it above I think an overall remark is called for (though obvious): the Cloud is truly a great unit. The smoothness of the vapor can be pretty wild.

I've been having a lot of fun playing with other glass and the Cloud (after a period of not letting the HT out of my sight). The airflow and taste really allow each piece of glass to shine. I repeat: small volume pieces are a LOT of fun as well, no need for a monster tube IMO.

Will look to try and get some pics of the Sov. trees and VX HT if no one beats me to the punch this weekend.
:)

hereatlast,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Elluzion said:
Did any "hydrastand" come with it? Because I feel that that tube would be awkward to have standing up without fear of breaking. Hopefully VXC included something.

IIRC this has come up before. The short answer is "no", the stand is a future.

oldiebutgoodie,

max

Out to lunch
m0sh said:
First off, were you able to vape with the cloud while laying on your bad? just like I do with a whip...this must be the only "bad" thing I can say about this vape since vaping in my bad with my GF is pure sublime...
You can't even recline much in your easy chair IF you have water in the HT. If you want to use the HT dry, you can stand on your head. ;)

do people like it, does it do the job when there's few people around?
Since there's no learning curve and the hits are both big and smooth, what's not to like?

max,

oldiebutgoodie

m0sh said:
. . . how is the social reaction? do people like it, does it do the job when there's few people around?

I take this not to mean "there's few people" but rather "there's a few people", as in, when there are more people around vs like just solo . . . and, the question also inferred is whether it "does the job" since there are more hitters. Right?

I haven't used it myself, but others here have commented on this a number of times. From what I've read . . .

First, the reaction has been consistently positive; SM has a lot of new friends. :)

Second, the unit does a good job of holding its temp, so it can be hit repeatedly or shared without having to wait or adjust the unit (that's a different matter than increasing temp to vape up the scale as the session progresses).

Third, there is the matter of sharing one's HT especially since the Cloud hits so strong; for myself, I plan very close supervision with people moving to the Cloud rather than passing it around. Once I've done show-and-tell and got bragging rights, I may just use different glass or rig a short whip to my bubbler to share because I don't trust a group of blotto's to handle my HT. Selfish? You bet. So shoot me.

oldiebutgoodie,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
hereatlast said:
I repeat: small volume pieces are a LOT of fun as well, no need for a monster tube IMO.
hereatlast, you still have that Itza Nano? I've almost pulled the trigger on one several times now and I'm curious how well it pairs with the Cloud?

AgentofChaos,

vape4life

Banned for life
I'm trying to be patient....soooo thought we would all be in the clouds by now. I remember laughing at someone posting we'll be clouding up the sky by 4/20, but not only does that seem reasonable now, but i'm thinking later preorders will not see this unit until the summer? Makes me really wonder, could they be personally hand assembling these? After the PCB issues, it kind of was swept into the dark, and then the new issue of CC processor took over. I dunno, just seems like after 2 years and now I guess officially "launched" (for a few anyway), this is something that I have yet to experience in any other vaporizer manufacturer. But I guess those manufacturers don't make the Cloud, so I dunno. Just venting some frustrations for this thing...i've been really good up until now, but watching a few get there clouds is really making me drool and I supposed the jealosy has got to me! lol

With that said, at this point all I want is "guesstimate" on when i'll actually get this thing.... I mean even a timeline within 2 months would help. Or should later preorders start thinking 2013 is a more probable timeline? Then i'll simply stop caring since there will be no clouds when the mayan calendar ends! lol

vape4life,

m0j0h4nd

vape4life said:
I'm trying to be patient....soooo thought we would all be in the clouds by now. I remember laughing at someone posting we'll be clouding up the sky by 4/20, but not only does that seem reasonable now, but i'm thinking later preorders will not see this unit until the summer? Makes me really wonder, could they be personally hand assembling these? .....(more stuff cut out due to length)

I think they absolutely have to be hand assembling them. No other reason makes sense.

m0j0h4nd,

Troi

vape4life said:
I'm trying to be patient....soooo thought we would all be in the clouds by now. I remember laughing at someone posting we'll be clouding up the sky by 4/20, but not only does that seem reasonable now, but i'm thinking later preorders will not see this unit until the summer? Makes me really wonder, could they be personally hand assembling these? After the PCB issues, it kind of was swept into the dark, and then the new issue of CC processor took over. I dunno, just seems like after 2 years and now I guess officially "launched" (for a few anyway), this is something that I have yet to experience in any other vaporizer manufacturer. But I guess those manufacturers don't make the Cloud, so I dunno. Just venting some frustrations for this thing...i've been really good up until now, but watching a few get there clouds is really making me drool and I supposed the jealosy has got to me! lol

With that said, at this point all I want is "guesstimate" on when i'll actually get this thing.... I mean even a timeline within 2 months would help. Or should later preorders start thinking 2013 is a more probable timeline? Then i'll simply stop caring since there will be no clouds when the mayan calendar ends! lol

@Vapeforlife and several other members on the forum who have been asking for a timeline. VapeXhale will not provide a timeline as we are not completely in control of this process. Rest assured that everything we are in control of we are working very hard, some members of the company have been putting in 60+ hours a week, everything that can be done to roll these out as fast as possible is being done. But since we have lead time on raw components, a manufacturer that's learning, we are unable to quote anyone on a timeline. As things become available and ready for release we will continue to send out emails and when we reach milestones we will be sure to announce them on FC.

Thank you for everyone who has been patiently waiting, all we can ask is that you continue to do so. We are not going to compromise quality just to release our product as vapor enthusiasts we have high standards of a ready product; and that's the only thing we want to deliver.

Troi,

Troi

m0j0h4nd said:
vape4life said:
I'm trying to be patient....soooo thought we would all be in the clouds by now. I remember laughing at someone posting we'll be clouding up the sky by 4/20, but not only does that seem reasonable now, but i'm thinking later preorders will not see this unit until the summer? Makes me really wonder, could they be personally hand assembling these? .....(more stuff cut out due to length)

I think they absolutely have to be hand assembling them. No other reason makes sense.

All clouds that have been shipped have been assembled by our manufacturer.

Troi,

vape4life

Banned for life
Really appreciate the update Troi! Thanks! However you mentioned "lead time on raw components, a manufacturer that's learning".... you didn't mention the CC processor, which I thought was the main reason for the delay? Has that issue been addressed?

Really looking forward to that milestone email, when you come back and post that production has been ramped up 10 fold and then pump the clouds out.

vape4life,

oldiebutgoodie

vape4life said:
.... you didn't mention the CC processor, which I thought was the main reason for the delay? Has that issue been addressed? . . .

fwiw, my understanding is that this has been resolved.

oldiebutgoodie,

vape4life

Banned for life
Maybe i'm mistaken, but wasn't the CC processor the reason they are rolling out slowly, and then doubling manufacturing as they get their trust or something? Why is the rollout so slow?

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
you didn't mention the CC processor, which I thought was the main reason for the delay?
They're shipping, so that's no longer an issue.
"lead time on raw components, a manufacturer that's learning"
Another understandable obstacle with a new company using a manufufacturer that needs to get up to speed with what it needs and when.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
vape4life said:
Really appreciate the update Troi! Thanks! However you mentioned "lead time on raw components, a manufacturer that's learning".... you didn't mention the CC processor, which I thought was the main reason for the delay? Has that issue been addressed?

Really looking forward to that milestone email, when you come back and post that production has been ramped up 10 fold and then pump the clouds out.

To add to what Troi said, it is all those items above and just us being extremely careful about everything coming in and going out. Without going into too much detail, we spent more on R&D than we expected (almost 3X) which left us in a position of having less buying power with our suppliers. Less buying power = higher cost of goods = lower margins. Due to this, we cannot order as much as we would like to fulfill all the pre-orders and due to the varying lead times of items, we are constantly juggling several variables to make sure we have enough components to assemble complete units.

If we were your standard business, we could easily get a line of credit if we showed the backlog of orders that we need to fulfill but since we are in the business we are in, we had to reach back into our own pocketbooks to try and make things happen. While this business may seem very straightforward to people reading this forum, I am sure the other manufacturers will agree that the amount of hoops we have to jump through is much higher than the average business.

I think a good analogy is the local baker who makes the best cupcakes in town. One day, Hostess gets word of these awesome cupcakes and says, "Great, I'll take a million" Unfortunately, the baker only has resources to make 1,000 a day, and getting the baking equipment to scale to a million will take some time. We are that baker for the vaporizer world and we are happy to have a lot of demand but we currently have capacity to crank out so many Clouds in a given amount of time. None of the folks involved in this project are taking a dime and we are throwing all profits back into the company so we can quickly build the infrastructure required to deal with this massive demand.

We've had some folks wave enough money in our face to make all these problems go away, unfortunately, 100% of these guys are money driven and not vapor enthusiasts. Giving control, even partial control of the company to folks like this will cause us to stray away from our mission statement, which is to produce the best vaporizer possible and let the chips fall where they may. Their approach would be to make the best vaporizer with the best profit margin. That type of thinking creates an average vaporizer in my opinion.

We took the strategy that we will let this company grow organically, keep all the decision making internal, and retain full control of VapeXhale. I hope that sheds a little light into why we are doing things the way we do. So much for a short explanation :p

stonemonkey55,

mephisto

Another hearty thank you to all the crew at VXC for being so forward with their
business endeavor. You guys have been awesome with continued updates to all
of us twitchy vapeheads....I did not get on preorder until 2011, so I feel all the
waiting game blues.....Here's to continued production and shipping ramp up.
Sooner or later, every one of us will have their own Cloud to float on......

mephisto,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks SM55 and Troi! As usual, you guys are a class act, and makes the patience worth it. Looking forward to your future updates and best of luck in the production.

vape4life,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
EonBlue said:
vape4life said:
Eon: what do you mean by dialed it in? Did u not like the noon position on the dial?

What's that glass piece in your pic? Like a hydratube without the hydra? Lol

The noon position is perfect, I think I might have been running my other vapes a little too hot :)

just getting used to it.

The glass mouth piece is from a bubbler, its much better than a whip.

i'm just curious what "temp" you used to run your other vapes at? according to the cloud manual the noon position on the dial is equivalant to 400F, which i would consider to be nearer the hotter range of vaping temps. my ha has 400F set as the max.

notmyrealUSERname,

vape4life

Banned for life
^^^^ One of the most exciting things about this vape is the ability to get good extraction at low temps. This will be quite something! Something i've NEVER experienced before.... I think i'm always vaping at too high a temp just to get full vapor and clouds. This thing is gonna be awesome, and definitely improve the health of my lungs (not only temp wise, but also due to the water in the HT).

I don't know if i've ever been so excited for anything in a long time like this!

vape4life,

m0j0h4nd

Thank you stonemonkey55 and Troi for taking the time to try to keep us updated, I do appreciate it. I understand that it can be very difficult to get a business started, especially a business like the one you have decided to pursue. I imagine you are learning a lot of lessons the hard way.

I don't really agree with your baker analogy however, but that is just my opinion.

Good luck and godspeed ramping up production.

m0j0h4nd,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom