• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
A friend comes over & as I am getting the EVO warmed up he asks if we can just vape off my Pax. Said the EVO is too much for him. I was laughing inside, as the PAX hadn't been charged or cleaned in a while. It tasted bad & died after a couple pulls. Sorry wimp! Go home to your edibles. I'll enjoy my EVO!

LMAO. I'm dying laughing at that.

Frankly, I would never choose the PAX over the Evo. He should just learn to control how much he inhales. LOL :-). Take smaller hits hahaha :-).

----

Still loving my EVO. Haven't used it for my new supply of concentrates (bought a Peak for that)... but may give it a shot again. I cleaned my nails as best as I can. I must have at least 10 or something. Wish I could get them fully clean.

jimdee

...I cleaned my nails as best as I can. I must have at least 10 or something. Wish I could get them fully clean.

To help keep my nails clean, I wipe them with cotton swabs immediately after use (while hot). Then, when they get dirty and need a good cleaning, I put them in a small pot of water on the stove and set it to simmer but never boil.

Next, I boil some water in a teapot and mix that (about 3/4 of a cup or so of boiled water) in a measuring cup with 1/2 tsp of PBW and stir that well (until the powder is well dissolved). Then I carefully pour that mixture into the pot that has been simmering--you don't want to spill that PBW mixture anywhere.

I leave the nails simmering in the still simmering PBW solution for about 10-15 minutes (stirring occasionally) and then wipe them with cotton swabs and they generally come out clean as new. If there are still any stains, I either repeat the process and/or rinse the nails (start with HOT water so as not to shock the glass) and then toss them one-at-a-time into a plastic lunch bag with 91% ISO and kosher salt. You can put that bag in a cup of hot water for a few minutes to get the alcohol warm and then shake it up, swab again and...bam...all gunk is gone. Rinse VERY VERY well and let air dry over night.

This works great for me.

HTH,
jd

CANtalk

@newVaper420, I've been really enjoying concentrates in the EVO as posted recently :). Definitely let us know how it goes if you try concentrates with the EVO again; use some different techniques, temps and methods. I've been following the Puffco Peak thread here as well. FWIW, there are a number of ways to clean the VapeXnails; some low effort and some higher effort. So far I've done hot ISO and salt in a zip loc bag (seal in the bag and microwave on low heat for ~5-10 seconds gets the ISO warm/hot and it keeps the vapor from escaping or being an ignition hazard). Swish around and then after a good soak if needed I've used hot water (tap and simmer boil in a pot methods), cotton swabs and even some scraping with a stirring tool/etc (sometimes with paper towel as a buffer... sometimes with no buffer). I have some brushes on order as well. It can be some work but I've gotten the boro nails to sparkle clean again :lol:. I just picked up an ultrasonic cleaner (< $50) which is supposed to make cleaning super fast and easy. I've collected and plan to try a few cleaners such as PBW, and ammonia/mild detergent/water and see how it goes. Hope those options help.

Cheers

Last edited:
To help keep my nails clean, I wipe them with cotton swabs immediately after use (while hot). Then, when they get dirty and need a good cleaning, I put them in a small pot of water on the stove and set it to simmer but never boil.

Next, I boil some water in a teapot and mix that (about 3/4 of a cup or so of boiled water) in a measuring cup with 1/2 tsp of PBW and stir that well (until the powder is well dissolved). Then I carefully pour that mixture into the pot that has been simmering--you don't want to spill that PBW mixture anywhere.

I leave the nails simmering in the still simmering PBW solution for about 10-15 minutes (stirring occasionally) and then wipe them with cotton swabs and they generally come out clean as new. If there are still any stains, I either repeat the process and/or rinse the nails (start with HOT water so as not to shock the glass) and then toss them one-at-a-time into a plastic lunch bag with 91% ISO and kosher salt. You can put that bag in a cup of hot water for a few minutes to get the alcohol warm and then shake it up, swab again and...bam...all gunk is gone. Rinse VERY VERY well and let air dry over night.

This works great for me.

HTH,
jd
I have tried the methods above and they work. I find that torching them gradually applying heat at first and then full blast works fastest and cleanest. This is with the less expensive glass ones.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I just clean the nail on high: that cleans the most important area. The higher portion of the nail gets dirtier the harder you inhale: I remember someone claimed cleaner nails through a less energetic inhaling technique. Could be. I'm more of an Oscar Madison on the upper portions: dirty here doesn't seem to affect taste to me so dirty they stay.

CANtalk

@macbill, for sure the nail on high for ~5 minutes is the first way to start to clean the nail
thumbup.gif
. I agree it cleans the most important area (in my experience). Draw speed is important with the VapeXnail; too fast and it large dabs can spill out of the slits into the bamboo. However low draw speed doesn't seem keep the oil from climbing the nai in my experience (I've been explicitly careful with draw speeds multiple times now and the nail gets dirty well above the slits). Love your Oscar Madison approach :tup:, my damn perfectionist ways :freak: (though I'm still relatively new to the EVO and times may change :sherlock:). It's nice to hear feedback that the upper portion residue doesn't seem to affect your taste. My concentrate use is too new to have even tried that yet in any meaningful manner (and with going for the gusto on cleaning).

How do other people here find doing concentrates in the EVO with some not-fully cleaned glass VapeXnails?

Getting back to an earlier post of mine about technique, I'd like to clarify my cold start comments. I forgot that the meaning of cold start with dabbing generally refers to putting the dab in the banger and then applying heat (you see this with a number of banger rigs and videos on Youtube). However, I used that phrase meaning that you start the EVO when it's cold. The point was that a heat-soaked EVO changes my concentrate experience using the same settings and timings (i.e., method). Hope that clarification helps anyone following my posts. I don't do cold starts with the EVO.

:peace: and enjoy this Friday.

Last edited:
CANtalk,
Reactions: ataxian

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
VapeXhale will not service or repair my out-of-warranty EVO. Luckily, I have more than one EVO. All my unit needs is adjustment: it turns on and heats but not as hot as before, and it is difficult to see the red/green light, even if you look straight down the bamboo. Too bad they haven't licensed a repair shop, but I guess that would cannibalize new sales.

CANtalk

That's surprising @macbill :whoa:. It doesn't seem environmentally green/conscious/sustainable and that doesn't mesh with Seibo's character (cannabis, yoga, martial arts, etc). Maybe reach out to him on Twitter or something. Fixing is always better than throwing stuff away.

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

Had to check in on this thread, been a while for me. My Evo is in a box under my bed at the moment. I find that I just use too much weed using the Evo. Dont get me wrong, I love the Evo! It's still the best tasting vaporizer I have tried, with the Lotus a close 2nd.

Anyway, I noticed some posts discussing concentrates with the Evo. I dont have access to concentrates anymore, sadly in an illegal state. I was able to get some very good wax and even some live resin once in a while, but thats been well over a year ago. I thought the Evo was quite good with wax. I was really surprised by how good it was. I have a D-nail SiC Halo which I used most of the time but the Evo was still pretty damn good. If I recall, it was a steady slow draw that worked the best for me.

My Evo will reappear from under my bed again someday. Either it becomes legal where I am now, or I move to where it is legal.
EVO is FANTASTIC!!!!! :):)

CANtalk

Cool @Gigsabits53 :tup:. My experience is different in that I found the EVO so efficient and strong that it made me use even less cannabis :science:.

But I can totally see the other side of the coin :). Others can definitely build up tolerance more quickly than me, and the EVO will make that even easier :rofl:... the smoothness and softness of the vapor from the EVO is amazing :leaf::love:.

Talking about tips for using the EVO, thx @macbill, @MonkeyTime and @lazylathe for the hot water hydratube tip :tup::tup:! I've tried it a few times now and it definitely affects the experience; A hot water hydratube s now in my methods/techniques wheelhouse... and I will continue to enjoy it from time to time :cool:.

I'm on the EVO again this Friday eve. More Acapulco Gold flower because I can't resist and have lots :love:. What a great experience with the EVO... fresh potent flower at 11 am on the dial after a five minute warm up from cold, and using a dry Helio mouthpiece. :science: and excellent flavors :nod:.

I'm just setting up the hydratube to finish the ELB off at 1pm on the dial. I started using distilled water in the hydratube. Early indications are it's definitely worth the minor effort :tup:. What are fellow EVO owners doing with water?

Cheers

Last edited:

CANtalk

I'm really enjoying the SS ELB setup in the EVO, it works great and is easy to keep clean. One can cheaply buy multiple ELBs and rotate their use with cleaning, or potentially even more easily manage the ELB from bowl to bowl. When it's clean and after a single bowl of use a quick hot water rinse/bath returns the ELB to near perfection. Sometimes I also blow stubborn residue back out from inside the ELB. When the ELB no longer cleans up as easily a quick ISO bath and hot water rinse does the job simply and perfectly. I thought these baskets were more disposable but they clean easily and can last and last. I remember another member recently posting that ELB's last him a crazy long time :nod:.

Part of what drew me to the EVO was the simple and easy ability to clean it (with normal use... no accidents yet), it makes it easier to keep up with that work as well. I was willing go with a more expensive vaporizer because of that. And so far it's definitely worth it to me.

I'm on the EVO again this afternoon :). Doing concentrates and really enjoying it. I love how well the EVO does both flower and concentrates, and I love the variety that doing both gives (they're different experiences). Super Lemon Haze live resin again. Did I say I'm loving the EVO :love::lol:. Shared the concentrates with a friend who's new to them. Great flavors again. During their use I could smell the lemon vapor in the air, impressive :tup:. My concentrate experience was a little different this time... it was a little slow to build vapor. As such, the second draw from the EVO (wet hydratube all the way) ended up with the biggest cloud and there was still impressive flavor. Maybe it was a slightly bigger dab than I expected. Also, I could have let the nail sit longer in the EVO before taking a draw. I'm still figuring out these variables and refining my method/technique. Either way, I was still in flavor-town :luv: :lol:.

Cheers

CANtalk

@macbill, Thx for the brush advice! Take note fellow owners :peace:. That's a good price for easy cleaning imo. Amazon.ca didn't have them for sale unfortunately for me, however there were a number of similar pipe brushes available. I ordered a few other ones just earlier this week :) that are coming from China. When I get to try them I'll report back and link them.

Last edited:

Maninthemachine

I'd be afraid of the cotton fibers cooking into the nail. Unless you do the rest of the cleaning every time.

When I need to clean a nail I just turn the EVO to max & wait.
Sounds like his method bypasses the baked on look the nails get when undergoing the cleaning process in the evo. It definitely works that way but I really like the process the above poster goes through :)

CANtalk

^^ Don't know if that's true but it's worth mentioning.

A great quiet Sunday with the EVO here :leaf:. I haven't experimented with microdosing/small bowls much yet, but today I've repeatedly enjoyed small fresh flower loads :tup:. I sampled ~1/4 bowl of Mango Haze with much success :luv:, followed a few hours later by ~1/5 bowl of GG4... and now just warming up for a small load of Platinum Bubba Kush. I still do a few low temp draws through the dry Helio mouthpiece with a fresh flower load and then finish off at ~ 380F with some draws through a wet hydrapiece (love my Graphite Precision Honeycomb). It's a great combination of fresh flavors with added extended soft dense vapor. I love that I can finish a load of flower off in the EVO at 380F. It's below 400F and I end with the flower lightly toasted or take a few more draws and get it darkly toasted. Impressive and excellent in real-world use :nod:. I'm surprised more people here don't babble on like me about how the EVO is so great :lol:.

The EVO is so efficient; it works perfectly with small and large loads. I have been chronically underestimating the EVO at this point :bowdown:lol.

My flower is currently stored with bovedas in mason jars so it's very plump stuff (i.e, the equivalent amount of dry flower would be even less).

Enjoy this Sunday evening :peace:.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Haven't done a lot of concentrates with the evo. Really just a grow your own flower guy.

Love the evo. Sold a couple dynavap cap, whatever they're called... not my thing. Lighters are no good, just nostalgic... and vapor is way too hot...
I agree with you!
The EVO is LUXURIOUS 4 me?

We only smoked as growers to support SURF LIFE STYLE so I have my own opinion?
I mostly do ROSIN lately, however prefer COLAS (flower top’s)
My wife and daughter are in FRANCE so I do ROSIN to be stealthy?

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I use the mini-circ the most: not the drop mini-circ - it has fewer slits. I like it because I can take it off the EVO and lay it horizontal on the table and it will not leak. I'm better off if I do not have glass upright because I'll knock it over as sure as the sun comes up in the East.

Top Bottom