1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

VapeXhale Cloud

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Cannabinaut

Cannabinaut Cannasseur and Glasshead

What temp are you using your Cloud at and how much are you filling your ELB? I think the Cloud is capable of what you are looking for if you fill your ELB to only 10-15% and have your temperature around 10:30.

2. Lou

Lou Active Member

interesting comparison, i was really debating between the two for use with water. Price wise theres no comparison, but does the lsv have the software to keep the temp constant throughout the hit? Thats one of the things I don't like about the dbv and makes it difficult to take quick back to back hits without manually turning the temp up.

3. Raf007

Raf007 Jed so f... High

Clearly the LSV has not the same heat retention capacity, which means, begin with a soft draw before drawing more natural.
    The other small risk is combustion if you don't know your vape and put it at full blast 5min and start hiting slowly. Like an SSV and some other vapes.
    Ime I only combusted twice in 2 years, at the beginning. But the VXC can go there too almost.

At the end this heat retention thing is really not an issue once you know how to use it. And when you come from smoke bonging, slow then harder draw is what you are use to when you light up your bowl to do it in one hit. The LSV mimicks that and there is the WPA lifting part wich is another mimick and feeling that I like as for me smoking a bong always meant ripping it in one hit.
    And there, is the thing, if you are looking for a one hitter the LSV is not able to it without sub combustion or almost, that's why I like the Cloud actually, it's a perfect one hitter.

At "equal" temp the hits are a little little more airy with the LSV but that and the all glass bowl is what makes the difference I think

Maybe if I had free meds I will only take the Cloud for its huge hits, but that also mean weedhog.

And I like to watch at the herb changing color when hitting with the LSV, thing that you can't do with the Cloud.

Hard to choose...better to have both :D

Cannabinaut: My loads always differ as I try to avoid patterns when it comes to cannabis, and eventhough I am pretty sure I know it won't do it I'll try ;)

vorrange likes this.
  4. VaporBoxed

VaporBoxed Baked

Have you tried using less herb in your loads? For me, I have noticed that I still get huge hits and use less than I used to with my other vaporizers. Herb is pricey around my area, so I needed a device that would stretch my supply. The cloud has not only stretched my supply, but it has saved me money I would have spent on other vapes.

On my clouds highest temp with a fully loaded ELB, I can produce around 6 HUGE hits. I think that I read one of the mods got around 12 hits with each elb. How are you only getting 2?

5. Ripbongs420

Ripbongs420 vapiff

Just a thought to try and help. I would suggest creating a sensible, for your needs, pattern with your cannabis use if your want to conserve. Random load size can be very wasteful. IME the cloud can be used as a ass-kicking machine, or a ever surprising conserver. Choice is yours. Haven't used an lsv, so cant say anything about that.

6. Ontariovapes

Ontariovapes Well-Known Member

Just as an unbiased FYI, and only because you asked Vaplexus was banned by the moderators. He won't be posting here anymore.

7. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Unless he told you that he wouldn't, there's no reason he can't return after his ban expires.

8. Ontariovapes

Ontariovapes Well-Known Member

In fact, he did tell me he wouldn't, otherwise I would never have taken it upon myself to say such a thing.

9. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

That's really too bad. I enjoyed seeing the things that vaplexus was working on. That 3-D printer is really fascinating to me. Hopefully he changes his mind and continues to share his creative "prints".
    :peace:

VapeArts, Cannabinaut, Kief and 3 others like this.
  10. Purpl3_Haz3

Purpl3_Haz3 On a Permanent Vakation

'Vape-Rape?' :D :smug:
    There have definitely been a couple times that I've taken a hit from the Cloud, and received 'dab-like' results, such as the full ELB during the 'efficiency test' I did :)
    I agree with this, a lot. I felt like my VAS transformed into GAS, with the purchase of the Cloud. I no longer find myself shopping for vapes...if anything, I notice that I need to keep up on the new ones more now, as I'm content enough with the Cloud to just not think about other vapes. Like you mentioned though, a bag vape for group use would definitely be a load off of the mind. I've not used the Cloud yet with more than 3 people at a time. Not saying that I wouldn't, but I can imagine I would be a bundle of nerves, not getting effectively medicated, worrying. :lol:
    There are a couple variables to consider. How 'full' you consider a full, ELB. Some people stuff them, some sprinkle/let it pack naturally, and others use the ELB to scoop up flowers. Also, your definition of a 'hit' may vary, from theirs. So, if they are packing their ELB less full than you are, and/or are taking larger hits, they could easily reduce the amount of hits it takes to vape that amount of flower. :)
    I'd be surprised to see him come back here. Wouldn't blame him either :lol:

11. charliedontsurf

charliedontsurf Glassblower

I hope he comes back, I've enjoyed his posts and the Cloud accessories looked very promising.

12. elmomuzz

elmomuzz That just happened...

I wouldn't come back if I were him. He got treated very poorly...

13. thevapedcrusader

thevapedcrusader 420247

give some people a gold star and they think they're a sherrif

14. vtac

vtac vapor junkie Staff Member

Like it or not, this forum has rules, and everyone here agreed to them when they registered. Here is one of them:
    • No selling or soliciting items on the forum. The only exception is the Classifieds section, which is the only place on the forum you may mention items you may have for sale or trade. This includes messages in profiles, signatures, etc.
    Like all of our rules, this exists for a reason. Also keep in mind that there is more than one side to a story, and believe me that is the case here. Making assumptions and accusations based on a limited amount of information is ignorant. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes, with staff putting in a great deal of effort to keep this forum fun, informative, and manageable.

Here's another rule which exists for a reason and which we take seriously:
    • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
    Disrespecting the staff and our efforts as was done above is a real slap in the face. Do you like it when people disrespect you for doing your job? Please don't be ignorant. To the staff or to the rules.

Any further off-topic posts regarding this matter will earn the author an infraction point.

15. mscm888

mscm888 Well-Known Member

Well it is Friday morning and I am glad my terribad work week is soon to close.

When I get home tonight I am cleaning my FC bubbler really good and packing 4 ELB's in anticipation of a Cloudy evening!

16. notmyrealUSERname

notmyrealUSERname Notmy Well-Known Member

I think this is a great idea. It would also lessen the stress on the power cord itself. I think it would be very easy for the vxc crew to (re)design the soon-to-be released cloud sleeve and incorporate some way for it to stand the vxc upside-down.

17. Lou

Lou Active Member

That wouldn't work for any tube/bubbler with a dewarr style joint, unless the can diameter was smaller than the cloud unit. Not sure even the ht would work with that.

18. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

It also would put the bowl under the heat, instead of above it, reducing whatever slow cook there might be.

havealight101 likes this.
  19. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

Not if it was a seperate stand you put the cloud into. :shrug:

20. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

I wonder how plugs will be in international versions. In US, it is pretty much standardized, but in EU there are several different incompatible plugs in different countries. So there would be a model for each country.

I think it would be better if the Cloud was powered by detachable power cord (female for the right end being on the Cloud). Also cord breakage would also be much cheaper and easier to fix. Just buy new power cord.

21. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

What do you mean? I think only the UK has different plugs.

22. Vaporlover

Vaporlover Member

Or you could use an adapter like you would for other products.

23. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

So, I've been experimenting with my Cloud.

I still can't figure out why I need to turn it off and on twice before it starts heating. It does the 1 hour shut off, two times before I get it to start. It's not a problem, just a nuisance.

However, I've been messing with the load sizes like people say. I usually pack a .2 ELB. Today i split it to two .1 ELBs. I could not get the hits I get with my .2 ELB, and I could not get it as dark as I can when it's filled to .2 ELB. So I'm not sure what the magical secret is. Do I need to increase temp for smaller loads?

Thanks.

24. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

25. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

Never seen the second one but i bet it does exactly the same as the first, that pin is probably the ground.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors