• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Thanks for more insight . . .

It's great that you're getting pointers from your mates. My sense is (and mea culpa if I've misread) that this is pretty intense for you. I can appreciate that; at my age throat and lungs and tummy are very vulnerable to irritation.

I'm still using my first-release EVO, and occasionally my first-release Cloud OG. There are many great things about the Cloud, amongst which is its versatility. A small price one pays for that is there are also many subtleties, particularly with the EVO. With this "connoisseur's vape", the rig, setup, and technique may be extra important.

So . . . be patient with yourself. No one gets all this dialed in quickly. No one. I encourage experimentation. Fwiw, a few data points . . .

Remember that the EVO is analog, and with most units the heat gradation between 12-2 is much wider than it is at the bottom or top of the scale. So the range between 12-2 appears to be significantly greater than, say, between 3-5. Probably most of us stay in that 12-2 range, even more likely 12-1. That seems to be the sweet spot on most of the units (caveat: IDK if the 220v behaves differently). My unit provides the best balance when kept at 1pm; you'll need to find your own point on the dial, or you may use 2 or 3 dial settings depending on other factors (sometimes even in the same session). This can take some time to figure out.

The appearance of the vapor can be quite deceiving. With the smaller chambers on current HT's along with fairly free-flowing perc's, the vapor flow is quite fast and can make one think that the vapor is thin. However, if you pair the EVO with glass that has a much larger can, e.g., my Mobius Ion or even more so the Mobius Micro (50% larger can than the Ion) you will white-wall those pieces and can easily bust your lungs. The user can gather thick vapor in the smaller chambers but IME that may require punching it like Seibo does. Whatever, comfort is the best ref point.

There are EVO users who bong-rip, and no question about it, the EVO keeps hitting like a champ so you won't get ahead of it. If that's your style, cool. That said, a lot of new EVO users initially approach it like conduction vapes or flame setups, and IMHO that slows the discovery process. When the Cloud OG was released users were really big into the digital thing, trying to dial in temps with a precision that isn't really possible and, in the end, can be more of a distraction. IMO with the Cloud it's all about the experience; the process itself can be enjoyable. The net effect is different too because the vapor is so smooth and clean.

Some never stop experimenting. Bottom line, the EVO, besides being a great vape, can also be a helluva lot of fun. Enjoy.

:myday::rockon:

Alexis

It's great that you're getting pointers from your mates. My sense is (and mea culpa if I've misread) that this is pretty intense for you. I can appreciate that; at my age throat and lungs and tummy are very vulnerable to irritation.

I'm still using my first-release EVO, and occasionally my first-release Cloud OG. There are many great things about the Cloud, amongst which is its versatility. A small price one pays for that is there are also many subtleties, particularly with the EVO. With this "connoisseur's vape", the rig, setup, and technique may be extra important.

So . . . be patient with yourself. No one gets all this dialed in quickly. No one. I encourage experimentation. Fwiw, a few data points . . .

Remember that the EVO is analog, and with most units the heat gradation between 12-2 is much wider than it is at the bottom or top of the scale. So the range between 12-2 appears to be significantly greater than, say, between 3-5. Probably most of us stay in that 12-2 range, even more likely 12-1. That seems to be the sweet spot on most of the units (caveat: IDK if the 220v behaves differently). My unit provides the best balance when kept at 1pm; you'll need to find your own point on the dial, or you may use 2 or 3 dial settings depending on other factors (sometimes even in the same session). This can take some time to figure out.

The appearance of the vapor can be quite deceiving. With the smaller chambers on current HT's along with fairly free-flowing perc's, the vapor flow is quite fast and can make one think that the vapor is thin. However, if you pair the EVO with glass that has a much larger can, e.g., my Mobius Ion or even more so the Mobius Micro (50% larger can than the Ion) you will white-wall those pieces and can easily bust your lungs. The user can gather thick vapor in the smaller chambers but IME that may require punching it like Seibo does. Whatever, comfort is the best ref point.

There are EVO users who bong-rip, and no question about it, the EVO keeps hitting like a champ so you won't get ahead of it. If that's your style, cool. That said, a lot of new EVO users initially approach it like conduction vapes or flame setups, and IMHO that slows the discovery process. When the Cloud OG was released users were really big into the digital thing, trying to dial in temps with a precision that isn't really possible and, in the end, can be more of a distraction. IMO with the Cloud it's all about the experience; the process itself can be enjoyable. The net effect is different too because the vapor is so smooth and clean.

Some never stop experimenting. Bottom line, the EVO, besides being a great vape, can also be a helluva lot of fun. Enjoy.

Thank you so very much for your generous post and brilliant advice. I can relate directly to every single point, as these are the exact thoughts, ideas and perceptions forming in my mind currently, also reflect my general understanding and experience with vaping in general.

It all resonates I cant thank you enough for offering your own wise perspective.:tup:

You are so right about vapor visibility deception with certain vapes, rigs and setups. And this Turbine is a prime example. The Evo vapor is also so smooth going in, (and out!) And as I mentioned it doesnt help to first test out a new toy and tools late at night in very dim lighting.

I was also exceptionally tired and have vision and focus problems as well as sensory/perception limitations that vary enormously with conditionl, time etc.

I also was not at all settled in a correct manner. I spend so many hours managong and treating allergies and infections. I had done this all day yeserday and was late evening when I first could vape after first meal (2 meals a day/night).

I was so hungry for meal 2, I need extra time between meals to get vaped enough to go several hours, and time to treat allergies (food, weed) and get vital rest too.

So I didnt have the time or patience to be trying a new vape out. I just needed to get vaped fast. But I am so tired of all my other options atm and couldnt use anyhing else last night.
So it was the totally wrong way to go about it really, and hence it backfired somewhat.

My chest was severly bothered after my late dinner. I know now that I just hit it way too hard as you almost conject. Decieved by the rapid flowing Turbine, dim light and smoothness.
I had to go again before bed. 0.18 load maybe, set at 12 to start I think. Then up to 1. I hit it hard. It was only on the final hits at 1 that I sped up my draw rate and got the whistle!:rockon:
You have to toke quite fast to keep it whistling but it is very doable.
This way I got much more visible vapor. It seemed like draw rate/tech CAN affect vapor production to some extent, but I cant comment yet.

My chest was very bad overnight and today. I had no way of telling yet if it was from misuse and going way past my comfort level. It takes some time for this type of aggravation to wear off and it is impossible to test fairly until then. I struggled through the night and allergy treatments this morning. Energy very low due to increased breathing difficulty.

I just couldnt wait to vape in the light of day to see what was actually going on and just how hard I was hitting it last night. I started at 11.30 on dial, 0.17 ish load of Durban.
At this temp I took a very long fast whistling hit and blew out a very large cloud. Vapor was very visible in Turbine. I repeated again.

This was also too much I am convinced. I thought the lower temp would cushion an overly large hit, but Im sure I just underestimated the sheer volume and flow of vapor. Just no need for me to inhale rapidly for 20 seconds is there?:doh:

I felt the same type of bother, but not as bad. So tried shorter whistling draws at 12. Like 7, 8 seconds. It seemed like a quarter of the time inhaling, so maybe I drew for 25 seconds before.

These short draws were still big clouds. By now my chest was unable to gauge much. I finished at 1 eventually, all vapor gone. Nice tan ABV. Every load so far has been dead even extraction. Not tamped at all.

So conclusion so far- I WAY overhit the Evo last night. Was just starting to recover before trying again earlier. Again too aggressive, but we are stepping in the right direction. All night and morning I was tussling with the belief that the Evo just isnt going to work for me, in which case I would rather just know soon as, not prolong suffereing and move on.

If it comes to that I would simply hope to get money back, having got it so cheap- @Mushroomturtle its gone up to £400 now.;)

But hopefully won't be necessary and your advice is perfect to give it some time for experimentation and a more cautious, considered approach.

Taste- I have to say Im not blown away by the flavour. It is very nice, pleasant and smooth. But the Elev8r has just really spoilt me here recently, as by far the best tasting vape I have tried.
But I like the Evo way more. Ease of use is brilliant.

Most of all- I love the EFFECT! Im very impressed with it. If my chest had not been so bothered, and my mind grappling with anxiety, I would have been in heaven with how lovely and wonderful a stoned effect I have had since last night.
So comfortable, deeply relaxing, contenting, very medicinal. But gentle, not weak, full, complete but not harsh or disruptive.

I like it. I will be sad if I cant use it. My Durban load today. I swear this plant has not given such an enjoyable and balanced buzz from that load size.

Whatever happens, this was a punt. I would be sad to not be able to keep it, but I will have the Herborizer very soon. Worst case I have the hassle to sell. Only a hassle to my due to health conditions and no energy or time for anything except essential tasks each day (food, sleep, symptoms, treatments....Vaping my brains out, ahem!:uhoh:)

But my hopes are to have 2 very excellent desktops I can use and enjoy. Like 2 CD'S to listen to if you get me. Time will tell.

Thanks again for your wisdom @oldiebutgoodie have a lovely day over there.:)

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Thank you so very much . . .

And thank you for the kind words in reply. With my sensitivities, I find a long relaxed draw works best. Before taking the hit I take a deep breath and expel that completely. That enables me to pull from my diaphragm (like a singer), both more comfortable and yields more vapor. Getting more vapor that way reduces my number of hits and makes each a little less demanding on my body.

Btw, nearly every person whom I have turned on to the EVO, has coughed his/her innards out with their first hit. Going hotter and harder than necessary at first, is almost universal.

Good luck!

:myday::science:;)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

The EVO is so full of flavor!
If CANNABIS is important?
4 da $ = VAPXHALE = CIVILIZED DEVICE

THANK U 4 HELPING US ALL!

Baron23

I want one!
Great Blower based in da best state known to man kind? (Kine is how it's said in the South Pacific)
EVO = power & effect + flavor beyond reason!
meh....looks like a lot of glass to do a simple job. I still like the classic HT's the best. Really don't want more weight on top of the EVO, personally.

@Alexis , et al - wrt to stirring, I just pull the ELB out and tap it on the table top a few times and then back in the unit. You will see, if you pull and ELB out and hold it to the light after taking a draw or two, that the flower is all at the top. Tap, tap, tap...then draw, draw, draw.

Load size is abotu .15 g for me...seems like a sweet spot. Fine grind of .15 g is about 1/3 -1/2 full in the ELB depending on how fine it is.

WRT temp...well, we are all different and indeed so are analog devices and one should expect some small amount of difference between 1 o'clock on mine and 1 o'clock on yours. My fav temp is right at 1:15...maybe 1:30 when I'm feeling spunky.

I have not used a precision, but I do use my OG Turbine HT and love it.

I think if you are a bit more gentle with yourself, you may find the EVO works well with your medical condition. Least I certainly hope so.

Hope you continue to enjoy your EVO. Among my vapes, its used the most just because its simple and hard hitting.

Cheers

Last edited:

Alexis

meh....looks like a lot of glass to do a simple job. I still like the classic HT's the best. Really don't want more weight on top of the EVO, personally.

@Alexis , et al - wrt to stirring, I just pull the ELB out and tap it on the table top a few times and then back in the unit. You will see, if you pull and ELB out and hold it to the light after taking a draw or two, that the flower is all at the top. Tap, tap, tap...then draw, draw, draw.

Load size is abotu .15 g for me...seems like a sweet spot. Fine grind of .15 g is about 1/3 -1/2 full in the ELB depending on how fine it is.

WRT temp...well, we are all different and indeed so are analog devices and one should expect some small amount of difference between 1 o'clock on mine and 1 o'clock on yours. My fav temp is right at 1:15...maybe 1:30 when I'm feeling spunky.

I have not used a precision, but I do use my OG Turbine HT and love it.

I think if you are a bit more gentle with yourself, you may find the EVO works well with your medical condition. Least I certainly hope so.

Hope you continue to enjoy your EVO. Among my vapes, its used the most just because its simple and hard hitting.

Cheers
Thanks Baron, you are another invaluable resource of useful information and perspective which I trust completely and take fully on board. i.e:

Lazy says "Blah..." so how come Baron says "Blah.1...."? :hmm::lol:
Seriously though Baron the knowledge and viewpoints you share are always of great interest and use to me. I have followed with particular interest your love and praise for the Evo with the other fantastic options you have at hand, one in particular.

I kept thinking "Mmm. Baron still so highly rates the Evo, while many others would lead me to believe it has been surpassed" kind of thing. So you played a sizeable role in me keeping my mind open to the Evo more.

As you know, I have tried a few of the modern "Super Vaporizers" in recent time. And the Evo has seriously impressed me, not less really than anything else for the sheer enjoyable and potent effects.

I will try a more gentle approach when reactions have fully subsided. Its a lot better now, took all day but is gradually "drying up". However, I have to be open to the possibility that I just can't tolerate the Evo vape signature, like some other vapes no matter how I approach it.

In which case at least I have had the pleasure of testing another amazing device. Many thanks and have a very good night.:tup:

Last edited:

gaseous_clay

Hey everyone. I have visited this thread often and have a good few FC friends here (at least I like to think.) I have always enjoyed the ambience, peacefulness and friendliness of this thread and have felt many a time that it would be so nice to be on the inside with you all.
But I have never really been strongly drawn to owning the Evo, and Im really not sure why. I think the high price has prevented me from making it a consideration.

Not that it is unreasonable, and is very in line with many top desktop and bubbler packages.
But at no point have I actually been considering buying the Evo.

Now time for some fun- can you guess what it is the box just inside my front door on this fine new day here in Bedford UK?

A doll that looks like a combination of Chucky and Margaret Thatcher?

gaseous_clay

It does have a bit of chug, but nothing like the hydra base bomb edition I have. It chugs along easily though and they are small chugs so isn’t splashy and draw resistance isn’t an issue.
It has a nice amount of volume which isn’t great for flavour but for a massive rip of something strong it really delivers. The flavour isn’t too badly effected but obviously you’ll get more from a small piece.

It’s got a lot of weight to it and won’t stand up too stable without a stand (mine came with one).

Here’s a little vid I did just now so you can hopefully get an idea - sorry about the quality lol

Did yours come with a hydrafoot stand? Mine didn't. I thought I remembered reading in the main listing that it came with one.

gaseous_clay,
Reactions: ataxian

Alexis

Did yours come with a hydrafoot stand? Mine didn't. I thought I remembered reading in the main listing that it came with one.
I just looked on Dhgate to see what options there are. This one looks okay, has some very good reviews and lots of options too. If I keep my Evo, I may try it out.

gaseous_clay

When I placed my order I even looked to see if hydrafoots (feet?) were available. Doesn't look like they're a thing anymore. I know my last order I picked up a couple seconds, which were much better than the Chinese crap. Now there were none as seconds or regulars.

Yes mine came with one. It needs one really as it’s quite top heavy.

I noticed! Currently using my Octo base as a stand for it.

Alexis

Da EVO is a flavor machine!
POV
AND a medicine cabinet. This is actually what I look for and appteciate most in a vaporizer- the extent to which it delivers the potential of cannabis as a medicine.

I mean, what could be more imporrant right? IME and very clearly so, this varies gigantically between different models. Particular ones truly excel here compared to others, in the powerful and deep medicinal action. For me that is the Flowerpot SH and Herborizer Ti that I have felt and noticed the most powerful of these effects/benefits.

But the Evo is another one for sure. I do think it is a real shame that not everybody who uses a vaporizer, has a device like this to deliver the most from the medicine. In many cases, only a fraction of the healing potential of the herb is transferred due to device limitations. And to think people will go years on such a manner!

Going forward, we need to make cannabis use as (yep, you guessed it)- MEDICINAL!:lol: for everybody who uses it. Vape models are a vital aspect of all this. With so much focus on all the other factors involved, I feel this one doesn't get nearly enough attention.

The Evo is a great way to start.:nod:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
AND a medicine cabinet. This is actually what I look for and appteciate most in a vaporizer- the extent to which it delivers the potential of cannabis as a medicine.

I mean, what could be more imporrant right? IME and very clearly so, this varies gigantically between different models. Particular ones truly excel here compared to others, in the powerful and deep medicinal action. For me that is the Flowerpot SH and Herborizer Ti that I have felt and noticed the most powerful of these effects/benefits.

But the Evo is another one for sure. I do think it is a real shame that not everybody who uses a vaporizer, has a device like this to deliver the most from the medicine. In many cases, only a fraction of the healing potential of the herb is transferred due to device limitations. And to think people will go years on such a manner!

Going forward, we need to make cannabis use as (yep, you guessed it)- MEDICINAL!:lol: for everybody who uses it. Vape models are a vital aspect of all this. With so much focus on all the other factors involved, I feel this one doesn't get nearly enough attention.

The Evo is a great way to start.:nod:
I have many vaporizer's & da EVO GET'S THE MOST USE!

Bling is not my thing!

FLAVOR/EFFECT = is the main element

lazylathe

Almost there...
The EVO has quickly established itself as a DD in my daily vape rotation!!
Quite a feat since vapes need to be pretty damn good to stay with my other big hitters.

Great flavor and great effects with small doses.
I do not mind the ELB's, a few complain about them but they work well for me. I only have 2 of them and end up using only one...A quick ISO dip for the cap is basically all I clean!

The EVO has become my starter vape!
A few super tasty bowls to start the medication routine and I am set for a few hours.
Finishing off some awesome Watermelon, watching the tress sway in the breeze and listening to the birds outside! Life is good!!

Hope everyone has an EVOlicious week!
:rockon:

gaseous_clay

I do not mind the ELB's, a few complain about them but they work well for me. I only have 2 of them and end up using only one...A quick ISO dip for the cap is basically all I clean!

:rockon:

Rotate. You will notice soon enough that using only one will clog it up.

I have 10 & after a couple uses I throw them in a boro jar with ISO, put the jar in a pan & pour boiling water into the pan. The heated ISO really cleans them up well. Once it cools enough to touch I do a quick brushing of the ELB's & rinse with water. Good as new!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Does anyone know if there have been improvements on the 2018 EVO from the one I bought 4 years ago?

From what I can tell, YES!!
I was in on the Indiegogo campaign and had some issues with it's performance and their servicing was not too good back then.
Reading the thread I can see things have changed with their service, which is excellent news!

I can also tell you that the one I have now, from late 2017/early 2018, is leaps and bounds above my original EVO. I use it daily and it provides great taste, clouds and effects!
Love it dry or through water.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
From what I can tell, YES!!
I was in on the Indiegogo campaign and had some issues with it's performance and their servicing was not too good back then.
Reading the thread I can see things have changed with their service, which is excellent news!

I can also tell you that the one I have now, from late 2017/early 2018, is leaps and bounds above my original EVO. I use it daily and it provides great taste, clouds and effects!
Love it dry or through water.
The EVO is very SADISTIC! Pov
In a way that we can HANDLE!

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
This morning was the second worst day of my life. The first was breaking my evolver hydra tree and never being able to get that back. The second, this morning, is breaking my cloud Evo bamboo. It’s been going strong for 4 years! But the heater definitely was wonky, the green light never came on. In my spur of the moment, I sent a support note to VapeXhale asking how much to replace the bamboo. But the unit has been through a lot. More than anyone can hope. My daily driver for 4 years! So alas, I did what any good Evoite would do. I just bought a brand new one. Screw fixing the old one. Still on Memorial Day sale, I figure that I would pay between $125 - $160 to fix it. And I paid $280 for a new unit. Worth it!

Anyhow, bummed that my Evo is dead, but it’s memories will live on!

sweetherb

This morning was the second worst day of my life. The first was breaking my evolver hydra tree and never being able to get that back. The second, this morning, is breaking my cloud Evo bamboo. It’s been going strong for 4 years! But the heater definitely was wonky, the green light never came on. In my spur of the moment, I sent a support note to VapeXhale asking how much to replace the bamboo. But the unit has been through a lot. More than anyone can hope. My daily driver for 4 years! So alas, I did what any good Evoite would do. I just bought a brand new one. Screw fixing the old one. Still on Memorial Day sale, I figure that I would pay between $125 - $160 to fix it. And I paid $280 for a new unit. Worth it!

Anyhow, bummed that my Evo is dead, but it’s memories will live on!

The King is dead. Long live the King!

Top Bottom