Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Troi

This is why I asked questions a couple pages back as to what is actually different with the Nimbus vs the Cloud. They have only answered questions so far that involve sending them money.

I mean if this is just the same internals stuffed in a new shell then I don't see the rush in grabbing a new model of a new model vaporizer.

And lets not forget the "Pre-Order Fiasco" which occurred on the Cloud's release, they had Pre Order Customers waiting months to receive even as they were filling orders online.

Also, what about the people waiting for their Broken Clouds to be fixed? I have seen the inside of these units, and they are built with off the shelf parts, besides the Bamboo & Housing, so why again can't these be fixed before 3 months time, some after paying $150 for extending warranty.

I know you guys want to believe in this company and get them back on their feet, but everyone should think rationally before just throwing money at the situation again and again.

We will have more details of the performance upgrade for the Cloud. But I just spoke with our head of product and for the nimbus we are using a new heater, pcba, bamboo all with improvement in mind. We are eliminating non-mechanical terminals and are confident the improvements will lead to a better performing unit and a more reliable unit with modular parts. Repairing Cloud 1's and getting the manufacturing facility are one in the same, when we gain the capability to build nimbus's we will be supporting cloud + repairs as well.

Troi

Additionally I'm really curious how the beta testing would work. There would of course be some kind of cost associated, I guess you provide feedback and ship back? The fact that it's confirmed to be full lifetime warranty is pretty amazing as well. Damn...why did I just have to book a vacation?
Edit:So lifetime warranty means as long as the Nimbus is in production youre covered?

That means that VXL will warrant your nimbus for your lifetime. Regardless if new products come out we will continue to support the Nimbus.

Beta testing team tests at no cost to the beta tester. Yes there are legal documents signed where they agree to keep information confidential, beta testers receive the beta version of the product use it, and report back. At the end of beta testing VXL recalls the units for strip down and final analysis so that we can move the unit to product. We also do our best after all the data has been collected to return the beta tester there beta model.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
We will have more details of the performance upgrade for the Cloud. But I just spoke with our head of product and for the nimbus we are using a new heater, pcba, bamboo all with improvement in mind. We are eliminating non-mechanical terminals and are confident the improvements will lead to a better performing unit and a more reliable unit with modular parts. Repairing Cloud 1's and getting the manufacturing facility are one in the same, when we gain the capability to build nimbus's we will be supporting cloud + repairs as well.

All very good information. Glad to see all the positive progress.
We are all in it for the long haul, willingly or unwillingly.
Other then that all I have to input is, Get that facility and all will be well again!
And pleaseee dont start using MS Paint for banners on specials at your website. :brow:

Timothy

Thank you for the response, eliminating the non-mechanical terminals sounds good, especially with the heat the unit produces. Also less room for human error while soldering connections. Hopefully some of these modifications will make it into the current model Clouds sent in for service, especially the ones that payed the $150 for Plus modifications.

Timothy,

Troi

All very good information. Glad to see all the positive progress.
We are all in it for the long haul, willingly or unwillingly.
Other then that all I have to input is, Get that facility and all will be well again!
And pleaseee dont start using MS Paint for banners on specials at your website. :brow:

This is exactly why were doing this crowd sourcing campaign, with everyone's help we can open that facility and then we can begin to fix everything for everyone and be a longer term vape company that will provide game changing products, jobs, and happy Vaporists for years to come :). We are overwhelmed with the positive support we got already and hope we can reach our goal so we can execute what we have planed for everyone :).

luchiano

That is even more confusing. The sublimator is metal, so I suppose there is lot of conduction there.

Yet I think I have an explanation for that.
Not only lack of conduction or low temps makes the ABV light (as with this experiment)
Also a time of heat exposure means a lot. Unles the temp is really high, with a powerful enough device, you can get most out without any browning. Browning needs some time.
I believe browning on any herb part starts after that part is vaped.
Because of that a browned load is considered vaped.

NICE EXPERIMENT!

You have most of it down, but the browning comes from the fact that the plant fibers are carbohydrates, and they don't break down from heat as quickly as oil or water substances. Especially if they aren't broken down fine. If you grind your herb real fine, and grind some to a medium consistency, you will see the fine grind browns much faster then the medium grind. That's because when the plant fibers aren't joined together they can't handle heat very well.

With vapes like the sublimator, at least the way it's used in videos, they use a high temperature that force damn near all of the actives at once but, since all of the actives are gone, the plant fibers doesn't have enough time to hold onto all of that heat, and the chlorophyll doesn't degrade as much as it usually does.

Now the opposite can happen. You can vape at low temperatures for a long time, and the herb will turn brown, as it has time to get the enzyme chlorophyllase needed to degrade the chlorophyll BUT, you still have A LOT of actives left in the herb. If anything it will go brown faster at real low temperatures(110f-120f) then at higher temperatures(330f-365f), as the chlorophyllase that degrade chlorophyll are more active at low temperatures, whereas high temperatures make them inactive due to denaturing them, which means less enzymatic degradation of the chlorophyll. Chlorophyllase is why herb that has been in the sun for a while turns brown.

Here's more info on Chlorophyallse:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorophyllase

11eleven11

Again,

http://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/1gb8w9/trees_do_you_like_vapexhale_vaporizers_if_so_they/

http://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/1gb23j/perfect_time_to_get_a_vapexhale_guys_show_your/

If you want to show some support to VXH in a smaller way, do your best to spread the word and check out these submissions, upvote if you think it's a good post worth upvoting. :) A strong first week may get some momentum going.

Hopefully wootze can put this info at the top of this page too.

If anyone can think of other ways to spread the word, that'd be gravy.

mnd99

Ah! Nimbus! nice name..I like how it sounds :D This whole news and the direction everything is going makes me feel awesome :rockon: about buying a Cloud+ this tuesday from Puffitup :D still waiting for it to get here!!! :D I also plan to be a Nimbus fanatic in the coming weeks as well :D

mnd99,
Reactions: Troi

wootze

I don't like doubt.
It's worrisome and can attract BAD ENERGY.

I have no doubt that VXL will max their kickstarter.

Also no doubt that VXL is going to stay in business indefinitely.
Now I'm working on the bank to get Nimbulated.

I vape pipe tobacco as well as bud. my Parkinson's was so bad I got permanent and total
100% from the VA. (Agent orange). Anecdotal, but no nicotine and I'm back to stage 4 in a week.
The cloud is the ONLY device I've used which can satisfactorily (for me) vape tobacco... presumably without the carcinogens.

brewer

You know, Karma can be pretty cool:

I didn't even think twice about dishing out a grand to help these guys get some cash flow in exchange for a fair offer, and to be a token part of this real life drama, and no more than an hour later--I got a random call for a few days of work, next week, worth twice what I gave to them. I'll also get to see some old friends, and no doubt it will lead to even more work.

What a win-win. Thought I'd share. Just cool.

11eleven11

I PM'd wootze and asked if he could put the reddit links at the top. He wanted to do this, but couldn't figure out how to do it on an ipad, or got confused or something and asked to delete it.

Rather than deleting, can a mod just put the reddit links in his post at the top? Not the biggest deal, but it's good for VXH exposure.

11eleven11,
Reactions: wootze

wootze

I PM'd wootze and asked if he could put the reddit links at the top. He wanted to do this, but couldn't figure out how to do it on an ipad, or got confused or something and asked to delete it.

Rather than deleting, can a mod just put the reddit links in his post at the top? Not the biggest deal, but it's good for VXH exposure.

Not confused particularly, just can't do any number of useful things on this fucking Ipoop.

wootze,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I needed new ELBs--after almost a year two had failed. I ordered some from VXH the other day--my first order from them since getting my Cloud last July. It was a very smooth process. In three days I had my ELBs. Every single one fit my Cloud perfectly. I'm set for another year-plus.

Thanks, VXH!! :tup:

brewer

Not confused particularly, just can't do any number of useful things on this fucking Ipoop.

Solved:

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VivoTab-TF810C-C1-GR-11-6-Inch-Tablet/dp/B009F1IOJO/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1371183089&sr=8-12&keywords=asus vivo tablet

19 hours battery life if purchased with keyboard (has extra battery in keyboard). Full windows 8 tablet with full function stylus.

or

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ATIV-XE700T1C-A04US-11-6-Inch-Tablet/dp/B00A4KSVBG/ref=sr_1_18?s=pc&srs=2530342011&ie=UTF8&qid=1371183181&sr=1-18&keywords=samsung tablet

6-7 hours battery, but fast processor! Full Windows 8 tablet with full function stylus (no extra battery in keyboard, though).

Used both, own the first, and either makes the I-pad, correction I-poop, look like a poser.

wootze

Solved:

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VivoTab-TF810C-C1-GR-11-6-Inch-Tablet/dp/B009F1IOJO/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1371183089&sr=8-12&keywords=asus vivo tablet

19 hours battery life if purchased with keyboard (has extra battery in keyboard). Full windows 8 tablet with full function stylus.

or

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ATIV-XE700T1C-A04US-11-6-Inch-Tablet/dp/B00A4KSVBG/ref=sr_1_18?s=pc&srs=2530342011&ie=UTF8&qid=1371183181&sr=1-18&keywords=samsung tablet

6-7 hours battery, but fast processor! Full Windows 8 tablet with full function stylus (no extra battery in keyboard, though).

Used both, own the first, and either makes the I-pad, correction I-poop, look like a poser.

Were I not stashing every spare shekel for the kick starter, I'd be right on this.

wootze,
Reactions: brewer

brewer

Just sitting here looking at my quarterly income taxes that are due on Monday, sorry guys . . . :(

Washington State has no income tax ;) Coincidentally, that's one reason I am moving there--not Oregon. Two reasons right there why high taxes suck!

I can see it now-->"vote for me, I'll lower taxes, and everyone can then afford a Cloud !!!" :)

brewer,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The big bill is federal, and we don't have a sales tax, but if you saw my property taxes your eyes would bleed. Its no matter the end result is the same. Combined with medical bills I am completely wiped out for the year unless some miracle happens . . .

brewer

The big bill is federal, and we don't have a sales tax, but if you saw my property taxes your eyes would bleed. Its no matter the end result is the same. Combined with medical bills I am completely wiped out for the year unless some miracle happens . . .

You can use my Nimbus anytime and we can beta-test together, how about that?! I'll be chasing steelhead in your neighborhood no doubt.

my Parkinson's was so bad I got permanent and total 100% from the VA. (Agent orange) **** stashing every spare shekel for the kick starter

p.s. Wootze you're invited, no shekels necessary.

luchiano

I don't like doubt.
It's worrisome and can attract BAD ENERGY.

I have no doubt that VXL will max their kickstarter.

Also no doubt that VXL is going to stay in business indefinitely.
Now I'm working on the bank to get Nimbulated.

I vape pipe tobacco as well as bud. my Parkinson's was so bad I got permanent and total
100% from the VA. (Agent orange). Anecdotal, but no nicotine and I'm back to stage 4 in a week.
The cloud is the ONLY device I've used which can satisfactorily (for me) vape tobacco... presumably without the carcinogens.

So you're saying the tobacoo, helps keep your cancer at bay?.

This is the first time I heard this. How does the tobacco effect you?.

luchiano,

brewer

So you're saying the tobacoo, helps keep your cancer at bay?.

This is the first time I heard this. How does the tobacco effect you?.

Parkinson's, I do not believe is (technically) a cancer; I think cancer is mutating cells, and Parkinson's is cells losing their normal function. But this ain't my expertise!

I got curious too--and found this: it seems there is a correlation, at least, with tobacco use and a reduced risk of Parkinson's:

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/155/8/732.long

Wootze, I think, is just saying in his experience, vaping tobacco does more than just prevent Parkinson's; he's already got the affliction and vaping tobacco makes his symptoms less severe.

If that's what he is saying--totally cool beans!!!

Moreover, the Cloud's unique vaping experience makes the alternative treatment--vaping tobacco--tolerable (urg!--I mean that's what I do too ;); insert one of mvapes' finger puppets puking on tobacco vapor!).

Cloud to the rescue :)

luchiano

Parkinson's, I do not believe is (technically) a cancer; I think cancer is mutating cells, and Parkinson's is cells losing their normal function. But this ain't my expertise!

I got curious too--and found this: it seems there is a correlation, at least, with tobacco use and a reduced risk of Parkinson's:

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/155/8/732.long

Wootze, I think, is just saying in his experience, vaping tobacco does more than just prevent Parkinson's; he's already got the affliction and vaping tobacco makes his symptoms less severe.

If that's what he is saying--totally cool beans!!!

Moreover, the Cloud's unique vaping experience makes the alternative treatment--vaping tobacco (urg!--I mean that's what I do too ;); insert one of mvapes' finger puppets puking on tobacco vapor!)--tolerable.

Cloud to the rescue :)
MAN, I'M SORRY WOOTZE.

I saw stage 4, and my mind just thought cancer, even though he stated parkinsons. I'm really, really sorry. I don't wish that on anyone, and I don't want to even say if someone has it. I saw what it can do. I should have read it carefully before posting. Thanks for making me realize this, brewer. Thanks for the link also.

luchiano,
Reactions: Enchantre

brewer

^^^ I don't think you offended anyone :) ^^^

Conversations like this are good because it makes us all aware of what other people are going through, and because the next time some government authority tries to ban this or that, like plants and devices that heat air (in the government's eyes--> drugs and paraphernalia), we have educated responses to why that is a bad idea!!!

For example, why should Wootze pay massive "sin" taxes on tobacco?
- it's medicine to him . . .

Why should any of us?
- it prevents Parkinson's for us . . .

Why should vaporizers, such as the Cloud, and water pipes be banned or regulated out of existence?
- these things allow us to use these beneficial things, in ways that don't harm other people . .
- the legal sale of these things increases economic wealth and decreases black market crime in society

For that matter, why should marijuana be illegal?
- it's medicine to many . . .
- the recreational use is non-harmful (aside from Twinky shortages) . . .
- making it illegal incentives violent crime by driving the (black-market) price up . . .
(e.g., compare: the fact that no one gets killed over a mach truck full of legal beer, with dealers that will kill over trunk full of illegal pot)
- making it illegal prevents the effective regulation of its use . . .
(e.g., send a 12 year into a middle school and ask him to come out with beer or pot--it's pot every time 'cause beer is too hard for him to get, but pot ain't because it's effectively deregulated by being made illegal!!!).

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I think that when a person visits the cloud thread for the first time they check the first post and the last few pages of posts. The introductory post has a lot of outdated information and should be updated.

Top Bottom