Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

dwizzle36

So...does anyone think it's worth it to pick up a cloud plus at this point?

I want to buy one so badly but I'm hesitant now that the new one has been revealed. I'm sure the heating system will basically be the same, but yeah.
I just got my VXC last Friday off eBay. When I turn it on, the light turns green after about 30 seconds and the unit still feels cold. I leave the unit on for 20-30 minutes and come back to it and it still feels cold to the touch. I have tried turning it off and back on again after several seconds then give it another 10,20,30 minutes and still nothing. The unit has heated up a few times hot enough for me to use and has worked great. But the last three days, it has not been getting hot enough to extract anything. So pretty frustrated seeing the other posts having similar problems. I am going to return the vape and am reluctant to get a replacement. I see they are announcing a new model and would really like one but would have to wait a while before I drop $450 on something that I am not sure about. The few times it has worked, it is a dream and does the job in a huge way. But to pay that much, I need to KNOW it is not going to give me any problems in order to justify the amount spent. So, any suggestions as to whatever I might be doing wrong would be welcomed or for any further clarification as to what I am experiencing, I am around.

dwizzle36,

brewer

I just got my VXC last Friday off eBay. When I turn it on, the light turns green after about 30 seconds and the unit still feels cold. I leave the unit on for 20-30 minutes and come back to it and it still feels cold to the touch. I have tried turning it off and back on again after several seconds then give it another 10,20,30 minutes and still nothing. The unit has heated up a few times hot enough for me to use and has worked great. But the last three days, it has not been getting hot enough to extract anything. So pretty frustrated seeing the other posts having similar problems. I am going to return the vape and am reluctant to get a replacement. I see they are announcing a new model and would really like one but would have to wait a while before I drop $450 on something that I am not sure about. The few times it has worked, it is a dream and does the job in a huge way. But to pay that much, I need to KNOW it is not going to give me any problems in order to justify the amount spent. So, any suggestions as to whatever I might be doing wrong would be welcomed or for any further clarification as to what I am experiencing, I am around.

That's an identical type issue that a unit of mine suffered. However, if this was a used Cloud then this is a second party sale. The Cloud's warranty may not apply.

From this post, it sounds like you're not a good candidate for a Cloud at this time; you need 100% reliability and a Cloud can't provide 100% assurance (no company can by the way!) of that because of current issues with VapeXhale's ex, bad faith and perhaps tortious, manufacturer. Your efforts should be at getting a refund from the seller, initially. Then purchase a different vaporizer upon receipt of a refund.

I suggest going through ebay to get your money back. First, diplomatically, contact the seller, via ebay email, and explain the unit did not work on arrival. Request a refund if you send the unit back to him. Document the problem, and if the seller agrees, send the unit with receipt confirmation. Be willing to take a partial refund--if you can afford to and the time of dealing with this is not worth it to you.

If the seller does not agree to a refund, contact Ebay. Be diplomatic, but if Ebay stonewalls you have nothing to lose by getting stern with them. They have a greater ability to absorb the loss. Also law may provide that the seller must provide you a refund depending on your jurisdiction.

If this was new Cloud from a seller on Ebay, the next step, assuming you struck out with the seller and ebay, is to contact VapeXhale, via their website, and set up a warranty ticket. Depending on the seller's status with VapeXhale, the unit may be covered under a warranty. If you're not covered, be diplomatic with VapeXhale, and they may help you out for a repair fee.

That's what I would do, take it or leave it :)

Good luck!

PS: It appears you purchased through "vapovape," according to a previous post of yours. His policy is a 30 day return on other vaporizers. If that is what you agreed to with your purchase, then you likely have a claim with him, regardless, especially if it was dead on arrival.

Additionally, he accepts paypal. And if you purchased through them, and if both vapovape and ebay stonewall, contact paypal. I would suggest just referring to the Cloud as something generic, i.e., not a vaporizer, maybe just "my purchase," when discussing with paypal, but they may help you out.

brewer,
Reactions: ogcook

dwizzle36

That's an identical type issue that a unit of mine suffered. However, if this was a used Cloud then this is a second party sale. The Cloud's warranty may not apply.

From this post, it sounds like you're not a good candidate for a Cloud at this time; you need 100% reliability and a Cloud can't provide 100% assurance (no company can by the way!) of that because of current issues with VapeXhale's ex, bad faith and perhaps tortious, manufacturer. Your efforts should be at getting a refund from the seller, initially. Then purchase a different vaporizer upon receipt of a refund.

I suggest going through ebay to get your money back. First, diplomatically, contact the seller, via ebay email, and explain the unit did not work on arrival. Request a refund if you send the unit back to him. Document the problem, and if the seller agrees, send the unit with receipt confirmation. Be willing to take a partial refund--if you can afford to and the time of dealing with this is not worth it to you.

If the seller does not agree to a refund, contact Ebay. Be diplomatic, but if Ebay stonewalls you have nothing to lose by getting stern with them. They have a greater ability to absorb the loss. Also law may provide that the seller must provide you a refund depending on your jurisdiction.

If this was new Cloud from a seller on Ebay, the next step, assuming you struck out with the seller and ebay, is to contact VapeXhale, via their website, and set up a warranty ticket. Depending on the seller's status with VapeXhale, the unit may be covered under a warranty. If you're not covered, be diplomatic with VapeXhale, and they may help you out for a repair fee.

That's what I would do, take it or leave it :)

Good luck!

PS: It appears you purchased through "vapovape," according to a previous post of yours. His policy is a 30 day return on other vaporizers. If that is what you agreed to with your purchase, then you likely have a claim with him, regardless, especially if it was dead on arrival.

Additionally, he accepts paypal. And if you purchased through them, and if both vapovape and ebay stonewall, contact paypal. I would suggest just referring to the Cloud as something generic, i.e., not a vaporizer, maybe just "my purchase," when discussing with paypal, but they may help you out.
Thanks for the response. I did talk to them on the phone this morning and I am not too keen on that 15% restocking fee. I feel like the Cloud is not "restockable" and there is no residue in the cloud unit. But, I am looking into the return thru them and since my purchase is protected by ebay, one way or another, I will likely get all my money back. It is really principle for me, the item is not as described and that's it. Money back please.
That being said, I have been messing with the Cloud since 9 AM Central. It has been ON almost the whole time. I have turned it on and off several times and tried the Surge Protector in a few different outlets. All times, when turning the unit on, even for the first time, it goes to Green very quickly. I have changed the temp at times too to see if that keeps it heating. I will feel a slight warmth on the metal of the unit but the glass joint is cool to the touch. BUT, about 15 minutes ago, when I was turning it on and off, I turned it on and it got noticeably warmer immediately and the glass joint got hot pretty quickly. Come back 5 mintues later and it is hot. So, feeling pretty good now, but still have a problem with my unit. That is how it has been. When it is ON and working, it heats up pretty quickly. When it is ON and not working, it doesn't really move past a slight warming.
It's sort of funny because I am new to vaping and bought a Pax a few weeks ago. Loved it and noticed it changed many of my habits. Made me want to get a plug-in. I was reading lots of different discussions on the forum here but noticed pretty quickly that the vets on the board speak highly of the Cloud. So after nearly buying a DBV and/or the Extreme Q, I decided to pay a little more than I could really afford and just get the Cloud. I am on about Page 36 of this thread and didn't want to bother with questions until I had read a good bit of the thread. So, I bought it via eBay and only after have I skipped ahead in the thread and have noticed all the problems other folks were having (not that there aren't a ton of working units out there). So, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the unit yet. I would have waited for a more stable product.
Needless to say, I am not turning it off now for a while and will get some use out of it for the moment as it is soooo awesome when it works. Just can't justify the loot spent ATM.

dwizzle36,

brewer

Needless to say, I am not turning it off now for a while and will get some use out of it for the moment as it is soooo awesome when it works.

I would not delay in returning the unit. Be clear with the seller that you are returning the unit because the unit was "dead on arrival." Don't be ambiguous. Use those magic words. Working sometimes and not others is still "dead on arrival." Request a full refund.

If seller still insists on a restocking fee, contact ebay. Go from there.

My 2 cents, take it or leave it.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Congratulations to EveryDayAmnesiac for guess the name of our next vaporizer. The VapeXhale Nimbus!

We are also in the process of raising some additional capital so that we can really push forward with our new designs. In order for VapeXhale to ramp up as quickly as possible, we'd like to put some additional infrastructure in place so that we can function (for lack of a better word) like a "big boy" company. We have two "Perk" levels currently:

$500 - Gets you a Nimbus + HydraTube + Limited Edition Nimbus T-shirt

$1000 - Gets you Limited Edition Nimbus, Limited Edition HydraTube, Limited Edition Nimbus T-Shirt, Lifetime warranty, and Beta Testing access.

We do not have a very large goal as we have taken out loans ourselves but this additional funding will be very, very helpful for us to function optimally. If you cannot contribute you can still help us by sharing the link below. Thanks so much for the support and we are looking forward to the next phase of this company where we can all work on this full time and execute the way we know we can.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-ultimate-vaporizing-machine/x/3569338

Dr. Plutonious

Wait.

So for $500 does this essentially just pre-order nimbus and a hydratube, or does this mean we get one sooner than other people would?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, I just woke up and this got me too excited.

Dr. Plutonious,

Troi

Wait.

So for $500 does this essentially just pre-order nimbus and a hydratube, or does this mean we get one sooner than other people would?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, I just woke up and this got me too excited.

Everyone who purchases from either group will reap the benefits of the tier, and yes you will be the first to receive the nimbus. Before VXL online store, distributors or any other channels.

Timothy

1. Is this "Nimbus" model an upgrade to the internals of the Cloud?

2. Will the original Cloud still be sold?

3. Will it have the same vapor path i.e. Bamboo?

4. Is the new housing Aluminum or a Plastic?

Edited to fix some questions answered by the link

Timothy,

Dr. Plutonious

Everyone who purchases from either group will reap the benefits of the tier, and yes you will be the first to receive the nimbus. Before VXL online store, distributors or any other channels.

Troi...this may be the best news I've got in awhile. I think the paycheck I'm picking up today my end up in your wallet fairly soon...

Dr. Plutonious,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Questions occur:

Will the Cloud + still be made?

What about those of us with original Clouds who purchased the $150 upgrade (but haven't used it since VXL is down)?
Will the $150 upgrade us to Nimbus?

What about those with non-functioning Cloud + units under warranty but can't be repaired because VXL is down?
Will the warranty repair include upgrade to Nimbus either as a matter or course or for an extra fee?

11eleven11

Can you elaborate what beta testing access entails? This is awesome guys! I'd be happy to support.

11eleven11,

Troi

Can you elaborate what beta testing access entails? This is awesome guys! I'd be happy to support.

For future products, we will always hold beta testing before we release it to the market. By being a top tier contributor to our cause you will be member of that team and be allowed to test and provide feedback on all future VapeXhale Products.

11eleven11

Nice. Okay one more question from me. I want to participate in this, but would it be possible for me to get a HydraCirc 2.0 (or maybe if something else is coming out with an upper GonG joint...)? I like the Swagger glass but I want something with an upper GonG attachment for addons. :)

11eleven11,

Troi

Nice. Okay one more question from me. I want to participate in this, but would it be possible for me to get a HydraCirc 2.0 (or maybe if something else is coming out with an upper GonG joint...)? I like the Swagger glass but I want something with an upper GonG attachment for addons. :)

Swagger is helping support this campaign so the packages are all swagger! If you purchase the top teir the "special" swagger tube will surly to be desired.

Troi,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Questions occur:

What about those of us with original Clouds who purchased the $150 upgrade (but haven't used it since VXL is down)?
Will the $150 upgrade us to Nimbus?

What about those with non-functioning Cloud + units under warranty but can't be repaired because VXL is down?
Will the warranty repair include upgrade to Nimbus either as a matter or course or for an extra fee?

Inquiring minds would like to know this indeed!

I have a functioning ticker, and it's warranty will expire at the end of july. What will be the best course of action for someone with a Cloud (OG or +) who wants a nimbus, without having to buy one at full cost? Any kind of trade in process?

Regardless, these are exciting times for VXL and their fan/customer base!

EveryDayAmnesiac

Congratulations to EveryDayAmnesiac for guess the name of our next vaporizer. The VapeXhale Nimbus!

Finally, my life enters chapter 2: The Good Years! :lol:

If someone guesses the name, I'll send them one of my personal HydraTubes.

Man, I am positively GIDDY wondering what I'm going to end up with... I'm still oggling the one that t-dub received...

So I'd like everyone to know this makes me crazy happy! I'm estatic, really.

How about "Cirrus" (a very high cloud)?

I have to send out a big thank-you to Alan. When he said "Cirrus," and then stonemonkey said someone was close, I just KNEW it was Nimbus. You know how sometimes you just know? So thank you, Alan! The next time you're in the barren godforsaken wasteland that is western NC, hit me up! :tup:

And of course, an even bigger thank-you to stonemonkey! This was a very generous and gentlemanly offer! I think I speak for most if not all here when I wish you nothing but the very best for VXL in the future. We're all rooting for you guys. I just wish my bank account could root a little more loudly...

Will post pics just as soon as I receive! Will have to borrow my friend's camera for something like this...

Now... all I need is a Cloud (or a Nimbus!) to pair this HydraTube with... :ko:

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Questions occur:

This.
I still didnt ship mine back yet of course :rolleyes: but I'm guessing things are on the up from the sabotage. IDC if I get a Cloud, Nimbus, VXH Cardboard lol, as long as its the device that worked for over a week the way it did, but survive, I will be moreee then happy. I'm hoping this will be a Christmas present to myself at worst with the parts timetable. Any update on parts or replacements would be appreciated or even a date to look forward for an update. I've been coping but not exactly thrilled about post Cloud life. Had to take my mind off it with a new glass purchase. I traumatize myself everytime I read this thread. I cant stay away though. :uhoh:

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: Roger D
Top Bottom