1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

VapeXhale Cloud

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Vapinghole

Vapinghole Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

I like big-ass rips of thick, tasty vapor. I'll pack an ELB 1/2 full and spank that bad boy in one rip. I may take a second rip as to not waste any, but it's usually very wispy at that point. The Cloud is unmatched in that regard (and in many other ways).

Buyola, Bluntcrush and Dr. Yan-I-Tor like this.
  2. elmomuzz

elmomuzz That just happened...

My cloud lives in a shed. It has been getting into the 20's at night but my cloud just shrugs it off. I do force it to stay on all the time with a wemo and I store my hydratube on the cloud so it won't freeze. That's my main concern is the water freezing in the tube and breaking the glass.

Zangano Cruel likes this.
  3. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

Jeez water getting frozen ??? what are you cave man???

This are illusions... you know even if its below zero it takes time to freeze

4. elmomuzz

Actually it's no illusion. Without the heat of the cloud it would indeed freeze. I have a jug of water I also keep in the shed to refill the hydratubes. It's frozen.

5. m0sh

I'm lost...

If its soooooo cold...the room temperature should be "cold" enough to cool it down...

6. JDSupreme

JDSupreme Head of Pot

Well my name is JD and it's about to get funky.
    Got the Bentley of vapes from my man Stonemonkey.
    Haven't been that excited to get my mail,
    Since that day I got my package from Vapexhale

Buyola, t-dub, Ripbongs420 and 4 others like this.
  7. elmomuzz

I
    I'll summarize. :)

1. Cloud won't begin heating if to cold.
    2. I have kids and keep my cloud in a uninsulated shed outdoors.
    3. It's below freezing outside.

4. I force my cloud to stay heating 24/7 using a wemo device.
    5. I store my hydratube on the cloud to keep it from freezing.

8. m0sh

BC I guess ? well my coldest it gets here ... maybe 3C... lol

I was really out of my elements apparently :)

9. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

elmomuzz, You sure have a lot of faith in that Wemo... Can't you turn on a high wattage lightbulb and keep it a bit warmer in there as well, I've seen people warm their pump houses with a hot bulb, and it kept the pipes from freezing.

10. Espo

Espo Active Member

No I dont leave the window open at night, but I do leave it open with a fan on 'exhaust' mode while I am vaping. I have to try to keep the vapor out of my apartment because I dont want to stink it up. I have a Bengal cat that LOVES to fuck with everything, so I put the cloud behind the fan in front of the window until its cool enough to put into my closet. I may just put it in my closet to cool down now that its getting cold out. Thanks for the input guys.

11. Dr. Yan-I-Tor

Dr. Yan-I-Tor Gimme back my balloon!

So I just tried out my cloud:smug: .

The waiting was getting to me, and following this thread wasn't helping lol. I stumbled upon an old grinder I hadn't clean out in a while, so I scraped out all the kief and loaded it up. I used the two cap method and had a nice layer of tasty goodness completely covering the bottom. I have to admit, I did not expect to be soaring this high from that little amount:freak: . The vapor wasn't terribly thick, but boy was it tasty!

I absolutely love this thing!

12. theamigo

theamigo Well-Known Member

i think my cloud broke guys. it was operating just fine the night before. i've turned it on for half an hour and the LED is still red and there are absolutely no clicking noises. is it broken?

13. jambandphan03

have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in to see if that changes anything, it helped someone else when their lights flickered, couldn't hurt to try.

14. theamigo

thanks for the suggestion. i just tried a different outlet. the absence of the clicking noise saddens me.

edit-- there is no heat emitting from the cloud at all

15. jambandphan03

:| guess you better submit a ticket through the VXL website... how long have you had your cloud?

16. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Is it cold? They do that when they are too cold ... if this is the case just warm it up a little and then try again. (Mine did this the one time at the cottage near the end of the summer 'cause it was getting pretty close to zero at night and in the morning when I tried it exactly that happened ... an hour later once it had warmed up a bit, it turned on fine ... other people on the forum have had similar experiences)

17. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

If the cold is not the culprit, this is what happened to me when my first cloud died. Red LED and no clicking

VXC didn't offer an explanation just replaced it.

18. theamigo

I don't think it is due to the cold. My window is closed and heat is on. I've only been using it in my room and haven't had any problems until now. Guess I will submit a ticket. Thanks guys

I had it for around seven months I believe

19. jackstraw62

jackstraw62 Low temp deadhead vaporist

IDK it might be cheaper with a little insulation , some plastic and a small stick stove. Just a thought

20. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Blarg, mine stopped clicking the week I first got it. Wonder what causes it..

21. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Lucky it's not >12 months :)

22. Tstat

Tstat Dead Foot Designs Accessory Maker

When I experienced the cold issue, my lights went from red to green and just flashed away like this. Your problem seems different since it's a solid red light.

When I had this problem, I sent in a ticket and the VXH guys got back to me a few days later. I had a nice talk with them on the phone. They explained that the software is setup to NOT turn the unit on if it gets too cold. They said that it is to prevent thermal shock of the bamboo. They also said that it won't turn on if it gets too hot, to prevent it from overheating.

I figured my Cloud was OK, but I wanted to be on record (within the warranty window) as reporting the problem, if it did turn into something more.

Bluntcrush and JCat like this.
  23. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation about the software. That's good to know. Now I'm just curious about what the actual cutoff temperature is :)

24. Tstat

Tstat Dead Foot Designs Accessory Maker

Yea, that I don't know. When it happened to me I'd say it was maybe in the 40s. I know it got down to the 20's outside and we didn't have heat on. It was pretty damn cold that morning, but after 1/2 hour or so it was back to normal...

25. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

If its in the softwave, it should me mentioned in the manual somewhere, so people won't get creeped out by this.

Vaporlover and b0 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors