Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

xjxjr

Looking for some help...

I think my cloud evo is not putting out nearly the clouds I used to get. I have had it and used it regularly for 2 years or so. It’s been great. Nut last few months I just can’t get the hits off of it.

Last night I used my a arizer air, and man, the difference was night and day. Big clouds, ended up feeling much different than I get with cloud.

I’m putting switch at 12. Rise it to 2 at times. It’s just not getting the job done.

Any recommendations on what to check? Thanks!

(I didn’t read this whole thread, so forgive me if it’s buried in this thread)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Looking for some help...

I think my cloud evo is not putting out nearly the clouds I used to get. I have had it and used it regularly for 2 years or so. It’s been great. Nut last few months I just can’t get the hits off of it.

Last night I used my a arizer air, and man, the difference was night and day. Big clouds, ended up feeling much different than I get with cloud.

I’m putting switch at 12. Rise it to 2 at times. It’s just not getting the job done.

Any recommendations on what to check? Thanks!

(I didn’t read this whole thread, so forgive me if it’s buried in this thread)

Are you're ELBs clean? I don't com-bust till I get past 3...have you tried going higher than noon as a start? Could be the herb too. Some herb needs a higher temp to really produce. The Air is a convection vape so maybe going higher in temp with the same herb would help. Most of the time when a Evo has an issue with the bamboo it's going to result in too much heat not too little so you're probably ok there.

Wizzonu

I own a VapeXhale that i am am very pleased with, but i signed up to this site to bring a concern.
I recently purchased a EMF detector to see if any of my devices were harming me.

for example they tell you to stand 3f away from a microwave because any closer could expose you to more than 25mG EMF. 25mG is the limit for any device without real health effects. 4 inchs away from a microwave oven is 200-500 mG.

Now for the climax, now Ive found these fields can work in strange ways. Microwave ovens for example project EMF further than any device so far. What i found with the VapeXhale is you !!DO NOT!! want to hold it in your hand and hit it, or get in the habit of doing that. My vapexhale is essentially a microwave running in your hand. The vapexhale reading just over 1100mG on the surface and dissipates 5" away from device. I have a mobile vape the pax 3, that gives off 30mG when its heating, my cell is 100mG Lg G7. You could overlook most of these numbers, i don't hold my phone to my head and no longer hold the vapeXhale. EMF it produces is terrible really. They should really consider some better shielding.

My readings on the vapexhale was only at 45% power on the unit, near normal operating temps.

Last edited:

Schwarz

I own a VapeXhale that i am am very pleased with, but i signed up to this site to bring a concern.
I recently purchased a EMF detector to see if any of my devices were harming me.

for example they tell you to stand 3f away from a micro because any closer could expose you to more than 25mG EMF. 25mG is the limit for any device without real health effects. 4 inchs away from a microwave oven is 200-500 mG.

Now for the climax, now Ive found these fields can work in strange ways. Microwave ovens for example project EMF further than any device so far. What i found with the VapeXhale is you !!DO NOT!! want to hold it in your hand and hit it, or get in the habit of doing that. My vapexhale is essentially a microwave running in your hand. The vapexhale reading just over 1100mG on the surface and dissipates 5" away from device. I have a mobile vape the pax 3, that gives off 30mG when its heating, my cell is 100mG Lg G7. You could overlook most of these numbers, i don't hold my phone to my head and no longer hold the vapeXhale. EMF it produces is terrible really. They should really consider some better shielding.

My readings on the vapexhale was only at 45% power on the unit, near normal operating temps.
Take some video proof demonstrating this, I’m curious.

Wizzonu

Thanks! Interesting stuff.

If you have time...
Got an iPhone? If so can you measure it? No filming is needed.What’s the meter read for other stuff around your house?

Just read my previous article, i mentioned what my phone was reading the LG G7 and my pax 3 vaporizer. As i mentioned earlier only my microwave matches the Vapexhale compared to any other device I have measured.

other devices include a/c window unit. floor airfilters, 50" tv , wall outlets, even poorly shielded wires in the walls, etc.
A/C unit was reading 40mG near the surface and nothing when you move the sensor away.

The Microwave and the vapexhale stand out in these tests.

CANtalk

Interesting EMF info. Thx for the measurements.

For those interested in EMF information there's lots of it on the net, and from all sorts of sources.

The document in this link summarizes EMF limits used by many governments, health and saftey organizations (including the World Health Organization), etc. in North America and other places around the world. https://www.ehs.iastate.edu/sites/default/files/uploads/publications/manuals/emf.pdf
The International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA) has chartered a committee... a scientific advisory group whose members have extensive expertise with non-ionizing radiations like microwaves and EMFs. They have published guidelines on limits of exposure to 50/60 Hz electric and magnetic fields. These recommendations considered all the available scientific information. The recommendations state that "members of the general public should not be exposed on a continuous basis to... magnetic fields exceeding 0.1 mT (1 gauss or 1,000 mG)... Magnetic fields for occupational exposures should be limited to less than 0.5 mT (5 gauss or 5,000 mG).
This is the direct link from WHO, https://www.who.int/peh-emf/project/mapnatreps/nznrl_emfbooklet2008.pdf.

At this time, I'm not very concerned with the earlier posted EMF readings. EVO use and exposure is obviously not continuous, rather it's quite limited. While the EVO EMF exposure may be above 1000 mG for a short period of time, that's not continuous exposure... and it's far less than the occupational exposure limit of 5000 mG which is permitted for 8 hrs per day for 5 days per week for an entire work career. EMF is an evolving area of study and more research is needed. Again, I'm not very concerned, though YMMV and I don't want to dismiss other people who have heightened concerns.

Many other evapes may have similar EMF readings (it would be interesting to measure and compare) and this puts a new perspective on evapes that people leave on continuously for hours, days or weeks, where now there is the potential for continuous exposure.

That's my :2c:, YMMV :peace:.

Last edited:

Wizzonu

Interesting EMF info. Thx for the measurements.

For those interested in EMF information there's lots of it on the net, and from all sorts of sources.

The document in this link summarizes EMF limits used by many governments, health and saftey organizations (including the World Health Organization), etc. in North America and other places around the world. https://www.ehs.iastate.edu/sites/default/files/uploads/publications/manuals/emf.pdf

This is the direct link from WHO, https://www.who.int/peh-emf/project/mapnatreps/nznrl_emfbooklet2008.pdf.

At this time, I'm not very concerned with the earlier posted EMF readings. EVO use and exposure is obviously not continuous, rather it's quite limited. While the EVO EMF exposure may be above 1000 mG for a short period of time, it's far less than the occupational exposure limit of 5000 mG which is permitted for 8 hrs per day for 5 days per week for years. EMF is an evolving area of study and more research is needed. Again, I'm not very concerned, though YMMV and I don't want to dismiss other people who have heightened concerns.

Many other evapes may have similar EMF readings (it would be interesting to measure and compare) and this puts a new perspective on evapes that people leave on continuously for hours, days or weeks, where now there is the potential for continuous exposure.

That's my :2c:, YMMV :peace:.

The way i see it, i wouldn't put a microwave in my lap while my food cooks. I do still love the Vapexhale, I started using it with a whip/water pipe adapter sometime ago so i don't have to hold it anymore, It is also still my favorite vaporizer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wizzonu,
Reactions: ataxian

Schwarz

The way i see it, i wouldn't put a microwave in my lap while my food cooks. I do still love the Vapexhale, I started using it with a whip/water pipe adapter sometime ago so i don't have to hold it anymore, It is also still my favorite vaporizer.
Could also turn it off right before hitting it after letting it heat up for a good 5-10mins.

Wizzonu

I guess if you are dabbing you could turn it off like that. Flower requires a little more of a draw and what i like to call a priming hit. the first hit you get some vapor but not as much as the next hits to follow, leaving the device on for flower i think would be recommended at least until you are done with the session.

O-G-Reg

Greatttt so having this thing in my lap seperated from my business only by the fabric of my PJs is similar to sitting on a running microwave. Damn it all! Time to break out the tinfoil. Maybe I should really just settle and get a whip adapter set.

O-G-Reg,

Schwarz

I took a quick video for ya, be safe y'all

When you’ve got the chance, can you place the evo in a place without any other electronics within 10 feet or more (like possibly outside or wherever you can manage) and measure the readings at 3 feet, 1 foot, and 5 inches and post the results?

I’d love to test myself but I don’t have a reader :( thanks for your help, I know it could be annoying me askin you

Schwarz,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Just received the newvape flowerpot but for me as i likely thought the vapexhale cloud evo remains supreme in terms of a really high end convection experience. I am a low temp, thc laden, blue vapour :- taste and flavor chaser.

Even with lower temps the showerpot definitely hits you harder, with vapexhale your still in vaping realm, with the flowerpot it reminds me a more combustion style harder hit, the flowerpot is right in between the cloud and sublimator, which also a intense hitting machine but was too much for me as an everyday device and dint have the taste comparison to these.

For people switching from combustion go for the newvape stuff if you want that bong hit experience all the time.

Wizzonu

Being surrounded by emf is what lead me to purchase a simple detector, You have to realize in life you can have too much of anything. Poorly shielded electronic is a real problem in society, I fly drones and one of my drones were producing so much EMF interference it was effecting my action camera which was also poorly shielded. Trying to cut down on overall exposure at least for the devices that produce an unusual amount of EMF is just a good idea in general.

@Shwarz most of the EMF on the vapexhale is near the surface of the unit and dissipates 5" or so away.

I was surprised how well shielded my PC was, rocks a gtx 1080 and a 1200watt power supply. of course i didn't test inside the case but no real need. Roughly 1% what the vapexhale tested at on the PSU, if that doesn't concern you nothing will lol.

Most Power cables/extension cords have good shielding so it might not even set off a EMF detector at least not raise alarms. Other power cables not so much... you just don't know until you test.

Anyway I am not trying to deter anyone but i do think its something we should all think about more.

Last edited:
Wizzonu,

O-G-Reg

I’m admittedly building a small DHGATE hydratube collection as i’m new to the tubes and not sure how long they’ll survive.... Never dropped a single piece in my life, gf not so much.

Anyway just saw what I believe MIGHT? be a new and original design from yingmin5.

Looks interesting but im not sure about the whole extrenal airpath part. Might be too fragile?

37-C1957-F-76-A4-4-BD3-8-C6-C-EFC683-BD3-CFF.jpg

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
I’m admittedly building a small DHGATE hydratube collection as i’m new to the tubes and not sure how long they’ll survive.... Never dropped a single piece in my life, gf not so much.

Anyway just saw what I believe MIGHT? be a new and original design from yingmin5.

Looks interesting but im not sure about the whole extrenal airpath part. Might be too fragile?

37-C1957-F-76-A4-4-BD3-8-C6-C-EFC683-BD3-CFF.jpg

I tried this one, did not like the airflow through that side tube, more than anything its a pita to clean.

InhaleExhale

Anything including a simple extension cord while in use (AC power) will create EMF. The higher the amperage, the more EMF.

You're surrounded by it all day long.
I'll second this. You are surrounded by AM/FM radio, telephone/cellular, microwave, electromagnetic radiation, solar radiation. Might as well cower in a Faraday cage if you are looking to escape EMF.

PureVapr

@O-G-Reg I have the official Vapexhale version of that incycler. It’s a lovely piece and doesn’t have a lot of diffusion so flavour remains strong, it’s not as much of a pain to clean as it looks. The outer tube isnt as fragile as it looks, my whole vapexdeck went off the coffee table onto the floor when I got tangled in the cable, the only thing that broke was a vapexnail.

Talking of Vapexnails & quartz/boro, I’ve seen people mention that other than the burnoff there isn’t a difference, I don’t find that to be true. Heat travels through Quartz much better so if you fill your nail and drop it in the unit, the whole dab vapourises quickly, I found that when using borosilicate nails there is a delay then you get a steady stream of vapour. Good for sipping but I like to slam the whole thing down fast, so definitely prefer quartz.
In addition to the Incycler, other official glass I own is the Hydrabase Bomb edition, the Tritan, Lynx with Nebula whip, Graphite HoneyComb mini hydratube, honeycomb full size hydratube, and full size turbine hydratube. They all work in different ways, let me know if anyone wants any pics of anything and I’ll do my best to snap and upload something.

Yeah I was the guy whose unit caught fire a year or so ago, still love it.

Top Bottom