Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Sorry I haven't got on here and given you all my full on Old School Review yet. I remember what it was like to be obsessive compulsive about checking FC everyday for updates. Sadly, you will see this often with people who finally get a VXC, they were super active on the forum, and once they get their product they just want to use it... not write a essay for ya'll. Satisfied customers are always less vocal than a dissatisfied customer, and thus when you see all the glowing reviews of the EVO and original, you know it was done well.

Here is my review of the first production unit (non beta) VXC's....
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-30#post-204288

Biggest improvements in the EVO are in heat retention, heat up time, and overall extraction... what more could one actually ask for in a vape that is already one of if not the best extractor on the market?

To comment on heat up time, it is certainly faster then the original. around 2 minutes. If i want to hit the EVO at first green light i keep the EVO around 1:00. Good extraction after 2 mins. But, i still prefer a full heat up period (maybe 10mins never timed it), then i dial back to around 10:30 or 11. Ideal for me. But, still very good to hit at a higher temp after 2minutes. This is very fast when you consider most vapes on the market, and the overall experience and extraction the EVO provides.

I really love the ability to unplug the EVO, and pass it along. Cord, is actually shorter then the original. But it would be easy to find a better replacement (who here at FC is going to send me the link for the perfect cord at the perfect value?).

I am one of the few people to have an old school ticker that maxed out at a much higher temp then most production units. i haven't busted out old faithful for concentrates since i got the EVO. But, it still seems obvious the EVO is the choice option at high temp with oils or bubble. I personally like the two cap upside-down method (i don't use a standard HT just in case anything leaks out). I have considered modifying the concentrate pad i got with my Zephyr Ion (i have never used it), and making it fit in a ELB. Probably not needed, but a thought. Oh, and although two cap works well as is, i do have an idea for a concentrate specific bowl. Might hear more on this from me later.

ill try and keep up some questions, if anyone has anything specific to ask of me since I have been around using the VXC from the first beta stage. Cheers all.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Not in front of a tape measurer at the moment but i would guess 8 feet. due to the much lighter
EVO, a smaller bump on the cord could cause the unit to fall. i always unplug when not using due to the dog.

I ordered a 15 ft. cord off Amazon for six bucks. It works perfectly.

sorry to dirty up this thread but... link me please!! thanks.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
So, are folks with EVO's being weary of where they plug their EVO's in? I know that out of fear of potential failure/damage, I always used my Cloud in conjunction with a proper surge protector, or voltage regulator when possible, and especially when uncertain of the the power source. (bad wiring, lower voltage, leaks, etc)

Do those with EVO's just plug in where ever? Is it known from an official VXL source weather or not the EVO is susceptible to potential failures in those situations, as well as in situations where an inverter would need to be used, such as camping, or using the device with electricity from a gas generator in bad weather? I know in the past, those things were considered risky business...

I don't mind using a surge protector, but I find it cumbersome at times to be certain there is one where I'll be using my Cloud, or remembering to pack one up. I think it would also be cool to just use the EVO in any outlet around the house, etc, without adding a surge protector inline. Also, it would be easy to just say, "do you have a free outlet and a standard PC power cable?" and have a few less things to pack when traveling.

Like I said, not a huge deal, but something that I've been curious about.
due to the much lighter
EVO, a smaller bump on the cord could cause the unit to fall. i always unplug when not using due to the dog.
A much softer cord than the stock one will alleviate that issue...the stock one is stiffer than necessary from what I've seen. I'm sure others can chime in on which cords work best, with links of course :cool:

Your Highness

Cannasseur
Sounds like the calibration is off, I wouldn't turn it past 12 because it might overpower the heater...
:2c:

That was my first thought also. I will be testing up and down the dial
@Your Highness, For sake of quality control; keeping the units going out the door "in-check," maybe it would be worth sending a support ticket to VXL to let them know of the erratic behavior? I'm sure you'd have no problem adjusting temps accordingly, but I don't think your EVO should be that hot...

I think I will do that. It just hAppened again. Different strain diff ht. Well staying at 10 and below seems sweet for herbs. The thought of maybe having to send it in is agonizing to say the least! I just got my hands on this baby.... Will have to do more testing to kill the anxiety.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I do have a small one plug surge protector i used with my tickers.. to be honest, the EVO hasnt seen a surge protector yet, mostly due to lazyness. I certainly would use one in some situations, like when using a power inverter.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I do have a small one plug surge protector i used with my tickers.. to be honest, the EVO hasnt seen a surge protector yet, mostly due to lazyness. I certainly would use one in some situations, like when using a power inverter.
That's what I was looking to hear. I never thought of investing in a single plug, that would be much more doable for on-the-go, etc. And in all reality, I suppose where I have a backup Cloud, I don't need to be suuuuuuper pre-cautious about this, as the EVO is said to be more easily repairable, and I'm certain it's more robust in whatever aspect was the weak link when it came to less-than-ideal power sources.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right

Has it been established that using a Power Inverter with the EVO is ok? I seem to recall way back in the early Cloud discussions that VXL specifically forbade the use of Power Inverters with the Cloud...would void warranty if there was a failure. Its been a while since then and many a "cloud" has drifted by so my memory may be a tad faulty. I wanted to take my Cloud camping (I have a small trailer) and use an inverter, but was told not to either here or by VXL themselves.

I'd love for the EVO to be compatible with Power Inverter use. Not only for camping, but so I can take it with me when I visit my buddy who lives off the grid and generates his electricity from solar, wind, and water sources. He does consulting for a well known software company and runs tons of sophisticated and expensive gear off his power set up...but I was reluctant to risk my Precious . I mean Cloud.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Did you check the reviews on the power cables? That is 18-amp, which is extremely fine wire.
I would use nothing less than a 14-amp for something this important.

Lamp cord is usually 15-amp.

Edited: I said "over-rated" initially. I didn't mean quality/reviews, I meant what load-rating it was listed for.

It is unfortunate that so much is available through Amazon that is truly crap.

You can pick up perfectly great PC power cords, in a wide range of sizes, for mega cheap, at places like e-recycle places, Habitat for Humanity ReStores, Goodwill, etc. Generally a buck will get you a spare, working, heavy-duty cord.

Last edited:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Did you check the reviews on the power cables? That is 18-amp, which is extremely fine wire.
I would use nothing less than a 14-amp for something this important.

Lamp cord is usually 15-amp.

Edited: I said "over-rated" initially. I didn't mean quality/reviews, I meant what load-rating it was listed for.

It is unfortunate that so much is available through Amazon that is truly crap.

You can pick up perfectly great PC power cords, in a wide range of sizes, for mega cheap, at places like e-recycle places, Habitat for Humanity ReStores, Goodwill, etc. Generally a buck will get you a spare, working, heavy-duty cord.
I've used monoprice.com a few times for cheap cords with good results. You can choose from 18, 16, and 14AWG.
I just needed a longer cable so I went with that one. I didn't bother reading the reviews as it was only six bucks.

One should definitely take into consideration how much power will be being pulled by a device, before selecting a cable to run said power through...A great explanation is offered on many wiring/electrical websites...but essentially, you need to know how many amps the device draws, and then there are guides that tell you what gauge wire should be used dependent on the draw, in amps, and length of cord IIRC.

Some research could save you from buying an insufficient cable, and either causing the cable/plugs to get too hot/melt, etc. or cause potential damage to the EVO.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I took the info from the cord that the EVO came with and just looked for the same specs on Amazon. It's been used for days and I've found nothing wrong with the cord. There should be zero voltage drop when extending from an 8ft. to a 15ft. cord.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I took the info from the cord that the EVO came with and just looked for the same specs on Amazon. It's been used for days and I've found nothing wrong with the cord. There should be zero voltage drop when extending from an 8ft. to a 15ft. cord.
I wasn't talking specifically about the cord you got, but more a making a post to advice those who are less informed, who may get a ridiculously long cord, or just get whatever they can find. Someone looking for something more flexible may get something too small/thin, etc. I only quoted your post, as it was along the same lines as the others, regarding upgrading cables, amazon buys, etc. Sorry if it came across like I was saying what you purchased was inferior...just trying to help others make a similarly informed good buy.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Fedex said I would have to suffer until Tuesday, and luckily they LIED!

dpzpn7.jpg

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
IDK. I traded my dead cloud+ in and upgraded to EVO. Whatever class I'm in, I graduated!!!! :p
All I got was seen in the picture.
I'm taking it slow at the moment just enjoying the eyecandy that is EVO. The Knicks play in about 30 minutes so I think the inaugural session will begin at tipoff. I'll record some videos tomorrow probably, I have no energy at all, worked a double yesterday and did shopping today.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
IDK. I traded my dead cloud+ in and upgraded to EVO. Whatever class I'm in, I graduated!!!! :p
All I got was seen in the picture.
I'm taking it slow at the moment just enjoying the eyecandy that is EVO. The Knicks play in about 30 minutes so I think the inaugural session will begin at tipoff. I'll record some videos tomorrow probably, I have no energy at all, worked a double yesterday and did shopping today.
gotcha,

trade-in/no ht/no case ;)

regardless,
you certainly are at the top of the class now!

i am gonna tenderly suggest that it is all that we are getting, unless your shipping was much less than 3 lbs?

go enjoy!

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Mine was 2.3 pounds
oh! well that changes the tune...
so we should be getting HT's or cases....
hey, @mmafighterthe25 did urs come w/ht or case?

tia!
My tracking info says the shipment is 3.3lbs, and I am only expecting an EVO, no HT/case, and possibly a CloudBuddy. Cloud a Cloud buddy make an entire 1 pound difference?

@grokit, great suggestion! I have given preference to GFI outlets when they are an option, but never thought of getting an adapter. How about an EVO plugged into one of those, plugged into a single outlet surge protector, plugged into the power source? :lol:

Top Bottom