• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapexhale Hanu Stone

KLo

No Ember
By now, good fellow vassers on the lurch for that commercial portable saviour. Hanu had some kind of a launch - soft/hard - but little to less than informative review. Who out there has the goodies?

Baron23

So, I love my EVO, I have had nothing but good experiences with VXH, and I kind of dig Seibo's energy from the little I have seen in their promotional vids.

But let me ask this....is there any real secret sauce to this thing or is this yet another proprietary cart package?

That's what it seems to me. Aside from the smooth rive stone form factor....what is this thing besides a battery to lock you into proprietary carts....like the ERA.

I have box mods with auto-draw, locks, and fire buttons.....to run standard CCell type carts that I can buy from a wide array of brands in our Maryland MMJ program.

Where's the beef in this....what is the value proposition to the owner?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So, I love my EVO, I have had nothing but good experiences with VXH, and I kind of dig Seibo's energy from the little I have seen in their promotional vids.

But let me ask this....is there any real secret sauce to this thing or is this yet another proprietary cart package?

That's what it seems to me. Aside from the smooth rive stone form factor....what is this thing besides a battery to lock you into proprietary carts....like the ERA.

I have box mods with auto-draw, locks, and fire buttons.....to run standard CCell type carts that I can buy from a wide array of brands in our Maryland MMJ program.

Where's the beef in this....what is the value proposition to the owner?

As an Era owner and fan, it looks like Hanu will be pairing with some respectable processors in my state, so that could be reason to jump ship if everything else is right. But I don't see anything functionally that sets it apart from the Era thus far. It seems like the biggest turnoff people have with the Era versus Ccell is paying more money for the same amount of concentrate, I'm curious how the Hanu will handle that challenge.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Just received my pre-release Hanu Stone, including a Pod. Public release begins next week in California. Very cool, sleek-looking device. More to come . . .

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: t-dub

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Oh man I just found out about this and I was so stocked...but this is nope, this is not what I wanted :(
Concecrate is only big in NA or Spain/countiers which its legal...
I can't do much with this :(
I want a portable EVO.

m0sh,
Reactions: t-dub

pootsforjesus

a5A2HJC.jpg

BKwqkFN.jpg

U6mFLri.jpg

Just got my Hanu Stone today as well. Haven't used it yet (VXL included a CBD pod you see above), but the device is hefty and feels pretty solid. Disappointing communication and beta tester issues aside, it initially seems like a well made product. I'll report back (as well as others I'm sure) with more usability thoughts soon.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It looks pretty bulky compared to the Pax, definitely interested to hear more thoughts on it though.

What is the CBD pod for? Distillate? Whats the heating element made of? I'm thinking it's going to be a while before anyone breaks one open, but inquiring minds are likely curious!

pootsforjesus

Here's a few initial usage impressions:

- You remove the cap to insert a pod or connect a micro-usb cable to charge the stone. After inserting the pod, you put the cap back and you take a pull off the tip of the cap. It surprises me that the cap has a opening for the tip of the pod and it isn't a cover. Makes me worry about leakage.

- There doesn't appear to be any temperature control, so it seems like there is only one temperature setting.

- I'm pretty impressed with cloud production. I haven't used my pax era in quite awhile (pod prices are just insulting), but it feels like the Stone easily outperforms the Era. That said, the jury is out in terms of how long a pod will last. I believe its .5g, but I don't know for sure. I thought that because of the height of the pod it might be holding a full gram and not a half, but after quick comparison to an Era pod, i think it may be the same amount. It doesn't appear to be refillable, but I could be wrong.

- There is almost zero draw resistance. It really impresses me how effortless it is to rip and get a huge cloud.

- The temp of the vapor is extremely cool. I felt no irritation on my throat at all. Pretty astounding.

- No idea what the heating element is, but it looks to be similar to Era pods with the wicks?

In my opinion, if they can price the pods a lot better than the Era, and/or have refillable pod options, I'm sold on this so far.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Here's a few initial usage impressions:

- You remove the cap to insert a pod or connect a micro-usb cable to charge the stone. After inserting the pod, you put the cap back and you take a pull off the tip of the cap. It surprises me that the cap has a opening for the tip of the pod and it isn't a cover. Makes me worry about leakage.

- There doesn't appear to be any temperature control, so it seems like there is only one temperature setting.

- I'm pretty impressed with cloud production. I haven't used my pax era in quite awhile (pod prices are just insulting), but it feels like the Stone easily outperforms the Era. That said, the jury is out in terms of how long a pod will last. I believe its .5g, but I don't know for sure. I thought that because of the height of the pod it might be holding a full gram and not a half, but after quick comparison to an Era pod, i think it may be the same amount. It doesn't appear to be refillable, but I could be wrong.

- There is almost zero draw resistance. It really impresses me how effortless it is to rip and get a huge cloud.

- The temp of the vapor is extremely cool. I felt no irritation on my throat at all. Pretty astounding.

- No idea what the heating element is, but it looks to be similar to Era pods with the wicks?

In my opinion, if they can price the pods a lot better than the Era, and/or have refillable pod options, I'm sold on this so far.

IMO there's no way the pods are gonna be any cheaper than an Era, how could they coming into the game with zero market share? I predict Hanu is gonna have the exact same problems as the Pax with distribution. The only way I see overcoming that is if they have exclusive pairings with processors to force people to purchase a Hanu to use really desired brands. Otherwise most people are gonna go for the cheaper Ccell option with the same oil, market share won't gain, and the prices won't fall, exactly what the Era has faced IMO.

What did you load in the CBD pod? Distillate? Would you consider refilling an Era pod with the same oil you put in the Hanu to directly compare side by side? It's extremely easy to refill, but refill syringes are nearly nonexistant in California so not really an option for most here.

Zero power options at all versus the Era's full suite seems pretty strange, surely there are some options or an app coming?

Can you post the weight of the Hanu versus the Era since you have both?

If it sounds like I'm a fan of the Era, I am! But pod availability, and lack of options in pods such as live sauce (which the Hanu Stone seems more catered to) have me somewhat interested. I know Beezle is gonna be doing pods which is exciting as their sauce pens are fantastic.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: JCat

pootsforjesus

IMO there's no way the pods are gonna be any cheaper than an Era, how could they coming into the game with zero market share? I predict Hanu is gonna have the exact same problems as the Pax with distribution. The only way I see overcoming that is if they have exclusive pairings with processors to force people to purchase a Hanu to use really desired brands. Otherwise most people are gonna go for the cheaper Ccell option with the same oil, market share won't gain, and the prices won't fall, exactly what the Era has faced IMO.

What did you load in the CBD pod? Distillate? Would you consider refilling an Era pod with the same oil you put in the Hanu to directly compare side by side? It's extremely easy to refill, but refill syringes are nearly nonexistant in California so not really an option for most here.

Zero power options at all versus the Era's full suite seems pretty strange, surely there are some options or an app coming?

Can you post the weight of the Hanu versus the Era since you have both?

If it sounds like I'm a fan of the Era, I am! But pod availability, and lack of options in pods such as live sauce (which the Hanu Stone seems more catered to) have me somewhat interested. I know Beezle is gonna be doing pods which is exciting as their sauce pens are fantastic.

Ah, apologies but I should have been more clear that the pod was prefilled. I didn't fill it myself or anything. We were informed that we would be given a CBD-filled cart along with the stone.

According to my scale, the Pax Era w/ pod weighs .67g. The Stone w/ pod weighs 3.2g.

I have no idea if an app is coming in the future or not, sadly.

Pappy

shmaporist
Attended L.A. launch party last night and test drove this bad boy. Seibo knows how to throw a party. I'm impressed! Tastes good, easy draw, simple to use, solid design, big clouds that got me real loaded. My initial impression is I want to get my hands on a few carts to give it an extended test.

oldiebutgoodie

I tried mine tonight with the enclosed CBD pod. I too am impressed. The design is simple yet elegant; the magnetized interior, pod, and cap is a brilliant idea. It has a very pleasing shape and appearance. The vapor is dense but light and remains very cool even pulling hard - much cooler than pens I've used and even cooler than water-conditioned EVO vapor. I also like how the Stone lights up as you pull. The cartridges are proprietary, so they are actually part of the Stone design - work together seamlessly.

I think it advisable to remove the cartridge after a session - there is a remark somewhere from Hanu that suggests keeping it upright to avoid any risk of leakage; I don't get how that's feasible given the shape but then again it's easy/peasy to remove/reinsert the cartridge. Also from the technical specifications I saw it's apparent that the Stone is being manufactured to high quality standards. Cartridges will come in .5-1.5g sizes; no idea what that translates into as far as usage goes. The battery is lithium-ion, charged through micro-usb. I think I saw a suggested retail of $69, but don't hold me to that. Looks to me that the business model is "Gillette", i.e., the Stone drives demand for the pods, from which the profits come.

All I can remember for now.

:myday::science:

Last edited:

oldiebutgoodie

A couple afterthoughts to the above . . . the airflow is excellent, I only felt a little resistance when I pulled hard. The air intake is a mystery, can't see how that's done but it works great. IMO a long smooth draw is better than a hard pull. This might be pilot error, but it also seemed that the first couple draws were less dense; perhaps the wicks needs a couple hits before heating up to optimum? Still, I found absolutely no need for user controlled heat settings or gimmicks; the device just works very smoothly on its own. The Stone never feels even the slightest bit hot. Looking at the sleek magnetic pods, I have to wonder if these might be reusable by the pod manufacturers and so perhaps could be returned for a credit against the next purchase. Btw, the pods look very similar to those used with the Era, except again for the Stone's being magnetized.

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: JCat
What is the small cable for. Micro usb one end but the other end what is that

I just ended up using my usb 2.0 phone charging animal to start the charging.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
The power end is a standard type-A, the device end is micro-B.

What do you put the power end into. I dont have a charger that I can put it into it is too wide.
I found a charger it went into easy. My others ones you have to angle down. I would say user error

I just tried it. It is smooth. Wowser

Last edited:
MonsterWithoutBorders,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
It looks pretty bulky compared to the Pax, definitely interested to hear more thoughts on it though.

What is the CBD pod for? Distillate? Whats the heating element made of? I'm thinking it's going to be a while before anyone breaks one open, but inquiring minds are likely curious!
If youre talking about the era/juul i think its a good thing. theyre so easy to lose and fall out of pockets easily. Wish they had. gps trackers
Isnt it the extracts companies and dispensaries that price the era pods? it will most likely be priced the same if you can only get prefilled pods

Mynameismud,

oldiebutgoodie

. . . Isnt it the extracts companies and dispensaries that price the era pods? it will most likely be priced the same if you can only get prefilled pods

This is just a guess . . . I suspect that there are "distributors" which fill the pods and wholesale to dispensary retailers. The oil production and pod filling must be automated, and for quality/consistency/economies-of-scale reasons, makes sense that this would be done by distributors that are given a sufficiently large geography to support the investment. Hanu then would get a cut of that business; margin/volume from the devices alone wouldn't be sufficient. Anyone's guess re dispensary pricing: I'll venture that there will be a floor determined by Hanu and distributor, with a suggested retail but eventual retail mark-up possibly influenced by volume discount to the dispensary.

Top Bottom