• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Krzydmnd

The EVO is a really great device. I still have a ton to figure out but it’s extraction and flavor are amazing. Using the whip to my own glass I am getting better flavor that my New Vape Showerhead

Can you post a Pic of your whip and glass setup by chance ? I'm looking to go that route but there are so many glass options it gets overwhelming!! I'd like a nice mid sized water pipe that can sit on the table.

Krzydmnd,
Reactions: BigJr48

guyonthecouch

Hey yall, my buddy picked up an Evo recently over the holidays and we can't tell if it's working properly or not. With flower, vapor is being produced but it's pretty wispy and thin, not thick like what I'd expect. Seems to work fine with concentrates. We've tried multiple hydratubes and bongs/rigs, the only time we get decent vapor with a non hydratube piece is with a lung busting draw causing a crazy loud whistle(i've seen the whistle mentioned here before but never in any of Seibo's/reviewers vids) on 12 oclock or higher. There's one demo video where Seibo has the unit heating at 12 while he's talking about the Evo and then he cranks to max temp right before he hits it, is this how it's supposed to be used? We tried this and got darker abv than lower temps but vapor to air ratio was still not that impressive. Does this thing milk or what? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated, we've watched every vid out there and can't figure out what we're doing wrong.

guyonthecouch,
Reactions: BigJr48

Krzydmnd

Hey yall, my buddy picked up an Evo recently over the holidays and we can't tell if it's working properly or not. With flower, vapor is being produced but it's pretty wispy and thin, not thick like what I'd expect. Seems to work fine with concentrates. We've tried multiple hydratubes and bongs/rigs, the only time we get decent vapor with a non hydratube piece is with a lung busting draw causing a crazy loud whistle(i've seen the whistle mentioned here before but never in any of Seibo's/reviewers vids) on 12 oclock or higher. There's one demo video where Seibo has the unit heating at 12 while he's talking about the Evo and then he cranks to max temp right before he hits it, is this how it's supposed to be used? We tried this and got darker abv than lower temps but vapor to air ratio was still not that impressive. Does this thing milk or what? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated, we've watched every vid out there and can't figure out what we're doing wrong.

I wouldn't day it milks with flower in my experience but I'm getting the effects so I'm cool with it. Concentrate, absolutely milky.

The whistle can be controlled with a little piece of cotton in the bottom.

Baron23

I run right at about 1:15 - 1:30 on the temp dial and get consistent thick vapor.

I suspect perhaps something is wrong....the EVO is an extraction machine.

CANtalk

@guyonthecouch, I'm new to the EVO as well and at 12 o'clock on the temp dial I tend to not get any significant cloud/vapor until the third or fourth draw on fresh flower (good size slow draws below the whistle threshold). Lots of flavor though. And as @Krzydmnd mentioned, there are good effects. I think it's a lower temp use with the EVO as @Baron23 mentions, so increase the dial temp for more heat and that will give more vapor. I do 12 o'clock for the first session and 2 o'clock on the temp dial to finish the flower on the second or third session. To get some good/thick vapor you can skip the lower temp and go straight to the 2 o'clock position (or whatever you find you prefer). And for good vapor fill the ELB (3/4 full is max).

Last edited:

415vapor

@guyonthecouch as you may have gathered it sounds like something is wrong with your buds evo. have you tested it for air leaks? odd that it works fine on concentrates. my theory is you have an air leak in the bamboo but the high temps for concentrates compensates for the air leak. new or used? another theory is that the heater isn't calibrated properly (or just something flat out wrong with it). someone mentioned a "reset." maybe this will recalibrate the heater. lastly if you have a kitchen/bbq temp probe you can stick it down the bamboo and see what temps you get. you should easily hit the 400's on a low setting with it just sitting there.

guyonthecouch

Thanks for the replies everyone, @415vapor it's new direct from Vapexhale. How do I test for air leaks? Just seal bottom or top with red cap and blow in other end or?

I saw the mention of a reset as well but couldn't confirm instructions anywhere. Went for it, not sure if it worked or not but seemed to have better results after first post-reset test run = improved vapor density and darker abv at @Baron23's suggested 1:15-:130 temp range. My reset attempts: While plugged in turned unit on/off 3x fast and then on/off 5x fast. Unplugged unit and repeated 3/5. Pairing Evo with a straight fab and the whistling is outrageous, like a tea kettle blasting in my ear haha not ideal. I've tried it with a couple different pieces and the whistling seems to vary piece to piece.

If wanting to do smaller bowls(half or less) is there a suggested packing technique? Or do you have to fill all of the chamber space(similar to volcano) to get good results?

Last edited:

415vapor

@guyonthecouch yeah i would plug the bottom with my finger and blow in the top. but i like your idea of using the red cap better lol. i just tested mine - used my finger because it was readily available and blew in the top. check. i next tested the hydratube loosely placed over the male joint but this time sucked. check! so in other words you don't need to force the hydratube on the joint to get a good seal.

maybe the reset fixed it. maybe it required some sort of burn off type thing? i dunno.

CANtalk

Just did a session. ELB is full but not packed (3/4). 12 o'clock on the dial and 10-15 minute preheat. No real vapor until the third draw, but the third draw was a good cloud. And cough. Feeling lots there now :). Session done.

Alexis

Your very kind!
I’m 60 & did not start until 1970.
I was going 2 make BASKETS or fix the ones I have in storage?

We only grew outdoors on 5 acres. (Pretty much a newbie.)
Woah what an introduction into the world or pot at just 11 years old. I held out until 17, but evwn then it was primarily old school hash. I dont think I even actually equainted cannabis with something that grew in the ground for quite a few years.

So you were sure lucky to get such a full and immediate introduction into the marvellous world of weed. :leaf:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Woah what an introduction into the world or pot at just 11 years old. I held out until 17, but evwn then it was primarily old school hash. I dont think I even actually equainted cannabis with something that grew in the ground for quite a few years.

So you were sure lucky to get such a full and immediate introduction into the marvellous world of weed. :leaf:
I’m a STONER in fantasy!
MEDICAL reasons these dazes?

EVO everyday!

If being CIVILIZED you need COLAS!
CANNABIS is safer than COKE!

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
The optimum air flow is just when you reach the whistle. If you are pulling so hard that it shrieks, that is too hard. There is an unavoidable manufacturing tolerance in the diameter of the orifice, that is the source of the whistle variation in conjunction with the force of the draw. Remember that you don't want to draw like you do wtih a pipe. If your particular EVO whistles with what seems like a softer draw, try raising the temp setting to ~2 to compensate. Also, don't take a sharp hit like we did with bongs, make it a long steady pull, again just at the point it starts to whistle. My EVO doesn't whistle at all; I get dense vapor on a steady pull at 1. If you can't dial it in with experimenting like the above, you may have an over-tight bamboo; it happens, although that seemed to be mostly with the early units - the QA improved after developing new tooling but with manufacturing glass there is only so much precision possible so its still happens occasionally. You may need to have that bamboo switched out by VXL.

:science::myday:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks for the thoughtful reply; I appreciate that. I've been using the EVO and way back before it the original Cloud (which I still have and is an even bigger hammer than the EVO), since beta for both. Lots of glass and many of the HT's along the way. I hear what you're saying about top-heavy. The earliest HT's were thicker and while the weight was ok with the much heavier aluminum Cloud, were too much for the EVO. Second and third gen HT's are the most beautiful, blown by Evolver and others - but they do require a careful near-vertical posture when hitting given their height; the necks have just a gentle curve. By way of comparison though, there are nearly 2x the slits compared to the side-car tree so much more action. Seibo just couldn't make a buck off them, much better profit in the current line. For a long time I used the HydraLine, an elegant piece with a lower center-of-gravity but my lady doesn't like how she has to pucker her lips on that straight mouthpiece. I never had an itch for the side-cars but now that the wife is joining in more, well, you know where the priority is now. I do like the base on the side-cars, seems like good balance with the EVO.

Can you (or someone) give me the height of the can on the Precision line? (Just the can, not the mouthpiece.) Looks like the Classic/Swiss Precision adds about an inch to that.

Thx again!

:rockon::myday:

1966 was my start. Cheap mexican shit, but sure beat the hell out of that Red Mountain swill.

There was a head shop near the Whiskey on the Blvd. Got a hookah there. Great for hash but a PITA to use.

Some great but huge and expensive glass in the Haight. But we were all really poor then, remember? Way too poor for that stuff.

Was years and years before the wife partook. She was always so damned self-conscious, worried that it "made her stupid." I told her that was the point, but couldn't persuade her. No way with a joint. My early vapes were way too hot. And then the Cloud - but the monster terrified her. The sleek EVO and Bubba J with good glass finally turned her around though. She is only a once-a-week tripper, but still she dances mighty fine when she does. Maybe your lady someday, too. Hope springs eternal.

Be good, old salt. But not too much.

;):myday:
Da “DOORS “ played at the “WISKEY” (love music) & CANNABIS.

The EVO is decent 4 this endeavor.
CANNABIS TASTE very nice with a EVO.

Some COLLECTING is their ambition?

A vaporizer is not the “HOLY GRAIL”!

Da “EVO” comes close!
Some R here 4 Collecting ?
Some R here 2 enjoy CANNABIS?

EVO is a reasonable device?

Last edited:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Da “DOORS “ played at the “WISKEY” (love music) & CANNABIS. . . .

As did Jimi. We always used to say when asked . . . "you had to be there, man."

Meantime, at the Fillmore Grace and Paul were handing out Orange Sunshine like it was candy. Turned out that was just too much for some, particularly the uninitiated.

:peace::myday:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
As did Jimi. We always used to say when asked . . . "you had to be there, man."

Meantime, at the Fillmore Grace and Paul were handing out Orange Sunshine like it was candy. Turned out that was just too much for some, particularly the uninitiated.

:peace::myday:
We’re I grew up we had the GOLDEN BEAR MUSIC BUILDING, JIMI HENDRICKS & many other bands played there during Da HIPPIES movement.

We had a SURF THEATRE near where I smoked a joint in the bathroom’s at the beach before the movie.
POT as it was called before the proper name: CANNABIS became cool to say?
A EVO at the time would have been a GAME CHANGER!

Top Bottom